AUTHENTICITY OF TRUST

AUTHENTICITY OF TRUST

• Total voters

glorydaz

What bible are you reading?

The right one.

The Bible says that Pharisees did NOT obey.

Nonsense. They kept the letter of the law perfectly. (Just like you claim to.)

Just as Paul did before he met the Lord on the road to Damascus.

Philippians 3:5-6
Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

Get with the truth.

You'd think you'd get embarrassed making comments like that when you are so consistently proven wrong.

God's Truth

Glorydaz, you are badly mistaken not knowing the scriptures:

Matthew 23:3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.

glorydaz

Do you not understand that if you are going to obey Romans 10:9 then you would have to obey Jesus?

Yeah, get over it, you have to obey.

We obey when we believe....that's the obedience of faith.

Obedience to the Gospel is believing.

We are saved by grace through faith.

You can't jump up there on the cross with Christ to pay for your sins.

You can't claim any of the glory.

According to HIS MERCY He saves us.

marhig

We obey when we believe....that's the obedience of faith.

Obedience to the Gospel is believing.

We are saved by grace through faith.

You can't jump up there on the cross with Christ to pay for your sins.

You can't claim any of the glory.

According to HIS MERCY He saves us.
GD, do you then believe that because we are saved through faith, by grace that you don't have to do anything at all?

For instance, what if you really want to do something, but you know it's wrong before God, do you do it anyway because you only have to believe? Or do you deny yourself and do what's right before God?

Right Divider

Body part
GD, do you then believe that because we are saved through faith, by grace that you don't have to do anything at all?
To receive the free gift, that is correct.

For instance, what if you really want to do something, but you know it's wrong before God, do you do it anyway because you only have to believe? Or do you deny yourself and do what's right before God?
Now you're talking about something ELSE besides the free gift.

glorydaz

Anything at all? You're kidding, right? Believers live their lives just like everyone else....going about their business of living until we go to be with the Lord.

That sounds like something I faced as a teenager, back when I knew what I wanted was wrong, and would do it anyway. Now, I have no desire to do things I know are wrong.

Long ago I learned what Paul meant when he said to "reckon yourselves dead to sin". Once you realize what that means, you won't continue to ask such questions.

marhig

Anything at all? You're kidding, right? Believers live their lives just like everyone else....going about their business of living until we go to be with the Lord.

This believer doesn't! My life has totally changed since I've known God.

I'm dead to my old self and Christ by the Spirit is helping me to overcome my flesh daily. How can we live our lives like everyone else once we born of God? Many people don't even think of God, we must be putting him first before anything else in our day to day lives. And listen to the Spirit in our heart and do what's right before God putting ourselves last.

That sounds like something I faced as a teenager, back when I knew what I wanted was wrong, and would do it anyway. Now, I have no desire to do things I know are wrong.

Long ago I learned what Paul meant when he said to "reckon yourselves dead to sin". Once you realize what that means, you won't continue to ask such questions.

Oh I realise what that means, but we all have the desire still to sin, we are in flesh, we will be always tempted whilst we are here, and sometimes we will fall, but by the power of the Holy Spirit through Christ, we can overcome because those who born of God are under the grace of God.

We are to deny ourselves and turn from sin and Christ will help us to overcome by the power of the Spirit.

Did you read the next few verses after that which you quoted?

Romans 6

Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.*For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

glorydaz

This believer doesn't! My life has totally changed since I've known God.

I'm dead to my old self and Christ by the Spirit is helping me to overcome my flesh daily. How can we live our lives like everyone else once we born of God? Many people don't even think of God, we must be putting him first before anything else in our day to day lives. And listen to the Spirit in our heart and do what's right before God putting ourselves last.

So you're not going about your business living life as I said? What is your business? Is it living like the world? You didn't notice the going about your business part? If you did, you seem to think that means we are living like the unbelievers. Did I say that? No, I said going about our business. We are in the world, but not of the world. You just had to read evil into what I said, because you think you are some special kind of Christian. Shame on you. When you go on and on about what YOU do, you are boasting, and boasting is excluded by the law of faith.

Oh I realise what that means, but we all have the desire still to sin, we are in flesh, we will be always tempted whilst we are here, and sometimes we will fall, but by the power of the Holy Spirit through Christ, we can overcome because those who born of God are under the grace of God.

Nope, you're wrong. You are still in the flesh or you wouldn't say you still have a desire to sin.

We are to deny ourselves and turn from sin and Christ will help us to overcome by the power of the Spirit.

Unlike you, I am confident that God will perform His good work in me. That's what it means to rest in the Lord.

Did you read the next few verses after that which you quoted?

Romans 6

Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.*For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

It's the part in yellow you don't seem to get. "Ye were the servants of sin....

And the next verse that puts the icing on the cake.

Romans 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Ye were servants of sin, but you obeyed (the gospel and were saved).
Ye became servants of righteousness.

That belies your desiring sin....doesn't it?