Arkansas Church Kicks Out Young Gay Man For ‘Choosing A Sinful Lifestyle’

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nobody said it was.
Christians who take Jesus seriously know what sin is, and they ought to feel remorse. Both parties need to forgive themselves and the other.

Jesus once demonstrated this truth in the Lord's Prayer. Forgiveness is reciprocal.

Dear aikido7,

You are on the right track. I was 'gay' for over 20 years and finally came to realize I was on the wrong track. But God forgave me 700 times 7000 without giving up on me. Jesus said He was sent to the sinners, not those 'without sin.' Mary was a prostitute/fornicator for who knows how many years and Jesus forgave her, and she was finally able to end her sin. If God would ever have given up on me, I would never have reached this point in my life. My church accepted me regardless, and they also let you wear blue jeans to church, because some of the parishioners don't have the money to buy better clothes. I'm especially referring to those of our congregation who are Hispanic. Anyway, I just want to say, don't deny yourself helping a sinner and loving them regardless of their sin. Who knows how often a man brings home a different girl from the bars twice a weekend to have sex, and yet he calls others homos. Fornication is rampant also. It's all sins we have to overcome. And I have had my meals with other sinners also who are homosexual or fornicators. Jesus didn't cut Himself off from those who needed Him. Just remember that and follow after His Way, not the way one of His followers did. There are things that the apostles say that I don't agree with. They were not Jesus and they were fallible men, just like everyone else. They thought that Jesus was coming again within a few years. They didn't know what was really going on. I believe what Jesus said and what He stood for, regardless of what some of the apostles postured, since they felt they were sin-free. Ah, I'm wasting my time speaking to you all here about it.

Much Love & Forgiveness, In Jesus Christ,

Michael

:angel: :cloud9: :rapture: :angel:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Dear aikido7,

You are on the right track. I was 'gay' for over 20 years and finally came to realize I was on the wrong track. But God forgave me 700 times 7000 without giving up on me. Jesus said He was sent to the sinners, not those 'without sin.' Mary was a prostitute/fornicator for who knows how many years and Jesus forgave her, and she was finally able to end her sin. If God would ever have given up on me, I would never have reached this point in my life. My church accepted me regardless, and they also let you wear blue jeans to church, because some of the parishioners don't have the money to buy better clothes. I'm especially referring to those of our congregation who are Hispanic. Anyway, I just want to say, don't deny yourself helping a sinner and loving them regardless of their sin. Who knows how often a man brings home a different girl from the bars twice a weekend to have sex, and yet he calls others homos. Fornication is rampant also. It's all sins we have to overcome. And I have had my meals with other sinners also who are homosexual or fornicators. Jesus didn't cut Himself off from those who needed Him. Just remember that and follow after His Way, not the way one of His followers did. There are things that the apostles say that I don't agree with. They were not Jesus and they were fallible men, just like everyone else. They thought that Jesus was coming again within a few years. They didn't know what was really going on. I believe what Jesus said and what He stood for, regardless of what some of the apostles postured, since they felt they were sin-free. Ah, I'm wasting my time speaking to you all here about it.

Much Love & Forgiveness, In Jesus Christ,

Michael

Thank you for confirming a glorious testimony of faith.

I am glad that your life is what you finally want it to be!

Blessings and thanks!

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Thank you for confirming a glorious testimony of faith.

I am glad that your life is what you finally want it to be!

Blessings and thanks!

Dear aikido7,

Thank you for being so understanding. I'm ready to go to Heaven. I've also lost weight {19 lbs.} so, even though I still have 20 lbs. more to go until I get down to 145 lbs., which is where I started out, I am trying not to be a glutton, and I limit my alcoholic drinks to like four a month, if that. But I know that us 'fat' people will get into Heaven too!! I quit smoking after 40 years, and I'm going without pork, oysters and clams, for over 2 weeks now. I'm just doing what I think will please God. It's working out fine for me and of course, I'm probably going to die trying, I'm trying to not be a sinner, but I'm sure it's fine. My Mom smoked cigs for 40 years herself and I know she went to Heaven regardless, so I know it's all fine. Oh, now I try to be a eunuch for Jesus, and abstain from sex, and be asexual. Just thought I should mention that. That means everything, if you know what I mean. No manual stimulation to put it lightly. OK, you take care and thanks SO MUCH for ACCEPTING me!!

