Complete border meltdown

Truster

Correct me if my geographical history is a little flakey on this subject, but isn't the USA established upon the tearing down of boarders? Or tribal lands that all had boundaries? Ancient burial and hunting grounds?

fool

Hall of Fame
We haven't succeeded in bringing Democracy anywhere!
We tried? :idunno:
Delousing and deworming isn't the problem.
Alright, then we can stop talking about lice and vermin and disease.

How can thousands and thousands of children without parents be properly socialized and educated?
If the most powerful and wealthy nation in the history of Earth can't do it then how can the Podunk rathole they came from do it?
What kind of citizens are they likely to become?
American:5020:
We have a huge Somali contingent in Minnesota.
Congratulations
They are fertile fields to recruit terrorists to be trained back in Somali then come back here blend in and commit acts of terrorism.
As could anyone really.

There have been innumerable incidents of gangs of Somali men assaulting single white men and handicapped men and stating that they hate white people and hate America.
That sounds terrible, you should round them up and give them justice.

And while many of them work many more collect our very generous welfare assistance with
aggressive entitlement attitudes.
Don't blame the immigrants for our welfare system.
How many people are unemployed here already?
Lots, and the ones that have jobs want more, the fast food workers who can't remember to put the napkins in the bag want $15 an hour.
I bet the kids that walked 2000 miles would remember the napkins.

And how many small businesses are going under due to excessive regulations and taxation and red tape?
Don't blame our messed up systems on the immigrants.

Where are jobs to come from for these children who will be taken carry of by the government which tends to breed an entitlement mentality?
From the children themselves, are the people laying around on the dole going to change the world? No.
But the kid that chose to risk death to come here, he will.

Legal immigrants work.
Illegal immigrants also work.
And work is good.
Children without parents must be cared for by the state. The state is not a good parent.
And the alternative is send them back to states that are worse parents?
The places they risked death to flee?

gcthomas

From the children themselves, are the people laying around on the dole going to change the world? No.

And work is good.

Whenever I want a good job done - building, garden work, nursing - it is the immigrants that do the best day's work. They aren't afraid of hard work for their money, whereas the local kids expect to get paid well and put in little effort.

Bring in the immigrants - they are the ones who are going to work hard to get us out of the economic woes. Perhaps we could send the loafers back to where the immigrants fled from? It'd toughen them up, I reckon.

fool

Hall of Fame
No, I don't have a problem with people trying to escape the government in China. I also can understand why you might want to escape Mexico.

I get all that.

But... I don't know of many countries that don't have some type of border control. Heck, that's what makes a country a country.

Therefore, while I feel sorry for folks that might want to escape whatever situation they are in that doesn't mean I think we should tear down our borders and throw away the sovereignty of this country just because I feel bad for the folks that wish they were here, instead of there.
So turn the border check points into "sign up kiosks".
Then we can interview, delouse and deworm, take their case, and get them on the road to America.
There's plenty of room.
I'm good friends with the Chinese folks at my local liquor store and they escaped from China.... and entered the US legally applying for and eventually gaining citizenship. If they can do it legally.... why can't other folks do it legally?
Because other folks most likely can't read and write even in their own language because they were born in a ditch and raised in a hut and only learn what they know from word of mouth?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Because other folks most likely can't read and write even in their own language because they were born in a ditch and raised in a hut and only learn what they know from word of mouth?
And illegally entering our country is the only possible solution?

bybee

We tried? :idunno:

Alright, then we can stop talking about lice and vermin and disease.

If the most powerful and wealthy nation in the history of Earth can't do it then how can the Podunk rathole they came from do it?

American:5020:

Congratulations

As could anyone really.

That sounds terrible, you should round them up and give them justice.

Don't blame the immigrants for our welfare system.

Lots, and the ones that have jobs want more, the fast food workers who can't remember to put the napkins in the bag want $15 an hour.
I bet the kids that walked 2000 miles would remember the napkins.

Don't blame our messed up systems on the immigrants.

And work is good.

And the alternative is send them back to states that are worse parents?
The places they risked death to flee?

FOOL! I'm not blaming anyone. Let us use some common sense and look forward to possible problems so we can begin to work on the solutions.
Even God can't save everyone. Neither can Uncle Sam. But let us do our best to save some.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I'm good friends with the Chinese folks at my local liquor store and they escaped from China.... and entered the US legally applying for and eventually gaining citizenship. If they can do it legally.... why can't other folks do it legally?

