Calvinism: You Must Already be Saved to Get Saved?

flintstoned

If you believe that God chooses "Some Certain Persons" to be saved and damns the rest to hell, then you must also believe that God is unjust.

To believe that God is unjust is the same as believing that God is a sinner that cannot be trusted.

From the beginning of time, salvation has been by grace (God's unmerited favor towards fallen man) through faith. It is not humanly possible to have faith in a God that Damns billions to hell for no reason other than they were born after Adam.

You don't think unrepentant sinners should be punished? God would be UNjust if they weren't punished!

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Anyone that believes that they must be saved to get saved, has already proved that they are one french fry short of a happy meal. :kookoo:

You don't understand it because you deny the Omniscience of God even though His word says it clearly:

Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms. 4 For He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless in His presence. In love 5 He predestined us for adoption as His sons through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of His will

if God predestinated anyone to heaven or to hell before the foundation of the world, that would make him unjust.

How would it make Him unjust, for knowing what we will do beforehand?

The problem here is yours, scripture clearly states that is exactly what He does.

You tell us what this means- break it down since you deny its clear language:

Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms. 4 For He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless in His presence. In love 5 He predestined us for adoption as His sons through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of His will

So, you think that you are one of the special chosen ones?

Jesus is the savior of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. This means that salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9. Salvation is a free gift from God, Romans 5:15-18.

God has chosen all of humanity in Jesus Christ. Jesus is God's new Adam and our new humanity. God does not impose salvation on anyone, if he did he would be unjust.

yes, all who are saved are chosen, the bible is clear on it.

Offered and provided are not one and the same, do you actually believe all people ever, will receive eternal life?

Better inform Him that He lied here:
Matthew 7:23 Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Matthew 22:14 14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

And here:
John 6:44 "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.
And here:

John 15:16
"You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you.

And you just contradicted yourself.

If you believe that God chooses "Some Certain Persons" to be saved and damns the rest to hell, then you must also believe that God is unjust.
You keep saying that, yet you wont answer my questions to show me an error you think i have- i dont believe God unjust at all and i asked you how you arrived at that in an earlier post that you keep ignoring.

Do you believe all men forever are saved?

If not, then you believe also that some people will be saved, and the rest end up in hell.

Please go back and read my posts to you, and actually address them. That is what a conversation is.

If you want to teach me something, go back and break down the verse i gave you and tell me what it means, since you dont think it means what it says.

It is not my place to teach you the truth, that is the work of the Holy Spirit.

Once again you completely ignored all the questions and verses ive offered.

It IS your place to answer me:

1 Peter 3:15 But in your hearts sanctify Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to articulate a defense to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But respond with gentleness and respect, 16 keeping a clear conscience, so that those who slander you will be put to shame by your good behavior in Christ.

Why are you on a message board when you refuse to discuss anything?

Robert Pate

Banned
Once again you completely ignored all the questions and verses ive offered.

It IS your place to answer me:

1 Peter 3:15 But in your hearts sanctify Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to articulate a defense to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But respond with gentleness and respect, 16 keeping a clear conscience, so that those who slander you will be put to shame by your good behavior in Christ.

Why are you on a message board when you refuse to discuss anything?

I answered your post. You didn't like the answer.

To believe that God predestinates people to hell before they are born is to confess that God is unjust.

If God knows who will accept Christ and who will not that makes him even more unjust. This means that God knows who will reject his Son, but goes ahead and gives them life so that he can damn them to hell.

It is not possible for anyone that believes this about God to be saved.

Shasta

Nothing??? John 9:1As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. 2 His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was BORN blind?” Sigh... they accepted sin before birth. Jacob and Esau were trying to murder each other, trying to crush each other to pieces in the womb over the rights of the first born...pretty obvious sin and knowledge they shouldn't have had if your "created on earth " bias is correct, eh?

