ECT Attention! Everyone who doesn't like MAD!

Attention! Everyone who doesn't like MAD!

• It denies water baptism.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It denies the place of the Law in the life of the believer.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

heir

TOL Subscriber
Peter did.

Peter told the people that Christ, who they had killed, has been resurrected and raised to Heaven and was made both Lord and Christ.
Peter preached the gospel of the circumcision at Pentecost which included the gospel of God (the Who of Jesus Christ and that God raised Him from the dead as defined here: Romans 1:1-4 KJV).

Neither should be confused with the gospel of Christ (the WHAT of the cross/the WHY Christ died 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV); "that Christ died for our sins" and that He was buried and rose again the third day that was a mysteryhidden in the scriptures/kept secret until Paul (Romans 1:2-6 KJV, Romans 16:25-27 KJV, Galatians 1:11-12 KJV). What Peter preached was spoken (Acts 3:21 KJV).

And since you like to make it "all the same" when it's not, here's another difference to chew on: there is a difference between what Peter preached and what Paul preached about why Christ was raised from the dead. Peter preached (Acts 2:30 KJV) yet Paul preached (Romans 4:25 KJV).

and in response to their question of "what shall we do" Peter told them to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their sins
Yep. Peter told them (all the house of Israel), every one of them to DO something for the remission of sins when they asked, what shall we do?" (Acts 2:37 KJV) which should not to be confused with "what must I do to be saved?" as the Philippian jailer asked Paul. Paul didn't tell him to DO anything, but to believe something to be saved Acts 16:31 KJV).

Things that are different are not the same.

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
Peter did.
Peter told the people that Christ, who they had killed, has been resurrected and raised to Heaven and was made both Lord and Christ.

and in response to their question of "what shall we do" Peter told them to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their sins (as Paul himself had done) and they would receive the Holy spirit (as also did Paul teach the 12 of the Ephesians (Acts 19.)..

Act 2:38 . Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Act 2:39 For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call."

Peter also told them to:

-have all things common
-sell all their possessions and goods
-meet in the temple

...all of which you do not do, and punt the following verses,as you continually delete them, as you continue your deception.

Acts 2 KJV
41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls. 42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers. 43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.

44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common; 45 and sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. 46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, 47 praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Fraud.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
They only knew after the fact, deceiver. Before the historical event of the dbr, while preaching "the gospel of the kingdom," they had no clue that the Lord Jesus Christ would die, and be raised. They were not preaching the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV; but they were preaching "the gospel of the kingdom"-thus, they are not equivalent.

The expectation of the Kingdom to come is the same good news that Christ would make it possible for men to enter into it.

Luk 16:16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.

The first part of the good new was preached by John in that of men repenting from their dead works.

Made up. You can't show one verse that shows anyone, during Matthew-John, prior to the dbr, preaching 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

The law itself foretold it and Jesus reminded them about it.

Luk 24:46 Then He said to them, "Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day,
Luk 24:47 and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Jesus preached it before the cross--

Joh 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up,
Joh 3:15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Mat 12:38 Then some of the scribes and Pharisees answered, saying, "Teacher, we want to see a sign from You."
Mat 12:39 But He answered and said to them, "An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.
Mat 12:40 For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

It was not that men did not know, but that many did but the majority were in denial of it.

The Jews were very familiar with the OT.

2Ch 29:24 And the priests killed them; and they presented their blood on the altar as a sin offering to make an atonement for all Israel, for the king commanded that the burnt offering and the sin offering be made for all Israel.

You are saying that the priests never knew what these things meant.

Their meaning was hidden from the rulers of this age, and from Israel when they fell into apostasy, so that the temple practices became works of the law to them only.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Peter also told them to:

-have all things common
-sell all their possessions and goods
-meet in the temple

...all of which you do not do, and punt the following verses,as you continually delete them, as you continue your deception.

Acts 2 KJV
41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls. 42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers. 43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.

