Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jose Fly

Wanting to know why you can look at a city skyline tens of miles away and still see it. Wanting to know why NYC and Phillly skylines are over 100 miles apart and both perfectly visible in opposite directions at the same time. This shouldn't be possible earth is a globe.

Have fun with that.

Daniel1611

I'm sorry, you can see the NYC skyline from Philly? Please advise where and document this claim.

And I still think you should charter that plane, show us that you are not just a fundy loony tune.

I didn't say you can see NYC from philly. I said they are both visible in opposite directions. You can see the NYC skyline from 60 miles away. In the other direction, you can see the philly skyline from 60 miles away. Forget worrying about both of them. I should not be able to see one level skyline from 60 miles away ever on a globe.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
I didn't say you can see NYC from philly. I said they are both visible in opposite directions. You can see the NYC skyline from 60 miles away. In the other direction, you can see the philly skyline from 60 miles away. Forget worrying about both of them. I should not be able to see one level skyline from 60 miles away ever on a globe.

Exactly where, from 60 miles away can you see the NYC skyline and how much do you see?

Daniel1611

Have fun with that.

You don't know. If it is curved, why can you see a flat city skyline from 60 miles away? Why? Stop with your fundamentalist rhetoric And give me some proof that it's a globe but I can see a flat city skyline 60 miles away. Not just the tops of buildings. The entire skyline. With flat horizon in the background.

Daniel1611

Exactly where, from 60 miles away can you see the NYC skyline and how much do you see?

NYC skyline from Bear Mountain. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Location...untain_State_Park-Bear_Mountain_New_York.html

Philly skyline from Apple Pie Hill in New Jersey.
http://www.wunderground.com/wximage/samwise70/6

My phone wouldn't copy the photos so I had to find a link. Click then and see the photos. The NYC is from 60 miles away. The philly one is actually only 40 miles away. My mistake. But my point stands. This should not be possible on a globe.

noguru

Wanting to know why you can look at a city skyline tens of miles away and still see it. Wanting to know why NYC and Phillly skylines are over 100 miles apart and both perfectly visible in opposite directions at the same time. This shouldn't be possible earth is a globe.

So a few mysteries (to your current understanding) in the prevailing model is evidence for your model being accurate, despite the exponentially greater mysteries there would be from your model?

noguru

NYC skyline from Bear Mountain. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Location...untain_State_Park-Bear_Mountain_New_York.html

My phone wouldn't copy the photos so I had to find a link. Click then and see the photos. The NYC is from 60 miles away. The philly one is actually only 40 miles away. My mistake. But my point stands. This should not be possible on a globe.

Are you really this daft? A view from a mountain, due to it's altitude, overcomes the view lost from the curve of the earth's surface. Do you think these things through thoroughly before you post them?

Both of those photos are not unexpected, given a curved earth surface and the view from a place of higher altitude. What exactly are your expectations, and what is the sound reasoning you use to determine those expectations?

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned

Ah, but the real question is can you see the same skyline from sea level 60 miles away. Do you even understand the issue? Or are you as uneducated as you seem?

Daniel1611

Are you really this daft? A view from a mountain overcomes the view lost from the curve. Do think these things through thoroughly before you post them?

Then he should have to look down to take the picture. But he doesn't because the flat horizon rises to eye level. Are you thick or something? It's down over a curve and he's on a mountain but doesn't have to look down to see it? That's not even a stupid thing for you to say. You have to be more than stupid to say that. You have to be brainwashed.

Daniel1611

Ah, but the real question is can you see the same skyline from sea level 60 miles away. Do you even understand the issue? Or are you as uneducated as you seem?

I'll say it again. If it was down over the curve and he was taking a picture from a mountain, he would have to look down to see it. He doesn't though. It's flat out in front of him.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I have not been paying attention to this thread
so
can someone here tell me who the creationists are?

MichaelCadry 2,670
noguru 1,162
alwight 890
6days 529
Untellectual 458
Mark SeaSigh 447
The Barbarian 389
DFT_Dave 379

Daniel1611

At what angle "down"? Have you calculated that?

How have you calculated that he wouldnt have to look down at a city that's beyond the curve while he's standing on a mountain? Tell me how he doesn't have to look down? What is that calculation?

noguru

Are you thick or something?

Thick? I am not gullible and I think things through thoroughly. If you think that makes me "thick", then so be it. Your opinion is rather irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

It's down over a curve and he's on a mountain but doesn't have to look down to see it? That's not even a stupid thing for you to say.

Have you calculated what angle "down" this curve would require one to look?

You have to be more than stupid to say that. You have to be brainwashed.

:chuckle:

Says the person incapable of admitting his multitude of previous errors.

Forest Gump's mother said:
Stupid is as stupid does.

noguru

Daniel1611

:chuckle:

You are the one claiming "a curve of the earth's surface would make the view impossible", so you should know the math behind your claim.

One minute you claim a ship disappears over the horizon after a few miles, but now a city is visible 60 miles away? Now, that's stupid

noguru

One minute you claim a ship disappears over the horizon after a few miles, but now a city is visible 60 miles away? Now, that's stupid

The bottom of a ship disappears first, yes. And after enough distance the whole ship. That alone is evidence of a curve. And actually I did not use "viewing another ship" as evidence. That was another poster, though his example works also.

The other factor you seem intent on ignoring is altitude, meaning above sea level.

You truly are a moron.

Daniel1611

The bottom of a ship disappears first, yes. And after enough distance the whole ship. That alone is evidence of a curve. And actually I did not use "viewing another ship" as evidence. That was another poster, though his example works also.

The other factor you seem intent on ignoring is altitude, meaning above sea level.

You truly are a moron.

If you are above it, you would need to look down over the curve!!!! The guy taking the picture from Bear mountain is looking straight ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.