Being Rich Is A Sin

iouae

It was the house, not saying it was His house.

Your interpretation is convenient for your advantage.

Jesus lived in Capernahum with his brothers, sisters and Mary, His mother.

Essentially the passage is saying that Jesus was back home.

Here, Jesus was back home and the crowd had filled Jesus own house such that Mary and Christs brothers and sisters could not get into their very own home. That is why they stood without and called for Christ. They are standing outside their very own home and cannot get into their very own house, for the crowd.

Mat 12:46

While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him.
Mat 12:47
Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.
Mat 12:48

But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
Mat 12:49
And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!

And whether one has a house or riches is of ZERO consequence. It is the love of possessions which is the problem. One could be Bill Gates, or Warren Buffet and still be a Christian in good standing.

iouae

It was the house, not saying it was His house.

Your interpretation is convenient for your advantage.

Peter had a house

Mat 8:14
And when Jesus was come into Peter's house, he saw his wife's mother laid, and sick of a fever.

iouae

I know he did.

we are talking about Jesus.

I already dealt with Jesus' house. Jesus was in "THE house" in His home town. "The" is definite article for a specific house. What is your theory of which specific house it was? Its not any old house, otherwise the indefinite article "a" would have been used.

Now I ask you to deal with Peter's house.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I already dealt with Jesus' house. Jesus was in "THE house" in His home town. "The" is definite article for a specific house. What is your theory of which specific house it was? Its not any old house, otherwise the indefinite article "a" would have been used.

Now I ask you to deal with Peter's house.

It is clear that Jesus is opposed to rich people in over all. You cannot stay wealthy if you love Jesus.

iouae

It is clear that Jesus is opposed to rich people in over all. You cannot stay wealthy if you love Jesus.

There are plenty of scriptures to the effect that wealth can be a problem.
Mat 19:24
And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Rev 3:17
Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

etc.

Wealth CAN be a problem.

But it is more the attitude to wealth that is a problem

Mar 4:19
And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.

1Ti 6:10
For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

It is not a given that being rich, per se, is a sin. Nor can one say "You cannot stay wealthy if you love Jesus." Nothing is that simple. Many very rich folks like Abraham, David, Job will be in the kingdom. They were not preoccupied with wealth. They loved the Lord much more than wealth. It is possible today for Christians in the Western world, who tend to be very wealthy, to have a healthy attitude towards wealth, and to be able to be Christians and rich.

There is coming a time when Christians may have to choose between wealth or serving God, when the mark of the Beast is enforced. The Antichrist will try to enforce obedience to false religion by cutting off the Christian's access to banking if they refuse to submit to him. That does not pertain now.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
There are plenty of scriptures to the effect that wealth can be a problem.
Mat 19:24
And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Rev 3:17
Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

etc.

Wealth CAN be a problem.

But it is more the attitude to wealth that is a problem

Mar 4:19
And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.

1Ti 6:10
For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

It is not a given that being rich, per se, is a sin. Nor can one say "You cannot stay wealthy if you love Jesus." Nothing is that simple. Many very rich folks like Abraham, David, Job will be in the kingdom. They were not preoccupied with wealth. They loved the Lord much more than wealth. It is possible today for Christians in the Western world, who tend to be very wealthy, to have a healthy attitude towards wealth, and to be able to be Christians and rich.

There is coming a time when Christians may have to choose between wealth or serving God, when the mark of the Beast is enforced. The Antichrist will try to enforce obedience to false religion by cutting off the Christian's access to banking if they refuse to submit to him. That does not pertain now.

Why are you so defensive of wealthy?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Can one own a house and be saved?

Peter, Lazarus, Levi, Simon the taner, even Jesus owned houses.

Today if one owns a house, that house is worth a million. So as home owners and therefore millionaires, can one be saved?

I said
I hope everyone had a great thanksgiven. I did.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You all can twist and manipulate and use all the guile you can conjure up and it doesn't mean nothing. If you want to prove me wrong your going to have to do it with scripture. Just go to the OP and show me which of them verses is wrong or not true. You got deceived outside scripture, not your arguing with me outside of scripture. When A True Christian isn't even allowed to think outside of scripture.

[1Co 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
[Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You all can twist and manipulate and use all the guile you can conjure up and it doesn't mean nothing. If you want to prove me wrong your going to have to do it with scripture. Just go to the OP and show me which of them verses is wrong or not true. You got deceived outside scripture, not your arguing with me outside of scripture. When A True Christian isn't even allowed to think outside of scripture.

[1Co 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
[Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

Squeaky, since Meshak doesn't have the guts to answer, does everything belong to God?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I said
lol Is this one of them trick questions. We know that everything belongs to God.
I hope this question doesn't have any guile in it.
No, not a trick question, and I'm glad you answered with a straightforward answer, thank you for that. Not many people whom I have discussions with on here can answer simple questions like that with answers like yours.

Ok, so, we both agree that everything belongs to God.

Here's my next question, with follow-up:

Since everything belongs to God, doesn't that make Him rich? And if so, would it not be hypocritical of God to demand that we give away our wealth, while he remain rich?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Hey JR,

You are on ignore.

So I don't reply to any of your posts including questions.

You are too ignorant of Jesus' word or teachings.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Hey JR,

You are on ignore.

So I don't reply to any of your posts including questions.

You are too ignorant of Jesus' word or teachings.

You have me on ignore because responding to my challenges of your beliefs would force you to push yourself to an understanding of the Bible that's deeper than what you believe, and that makes you uncomfortable for some reason.

You should get off this site, for good even. I've never seen you add anything beneficial to any thread, at least, nothing but your opinions. Worse is that you reject significant portions of the Bible because they don't fall in line with the Doctrine of Meshak.

Meshak, if your beliefs are correct, then you should be able to defend them, as Peter says:

And who is he who will harm you if you become followers of what is good?But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you are blessed. “And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled.”But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed.For it is better, if it is the will of God, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil. - 1 Peter 3:13-17 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Peter3:13-17&version=NKJV

Expected response from Meshak:

1. Silence
2. "Good day"

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
No, not a trick question, and I'm glad you answered with a straightforward answer, thank you for that. Not many people whom I have discussions with on here can answer simple questions like that with answers like yours.

Since everything belongs to God, doesn't that make Him rich? And if so, would it not be hypocritical of God to demand that we give away our wealth, while he remain rich?

I said
lolol That is one stupid question. For one its stupid to put your self on the same level with God. That is logic straight from the devil. Our only hope of eternal life in heaven is to prove we can obey Every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.

[Mat 4:4
4 But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.' "

marhig

That's nonsense, the wealth of this world is nothing to do with God, true wealth in God is being blessed with the Holy Spirit.

God gives us what we need. Man's greed gives us what we want, and satan tempts is in our weaknesses.

Getting by is one thing, but excessive wealth and building up in the world isn't of God. This world and ways of it, belongs to the Prince of it, Jesus said this world had nothing in him. And that he is not of this world, and he said that those who belonged to him were not of this world either.

So if he and those who belong to him are not of this world, and if satan is the Prince of this world, then this world is not what those who belong to God get overly involved in, and I mean the ways of it and the building up in it. Our hearts should be in God and Christ and living by the will of God and wanting to please him, not our flesh and being over indulgent in the world