The only thing that was said was that the man had not sinned which is true for the parents who had not chosen to sin in their lives and also for the blind man if he had not existed before conception. If what you are saying is correct Jesus might just as well have said of the blind man that he was blind because of sins he had committed in a previous existence. The same could be said of people born with other infirmities, sickness, disabilities, of people who live with chronic pain and of infants who die in childbirth, that they were being punished for some sin they committed in some previous life that they cannot possibly remember much less repent of. This leads to a degradation of the concept of innocence. The Hindu's belief in reincarnation has also led to a great deficit in compassion in Indian culture. The Law of Karma has been a major justification for the Caste System. If the poor are born to a less privileged caste then it is because they committed sins in a previous existence and need to learn something.

When Jesus taught on the afterlife He never alluded to souls being in some pre-birth state of existence nor did He reference a soul entering a new body. In the parables He speaks of the choices men make in a single not multiple lifetimes. When the King judges the servants it is for the deeds done in their body (2 Corinthians 5:10) not the deeds done in many bodies or the deeds done while not in a body Since we only die once (Hebrews 9:27) this life the only theater in which we choose what the outcome will be.

Not only did Jesus not explicitly teach preexistence, the Apostles did not either. Only a couple of ECFs believed it, but in the following centuries the idea was universally rejected as heretical. You cannot construct a doctrine based upon what you think a text is hinting at. Truth is established upon what is explicitly said and in a number of passages. The lack of historical corroboration provides additional evidence that if it was ever taught it was never mainstream. For that matter it is still not mainstream.

Now you have made some inaccurate statements about Esau and Jacob. The most obvious one is that they were "trying to murder each other" while they were still in the womb. To understand this verse one does not need to resort to the comical idea of the twins planning and attempting fetuscide while still in their mother's womb. Seriously, you think fetuses can conceptualize on that level? Their brains are simply not developed enough unless you now posit that they can "think" independently of their physical brain. I think the evidence is on my side in that regard. To be able to understand the issues related to their birth order they would have had to possess a considerable degree of knowledge. I was in upper grade school before I learned what the law of primogeniture was. Those two had quite an education. No doubt that is why Jacob was holding Esau's heel when Esau first emerged from the birth canal. He was trying to pull him back in so HE could be first out. Pre-natal sibling rivalry!

Here is what I think. When Rebecca felt the unusual movement of the twins inside her and asked God about it the Lord attached a prophecy to that physical event. The event itself would serve to impress upon the memories of everyone the content of the prophecy (which was the most important thing). Had she just regarded it as especially vigorous pre-natal activity the prophecy might never have been remembered. As it was everyone, including Isaac, knew that the order of inheritance was supposed to be reversed.

Shasta

[ttruscott;4941168]It certainly isn't since it does away with two of the Calvinist and other orthodox blasphemies that GOD knew before we were created who would end in hell but created them anyway and that we are born sinners because we inherited Adam's sin, the worst blasphemy of all.

To be accurate the Orthodox Church does not believe in the doctrinal system of TULIP. For instance, they do not believe in "original sin" and, therefore "total depravity"

Eagles Wings

To be accurate the Orthodox Church does not believe in the doctrinal system of TULIP. For instance, they do not believe in "original sin" and, therefore "total depravity"
I've read some of your posts, Shasta. Are you a member of an Orthodox church?

Robert Pate

Banned
So why then do you believe that God will impute previously forgiven sins back to peoples account? What would be the purpose?

All that God does he does legally. If you are found to be a rejecter of the Gospel in the judgment all of the benefits of the Gospel become null and void. Who said that the unbelievers sins are forgiven? They are atoned for because Jesus is Lord and has atoned for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

fishrovmen

Robert,
You spent a considerable amount of time arguing over and over that the "we" and "us" in Ephesians means all of humanity. Are you now second guessing that?

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert,
You spent a considerable amount of time arguing over and over that the "we" and "us" in Ephesians means all of humanity. Are you now second guessing that?

Jesus claims to be the savior of the whole world, John 12:47. Not the savior of Just some.