Clarence Page: Who’s afraid of critical race theory? Those who don’t know what it is

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
then yes it is.

No. If you were a friend, you'd have seen the red flags a long time ago.

The way to get there is to actually talk about what Pringle does and doesn't know.

I tried with you from the very beginning but you just wanted to talk about how the writer was "not nice."

As I'd said, perhaps you shouldn't be in the thread

Yes, you did already say. It didn't work the first time either.

Haven't you dismissed everyone out of your thread at this point?

No.

YOU started on me, for the record.

You posted to me first, Lon. For the record.

If you don't like how it goes, by all means, find someone else who better suits your parameters.

Arthur Brain

"..out of bantering mode..." : plain: Have you become evil, Anna? Are lies starting to become you? Why? What for? For what reason?

I'm not going to encourage you to have a nice evening. I'm going to encourage you to have an honest one with a long hard look into the mirror of what you are becoming. Don't be that monster.
She isn't a 'monster' in the slightest Lon, nor is she a liar. Who she is is a very good friend of mine and one I trust implicitly. You may not like her views but wanting to 'break' her and accusing her of dishonesty is frankly, pathetic.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
She isn't a 'monster' in the slightest Lon, nor is she a liar. Who she is is a very good friend of mine and one I trust implicitly. You may not like her views but wanting to 'break' her and accusing her of dishonesty is frankly, pathetic.
Agreed. Anna is one of kindest and most honest people I have ever had the privilege of knowing.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Is that what they're actually being taught?
Who knows. The fact is that many parents feel that this is what's being taught, or proposed to be taught, or otherwise promoted. And their accusation if true is reasonable.
That's what the conservative education-policy expert is saying
My understanding is that he was saying that many parents are concerned. Whatever is actually being taught is almost irrelevant to this fact.
, but there's no federal curriculum, this is a states issue, and there are a lot of very conservative school boards out there.
If there is a misconception, then there is a responsibility for those promoting any idea, to speak clearly to avoid misconceptions, but as far as I'm concerned there also is a duty upon those who might have a misconception, to honestly try to understand.

This latter necessary process typically breaks down when there is no trust. Could be that there is enough blame to go around here too though.

Last edited:

marke

Good point and thanks for defending her right to be wrong and to spread propaganda. That is certainly better than leftist media sites that shut down all voices of truth in order to protect lying leftist propaganda.

Lon

No. If you were a friend, you'd have seen the red flags a long time ago.
Gotcha. I'm naïve, but purposefully so. So, until now, we were at least casual friends. You've become bitter. I didn't realize how far that stretched.
I tried with you from the very beginning but you just wanted to talk about how the writer was "not nice."
He wasn't, was he?
Yes, you did already say. It didn't work the first time either.
Work and 'shouldn't be' aren't the same thing.
Well and good, if there is some kind of fruit produced that is edible/palatable.
You posted to me first, Lon. For the record.
Not the point, was it Anna? You've adopted a few debate tactics that aren't reserved for but for the banter side of discussions. They aren't honest. You surely are intelligent enough, if not friendly enough.
If you don't like how it goes, by all means, find someone else who better suits your parameters.
Thanks?

Lon

Agreed. Anna is one of kindest and most honest people I have ever had the privilege of knowing.
Reread a bit here. There were several dishonest points in this thread alone. :( She hasn't been very kind either. Perhaps you mean 'just with you.' Such isn't a character trait at the point of being relative to whom one is speaking.

Lon

She isn't a 'monster' in the slightest Lon, nor is she a liar.
'Monster' is when truth doesn't matter any longer, AB. Reread: I didn't call her a monster. It was a pleading statement. Wake up. I love allegiance, but not when it becomes excusing behavior from either you or Rusha, to a fault. At that point, such allegiance is 'monstrous' for sticking up for what is wrong instead of standing for what is right. Any time we hold up an abuse, especially from a friend we should be correcting, then yes, it is indeed monstrous because it exacerbates the ill two or three-fold monstrously (as is the potential for such in this thread) If my friendships don't last because I speak the truth, that is their bad, not mine. I'll not trade truth for something feigned. I'd rather actually be the definition of friend regarding their good, what is true, and what is right, than worry about being defriended or hated. That is a sad day, but not my problem. I constantly show myself as a friend even if one doesn't think it friendly. I'm doing the same here with you and Rusha whether you particularly like such kind of friendship. Truth is important to me. One will have to want it when being my friend.

Suggestion: Learn to do the same. Don't stick up for bad behavior. Reread the thread and things she PURPOSEFULLY misquotes for her own fragile ego. READ it!
Who she is is a very good friend of mine and one I trust implicitly.
No. She lied. You cannot trust someone who lies, even if it isn't to you! Wake up. I have NO very good friends who make a habit of misquotes and lies. I DIDN'T realize Anna did this, this frequently nor to me, until this thread. Sorry, Fact. Learn to be wise rather than ardent upon a fault. You CAN say she is your friend despite being untrustworthy with quotes, but that's a 'truthful' story rather than siding with an ill. That, I'll call into question and rightfully so. You are simply wrong, despite love and allegiance.
You may not like her views but wanting to 'break' her and accusing her of dishonesty is frankly, pathetic.
Being a friend to a fault isn't pathetic, but it isn't praiseworthy either. It is simply siding with someone when they are wrong. You can keep your 'pathetic' and reread the thread. You are wrong. Simple as that. READ it! You'll know you have been wrong. I don't care if she is 'honest' with you. Such isn't a character trait, it is situational ethics. She purposefully misquoted me. Friends don't do that (nor honest people). Guess again Arthur. If we have had anything between you and I, it is AT LEAST honesty to this point. -Lon

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I don't engage the way you want to *make* me engage.
Well, let's take a look at that.

