• Jerry Shugart

Votes: 19 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Yxboom

Are you just not getting it?

I was referring to Rapt and Sola. If Sola was swiping at a buzzing fly (who will go unnamed) that is irrelevant because I was intervening between Rapt and Sola.

So don't make me get up.

rapt

Yxboom:

I already voted.

I just put back the vote you said Dee Dee lost from Knight unawaringly deducting it. If this isn't the case than I will take the vote back. You're honesty is on the line!

Arrrrrggggghh! (holding my breath, counting to 30., reciting "I will not go crazy, I will not go crazy"...)

mrsnacks

I do apologize for getting off track. I lost sight of what this thread was supposed to be about . You can easily do that when you jump as I have from one thread to another. I happened to have read Sola Scriptora's comments and responded , not realizing by reading Sola's posts , He had put on his red herring costume and by God it's not halloween yet. So I cannot let his comments about me go without response. Sola : You have not answered my arguments. Peter didn't refute me. The bottom line is that your dispensational crackers don't sit well in my bowl of soup and that upsets you . That would not have been the case a year ago. For your unhousebroken behavior, I hereby sentence you to solitary confinement inside your own skin . BACK TO THE DEBATE : I should be allowed to vote twice because I'm besides myself-doesn't that count as two. But seriously --come on guys and girls read the debate with a clean clear pair of glasses. The non-tinted ones and you will clearly see Dee Dee won the debate. The other side of the coin is that Dee Dee is a woman and that means she's wired differently than us men and that is made obvious by reading the debate. She deserves an extra point just for that. Give the girl a break. When Dee Dee speaks , even the trees get excited !!!!!!

rapt

mrsnacks:

I should be allowed to vote twice because I'm besides myself-doesn't that count as two.
ROFL! Yes, you deserve to able to vote again. Will you vote like the one beside you did?

Y

Yxboom

Re: hindsight is 20/20

Re: hindsight is 20/20

Originally posted by Revelation717
The score is 20 love. I didn't know Jerry's family was so big.

I didn't know Dee Dee's trailor park had so many computers.

<raises white flag>

*Look there's Sola again*

C

cirisme

I think that Dee Dee has made a great case that the temple was destroyed as predicted.

Of course, I already believed that.

She really hasn't seemed to connect the dots yet, okay we get that the temple is destroyed. How is that supposed to be the worst event to EVER occur in the history of the world?(Matt 24:21)

IF she can do that, and prove that all the propecies related to the Great Tribulation HAVE ALREADY occurred, I'll vote for her. :)

mrsnacks

Cirisme :If you read Josephus' accounts of the events in 70 Ad , I think you would come to the conclusion that it probably was the worst event ever to occur in the history of the world. The destroying of the temple wasn't the worst event in history, it was the judgement from God upon the Jews in that generation who rejected and murdered our Lord and Savior. Do you think God would let that pass to those who did this and do nothing ?? Maybe the language used there is a figure of speech (exageration). We use that kind of language today when we say " I had the greatest time ever ," " You are the most beautiful woman in the world." I think for the population of people living in Jerusalem at the time and the body count along with Josephus' account of what was going on , it was a horrible horrible event for the Jews. Read about it.

rapt

...okay we get that the temple is destroyed. How is that supposed to be the worst event to EVER occur in the history of the world?

Where did Jesus ever say it would be to begin with?

Matthew 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand: )

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

(If this was to be a WORLDWIDE tribulation, then WHERE ON EARTH WERE THE DISCIPLES TO FLEE TO?)

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

We don't find Jesus calling this event "the worst event to EVER occur in the history of the world", but rather one that would not be comparable with any other tribulation that the world had or would see. Worse things may indeed happen, but they had not nor would not be comparable to this event. When before 70AD had the Jew's been so utterly rejected by God that He divorced them as a people and remarried another (Rom 7:1-4)? When had they been so cut off for so long? Before, when Assyria and Babylon destroyed Jerusalem and took the Jews captives, they were later restored, and it didn't take 2000 years before they were. They're not restored yet today, though some IMAGINE that God has done so. Jesus said they wouldn't be restored to fellowship with God until they said "Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord (JESUS CHRIST)". There had never BEEN nor will there EVER BE a future tribulation that will result in such a cutting off. The sun's BEEN down on them for longer than it had EVER been before, and remains so upon all of them who abide still in unbelief in Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
C

cirisme

mrsnacks,

If you read Josephus' accounts of the events in 70 Ad , I think you would come to the conclusion that it probably was the worst event ever to occur in the history of the world.

Which would be fine and dandy if Josephus was God! :rolleyes:

The destroying of the temple wasn't the worst event in history, it was the judgement from God upon the Jews in that generation who rejected and murdered our Lord and Savior. Do you think God would let that pass to those who did this and do nothing ??

No, I have always believed that the temple was destroyed because of God's jugdment.

Maybe the language used there is a figure of speech (exageration). We use that kind of language today when we say " I had the greatest time ever ," " You are the most beautiful woman in the world."

And maybe that thing about no man comes to the Father but by Me was another exageration, and you can be with Mohammed and Buddha etc all you want! :rolleyes:

I think for the population of people living in Jerusalem at the time and the body count along with Josephus' account of what was going on , it was a horrible horrible event for the Jews.

No arguements here, but it still doesn't qualify as the worst event in the world. :rolleyes:

Read about it.

I have :rolleyes:

rapt,

We don't find Jesus calling this event "the worst event to EVER occur in the history of the world",

Okay, that wasn't the exact wording, but this is...

For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

That sounds a lot like the worst event to ever occur.

but rather one that would not be comparable with any other tribulation that the world had or would see.

I am pretty sure that if it were the worst event in history, it wouldn't be comparable to other events. :rolleyes:

When before 70AD had the Jew's been so utterly rejected by God that He divorced them as a people and remarried another (Rom 7:1-4)? When had they been so cut off for so long? Before, when Assyria and Babylon destroyed Jerusalem and took the Jews captives, they were later restored, and it didn't take 2000 years before they were. They're not restored yet today, though some IMAGINE that God has done so. Jesus said they wouldn't be restored to fellowship with God until they said "Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord (JESUS CHRIST)". There had never BEEN nor will there EVER BE a future tribulation that will result in such a cutting off. The sun's BEEN down on them for longer than it had EVER been before, and remains so upon all of them who abide still in unbelief in Jesus Christ.

And the point would be...? :confused:

mrsnacks

Rapt : Well said. Why is it today that most christians (especially christian leaders ) are soft on the unbelieving Jews along with the nation of Israel . I 've been accused several times of being anti-semitic because I've been critical of some of Israel's policies and not giving the Jews a special place . In Christ , there are no distinctions. The only distinction that exists are believer and unbeliever. Those that reject the Son rejects the Father. I don't know if you agree or disagree, but I was curious how you saw it based of course on scripture. Do you see Israel as a nation existing today because of the support of the West , or do you see it as God deciding to bless an unbelieving people ? It may not be an either/or . God raises up every nation for different reasons. When I was a futurist , I along with my futurist friends would get excted when we would hear news of the rebuilding of the temple . Now of course , it's not exciting any more. An abomination to our Lord and what He has done on the cross. Haven't they learned anything from the events of 70 AD?? Or maybe they have forgotten.

mrsnacks

Cirisme : So you don't buy Josephus because he would have to be God for you to believe his account ?? Is that what you are saying??? If that's the case than should we all not take you seriously , because you are not God either. And no " no man comes to the Father is not an exaggeration. Come on. We don't need to go there. You know better than that. Then what qualifies as the worst event in the world ?? And why do you think it wasn't 70 Ad? It seems to me it matches up with the predictions that Jesus talked about in Matthew and John in Revelation. Things that would come about "shortly ." What do you think ?

rapt

Cirisme:
And the point would be...?
The point is that the great tribulation is HISTORY, not future.
:doh:

mrsnacks,

No, some haven't learned anything at all from 70AD. That's because of the Calvinistic/OSAS mindset that blinds them to the fact that individuals and entire nations DO get cut off because of unbelief even AFTER having once known and been blessed by God.

The ONLY way the Jews will ever be in fellowship with God again is when they as individuals seek and find Jesus CHrist as the Lord and Saviour, their Messiah.

If what we see today is the restoration of the Jews, and the fulfillment of prophecy, then they are now in fellowship with God even though they dont accept Jesus Christ. If we are familiar with those prophecies, we should know better than that. :nono: It stands to reason that Paul's definition of who "Israel" IS reveals that it is not natural Israel who was to receive the promises, or to fulfill the prophecies.

If you read the history of Blackstone and the Zionist movement, and how the nation of Israel came to be today, it becomes apparant that it is merely a man-made nation, and not the fulfillment of prophecy about the restoration of Israel. The Jews are an IDOL to the West and the disps around the world. They exalt them higher than Christ and His church, and show respect of persons that God hates. God doesn't show the Jews any, and neither should we.

Natural, unbelieving Jerusalem is HAGAR and Ishmael, not Sarah and Isaac. They shall NOT have any inheritance with the son of the freewoman. Paul said so in Galatians 4.

Unless the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build.

Revelation717

What could compare to the loss of Jesus?

What could compare to the loss of Jesus?

Cirisme,

You said, "I am pretty sure that if it were the worst event in history, it wouldn't be comparable to other events. "

What other event is comparable to 70 AD?

What event could ever campare to losing Gid even IF they GAIN the WORLD, RICHES, TEMPLES, ETC...?

We have the destruction of Jerusalem and the Jews carried away captive during Nebachadnezzer's rule but that was for 70 years and the destruction was not as intense.

We have the Holocost, but the Jews didn't have Jerusalem nor the temple, so sad as it may be and terrible as it may have been it was loss of lives, surely, but LOSS of way of living religiously and economically as a NATION and people it was NOT.

So we see these two tragic events that occured with the Jewish people cannot compare to the MOST tragic event to happen to the Jewish people since the beginning of the world.

- The were slaughtered and massacred en masse.
- Starved to death and forced to eat even their own children for survival.
- Their love for each other waxed cold and every person was against even his own family.
- They lost all their economic resources, their land laid waste, gold and valuables plundered.
- They lost the heart of their worship, the Temple when it was destroyed BRICK by BRICK. The beloved Temple was destroyed and remains so even almost 2000 years later.
- BUt most of all look at it from a Biblical perspective, God does not acknowledge them as His people nor does He hear their prayers but it has become abomination to Him, their worship is in vain and WILL REMAIN so UNTIL they say "Blessed is He that caometh in the name of the Lord" Until they say Blessed Jesus, which THEY (MOST) WILL NOT DO. They are damned to hell unless they receive Jesus, DAMNED FOR ETERNITY, guilty and dead in sins.

Jesus told them this very thing, Joh:8:24: I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins

So at this point in time, 70 AD, the Jewish people LOST everything!

Even though today they have gained back the land, not ALL but some, the land is STILL in turmoil, the TEMPLE is still destroyed and GOD STILL hides His face from their ABOMINABLE prayers made daily at the Wailing Wall, because Jesus said, "For if ye BELIEVE NOT that I am He, ye shall DIE in your SINS" and " For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord".

AND if they cannot see Jesus, the Bible says the also cannot see the Father! If they deny Jesus, they deny the Father and Jesus sahll DENY THEM!

Why is this applicable to every other cult member, Buhddists, Morman, Islam, Occultist, Satanist BUT NEVER THE JEW who is more antichrist THAN ALL others put together!

What future event could possibly compare to this??? What would make it so???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.