44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common; 45 and sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. 46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, 47 praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Fraud.

You just simply do not believe Christ's church is like that, and has been in every century since at times.

LA

heir

TOL Subscriber
Did she address my argument? Nope.
Of course not.
They only knew after the fact, deceiver. Before the historical event of the dbr, while preaching "the gospel of the kingdom," they had no clue that the Lord Jesus Christ would die, and be raised.
Amen!
They were not preaching the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV; but they were preaching "the gospel of the kingdom"-thus, they are not equivalent.
Furthermore, they didn't know "that gospel" (that mystery gospel) Paul preached until Paul went up by revelation (meaning he was told to go) and communicated it to them: the time of Acts 15 (Galatians 2:1-9 KJV).

We can and should believe the King James Bible!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Peter preached the gospel of the circumcision at Pentecost which included the gospel of God (the Who of Jesus Christ and that God raised Him from the dead as defined here: Romans 1:1-4 KJV).

Neither should be confused with the gospel of Christ (the WHAT of the cross/the WHY Christ died 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV); "that Christ died for our sins" and that He was buried and rose again the third day that was a mysteryhidden in the scriptures/kept secret until Paul (Romans 1:2-6 KJV, Romans 16:25-27 KJV, Galatians 1:11-12 KJV). What Peter preached was spoken (Acts 3:21 KJV).

And since you like to make it "all the same" when it's not, here's another difference to chew on: there is a difference between what Peter preached and what Paul preached about why Christ was raised from the dead. Peter preached (Acts 2:30 KJV) yet Paul preached (Romans 4:25 KJV).

Yep. Peter told them (all the house of Israel), every one of them to DO something for the remission of sins when they asked, what shall we do?" (Acts 2:37 KJV) which should not to be confused with "what must I do to be saved?" as the Philippian jailer asked Paul. Paul didn't tell him to DO anything, but to believe something to be saved Acts 17:31 KJV).

Things that are different are not the same.

No.

To believe Christ is to do what He says.

Act 16:14 And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira, which worshipped God, heard us: whose heart the Lord opened, that she attended unto the things which were spoken of Paul.
Act 16:15 And when she was baptized, and her household
, she besought us, saying, If ye have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house, and abide there. And she constrained us.

Act 16:29 Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,
Act 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Act 16:32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.
Act 16:33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway

Peter and Paul preached the same gospel.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Of course not.
Amen!Furthermore, they didn't know "that gospel" (that mystery gospel) Paul preached until Paul went up by revelation (meaning he was told to go) and communicated it to them: the time of Acts 15 (Galatians 2:1-9 KJV).

We can and should believe the King James Bible!

Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.
Act 15:12 Then all the multitude kept silence, and gave audience to Barnabas and Paul, declaring what miracles and wonders God had wrought among the Gentiles by them.
Act 15:13 And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me:
Act 15:14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.
Act 15:15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,
Act 15:16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:
Act 15:17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

Nothing in the scriptures says Paul taught the Apostles anything about the gospel.

LA

heir

TOL Subscriber
Nothing in the scriptures says Paul taught the Apostles anything about the gospel.

LA
I said at "the time of Acts 15 the time of Acts 15 (Galatians 2:1-9 KJV)". That's when the Galatians 2 meeting happened. If you'd actually read the text cited you just might see something.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I said at "the time of Acts 15 the time of Acts 15 (Galatians 2:1-9 KJV)". That's when the Galatians 2 meeting happened. If you'd actually read the text cited you just might see something.

Quote where Paul taught the Apostles?

LA

heir

TOL Subscriber
Quote where Paul taught the Apostles?

LA
It's in the text, Lazy A.

Galatians 2:1 Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and took Titus with me also.

Galatians 2:2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.

Galatians 2:3 But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised:

Galatians 2:4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:

Galatians 2:5 To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.

Galatians 2:6 But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person:) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:

Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

Galatians 2:8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)

Galatians 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.