ECT Cheap or Costly Grace?

Cross Reference

Which one do you live by?

Any takers?? Surely all you Greek and Hebrew "scholars" +nothing, will at least "profess" your leanings toward which thinking suits your findings __ and why?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Grace is getting something you don't deserve. So the cost to me is free, as stated by our apostle Paul.

18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,

However, it was not cheap to him. He paid the price with his life.

3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

DAN P

Any takers?? Surely all you Greek and Hebrew "scholars" +nothing, will at least "profess" your leanings toward which thinking suits your findings __ and why?

Hi and the Greek verb " BE " is in the Greek Present tense and means we are to always IMITATE Paul as Paul IMITATES Christ !!

It is also in the Middle or Passive Voice , which means that God is the agent producing the ACTION >

It is also in the Imperative Mood of command and that means IMITATE Paul , that is what God says to do , are you doing IT ??

DAN P

People are vain, prone to pride of life, want to believe they're special, have some lease on truth others don't have, and also wish to mold God in their image, to suit their prejudices, which is silly, the creature dictating the Creator.

There are some things in the Bible I don't like, would have different. It is at this point I realize how ignorant I am, to not see, understand some things, which are inherent to the mind of very God, and, therefore, right and proper. There is only truth, which doesn't involve wishful thinking or philosophies of man, the delusions of man, therefore, worthless. Our lack of understanding, kicking against truth, is not of faith and even proof of our fallibility and foolishness, see what I mean?

Scripture should be read with a completely open mind that seeks "Thy will, not my will," and this regardless our limited thinking. Anything else is to set out a welcome mat to gross error. Yes, the Hebrew and Greek, in the hands of the prejudicial, will usually translate to "what I want it to mean."

Proverbs 3

5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

Cross Reference

People are vain, prone to pride of life, want to believe they're special, have some lease on truth others don't have, and also wish to mold God in their image, to suit their prejudices, which is silly, the creature dictating the Creator.

There are some things in the Bible I don't like, would have different. It is at this point I realize how ignorant I am, to not see, understand some things, which are inherent to the mind of very God, and, therefore, right and proper. There is only truth, which doesn't involve wishful thinking or philosophies of man, the delusions of man, therefore, worthless. Our lack of understanding, kicking against truth, is not of faith and even proof of our fallibility and foolishness, see what I mean?

Scripture should be read with a completely open mind that seeks "Thy will, not my will," and this regardless our limited thinking. Anything else is to set out a welcome mat to gross error. Yes, the Hebrew and Greek, in the hands of the prejudicial, will usually translate to "what I want it to mean."

Proverbs 3

5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

Do you, upon believing In Christ, see yourself as a signed, sealed and delivered Christian with past, present and future sins, forgiven?

Do you, upon believing In Christ, see yourself as a signed, sealed and delivered Christian with past, present and future sins, forgiven?

Absolutely, as no Christian will ever be sinless in corruptible flesh. If perfection in the flesh were obtainable, there would have been no need for the atonement of our Lord Jesus. We are not incorruptible, until our spirits return to God or the first resurrection, all of us dying in sinful flesh, personally short of the perfection God requires. This, of course, is aside from the concept a Christian has any license to sin, no Spirit filled Christian an unrepentant, practicing sinner, in the first place. (By the way, I won't do the grace/legalism arguments that are just mindless, when Romans makes all these things crystal clear. Also, if you're trying to set bait, I won't usually go in for being trolled, absent time to simply waste on entertainment, that is dish some of it out in return, for simply the fun of it. But the sophomoric arguments are usually a real bore. I see a lot of unnecessary disputing going on that's trolling, which is a personal sociopathic issue in people doing this, not a theological issue, nor this rancor Christian behavior, rather Satanic behavior.)

Cross Reference

Absolutely, as no Christian will ever be sinless in corruptible flesh. If perfection in the flesh were obtainable, there would have been no need for the atonement of our Lord Jesus. We are not incorruptible, until our spirits return to God or the first resurrection, all of us dying in sinful flesh, personally short of the perfection God requires. This, of course, is aside from the concept a Christian has any license to sin, no Spirit filled Christian an unrepentant, practicing sinner, in the first place. (By the way, I won't do the grace/legalism arguments that are just mindless, when Romans makes all these things crystal clear. Also, if you're trying to set bait, I won't usually go in for being trolled, absent time to simply waste on entertainment, that is dish some of it out in return, for simply the fun of it. But the sophomoric arguments are usually a real bore. I see a lot of unnecessary disputing going on that's trolling, which is a personal sociopathic issue in people doing this, not a theological issue, nor this rancor Christian behavior, rather Satanic behavior.)

Please, no offense. Many folk would say they believe as you do but say yes to my question.

Please, no offense. Many folk would say they believe as you do but say yes to my question.

Sorry, but I've never gone by the alias Many Folk, the old adage, "The primary difference between you and I is that I am not you" comes to mind. But okay.

Yes.

Better?

If it would help, I could start using "u" for you, "4" instead of for, etc. Or, have you ever tried doing your questions as multiple choice, or fill in the blank? Or, just say upfront that, in 2015, a paragraph is far too many letters. I aim to please, but have to know what you want.

Cross Reference

Sorry, but I've never gone by the alias Many Folk, the old adage, "The primary difference between you and I is that I am not you" comes to mind. But okay.

Yes.

Better?

If it would help, I could start using "u" for you, "4" instead of for, etc. Or, have you ever tried doing your questions as multiple choice, or fill in the blank? Or, just say upfront that, in 2015, a paragraph is far too many letters. I aim to please, but have to know what you want.

You've lost me. Don't have a clue what you are referring to.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Very costly,

John 3:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Cross Reference

Very costly,

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Key words I see are "should not". That leaves the door open for it all being a "maybe", doesn't it?

So what seals the deal if you aren't a disciple?

Very costly,

Cost everything to the Lord Jesus, coming down from His riches in glory, righteous, innocent and Holy God in flesh, to become a poor man, suffering the worst, most painful and ignominious death, at the hand of heinously evil sinners, yet out of love for evil sinners, to save us. When I think of the cross, everything wrongful I've ever done is a badge of shame, to think of His cost for those failures. It's very humbling.

Cross Reference

Cost everything to the Lord Jesus, coming down from His riches in glory, righteous, innocent and Holy God in flesh, to become a poor man, suffering the worst, most painful and ignominious death, at the hand of heinously evil sinners, yet out of love for evil sinners, to save us. When I think of the cross, everything wrongful I've ever done is a badge of shame, to think of His cost for those failures. It's very humbling.

Jesus didn't come down. Jesus was born. He was the body prepared for the Word who did come down and submitted Himself too His flesh.