That seems to be the question that keeps getting swept under the rug.

whitestone

Maybe you still need to keep reading, since i havent said one word about the race of anyone here - read this post of mine from earlier in the thread also till you understand it:

If you still dont understand what i said, i can blow that phrase there up for you, will that help?

Better yet, post the part of anything ive said here, that has anything at all to do with race.

maybe it would be as simple as that ver·min
ˈvərmən/
noun
plural noun: vermin

wild mammals and birds that are believed to be harmful to crops, farm animals, or game, or that carry disease, e.g., foxes, rodents, and insect pests.
synonyms: pests, parasites; More
infestations;
undesirables, lowlifes
"an apartment crawling with vermin"
parasitic worms or insects.
infestations;
undesirables, lowlifes
people perceived as despicable and as causing problems for the rest of society.
"the vermin who ransacked her house"
infestations;
undesirables, lowlifes

Origin
Middle English (originally denoting animals such as reptiles and snakes): from Old French, based on Latin vermis ‘worm.’
Translate vermin to

maybe I'm mistaking the way you are meaning it. In the border crises it has been found that most of these are not from Mexico but rather from http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...o-Guatemala-Immigration-Crisis-266087841.html Guatemala,Honduras,and El-Salvador (I have not seen any news relating that they are bringing their livestock/vermin along with them.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
maybe it would be as simple as that ver·min
ˈvərmən/
noun
plural noun: vermin

wild mammals and birds that are believed to be harmful to crops, farm animals, or game, or that carry disease, e.g., foxes, rodents, and insect pests.
infestations;
undesirables, lowlifes
parasitic worms or insects.
infestations;
undesirables, lowlifes
people perceived as despicable and as causing problems for the rest of society.
"the vermin who ransacked her house"
infestations;
undesirables, lowlifes

Origin
Middle English (originally denoting animals such as reptiles and snakes): from Old French, based on Latin vermis ‘worm.’
Translate vermin to

maybe I'm mistaking the way you are meaning it. In the border crises it has been found that most of these are not from Mexico but rather from http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...o-Guatemala-Immigration-Crisis-266087841.html Guatemala,Honduras,and El-Salvador (I have not seen any news relating that they are bringing their livestock/vermin along with them.

Lice and scabies and intestinal parasites are vermin. What do you still not understand about what i said?

whitestone

Lice and scabies and intestinal parasites are vermin. What do you still not understand about what i said?

well no thank you for clarifying the manner you are using the term. I have lived in the u.s. my whole life and have traveled abroad and have seen outbreaks of head lice in public schools both here(u.s.) and there(abroad) and scabies both here(u.s.) and abroad,,so it would seem as likely for them to come to the u.s. scabies and lice free and catch it from us i would think.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
well no thank you for clarifying the manner you are using the term. I have lived in the u.s. my whole life and have traveled abroad and have seen outbreaks of head lice in public schools both here(u.s.) and there(abroad) and scabies both here(u.s.) and abroad,,so it would seem as likely for them to come to the u.s. scabies and lice free and catch it from us i would think.

Which has nothing to do with any kind of racism that you are attempting to claim anyone said, so get a grip.

And no, its not rampant in the us. Fact - we have immigration laws, and they should be followed. Anyone with disease and vermin, should be free of them before gaining entry into the country and they should do it registered and legal.

Dont like that? Tough, why don't you go crash the border of another country and see what happens to you there.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

I have the impression that no matter what anyone else says, you are going to find a way to turn it against the country you live in. You seem to think that all countries are equally bad and that is why you should let other people move freely across borders. If you have so little loyalty to your own country, why not go to some other country?

whitestone

Which has nothing to do with any kind of racism that you are attempting to claim anyone said, so get a grip.

And no, its not rampant in the us. Fact - we have immigration laws, and they should be followed. Anyone with disease and vermin, should be free of them before gaining entry into the country and they should do it registered and legal.

Dont like that? Tough, why don't you go crash the border of another country and see what happens to you there.

so from curiosity do you think they are coming into the u.s from the Americas as immigrants to become more wealthy or as refugees from their nations escaping probable death?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
so from curiosity do you think they are coming into the u.s from the Americas as immigrants to become more wealthy or as refugees from their nations escaping probable death?

