Counterfeit Christianity

Robert Pate

Banned
Satan has deceived multitudes into believing that they are Christians when they are not.

They look like Christians, they talk like Christians. Some go to the organized church and carry their Bibles under their arms, but they have never been born again spiritually.

When some of these lost people are confronted with the Gospel they deny it as their only means of salvation. Many believe that it is the Gospel plus what they are, or the Gospel plus what they have become. They are trusting in themselves.

Just because someone says that they believe that Jesus is the Christ, does not mean that they are Christians. Satan also believes that Jesus is the Christ.

Paul said, "Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away" 2 Timothy 3:5.

The power that they deny is the Gospel. In the Gospel God has defeated sin, death and the devil through his Son Jesus Christ and in doing so has reconciled us and the world unto himself, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

Saving faith is faith that God's Son has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and has reconciled us to God. Saving faith is faith that Jesus has atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. Saving faith is faith that says... "Because of what Jesus has accomplished in my name and on my behalf, I can stand before God as justified" Romans 3:26.

What it comes down to is what are you trusting in? Are you trusting in John Calvin? Are you trusting in the Catholic church? Are you trusting in who you are and in what you have become. There is no saving power in these things, none of those things can save. The only one who has the power to save is Jesus Christ. Therefore all of your faith should be directed to him and to him alone.

Truster

The counterfeit is sent by the Almighty.

''And for this cause Elohim shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:''

The term strong means empowered. So the counterfeit is not only sent, but it is sure to be successful.

daqq

Him alone? Really? Should we not have faith in Jesus' God?

:)

Joel 2:28-32
28. And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out My Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
29. And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out My Spirit.
30. And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth; blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
31. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the coming of the day of YHWH the great and the awesome.
32. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call upon the name of YHWH shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Yerushalaim shall be deliverance, as YHWH has said, and in the remnant whom YHWH shall call.

Acts 2:16-21
16. But this is that which hath been spoken through the prophet Joel:
17. And it shall come to pass in the last days, (says Elohim) that I will pour out of My Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
18. Yea, and on My servants and on My handmaidens in those days will I pour out My Spirit; and they shall prophesy.
19. And I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke:
20. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the coming of the day of YHWH the great and the notable.
21. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call upon the name of YHWH shall be delivered.

Zeke

Satan has deceived multitudes into believing that they are Christians when they are not.

They look like Christians, they talk like Christians. Some go to the organized church and carry their Bibles under their arms, but they have never been born again spiritually.

When some of these lost people are confronted with the Gospel they deny it as their only means of salvation. Many believe that it is the Gospel plus what they are, or the Gospel plus what they have become. They are trusting in themselves.

Just because someone says that they believe that Jesus is the Christ, does not mean that they are Christians. Satan also believes that Jesus is the Christ.

Paul said, "Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away" 2 Timothy 3:5.

The power that they deny is the Gospel. In the Gospel God has defeated sin, death and the devil through his Son Jesus Christ and in doing so has reconciled us and the world unto himself, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

Saving faith is faith that God's Son has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and has reconciled us to God. Saving faith is faith that Jesus has atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. Saving faith is faith that says... "Because of what Jesus has accomplished in my name and on my behalf, I can stand before God as justified" Romans 3:26.

What it comes down to is what are you trusting in? Are you trusting in John Calvin? Are you trusting in the Catholic church? Are you trusting in who you are and in what you have become. There is no saving power in these things, none of those things can save. The only one who has the power to save is Jesus Christ. Therefore all of your faith should be directed to him and to him alone.

Everyone to some degree is operating through the same type of artifice/persona. What is a genuine Son of faith supposed to live like? Does one partake of the world system that demands obedience to the Magistrates/Gods/Lords of you're surnamed persona/strawman with an image on a ID that patronizes nations and imaginary lines on a map? Or should we live like the motif of Jesus without any ties to this world, living on the mantra of let tomorrow take care of it's self?

What about 1Cor13, The more excellent way seems that came right after some other teachings that must have been a less excellent way, falling short of perfect love that gives liberty and rest from the toll of theologies and doctrines! Mere distractions that leap over that chapter on to bigger and better Dogmas for the strawman to feel pious about, it never ends......................................until those theologies/doctrines/Labels/religions lose their relevance for the New Man seeking to gain the prize of perfect Love that is truly all things to ALL people, not for just some of the blind personas trapped in the fiction of this worldly system.

You seem to be an expert on what the good news for man is, yet you still trust in a Deity with a exclusive persona, culturally bound and under a national contract to a bloodline of temporal flesh.

Isn't that just another way around 1Cor13?

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
Everyone to some degree is operating through the same type of artifice/persona. What is a genuine Son of faith supposed to live like? Does one partake of the world system that demands obedience to the Magistrates/Gods/Lords of you're surnamed persona/strawman with an image on a ID that patronizes nations and imaginary lines on a map? Or should we live like the motif of Jesus without any ties to this world, living on the mantra of let tomorrow take care of it's self?

What about 1Cor13, The more excellent way seems that came right after some other teachings that must have been a less excellent way, falling short of perfect love that gives liberty and rest from the toll of theologies and doctrines! Mere distractions that leap over that chapter on to bigger and better Dogmas for the strawman to feel pious about, it never ends......................................until those theologies/doctrines/Labels/religions lose their relevance for the New Man seeking to gain the prize of perfect Love that is truly all things to ALL people, not for just some of the blind personas trapped in the fiction of this worldly system.

You seem to be an expert on what the good news for man is, yet you still trust in a Deity with a exclusive persona, culturally bound and under a national contract to bloodline of temporal flesh.

Isn't that just another way around 1Cor13?

How should we live?

We live by faith in the Son of God who loved us and gave himself for us.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You can always tell when someone has an unbiblical belief when they use stuff like that.

And we can always tell when someone doesn't believe the Creator of all that exists is not God even though scripture says he is.

In Genesis 2:4 scripture says, "This is the history of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens."

The word "LORD" is YHVH.

YHVH made everything that exists and without him nothing was made that was made.

And Jesus has a God, he said so.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
More exclusions from Pate....he is so more exclusive than Calvin ever was....

I do declare

If Pate were a 16th centuryer he'd be burning 'em left right and centre

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
...I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God. (John 20:17 NKJV)​

Why do you not believe Jesus? Weren't you talking about belief?

Jesus often identified himself with our humanity. I believe that is what he is doing here.

"My Father and your Father, and to my God and your God".

He was all human and all God in one person.

Robert Pate

Banned
More exclusions from Pate....he is so more exclusive than Calvin ever was....

I do declare

If Pate were a 16th centuryer he'd burning 'em left right and centre

No, I am not full of the devil like your hero John Calvin.

I believe in freedom of religion. Worship your dog if you want to.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
No, I am not full of the devil like your hero John Calvin.

I believe in freedom of religion. Worship your dog if you want to.

But you wouldn't in 17th century Europe...do not kid yourself

Calvin's Geneva is where all the English and French protestants found refuge from the persecutions of the RCC it must have been a veritable heaven on earth....