• Not Sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
What do you think?

I said
If a person thinks they have salvation but don't. They are only saved. They can loose their saved status.

Matt 18:23-35
23 "Therefore the kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants.
24 "And when he had begun to settle accounts, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents.
25 "But as he was not able to pay, his master commanded that he be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and that payment be made.
26 "The servant therefore fell down before him, saying, 'Master, have patience with me, and I will pay you all.'
27 "Then the master of that servant was moved with compassion, released him, and forgave him the debt.
28 "But that servant went out and found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii; and he laid hands on him and took him by the throat, saying, 'Pay me what you owe!'
29 "So his fellow servant fell down at his feet and begged him, saying, 'Have patience with me, and I will pay you all.'
30 "And he would not, but went and threw him into prison till he should pay the debt.
31 "So when his fellow servants saw what had been done, they were very grieved, and came and told their master all that had been done.
32 "Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, 'You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me.
33 'Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?'
34 "And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him.
35 "So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses."
(NKJ)

I said
When your saved your name is written in the book of life.

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

Last edited:

Epoisses

When someone comes to Christ and receives the Holy Spirit they are converted but are only a babe in Christ. This is just the beginning of our walk with Christ not the end. The babe in Christ has to grow into maturity and during this growing phase many can and do fall away because Satan's temptations are the fiercest during this time. Once the babe reaches maturity there is no possibility of falling away. A mature Christian is one who understands that works play no role whatsoever in his relationship with Christ and lives by faith alone.

glorydaz

When someone comes to Christ and receives the Holy Spirit they are converted but are only a babe in Christ. This is just the beginning of our walk with Christ not the end. The babe in Christ has to grow into maturity and during this growing phase many can and do fall away because Satan's temptations are the fiercest during this time. Once the babe reaches maturity there is no possibility of falling away. A mature Christian is one who understands that works play no role whatsoever in his relationship with Christ and lives by faith alone.

So you think God would allow a babe to be lost or snatched from His hand? :shocked:

Danoh

Can a person loose their salvation? What do you think?

Romans 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What do you think?

The Bible states--

2Pe 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2Pe 2:2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
2Pe 2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

2Pe 2:18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.
2Pe 2:19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
2Pe 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
2Pe 2:22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Judas was an example of that because he refused to be cleaned by the Words of Christ AFTER he had believed--
Joh 13:8 Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.
Joh 13:9 Simon Peter saith unto him, Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head.
Joh 13:10 Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all.
Joh 13:11 For he knew who should betray him; therefore said he, Ye are not all clean.
Joh 13:12 So after he had washed their feet, and had taken his garments, and was set down again, he said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you?
Joh 13:13 Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.
Joh 13:14 If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.
Joh 13:15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
Joh 13:16 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.
Joh 13:17 If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.
Joh 13:18 I speak not of you all: I know whom I have chosen: but that the scripture may be fulfilled, He that eateth bread with me hath lifted up his heel against me.

The servants of the flesh only throw mud and make people dirty if they can.

LA

csuguy

I voted "yes" - but would qualify that I am speaking of the promise of salvation that we receive in this life. In this life we receive the Holy Spirit, who is a seal with which we are marked for the day of redemption (Ephesians 1:13; 4:30).

I think it is technically incorrect to speak of salvation in this life - for salvation is not realized until the day of redemption. What we have now is a promise of salvation - contingent upon our own actions.

Christ made it clear that it is insufficient to simply hear the gospel, that you need to act on his teachings to be saved. James clarified this even further, declaring faith dead which is not accompanied by works. Paul tells us that eternal life is the reward for good works, and that we must persevere if we are to receive the prize at the end of the race.

Now, if we are speaking of salvation after the day of redemption, I would tend towards saying "no" we can't lose salvation: we and the world will be reborn; perfect. But, scripture doesn't give any absolutes on this. Indeed - Adam was once perfect, and so were the fallen angels. However, there is a fundamental difference this time: those who are made perfect are those who in this life persevered to do what is right and good, to follow God.

csuguy

salvation cannot be granted and then taken away.

It is not some frivolous thing to be given and dismissed anymore than Christ's holy crucifixion.

Matthew 18:23-35 “Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. 24 As he began the settlement, a man who owed him ten thousand bags of gold[h] was brought to him. 25 Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt.

26 “At this the servant fell on his knees before him. ‘Be patient with me,’ he begged, ‘and I will pay back everything.’ 27 The servant’s master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go.

28 “But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred silver coins. He grabbed him and began to choke him. ‘Pay back what you owe me!’ he demanded.

29 “His fellow servant fell to his knees and begged him, ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay it back.’

30 “But he refused. Instead, he went off and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay the debt. 31 When the other servants saw what had happened, they were outraged and went and told their master everything that had happened.

32 “Then the master called the servant in. ‘You wicked servant,’ he said, ‘I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. 33 Shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?’ 34 In anger his master handed him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed.

35 “This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.”

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I think it is technically incorrect to speak of salvation in this life - for salvation is not realized until the day of redemption. What we have now is a promise of salvation - contingent upon our own actions.

Yes. So it is wrong to say "I am saved".

Jesus' followers have a hope of salvation.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by patrick jane You deny Jesus' saving work on the Cross, you refuse to accept the the free gift of salvation !!!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus said point blank that believers fall away because of persecution, cares of this world and riches. It's sad but it happens.

Yes it is folly to think one can not fall away from the faith, a clear disregard for what God has said.

Babies are not concerned about it because they are kept in their mothers watchful care,

but when believers become older they know the power of life is in their hands and the devil will pull out everything he has to try and destroy them, including using the mouths of the young lions.

LA