Banned For "Intentional Blasphemy ?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Because he repeats this inanely, even though similar as below has been given to him numerous times. He is like the Pharisees who shoved their fingers in their ears and screamed at the top of their lungs when they stoned Stephen in Acts.

But just to prove the point, watch, he'll come to the next thread, even after this, and say
"no scripture says that" again :dizzy:

Leviticus 20:13, Romans 1 and 1 Corinthians 6

Choose ye this day whom you will serve, but if not, as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
2 Corinthians 6:16-18

You are in the world and 'of' the world. You are 'supposed' to be in it BUT NOT 'of it.'

Scholar Mark Jordan has shown us that the term "sodomy" originated in the eleventh century as a new classification of certain "clerical sins."

While early church fathers such as St. Ambrose and Origen clearly associate sodomy with inhospitality, by the time of St. Augustine, cultural associations around the word, communicated through secular poetry and legend shifted both its denotative and connotative meanings.

And believers still do not yet know the word "homosexuality" first became known around the 1940s.

When that word is mentioned in the Bible, it has nothing to do with gay sex. It connotes temple rites or male phallic aggression as in the story of Sodom.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
No, Genesis tells you that human life began when God breathed life into Adam.

Aikido7, you are intelligent enough to know this is an incredibly weak defense of abortion. Do believe the unborn aren't oxygenated at any point? Do you support abortion at nine months?

There's no excuse for this, aikido7.
I do not support abortion. And you know as well as I do that a legitimate standard as to knowing when "life" actually begins has not yet been determined.

I also know that for centuries, women have been beaten back into a corner whenever they had abortions. This problem will only go away when countries start building a structural safety net to support all women who get pregnant.

Your hysterical fixation on the unborn fetus prevents you from seeing and supporting life outside the womb. As much as you rage against women who give birth, the more the child is totally ignored.

It's not right and I will always stand up against it.

Huckleberry

I do not support abortion. And you know as well as I do that a legitimate standard as to knowing when "life" actually begins has not yet been determined.
Biology says life begins at conception.

That pesky biology. :nono:
I also know that for centuries, women have been beaten back into a corner whenever they had abortions.
This problem will only go away when countries start building a structural safety net to support all women who get pregnant.
Because it's murder, of the most innocent and defenseless of all human beings.
Your hysterical fixation on the unborn fetus prevents you from seeing and supporting life outside the womb.
No it doesn't. What are you babbling about? :idunno:
As much as you rage against women who give birth,...
Where have I done that? Other than your fevered imagination, I mean.

(That's bigoted prejudice) :listen:
...the more the child is totally ignored.
Still nope.

It's not right and I will always stand up against it.
I'm sure that straw man doesn't stand a chance. :box:

Lon

Scholar Mark Jordan has shown us that the term "sodomy" originated in the eleventh century as a new classification of certain "clerical sins."

While early church fathers such as St. Ambrose and Origen clearly associate sodomy with inhospitality, by the time of St. Augustine, cultural associations around the word, communicated through secular poetry and legend shifted both its denotative and connotative meanings.

And believers still do not yet know the word "homosexuality" first became known around the 1940s.

When that word is mentioned in the Bible, it has nothing to do with gay sex. It connotes temple rites or male phallic aggression as in the story of Sodom.

:nono:
Leviticus 20:13, Romans 1:18-32 and 1 Corinthians 6:13-20
Joshua 24:15
2 Corinthians 6:16-18
READ the verses. I am not interested in man's opinions but God's, even if they are 'old-historical' opinions (not to say that I'm not interested in orthodoxy or history). Let's discuss these verses.

Lon

... the more the child is totally ignored.
:nono: "I" volunteer to help these kids AND give my $$$ for that purpose. It is wicked to make your 'impression' a truth as such is the definition of gossip and lies. Christians out-give all others and fundamental Christians out-give Liberal ones. Fact, not opinion or gossip. Liberals 'make stuff up' and then, sadly 'believe it.' :( Lies are lies are lies are lies.

(oddly, this thread became an extension of the other abortion thread, rather than continuing regarding bans.... :think: )

kiwimacahau

:nono:

READ the verses. I am not interested in man's opinions but God's, even if they are 'old-historical' opinions (not to say that I'm not interested in orthodoxy or history). Let's discuss these verses.

Which you are happily misinterpreting or seeing through a 20th / 21st CE cultural view.

Dialogos

Absolutely wrong. I'm sorry aikido but you could not be more wrong on this.

Lets start with the Greek work αρσενοκοιτες. It occurs in two NT texts. 1 Cor 6:9-11:

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality (αρσενοκοιτες), nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. (1 Corinthians 6:9-11 ESV)​

...and 1 Tim 1:8-11:

Now we know that the law is good, if one uses it lawfully, understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who strike their fathers and mothers, for murderers, the sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality (αρσενοκοιτες), enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine, in accordance with the gospel of the glory of the blessed God with which I have been entrusted. (1 Timothy 1:8-11 ESV)​

In both of these passages αρσενοκοιτες is correctly translated men who practice homosexuality.

Do you want to know how extremely obvious it is that this is a correct translation?

Because αρσην means male and κοιτη means to have sex with.

Paul is very clearly pointing to the Septuagint translation of Leviticus 20:13:

Which says:

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them. (Leviticus 20:13 ESV)​

Here is that verse in Septuagint Greek:

καὶ ὃς ἂν κοιμηθῇ μετὰ ἄρσενος κοίτην γυναικός βδέλυγμα ἐποίησαν ἀμφότεροι θανατούσθωσαν ἔνοχοί εἰσιν (Lev 20:13 BGT)​

The Greek words that the Septuagint translates used for the hebrew Shakab et zakar (lie with a male) are the two Greek words (αρσεν and κοιτη) that Paul conjoins to form αρσενοκοιτες.

No one, not even the most liberal of so called scholars have tried to argue that Lev 20:13 is about refusing to show hospitality. That would be, frankly, moronic. And so the very clear connection between Paul's usage of αρσενοκοιτες and Lev 20:13 is simply obfuscated.

Its very clear to connect all the dots when you don't intentionally suppress the facts because you have a social agenda.

It would appear you have been the victim of some pretty bad misinformation.

relaff

I must admit that pro-choice people really puzzle me. Most of them stick to science, when it comes to global warming, evolution etc. But when it comes to abortion, they ignore science.

The basic scientific definition of life is old and very simple: something that metabolizes and replicates. Even the fertilized egg cell fulfills this definition just as any simple bacteria does (no comparison intended), while viruses don't do that, because they required a cell for replication.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
I must admit that pro-choice people really puzzle me. Most of them stick to science, when it comes to global warming, evolution etc. But when it comes to abortion, they ignore science.

The basic scientific definition of life is old and very simple: something that metabolizes and replicates. Even the fertilized egg cell fulfills this definition just as any simple bacteria does (no comparison intended), while viruses don't do that, because they required a cell for replication.
21 million chickens are slaughtered each and every day in this country as part of our food chain. We send drones to murder people in Islamic countries. The death penalty is used by some states. These are all choices. Which do you support?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I was banned for a few days for "Intentional blasphemy " . What the heck is that ? I meant no blasphemy . I was just disagreeing with the Christians here . Is this a crime ? I wasn't disrespectful to anyone , didn't call anyone names .
Recently, someone on this forum called me a nasty word for a gay person, even though I'm not even gay . As far as I can tell, this person was not banned for such blatant disrespect .
Of course, I'm not even offended or upset about being called this, just angered by the double standard .
I've been called a lot of nasty and stupid things on the internet by right-wingers, but I just shrug it off .

Homophobe. Keep your gay hate to yourself buddy

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
21 million chickens are slaughtered each and every day in this country as part of our food chain. We send drones to murder people in Islamic countries. The death penalty is used by some states. These are all choices. Which do you support?

All the above

relaff

I don't subscribe to the tactics you're using. My argument was simply about when life begins biologically. Not more, not less. I leave the interpretation of the facts I stated up to you, but obviously I hit a nerve.