ECT Complete Works of Oswald Chambers

Cross Reference

Baloney

The only sin you can accuse Adam of before he ate the fruit was his willingness to disobey God and eat from the forbidden tree. You could say he failed to stop Eve but we are not charged for the sins of others unless we cause them to stumble. However, in Eves case she was deceived because she judged through desires of the flesh. on the other hand Adam was not deceived and not only sinned willingly but also purposely

As far as Adam having the Spirit of God........The same as Jesus breathed the Holy Spirit of God into His disciples so did God breathe the Holy Spirit of Himself into Adam

You are just as clueless about creation as you are about the resurrection and almost everything else concerning God's plan for man.

Then there would have been no reason ever for him to eat of the "Tree of Life" to "live forever". So why place the "Tree of Life" in the garden if there was no suggestion of something more God had in store for Adam had he obeyed, Huh?

Genesis 3:22 (KJV 1900)
"And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Revelation 2:7 (KJV 1900)
"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God."

OT-NT, Nothing has changed!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Adam had power over his flesh and didn't call upon "Him".

OMT: Adam had dominion over the whole earth. Certainly if he had no power over his own flesh, God would NEVER have given him ANY commands. That has to make sense to you!

I should have said Adam had not the power to deny his own flesh.

Christians are given that power but they have need to abide in it.

Mat 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
Mat 16:25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
Mat 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
Mat 16:27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Livelystone

No.

I use scriptural principle.

If you use scriptural principal to prove a point you must consider all witnesses to the matter at hand. You are either deliberately ignoring a witness that proves your theory false or you are unaware of scriptures you are not considering. Either way you have failed to properly use God's laws for determining the truth. Therefore,you have missed the mark.

The spirit which God breathed into Adam was what made him alive as first creation man.

The Spirit of God was the Spirit given to Adam, however, sin is the cause of death. Said plainly for you, had Adam not sinned he would have lived forever.

This did not equate to eternal life, for mans spirit can be changed and defiled.

Mans spirit was already defiled before their birth and cannot be changed into a clean spirit. This is why we are given a new spirit through our "born again" experience

God's Spirit that is the Spirit originally given to Adam was Adam's source of life, however, Adam defiled the Spirit of God when he sinned. When because of sin Adam defiled God's Holy Spirit, it became the unclean spirit of man that Adam handed down to all of mankind that causes them to be conceived in sin. Because of this sin handed down to all of mankind, they are already under a sentence of death before they are born

Haggai 2:13 Then said Haggai, If one that is unclean by a dead body touch any of these, shall it be unclean? And the priests answered and said, It shall be unclean.

Psalm 51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

1Co 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Two different spirits.

Finally you said something right. Unfortunately, you are clueless to how the Spirit of God given to Adam became the unclean spirit of man. BTW, God is the Father of all Spirits and all spirits had their origin in Him who created all things.

Adam did not sin purposely, and he could not say no to his own flesh.

Wrong again !!!

1 Timothy 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression

Adam not being deceived proves he was aware that eating the fruit was a sin (aka knowledge of sin) yet he still did so (aka the act of sin)

Adam did have a responsibility to correct Eve, you say he did not.

Wrong again

We all have a responsibility to warn others but we are not charged for their sin. On the other hand if we cause someone to turn away from sin we will be blessed for doing so. You should be aware of these facts but you are spiritually blind.

CR should keep you around because only you can be wrong so much that you make him look good

Cross Reference

If you use scriptural principal to prove a point you must consider all witnesses to the matter at hand. You are either deliberately ignoring a witness that proves your theory false or you are unaware of scriptures you are not considering. Either way you have failed to properly use God's laws for determining the truth. Therefore,you have missed the mark.

The Spirit of God was the Spirit given to Adam, however, sin is the cause of death. Said plainly for you, had Adam not sinned he would have lived forever.

Mans spirit was already defiled before their birth and cannot be changed into a clean spirit. This is why we are given a new spirit through our "born again" experience

God's Spirit that is the Spirit originally given to Adam was Adam's source of life, however, Adam defiled the Spirit of God when he sinned. When because of sin Adam defiled God's Holy Spirit, it became the unclean spirit of man that Adam handed down to all of mankind that causes them to be conceived in sin. Because of this sin handed down to all of mankind, they are already under a sentence of death before they are born

Haggai 2:13 Then said Haggai, If one that is unclean by a dead body touch any of these, shall it be unclean? And the priests answered and said, It shall be unclean.

Psalm 51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Finally you said something right. Unfortunately, you are clueless to how the Spirit of God given to Adam became the unclean spirit of man. BTW, God is the Father of all Spirits and all spirits had their origin in Him who created all things.