God Loves Those Who Truly Love!!

Michael

musterion

Michael,

The man in the story either does not really believe homosexuality is a biblical sin, or he knows it is but loves it anyway. Either way, is a church biblically justified in taking disciplinary steps over such a person? Not a trick or loaded question, promise. Thanks...

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Michael,

The man in the story either does not really believe homosexuality is a biblical sin, or he knows it is but loves it anyway. Either way, is a church biblically justified in taking disciplinary steps over such a person? Not a trick or loaded question, promise. Thanks...

Dear musterion,

Well, I knew I was gay but I also knew that I loved Jesus extremely much, before all this gay-beaters stuff. So, I kept going to church to worship Him Who I adored dearly. And as time progressed, I realized that I was perhaps doing the wrong thing, though it took me a while to actually believe that I was doing wrong, when it felt so right!! I am older and don't need sex to exist. Trying to reach someone who is 18 of 33 is another story. They would never get it probably. They have to go through the motions. It's really all totally up to God. It keeps them from having babies out of wedlock, or fatherless babies. Which is better, I wonder??

I am tired of this subject. I've been living it for 50-some years now. I'm glad that I am still a virgin with women. See Rev. 14:4. Nobody knows the mysteries of God and how He works. This is one of those instances, whether y'all like it or not. I have fulfilled the scriptures in spite of the fact that a horny guy gets a solution from a girl. Instead, I've become totally abstinent after being gay for years. It DOES fulfill the scriptures whether you agree or not.

Michael

jzeidler

I think this is sad. They are sending out a man they should be showing love and compassion to. Jesus doesn't save the ones who are without sin. He saves those who are the most screwed up. This church failed to show Jesus that day. I hope that young man doesn't get turned off of Jesus because His church didn't show His love.

genuineoriginal

I think this is sad. They are sending out a man they should be showing love and compassion to. Jesus doesn't save the ones who are without sin. He saves those who are the most screwed up. This church failed to show Jesus that day. I hope that young man doesn't get turned off of Jesus because His church didn't show His love.

In the Parable of the Prodigal Son, it was the son that walked away from his family to pursue a lifestyle of sin.

Church discipline is about forcing the sinner to either renounce his sin and remain in fellowship with the church, or to renounce the church to pursue a lifestyle of sin.

The young man in the OP made his choice.
The church will still be there waiting if he changes his mind and wants to return.

musterion

Dear musterion,

Well, I knew I was gay but I also knew that I loved Jesus extremely much, before all this gay-beaters stuff. So, I kept going to church to worship Him Who I adored dearly. And as time progressed, I realized that I was perhaps doing the wrong thing, though it took me a while to actually believe that I was doing wrong, when it felt so right!! I am older and don't need sex to exist. Trying to reach someone who is 18 of 33 is another story. They would never get it probably. They have to go through the motions. It's really all totally up to God. It keeps them from having babies out of wedlock, or fatherless babies. Which is better, I wonder??

I am tired of this subject. I've been living it for 50-some years now. I'm glad that I am still a virgin with women. See Rev. 14:4. Nobody knows the mysteries of God and how He works. This is one of those instances, whether y'all like it or not. I have fulfilled the scriptures in spite of the fact that a horny guy gets a solution from a girl. Instead, I've become totally abstinent after being gay for years. It DOES fulfill the scriptures whether you agree or not.

Michael

You didnt even try to answer my question, which was not at all about you.

Is a local church biblically justified in doing what that one did?

jzeidler

In the Parable of the Prodigal Son, it was the son that walked away from his family to pursue a lifestyle of sin.

Church discipline is about forcing the sinner to either renounce his sin and remain in fellowship with the church, or to renounce the church to pursue a lifestyle of sin.

The young man in the OP made his choice.

The church will still be there waiting if he changes his mind and wants to return.

I think your view of Christianity and the parable of the prodigal son is very wrong. It shows that you don't understand the love of Christ and what he did on the cross.

genuineoriginal

I think your view of Christianity and the parable of the prodigal son is very wrong. It shows that you don't understand the love of Christ and what he did on the cross.
You seem to have a distorted view of both Jesus the Messiah and what Jesus did.

