Are You a Judaizer?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
what is the law of moses?

The Law of Moses is comprised of two things. One is the covenant that Christ spoke to the people and wrote with his finger on two stone tablets. The covenant was given before the Book of the Law which contained statutes and judgments. (Exodus 19:5)

The covenant was placed in the ark of the covenant and the Book of the Law was placed beside the ark, but not in it. (Deuteronomy 31:26)

The Book of the Law was abolished at Christ's execution. (Colossians 2:14)

Interplanner

Whom did you learn the gospel you teach, from Israel or from Paul? The gospel of Israel is the Tanach and it has nothing to do with the NT. Why did you rush for the gospel of Paul instead of waiting for the gospel of Israel? The Almighty God, by grace, has given you every day of your life to reconsider.

Define the gospel of Israel. In most ordinary English, that expression would mean the contents of the message are Israel. We might be on the same page, OTOH, but it needs to be clarified.

CherubRam

Gnostic? Why?

Catholic Gnosticism.
The attitude of the Catholic Church toward paganism is best summed up by Pope Gregory the Great, in his words to a missionary: “You must not interfere with any traditional belief or religious observance that can be harmonized with Christianity.”

Not only were the Congregations divided by Gnosticism, but enticed by philosophy and paganism also, and there were geographic divisions as well.
Pope Gregory 540 – 12 March 604.

Just a reminder that it was the Catholic Church that canonized scripture.

The Rich Man And Lazarus With Commentary.
Luke 16:19. "There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21and longing to eat what fell from the rich man's table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.
Wealth, comfort, poverty, and suffering have nothing to do with a person’s salvation.

22"The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.'
The word messenger is replaced with the word angel. And assuming that this is a parable, there would be no need for Lazarus to be carried to Abraham, and before the resurrection. As for being in Hell and torment and agony; that contradicts the verse that says the dead know nothing. It also is a contradiction where scripture says that Yahwah kills the condemned. In regards to the water on the finger; that would evaporate before it even got to a person. It also contradicts where God said “you will surly die.”

25"But Abraham replied, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.'

Again I say to you that wealth and poverty has nothing to do with the resurrection of the righteous. There is one truth in all of this, and that there is a chasm that has been set in place; and that is called death of the condemned, which are killed by Yahwah. There is no life for them afterward.

27"He answered, 'Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father's house, 28for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.'

29"Abraham replied, 'They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.'

30" 'No, father Abraham,' he said, 'but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.'
31"He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' "

These are obviously the words of a dim wit, and not the words of an ancient being. No place in these verses is credit given to Yahwah, but only to Moses and the prophets; which would be unlike Yahshua to exclude Yahwah in matters of life and death.

Hell is a pagan belief and part of the Pagan religion. Why would Yahshua use a nonexistent biblical teaching for which he never explains afterward? Before the return from Babylon, Judaism never taught the concept of hell. After the return from Babylon the Hellenistic and Kabbalistic Jews began to introduce Hell into Judaism.

Yahshua never identified the story as a parable, and never explained the relevance as he did in other legitimate parables.
Yahshua, being an ancient being full of knowledge and wisdom, would have had the good sense to explain the new concept. Obviously the story of “The Rich Man and Lazarus” are the words of some man introducing the Pagan concept of Hell.

If it is true that there will be people ALIVE in Hell, Then God lied, and the Serpent told the truth. Was the word "Hell" added to scripture replacing the words grave, pit, and Gehenna? God is not a liar.

Epoisses

The Law of Moses is comprised of two things. One is the covenant that Christ spoke to the people and wrote with his finger on two stone tablets. The covenant was given before the Book of the Law which contained statutes and judgments. (Exodus 19:5)

The covenant was placed in the ark of the covenant and the Book of the Law was placed beside the ark, but not in it. (Deuteronomy 31:26)

And the ministry of death written in stone was done away as well. The law was a shadow of God's love being written in the heart. God is love so to have his love is everything. Your precious law was just a shadow that couldn't save one single person or forgive one single sin. It was weak so it got replaced.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

Matthew 5:18

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

Matthew 5:18

Robert Pate

Banned
And the ministry of death written in stone was done away as well. The law was a shadow of God's love being written in the heart. God is love so to have his love is everything. Your precious law was just a shadow that couldn't save one single person or forgive one single sin. It was weak so it got replaced.

Right on.

It was replaced by Christ and the Holy Spirit, Hebrews 8:6.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Are You a Judaizer?

Luke 16 is a Gnostic corruption.

Honestly, Ben's use of Luke 16 unintentionally opens this up for me to point out that Jesus was Prophesying His Resurrection.

Luke 16:

But he told him, ‘If they don’t listen to Moses and the prophets, they will not be persuaded if someone rises from the dead.’”

It is known that Israel killed some of it's prophets, and many at the very least rejected much of what they said. This led to the same cycle we all experience of disappointing God and then being lovingly corrected, only to end up disappointing again... Um Human stuff.

In short one of the stories even explains that the Land owner sends people and they are assaulted and even killed by the tenants.

Then He sends His Son, and they Kill Him.

Now this doesn't make Israel bad, but it shows that some continuous undercurrent brought about ill to the prophets.

They were also given prophesies of Jesus in the very Temple layout, ceremonies and laws.

The actual meaning here is that Israel was about to Kill their ultimate prophet.

Um... Well.. More than prophet... The Son of God...

Um well, more than just the Son of God...

Oh, well you get it....

What else would a filthy Goy like myself say?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Oh and, here is Moses...