Wrong again !!!

1 Timothy 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression

Adam not being deceived proves he was aware that eating the fruit was a sin (aka knowledge of sin) yet he still did so (aka the act of sin)

Wrong again

We all have a responsibility to warn others but we are not charged for their sin. On the other hand if we cause someone to turn away from sin we will be blessed for doing so. You should be aware of these facts but you are spiritually blind.

CR should keep you around because only you can be wrong so much that you make him look good

You own the word, "deception".

Livelystone

I know.

I know that, too.

However, I thank God He has left me with sufficient sensibilities to not buy into your false understanding __ and others like you.

That was humble, and the news you are comming out of denial is certainly encouraging

Maybe if you take the time to try and prove me wrong, a light will come on that will allow you to see the truth that I am trying to get you to see?

If you will follow God's laws for determining the truth you cannot miss the mark of the truth.

Take the time and study this......... the benfits to you will be enormous

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76526

Cross Reference

That was humble, and the news you are comming out of denial is certainly encouraging

Maybe if you take the time to try and prove me wrong, a light will come on that will allow you to see the truth that I am trying to get you to see?

If you will follow God's laws for determining the truth you cannot miss the mark of the truth.

Take the time and study this......... the benfits to you will be enormous

I don't think so. Give up on me. I am a lost cause to anything but Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit He has baptized with, to benefit me in whatever way He sees fit. May I strongly suggest you let Him do the same for you. But, you have to believe in Him first.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

No, you speak from a lying spirit.

It was precisely because the spirit of Adam was of this creation that he did sin.

The tree of eternal life was in the garden, which adam was denied to eat from because he sinned.

So your idea that Adam had the same spirit breathed into him, which Jesus had breathed into his disciples is just a big fat lie from the spirit of the new age spiritualists.

A vague statement.

The only Spirit given to saved men to abide with mans spirit is the Spirit of God.

Bollocks.
Adam did not have the Spirit of God in Him.

Adam had a created spirit in him, and the nature of that spirit is man, and not God.

All things of the first creation are burnable and not eternal.

Wrong again !!!

Having a knowledge of what God said not to do, does not mean that Adam deliberately sinned as you claim.

Wrong again

A man was to look after his own flesh in the first creation, and Eve was of Adams flesh, he had a responsibility to look after Eve from the beginning--

Eph 5:29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

Your looking good in the eyes of men is foremost in your mind.

and to do that you must say bad things about those you despise.

LA

Cross Reference

It was precisely because the spirit of Adam was of this creation that he did sin.

The tree of eternal life was in the garden, which adam was denied to eat from because he sinned.
LA
Given the account, what do you believe would have happened had Adam eaten of the Tree of Life, BEFORE he sinned?

Livelystone

So your idea that Adam had the same spirit breathed into him, which Jesus had breathed into his disciples is just a big fat lie from the spirit of the new age spiritualists.

A vague statement.

The only Spirit given to saved men to abide with mans spirit is the Spirit of God.

Bollocks.
Adam did not have the Spirit of God in Him.

Adam had a created spirit in him, and the nature of that spirit is man, and not God.

All things of the first creation are burnable and not eternal.

Having a knowledge of what God said not to do, does not mean that Adam deliberately sinned as you claim.

A man was to look after his own flesh in the first creation, and Eve was of Adams flesh, he had a responsibility to look after Eve from the beginning--

Eph 5:29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

Your looking good in the eyes of men is foremost in your mind.

and to do that you must say bad things about those you despise.

LA

You are so full of crap

I did not get past your first line

Trying to make sense with you is trying to make sense out of nonsense

You are back on ignore where all idiots and liars go

Cross Reference

"Our whole being, not one aspect of it, has to be brought to comprehend the love of God. We are apt to co-ordinate our spiritual faculties only; our lack of co-ordination is detected if we cannot pass easily from what we call the secular to the sacred. Our Lord passed from the one to the other without any break; the reason we cannot is that we are not pressed on to the life of God. We have made “a world within the world” of our own which we have to guard jealousy: “I must not do this and that”; “I must keep myself entirely here.” That is not the life of God at all, it is not genuine enough; it is artificial and cannot stand the strain of actual life. There is no room in the New Testament for sickly piety, but room only for the robust, vigorous, open-air life that Jesus lived—in the world but not of it, the whole life guided and transfigured by God. Beware of the piety that is not stamped by the life of God, but by the type of a religious experience. Be absolutely and fiercely godly in your life, but never be pious. *A “pi” person does not take God seriously, he only takes himself seriously, the one tremendous worship of his life is his experience." . . . ..Oswald Chambers "Approved unto God".

Whose handle is all over this?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Given the account, what do you believe would have happened had Adam eaten of the Tree of Life, BEFORE he sinned?

I can only suggest that the nature of Adam as created by God, was that the tree of life appeared to be death to him and her, and probably not attractive to their senses.

A friend (former town drunk) could not read or write so although we would read him the Bible, God would give him amazing dreams, (two of them I know of) .

One was that he was looking up into the clouds and he saw what he thought was a coffin and as he continued to look he saw a cross on it and that it was the Bible.

None of us could figure it out but then a visitor just said--

What appeared to Him looked like death but it was really the way to life. Simple enough but it meant a lot to him.

I am sure you know the principle.

LA

Cross Reference

I can only suggest that the nature of Adam as created by God, was that the tree of life appeared to be death to him and her, and probably not attractive to their senses.

Why would anyone choose to believe that was the case? Why would God give him such a nature, #1? What would be the point of it given all else God had given him along with the superhuman abilities he possessed? So why death to him would the Tree of Life represent? I don't get your reasoning at all. The one thing I do get is that you can only suggest because, you never gave it much thought __ and it is the main thing that, had Adam eaten of it worthily, would have fulfilled God's intention for having created mankind. If you don't believe that then you also haven't given much thought as to why it was necessary to boot Adam and Eve out of the garden after he transgressed. What this says to me is that your ideas about all else spiritual is centered on man's salvation from hell, irrespective of your Pentecostal understanding which is given for so much more. I don't get it. Are you "oneness" Pentecostal? That would explain it for me.

A friend (former town drunk) could not read or write so although we would read him the Bible, God would give him amazing dreams, (two of them I know of) .

One was that he was looking up into the clouds and he saw what he thought was a coffin and as he continued to look he saw a cross on it and that it was the Bible.

None of us could figure it out but then a visitor just said--

What appeared to Him looked like death but it was really the way to life. Simple enough but it meant a lot to him.

I am sure you know the principle.

LA

Sorry, but I do not know that "principle". If he understood it that is what matters. Are you sure they were God given dreams? What was the outcome of it all? Is he still the town drunk?

Livelystone

Why would anyone choose to believe that was the case? Why would God give him such a nature, #1? What would be the point of it given all else God had given him along with the superhuman abilities he possessed? So why death to him would the Tree of Life represent? I don't get your reasoning at all. The one thing I do get is that you can only suggest because, you never gave it much thought __ and it is the main thing that, had Adam eaten of it worthily, would have fulfilled God's intention for having created mankind. If you don't believe that then you also haven't given much thought as to why it was necessary to boot Adam and Eve out of the garden after he transgressed. What this says to me is that your ideas about all else spiritual is centered on man's salvation from hell, irrespective of your Pentecostal understanding which is given for so much more. I don't get it. Are you "oneness" Pentecostal? That would explain it for me.

Minds that are led by God understand why Adam did not need to eat from the tree of life before he sinned. On the other hand minds that have become dead and lost to God has allowed the person to become ruled over by the demonic. Consequently, these minds cannot fathom why Adam did not seek to eat from the tree of life before he sinned

Before the resulting judgment coming from his sin, Adam was one with the Spirit of God ever since He was first created perfect. Therefore, before he sinned Adam already had eternal life because before sin there was no death that is the result of sin. After their judgment was passed they needed to eat from the tree of life in order to keep from dying the death they were sentenced to.

This is given further evidence in the words given to us that God communicated with them during the "cool of the day" that when translated (strongs 7307 & 3117) tells us they communed through the same spirit of the present time that was God's Spirit.

Because they were no longer in the created image and likeness of God that is a seven fold spirit, they had become as only one of the seven fold spirit of God that needed to eat from the tree of life in order to live forever.

This is because Adam through his sin lost the mind of Christ he was first created with seen in the other six spirits of God in addition to the "one of us" that he still had possession of that was the spirit of council (that is one of the seven fold spirits of God per Isa.11:2 KJV) from when Adam followed the council coming from the mind and voice of his flesh being spoken through Eve.

Incidentally, this "one of us" spirit of council that remained in Adam instead of him receiving council from God, has not only plagued mankind until this day, it is the reason both you and LA remain oblivious to the truth because neither of you will submit to learning how the Bible teaches us to gain Godly Wisdom found in the link below.

On the other hand babes in Christ who have been taught through the above link on how to seek out the truth in the Scriptures, are able to see it quite easily.

Last edited: