Born Dead - Spiritual Stillbirth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samie

Yes, I read it and realized your claim was not supported by scripture.

Scripture does not say whether or not Adam repented, if he did it's not recorded.
Your changing the game. The issue is whether God saved Adam or not that same day he fell into sin.

Samie

Men are born spiritually dead (Ps 51:5). You are caught in a snare and are uninterested in getting out (Prov. 22:24, 25). Continue on that way and you're toast (Heb. 10:39). :burnlib:
David said he was conceived in sin NOT born spiritually dead.

If you apply David's statement to all people, then you need to apply God's statement to Jeremiah to all people as well, that God sanctified him before he was born (Jer 1:5). And applying both statements to all, results in all being conceived in sin but sanctified before birth, hence, conceived in sin but born sanctified. And all God sanctified, He made perfect forever (Heb 10:10, 14), all because of Christ.

Instead of born in sin, people are born upright: KJV Eccl 7:29 ... God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions

And to be upright or righteous is to be in Christ.

Jerry Shugart

Christ is our life (Col 3:4), and in Him being part of His Body, we have life eternal. Unless He removes us from His Body by blotting our names from the book of life because we did not overcome evil with good. See Rev 3:5, 21

So you do not believe the Lord Jesus when He said that those to whom He gives eternal life shall never perish?

And I find it hard to believe that the Lord will remove the names of those to whom He has given eternal life from the book of life. After all, He said:

"All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out" (Jn.6:37).​

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Men are born spiritually dead (Ps 51:5).] David said he was conceived in sin NOT born spiritually dead.

Men are sinners: by birth (Ps 51:5), by nature (Ro 5:12) and by action (Ro 3:12). What's your point? Love God and live (Re 2:11) or don't and die (Re 21:8).

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Your changing the game. The issue is whether God saved Adam or not that same day he fell into sin.

There is no scripture that says he did.

I don't know what you mean by "fell into sin." Adam chose to sin.

Samie

So you do not believe the Lord Jesus when He said that those to whom He gives eternal life shall never perish?

And I find it hard to believe that the Lord will remove the names of those to whom He has given eternal life from the book of life. After all, He said:

"All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out" (Jn.6:37).​
It was Jesus Who said overcomers will He not blot out from the book of life, and these overcomers will sit with Him in His throne as He also overcame and sat down with the Father in His throne (Rev 3:5, 21). All not blotted out will be allowed entry to heaven (Rev 21:27); all blotted out will have their portion in the lake of fire (Rev 20:15).

You seem to be teaching that even if people don't overcome evil with good they still will end up in heaven. You are giving them a false sense of security.

Samie

There is no scripture that says he did.

I don't know what you mean by "fell into sin." Adam chose to sin.
There are scriptures that say so; you don't just understand them because spiritual things are spiritually discerned. Scriptures say that God is the savior of all men. Therefore, He must have saved all men, including Adam, a man.

Samie

Men are sinners: by birth (Ps 51:5), by nature (Ro 5:12) and by action (Ro 3:12). What's your point? Love God and live (Re 2:11) or don't and die (Re 21:8).
No bible verse says people are sinners by birth. The bible says all sinned, not born sinners. Sinning is done AFTER one is born, NOT before nor during birth.

Jerry Shugart

It was Jesus Who said overcomers will He not blot out from the book of life, and these overcomers will sit with Him in His throne as He also overcame and sat down with the Father in His throne (Rev 3:5, 21). All not blotted out will be allowed entry to heaven (Rev 21:27); all blotted out will have their portion in the lake of fire (Rev 20:15).

You seem to be teaching that even if people don't overcome evil with good they still will end up in heaven. You are giving them a false sense of security.

The overcomers are the ones who overcome the world by their faith:

"For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith"
(1 Jn.5:4).​

Those with "faith" are the ones who are referred to as the overcomers.

Samie

I believe whatever the Lord says.

You pointed out His statement that whomsoever He gives eternal life shall never perish, and I believe Him. He also said that whosoever believes in Him SHALL HAVE eternal life. Therefore those who HAVE eternal life - them who actually possess eternal life - of course, shall never perish.

And people will HAVE eternal life or actually possess it when they have received it. That is when they NEVER will perish. And Jesus said the receiving of eternal life is in the world to come, NOT now.

Do you believe we will receive eternal life in the world to come, NOT now?

Status
Not open for further replies.