CPAC silence on SSM is speaking volumes

GFR7

No more taking a stance on social issues. :think:

Conservatives Mostly Silent on Gay Marriage at CPAC:

Don't Ask, Don't Tell

It’s a momentous time for gay marriage. Every few weeks a federal judge orders a state — most recently, deep-red Alabama — to recognize same-sex unions, bringing the total to 37. The Supreme Court could expand that nationwide with a ruling sometime this summer. But you wouldn’t know that from the discussions at a gathering of conservative activists this week.

Spoiler
ted-cruz-cpac.jpg

http://time.com/3727401/conservatives-mostly-silent-on-gay-marriage-at-cpac/

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
they are all for traditional marriage
show me who isn't
they all say the states should decide this issue
show me who didn't

quip

BANNED
Banned
I don't think there's anything more they can say.....it's lick your wounds time.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I don't think there's anything more they can say.....it's lick your wounds time.

gop platform based on cpac

no to abortion
yes to marriage
yes to states
no to marijuana
no to clinton
no to isis
no to taxes
no to regulations
don't need to say any more

GFR7

they are all for traditional marriage
show me who isn't
they all say the states should decide this issue
show me who didn't
Shouldn't they boldly proclaim that at CPAC, knowing it is receiving wide media coverage? IMO, it is not right to remain silent, as it sends the wrong message.

GFR7

gop platform based on cpac

no to abortion
yes to marriage
yes to states
no to marijuana
no to clinton
no to isis
no to taxes
no to regulations
don't need to say any more
Yes on traditional marriage, I presume. I didn't get to watch CPAC, although my son did. Were they proclaiming all of the above? Is Time magazine skewing this? :think:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
No more taking a stance on social issues. :think:

CPAC is not longer a gathering of just conservatives, if it were, Ron Paul Jr. wouldn't be invited (Rand Paul won the straw poll 3 years in a row, hence the crowd was full of pro dope, anti-family Libertarians).

If you think that the social conservative message wasn't presented, then you haven't listened to Phil Robertson's speech.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Shouldn't they boldly proclaim that at CPAC, knowing it is receiving wide media coverage? IMO, it is not right to remain silent, as it sends the wrong message.

Boldly claim something that is just going to be struck down by judges? What's the point? Unless you are still holding onto some hope that gay marriage won't become standard law in the US.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The OP post link is from Time; it comes as part of my newsfeed. You didn't answer my question, though. :nono:

whoa! I answer questions
yes time skewed it
you should know that they would
I did
all of the above? yes, you can trust my reporting
jeb, carly, and walker all looked good

GFR7

CPAC is not longer a gathering of just conservatives, if it were, Ron Paul Jr. wouldn't be invited (Rand Paul won the straw poll 3 years in a row, hence the crowd was full of pro dope, anti-family Libertarians).

If you think that the social conservative message wasn't presented, then you haven't listened to Phil Robertson's speech.

Thank you! :BRAVO: :BRAVO:

GFR7

are they still wasting ink on that rag? :noway:
I hate Time - I have a cousin from Yale who was a journalist there, and I cannot stand him. :vomit:

I ain't a liberal and I don't read Time, aCW.
I was just lonely and it is snowing hard here and I was looking for something to post :cry: :cry:

GFR7

whoa! I answer questions
yes time skewed it
you should know that they would
I did
all of the above? yes, you can trust my reporting
jeb, carly, and walker all looked good
Thank you - i have a feeling it would have helped me to watch the CPAC conference :eek::eek: