Baking Cakes for Homosexual Couples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
So God took form as an idol, and yet commanded against idolatry.

How logical.

This is why you are called a fool.
No, you are the fool as I never even implied that God took the form of anything. The Levites were not bowing to the Ark; they were bowing in front of it so as to bow to God who dwelt within, literally. What they did was no different than what those who have passed on in Him do when they bow in front of His throne.

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
No, you are the fool as I never even implied that God took the form of anything. The Levites were not bowing to the Ark; they were bowing in front of it so as to bow to God who dwelt within, literally. What they did was no different than what those who have passed on in Him do when they bow in front of His throne.

So God is an idol, who commanded against idolatry.

This is where you simply just fail, and for the last time because I've already proved you wrong all through this thread and am not going to waste a lot of time arguing with someone who is impossibly hellbent on trying to condemn the Church.

It's only idolatry if one believes that an object has a deity in it. That is the idolatry that the Bible speaks of, and the only idolatry at that.
Your 'type II' is just a cheap, false way of trying to condemn one of such.

You are a special kind of retarded to think that God, the Grandmaster Logos of the universe, is going to send people to Hell for making statues of Jesus and Saints praising him.

The fact that you think that way is a clear indication that you will be the one going to Hell. Keep thinking the way you think, and re-access yourself, you pompous idiot.

musterion

So God took form as an idol, and yet commanded against idolatry.

Now you are a blasphemer to even suggest that, in addition to being an idolator, necromancer and fool.

Exodus 25:22, "And there [meaning at the ark, not through the ark or via the ark] I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel."

You are filthy and vile in heart, mind and tounge.

genuineoriginal

7200829.jpg

Say hello to Ishtar, the pagan idol which Jezebel was thrown out of a window for being a prophet of by the Jews.
Here is the Roman goddess Eirene and the Roman goddess Virgin Mary
3ab45e02f91422caf1a81d11c5643c9e.jpg

F69671b.jpg

jerichoarkadored.jpg

Praising at the Ark of the Covenant. Not thrown out of window.
God commanded the creation of the Ark of the Covenant, He prohibited the creation of your idols, so your comparison just shows how ignorant you are.

musterion

It's only idolatry if one believes that an object has a deity IN it. That is the idolatry that the Bible speaks of, and the ONLY idolatry at that.

Wrong.

Ex 20:3-4 "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image [Type I] OR any likeness THAT IS IN HEAVEN ABOVE, or that in the earth beneath, or that in the water under the earth [Type II]: Thou shalt not BOW DOWN thyself to THEM [either type] nor serve THEM..."
Reminder:

"Graven image"= the idol is the spirit/being/deity that is worshiped = Type I idol.

"Likeness of ______" = the idol represents but does not itself contain the spirit/being/deity that is worshiped = Type II idol.
God condemns BOTH the "graven images" you falsely claim are the only idols AND the "likenesses" of ANYTHING "in Heaven above." This includes the manufacture and use of your statues of Christ, Mary and saints. You are thoroughly condemned by this.

You now know the Word of God recognizes and condemns both Type I and II, which condemns you. If you disagree, your argument isn't with me, it's with God. Repent.

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
Now you are a blasphemer to even suggest that, in addition to being an idolator, necromancer and fool.

You are filthy and vile in heart, mind and tounge.

I said it in relevance to your logic, not mine. There you go beating straw men, just like the false witness you are.

You're the one that's vile, are you kidding me? Condemning all Catholics to Hell out of your stupid, twisted hatred of Catholicism, trying to come up with anything you can to condemn Catholic practices..

..no, not just Catholicism, the 80% of Christians all over the world. Small-minded bands of spooks are what breed the likes of you, I don't even have to justify my perception of your lot.

Some ~necromancer~ summoned you is what happened :chuckle:
Now shoo_

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
Here is the Roman goddess Eirene and the Roman goddess Virgin Mary

Yes, Rome replaced it's paganism with Christianity, and one of them happened to be a woman and child.
I bet if you ever had deja vu, you're head would explode.

Good job revealing absolutely nothing except your painful desperation to hate on the Church :thumb:

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
What is retarded is bowing down to statues and claiming that it is not idolatry.

Because it's not.

I'm sorry that you are so dull of a person, or that people like you even exist honestly, to think that the Church commits pagan idolatry for praying in front of a crucifix in a parish, or a statue of Mary on a table.
It's orthodox Christianity, get over yourself and your new age revisionist contempt.

You all are a special kind of insufferable idiots. How you all even go around explicitly condemning people to Hell for anything without fear of your own salvation is beyond me. You're going to be in for a big surprise when you're standing in front of God.

Last edited:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Suppose a homosexual couple goes to a bakery and orders a cake for their wedding. If the baker bakes them a cake knowing that the cake is for the wedding of a homosexual couple, does this mean that the baker is giving approval to their marriage? Does this mean that the baker is celebrating the marriage with the homosexual couple?

The only way for Christians to beat this is ...by going to prison in droves by refusing to bake cakes, sell books provide services against their conscience and refusing to pay any fines or penalties.

It's tough but it will work...they do get fed up of sending folk to jail.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
It's orthodox Christianity
This of course doesn't set well with those whose pride requires that they be unorthodox. They take Jesus' clear word on the narrow gate---which is him---to mean that his true Church will always be tiny.

Unbelievable, immovable pride.

Cf. CCCC398

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
So God is an idol, who commanded against idolatry.
You're an idiot.

This is where you simply just fail, and for the last time because I've already proved you wrong all through this thread and am not going to waste a lot of time arguing with someone who is impossibly hellbent on trying to condemn the Church.
You've claimed we were wrong, but you haven't proved squat.

It's only idolatry if one believes that an object has a deity in it. That is the idolatry that the Bible speaks of, and the only idolatry at that.
No, it's idolatry if one believes the object is the deity or worships the object because, to them, it represents the deity.

When a Hindu bows to a statue of Vishnu even though they don't believe the statue itself is Vishnu it is idolatry, because the statue represents Vishnu.

You are a special kind of retarded to think that God, the Grandmaster Logos of the universe, is going to send people to Hell for making statues of Jesus and Saints praising him.
I don't think the making of statues to honor men or God is idolatry. Bowing to those statues in worship, as if they are the actual subject is idolatry.

The fact that you think that way is a clear indication that you will be the one going to Hell. Keep thinking the way you think, and re-access yourself, you pompous idiot.
I don't think that way, dipstick. I call you a dipstick because you jumped to a conclusion based on a faulty assumption because you're too much of a pinhead to reason out the facts of the matter.

Also because the word you're looking for here is 'reassess," not "re-access."

Access

Then there's the post you made in response to someone else wherein you said "in relevance," when you meant "in reference." You really are an ignorant twit.

The church of Rome replaced its Christianity with paganism, then pretended that it was Christianity.

You don't fool anyone but yourselves.
Exactly!

Because it's not.
Translation: :allsmile:

I'm sorry that you are so dull of a person, or that people like you even exist honestly, to think that the Church commits pagan idolatry for praying in front of a crucifix in a parish, or a statue of Mary on a table.
It's orthodox Christianity, get over yourself and your new age revisionist contempt.

You all are a special kind of insufferable idiots. How you all even go around explicitly condemning people to Hell for anything without fear of your own salvation is beyond me. You're going to be in for a big surprise when you're standing in front of God.
Even without the statue praying to anyone other than God is idolatry. The only person you're fooling is yourself.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
This of course doesn't set well with those whose pride requires that they be unorthodox. They take Jesus' clear word on the narrow gate---which is him---to mean that his true Church will always be tiny.

Cf. CCCC398
If it's not Biblical it's not orthodox.

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned

Cf. CCCC398

If it's not Biblical it's not orthodox.

:doh: Well when you're misinterpreting scripture like Nihilo, you're doomed to think the Church isn't biblical.

Also, the Bible is not the only source of information. It did not magically fall out the sky one day.
It is only even a 'book' out of it being a collection of books crammed as one.

You wouldn't be ~idolizing~ paper now, would you :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.