The message of the Bible is clear throughout.

If you turn away from God, you cannot expect anything from Him.
If you return to God, He will show you mercy.

This is the message of the Parable of the Prodigal Son.

The man in the OP turned away from God to embrace his homosexual desires.
He cannot expect anything from God or from the church until he is willing to turn away from his homosexual desires and return.

jzeidler

You seem to have a distorted view of both Jesus the Messiah and what Jesus did.

The message of the Bible is clear throughout.

If you turn away from God, you cannot expect anything from Him.

If you return to God, He will show you mercy.

This is the message of the Parable of the Prodigal Son.

The man in the OP turned away from God to embrace his homosexual desires.

He cannot expect anything from God or from the church until he is willing to turn away from his homosexual desires and return.

You say, "If you turn away from God, you cannot expect anything from Him.

If you return to God, He will show you mercy."

What a wonderful father you have. Definitely not worth the title of "Abba"

also your statement is not congruent with scripture. Repentance is not needed for forgiveness. Forgivenesses was given on the cross. So was righteousness.

You then go on to say, "The man in the OP turned away from God to embrace his homosexual desires.

He cannot expect anything from God or from the church until he is willing to turn away from his homosexual desires and return."

Well how many times have you had sinful desires? Are you able to expect to get anything from God or the church? What makes this mans sin worse than your own? Also, by your logic of only gaining anything from the church or God till you turn away from sin you can't get anything till your perfect.

The beauty of Christianity is that God will accept anyone despite their sin because he already paid for it on the cross and that he will work his will and change them in his time, not the church's.

What we have here in the OP is a typical situation. The church wants to step in and make people mature faster than the Holy Spirit working in their life.

PureX

They wanted to play God, and stand in judgment and condemnation of anyone who would not bow to their religious beliefs, instead of humbly passing along the love and forgiveness of Christ. There are a lot of people who call themselves Christians but that have no idea what Christ is about.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

apparently, He died so that we can all wallow in sin and perversion as much as we like

just for fun jz, can you tell me the last three words Jesus said to the woman taken in adultery?

jzeidler

apparently, He died so that we can all wallow in sin and perversion as much as we like

Ah the argument brought up by those who don't understand grace. Here is my answer:

Rom 6:1-2 What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it?

You are dead to it. How can you live in it? God will change the person in his time. He doesn't need the church to bully people into changing when He is already working on them.

ok doser

Ah the argument brought up by those who don't understand grace. Here is my answer:

Rom 6:1-2 What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it?

You are dead to it. How can you live in it? God will change the person in his time. He doesn't need the church to bully people into changing when He is already working on them.

can you provide scripture to support your notion that the church should fellowship with members who declare their intention to engage in sin?

jzeidler

can you provide scripture to support your notion that the church should fellowship with members who declare their intention to engage in sin?

Jesus hung out with tax collectors, prostitutes, drunkards, Samaritans, and other sinners. Also Simon, one of his disciples may have killed someone since he was a zealot.

Should we make a habit of this? Probably not. But if we do not hang with them and love them how will they know who Jesus is?

ok doser

Jesus hung out with tax collectors, prostitutes, drunkards, Samaritans, and other sinners. Also Simon, one of his disciples may have killed someone since he was a zealot.

Should we make a habit of this? Probably not. But if we do not hang with them and love them how will they know who Jesus is?

and what were Jesus' last three words to the woman taken in adultery?

jzeidler

and what were Jesus' last three words to the woman taken in adultery?

He said go and sin no more because he had freed her by giving her the gift of no condemnation which actually empowered her to go and sin no more.

I think you don't hear what I'm saying. I don't want people living in sin. Sin is stupid and it brings death. I want people living right because they know who they are in Christ and I want the church to be reaching out to sinners in love and acceptance as Jesus did.

ok doser

He said go and sin no more because he had freed her by giving her the gift of no condemnation which actually empowered her to go and sin no more.

I think you don't hear what I'm saying. I don't want people living in sin. Sin is stupid and it brings death. I want people living right because they know who they are in Christ and I want the church to be reaching out to sinners in love and acceptance as Jesus did.

Jesus didn't reach out to sinners who knew they were sinning and who determined to continue sinning