California lawmakers seek to end 'personal belief' vaccine exemptions

Daedalean's_Sun

Then you now know the lead researcher claimed that measles in those children were from vaccines.

Or taken out of context. I don't trust the reliability of an article with an already demonstrated bias, especially those with making assertions that have already been proven false.

This is what the Institution itself says on the report:

Some observers have said that the presence of the measles virus indicates a strong possibility that the measles vaccine, a possible source of the virus, could have caused the children’s autism.

Now why would they say that if they had shown that the measles were all vaccine strains? Perhaps this was this was overturned with more data? We don't know. We don't have the final report.

http://www.wakehealth.edu/News-Rele...ween_Presence_of_Measles_Virus_and_Autism.htm

If it makes a difference I will concede that the Daily Mail, article quotes him saying that. But again, While we could simply check the report itself, alas it was never published, so it is a moot point anyway.

elohiym

Once vaccination levels dip below 90 or 95 percent, there aren’t enough protected people to keep the disease in check.

elohiym said:
According to the CDC, measles elimination was declared in 2000. How did the U.S. manage to have no measles cases for more than twelve months when vaccination levels for the entire population were not that high?

The CDC.

...measles elimination (i.e., interruption of continuous transmission lasting ≥12 months) was declared in the United States in 2000.

elohiym

How did the U.S. manage to have no measles cases for more than twelve months when vaccination levels for the entire population were not that high?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Who's up for a polio party? How about some good old fashioned typhoid, while we're at it?

Or maybe those who wish to endanger others by refusing these vaccinations could be mandated to live inside their own community.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Or maybe those who wish to endanger others by refusing these vaccinations could be mandated to live inside their own community.

I'd rather this than a public pool get infected by children who have idiots for parents.

MAD Max

BANNED
Banned
Or maybe put in internment camps and exterminated. :dead:

Good thing we have you liberal terrorists looking out for us.

Daedalean's_Sun

High MMR vaccine coverage in the United States (91% among children aged 19–35 months) limits the size of measles outbreaks

Since elimination, the highest numbers of U.S. cases were reported in 2008 (140 cases) and 2011 (220) (Figure 1) (2,3). To update measles data, CDC evaluated cases reported by 16 states during January 1–August 24, 2013. A total of 159 cases of measles were reported during this period. Most cases were in persons who were unvaccinated (131 [82%]) or had unknown vaccination status (15 [9%]).

Daedalean's_Sun

B8tGX6SIcAAAREq.jpg

Where might we find Disneyland on this map?

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Stop believing what someone says just because they are associated with "science".

people associated with science have lots to say about gravity

if i stop believing in what people associated with science have to say about gravity, will i float off into space?

MAD Max

BANNED
Banned
people associated with science have lots to say about gravity

if i stop believing in what people associated with science have to say about gravity, will i float off into space?
Obama thinks 2+2=4, do you believe everything else he tells you?