Believing in vain- 1Co 15:2

john w

Hall of Fame
:yawn: You're projecting again (Eph 4:14). :noway:

As a reminder john w is number 58 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in "The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians) category. :burnlib:

Related:

Lordship

Your daddy devil is the accuser of the brethren,Oprah. We smell your sulfur, child of the devil.

Of course, all Catholic drones, like yourself, think that non Catholics, members of the boc, are heretics.

Get saved, wicked Catholic.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[1 Sa 16:7] See your favorite #, Damian: 666...

:yawn:

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails (1 Co 13:1–8).

john w

Hall of Fame
:yawn:

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails (1 Co 13:1–8).
2 Thes. 1 KJV

7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,

8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Burn, Catholic Scarecrow, burn.....Sulfur.....Sssssssssssssssssssss...

Genesis-Revelation.

So there-I went over the top.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
1Co 15:13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:

1Co 15:17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

Does anybody want to define what the word 'resurrection' means?

Seems rather pertinent, to me.

turbosixx

Nothing 'snotty' about it.

Simply descriptive of the understanding that many have that Paul means in these verses that it is up to the believer to hold on to salvation by their own efforts, a 'do it yourself' salvation.

I don't believe that he's saying that.

But, as I said in the OP, there will be differing opinions. Yours is one of them and a very common belief.

My apologies. I'm surprised to hear you say my view is common. I figure the majority is "faith alone".

turbosixx

Forgiveness and justification: is it a DO thing, or a DONE thing?

Great question.

When I read about people who are sent to eternal life or punishment, it looks to me like it always comes down to what they do and not what they believe. For example:

2 Thes. 1:8 in flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction,

Matt. 25:31 "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.' 37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?' 40 And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.'

41 "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.' 44 Then they also will answer, saying, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?' 45 Then he will answer them, saying, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.' 46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

Eph. 5:5 For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or who is covetous (that is, an idolater), has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. 6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.

1 Cor. 6:9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

If you know of an example of people not making it based on what they believe and not what they do, I would be glad to check it out.

musterion

My apologies. I'm surprised to hear you say my view is common. I figure the majority is "faith alone".

No, the majority is not truly faith alone, not even within Protestantism. They believe that they are but they're not. One has either a DO faith, or a DONE faith.

john w

Hall of Fame
1Co 15:13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:

1Co 15:17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

Does anybody want to define what the word 'resurrection' means?

Seems rather pertinent, to me.
Daniel 12 KJV

13 But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

To stand up.....Daniel will be resurrected, in the future, to inherit the land-his lot

turbosixx

No, the majority is not truly faith alone, not even within Protestantism. They believe that they are but they're not. One has either a DO faith, or a DONE faith.

What about without Catholics? I don't believe they are true Christians because they are serving the church and not Christ.

musterion

If you know of an example of people not making it based on what they believe and not what they do I would be glad to check it out.

You need check no further than those who refuse to receive a love of the Truth whereby they might have been saved, thereby bringing down God's vengeful flaming fire upon themselves. Paul could have stated it any clearer.

Do you believe forgiveness and justification is a matter of DO (earned or kept by a life of effort) or a matter of DONE (resting in His perfect, finished work for us)? There's no crossover there and no third option. Which one are you believing?