1. annabananahead makes a retarded comment
2. doser observes the retardedness of annabananahead's comment and asks her to either explain it or reconsider it
3. annabananahead flies off the handle claiming I'm trying to force her to do something and never returns to the retarded comment that she initially made.

This is why I think your time here is growing shorter. You tend to clutter up the board with retarded comments.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Reread a bit here. There were several dishonest points in this thread alone. :( She hasn't been very kind either. Perhaps you mean 'just with you.' Such isn't a character trait at the point of being relative to whom one is speaking.
I stand by my assessment of Anna. What Anna does have is a backbone as well as intelligence. TOL is a better place due to her interactions on the forum.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
@Rusha
@Arthur Brain

Your support and friendship means the world to me, but I'm sorry that you both found yourself in a place where you had to defend me to Lon who seems determined to double down, so I'll respond to him one more time and then put him back on ignore. Thank you, and hopefully we can get the thread back on topic sooner rather than later.

Arthur Brain

'Monster' is when truth doesn't matter any longer, AB. Reread: I didn't call her a monster. It was a pleading statement. Wake up. I love allegiance, but not when it becomes excusing behavior from either you or Rusha, to a fault. At that point, such allegiance is 'monstrous' for sticking up for what is wrong instead of standing for what is right. Any time we hold up an abuse, especially from a friend we should be correcting, then yes, it is indeed monstrous because it exacerbates the ill two or three-fold monstrously (as is the potential for such in this thread) If my friendships don't last because I speak the truth, that is their bad, not mine. I'll not trade truth for something feigned. I'd rather actually be the definition of friend regarding their good, what is true, and what is right, than worry about being defriended or hated. That is a sad day, but not my problem. I constantly show myself as a friend even if one doesn't think it friendly. I'm doing the same here with you and Rusha whether you particularly like such kind of friendship. Truth is important to me. One will have to want it when being my friend.

Suggestion: Learn to do the same. Don't stick up for bad behavior. Reread the thread and things she PURPOSEFULLY misquotes for her own fragile ego. READ it!

No. She lied. You cannot trust someone who lies, even if it isn't to you! Wake up. I have NO very good friends who make a habit of misquotes and lies. I DIDN'T realize Anna did this, this frequently nor to me, until this thread. Sorry, Fact. Learn to be wise rather than ardent upon a fault. You CAN say she is your friend despite being untrustworthy with quotes, but that's a 'truthful' story rather than siding with an ill. That, I'll call into question and rightfully so. You are simply wrong, despite love and allegiance.

Being a friend to a fault isn't pathetic, but it isn't praiseworthy either. It is simply siding with someone when they are wrong. You can keep your 'pathetic' and reread the thread. You are wrong. Simple as that. READ it! You'll know you have been wrong. I don't care if she is 'honest' with you. Such isn't a character trait, it is situational ethics. She purposefully misquoted me. Friends don't do that (nor honest people). Guess again Arthur. If we have had anything between you and I, it is AT LEAST honesty to this point. -Lon
Your kind of truth seems to be rather what's more important to you Lon. If you think that this sort of diatribe is going to alter my former stance in any way then you are mistaken. You have a tendency to declare things as 'fact' when in fact they're just your biased opinion and anna is not guilty of 'bad behaviour' or any of the rest of it. There's a difference between having a disagreement with a friend, even dispensing advice if you think they're harming themselves etc and the way you've conducted yourself in your exchanges with anna. Telling her that maybe she should leave her own thread? That you intend to break her?

Nope. I'll stand by my original response to you thanks.

Arthur Brain

Good point and thanks for defending her right to be wrong and to spread propaganda. That is certainly better than leftist media sites that shut down all voices of truth in order to protect lying leftist propaganda.
Even if she did I'd defend her right to do so, but she doesn't. That's for the likes of you and similar ilk but I defend your right to continue with the bonkers and all...

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
In that barrage of words you've sprayed around like an out of control fire hose was this little nugget:

No. She lied.

No, Lon. I didn't lie. An honest reader of my posts to you in this thread would see this.

And you are not my friend. You've thrown a lot of insults at me in the misbegotten notion that you're doing it out of a friendship that simply doesn't exist. Just drop the pretense, you're not going to break me of anything, or teach or preach me into anything. You're going back on ignore for the third or fourth time in the last few years, because it seems like every conversation with you degenerates into you berating me six ways to Sunday. I'd rather deal with the unvarnished hatred of posters here who aren't shy about what they think about me and would never consider me a friend - or me them - than the barrage of character assassination I get from you under the guise of "friendship," or "love."