Deuteronomy 18: 15-18:

The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your brothers—it is to him you shall listen— just as you desired of the Lord your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly, when you said, ‘Let me not hear again the voice of the Lord my God or see this great fire any more, lest I die.’ And the Lord said to me, ‘They are right in what they have spoken. will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers. And I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him. And whoever will not listen to my words that he shall speak in my name, I myself will require it of him. But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.’ And if you say in your heart, ‘How may we know the word that the Lord has not spoken?’— when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him.” (Deuteronomy 18: 15-18).

CherubRam

Catholic Gnosticism.
The attitude of the Catholic Church toward paganism is best summed up by Pope Gregory the Great, in his words to a missionary: “You must not interfere with any traditional belief or religious observance that can be harmonized with Christianity.”

Not only were the Congregations divided by Gnosticism, but enticed by philosophy and paganism also, and there were geographic divisions as well.
Pope Gregory 540 – 12 March 604.

Just a reminder that it was the Catholic Church that canonized scripture.

The Rich Man And Lazarus With Commentary.
Luke 16:19. "There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21and longing to eat what fell from the rich man's table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.
Wealth, comfort, poverty, and suffering have nothing to do with a person’s salvation.

22"The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.'
The word messenger is replaced with the word angel. And assuming that this is a parable, there would be no need for Lazarus to be carried to Abraham, and before the resurrection. As for being in Hell and torment and agony; that contradicts the verse that says the dead know nothing. It also is a contradiction where scripture says that Yahwah kills the condemned. In regards to the water on the finger; that would evaporate before it even got to a person. It also contradicts where God said “you will surly die.”

25"But Abraham replied, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.'

Again I say to you that wealth and poverty has nothing to do with the resurrection of the righteous. There is one truth in all of this, and that there is a chasm that has been set in place; and that is called death of the condemned, which are killed by Yahwah. There is no life for them afterward.

27"He answered, 'Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father's house, 28for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.'

29"Abraham replied, 'They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.'

30" 'No, father Abraham,' he said, 'but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.'
31"He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' "

These are obviously the words of a dim wit, and not the words of an ancient being. No place in these verses is credit given to Yahwah, but only to Moses and the prophets; which would be unlike Yahshua to exclude Yahwah in matters of life and death.

Hell is a pagan belief and part of the Pagan religion. Why would Yahshua use a nonexistent biblical teaching for which he never explains afterward? Before the return from Babylon, Judaism never taught the concept of hell. After the return from Babylon the Hellenistic and Kabbalistic Jews began to introduce Hell into Judaism.

Yahshua never identified the story as a parable, and never explained the relevance as he did in other legitimate parables.
Yahshua, being an ancient being full of knowledge and wisdom, would have had the good sense to explain the new concept. Obviously the story of “The Rich Man and Lazarus” are the words of some man introducing the Pagan concept of Hell.

If it is true that there will be people ALIVE in Hell, Then God lied, and the Serpent told the truth. Was the word "Hell" added to scripture replacing the words grave, pit, and Gehenna? God is not a liar.

The word "Hell" is not in the original bible script. It also is not a traditional teaching. Hell is a Pagan belief.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
A Judaizer is one that believes in Jesus, but also believes that you must follow the law of Moses.

There were many Judaizers in the early church. The apostle James was one of them. Many did not understand the Gospel and justification by faith apart from the works of the law. Paul was the only apostle that fully understood that Christians were no longer required to follow the law. The reason for this is because Paul received the Gospel directly from Jesus Christ, Galatians 1:11,12. It is the Gospel that frees us from the law of Moses.

James sent men to spy on Peter and Barnabas to see if they were eating with Gentiles, Galatians 2:12. This was a direct violation of the law of Moses. When the Jews walked into the dinner there at the church in Antioch, Peter and Barnabas went under the table. Paul saw the whole thing and gave everyone a good tongue lashing, Galatians 2:14-21.

Later on in Acts 15, Paul wanted to introduce some Gentile believers to the church there in Jerusalem. When James and some of the others got word that they were coming they said, "Except that you are circumcised after the manner of Moses, you cannot be saved" Acts 15:1. This caused some dispute. If it had not been for all of the things that God was doing with the Gentiles through Paul they probably would have circumcised them, but because of Paul's testimony they let them off.

WHY CHRISTIANS ARE NOT UNDER THE LAW OF MOSES OR ANY LAWS.

All through the Old Testament and into the New Testament God's people are called to live by faith and not by rules, laws or religion. Paul wrote, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. Living by rules, laws and religion is not living by faith. While Jesus was dying on the cross God tore the veil that covered the "Holy of Holies" from the top to the bottom, Matthew 27:51. This signified the end of the Old Covenant, the law and the Jewish religion. Many in the early church could not grasp the meaning of this event and became Judaizers. Many today cannot believe that Christians are free from the law and try to keep the commandments.

Living by laws, rules and commandments is a denial of the Gospel.

Jesus is the end and the fulfillment of the Old Covenant, the law and the Jewish religion. Paul wrote, "But now the righteousness of God WITHOUT THE LAW is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets" Romans 3:21. If you want to see the righteousness of God, don't look to the law, Jesus is God's law incarnate in human flesh. Jesus is the New Covenant. The Old Covenant and the law have passed away, Hebrews 8:13. The new and living way is by faith in Christ and his Gospel, which brings with it the indwelling Holy Spirit.

Some of the Galatians were trying to receive the Holy Spirit by the works of the law, this is what Paul said to them, "This only would I learn of you, Did you receive the Holy Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith?" (hearing and believing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2. Many do not have the Spirit because they are trying to obtain it by the works of the law instead of by faith in Christ and his Gospel.

Am I a Judahizer?

You betcha! But only on days of the week that end in Q.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

God gave the law to guide his people, not for salvation.