Irrelevant- why they are coming here, they still need to do it legally, just like it used to be - where they are checked for disease, vermin, and crimes.

For example, why do you think someone with severe antibiotic resistant contagious tuberculosis, has the right to come here illegally and pass it on to many many other people and cause their probable death?

Why do you think criminals should be allowed to come here to escape probable death at the hands of other criminals?

Lastly, what do you have against people following the law?

whitestone

I have the impression that no matter what anyone else says, you are going to find a way to turn it against the country you live in. You seem to think that all countries are equally bad and that is why you should let other people move freely across borders. If you have so little loyalty to your own country, why not go to some other country?

I actually was in the process of doing that at the time homeland security was formed(not out of any hatred for the u.s.). The issue was in Brazil( and other nations) the standard of living is greater than here in the u.s.(it wasn't always this way but is now),,,now when visas,passports,ect. were tightened here by the u.s. for anyone entering the u.s. in turn the other nations made their requirements for nationality the same as the u.s.,,,"so since it is almost impossible for them to come here,it is also just as difficult for a u.s. citizen to emigrate there'',,,

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

'From curiosity'
Translation: I just want to trap you into answering a question where either answer would imply that you are the worst racist on the planet, dwarfing the Ku Klux Klan.
C'mon, we weren't born yesterday. If people have an honest desire to immigrate to an honest country, they will go through the prescribed procedures.

I actually was in the process of doing that at the time homeland security was formed(not out of any hatred for the u.s.). The issue was in Brazil( and other nations) the standard of living is greater than here in the u.s.(it wasn't always this way but is now),,,now when visas,passports,ect. were tightened here by the u.s. for anyone entering the u.s. in turn the other nations made their requirements for nationality the same as the u.s.,,,"so since it is almost impossible for them to come here,it is also just as difficult for a u.s. citizen to emigrate there'',,,

Why not go there illegally anyway to balance the books? The question was a rhetorical one! Especially if you think the standard of living was better elsewhere. It now sounds like you want to allow illegal immigration into your country out of spite because you can't emigrate to a better country. I think you're twisted.

whitestone

Irrelevant- why they are coming here, they still need to do it legally, just like it used to be - where they are checked for disease, vermin, and crimes.

For example, why do you think someone with severe antibiotic resistant contagious tuberculosis, has the right to come here illegally and pass it on to many many other people and cause their probable death?

Why do you think criminals should be allowed to come here to escape probable death at the hands of other criminals?

Lastly, what do you have against people following the law?

oh,I don't think they should just be admitted illegally,,what I do think is the same as we see in any nation where war is present like Iraq,Afghanistan,Syria ect. we see refugees by the thousands heading for a safe place in a neighboring nation(refugee camps are set up to accommodate them).

This is why I was asking you how you see them(as refugees or just someone sneaking across to get a better job),,why is that in the nations where they are from war,violence and crime are rampant( they will die if they stay),,so then they went into Mexico fleeing this and found the same condition. Then they came to the u.s.,,so in fact they are trying to stay alive not just make a better living. so should we set up refugee camps the same as is done in other parts of the world?

whitestone

'From curiosity'
Translation: I just want to trap you into answering a question where either answer would imply that you are the worst racist on the planet, dwarfing the Ku Klux Klan.
C'mon, we weren't born yesterday. If people have an honest desire to immigrate to an honest country, they will go through the prescribed procedures.

well not where war is involved,,,ever heard of the "war on drugs"?

Why not go there illegally anyway to balance the books? The question was a rhetorical one! Especially if you think the standard of living was better elsewhere. It now sounds like you want to allow illegal immigration into your country out of spite because you can't emigrate to a better country. I think you're twisted.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
'From curiosity'

He also ignores that there are immigrants who come here illegally from all over the place and their races vary greatly. The issue has nothing to do with race, but everything to do with breaking the law, and draining resources away from those who pay into them and sickening people and possibly causing people to be terrorized or murdered (yes some illegals are criminals and terrorists)

fool

Hall of Fame
Don't sneak across the Rio Grande. Visit the consular section of the local US Embassy and request residency. My wife's grand parents waited legally 7 years after WWII. The USA said yes before Australia.

"Consular section of a US Embassy" is meaningless to an illiterate orphan, as is paper work and waiting periods and quotas when all you know is what you hear word of mouth and your family is dead.