ECT Are we born sinless? Pelagianism and semi-pelagianism

glorydaz

A thought for future reference, bro.

Some people post from their phone; the post numbers may not be available to them, as a result.

You might post the link with said reference.

But no, I read your post #347, and no, I do not agree.

It was not the Law that was written in their hearts. Rather, the WORK of the Law of God.

Israel was merely made conscious of said WORK of the Law of God.

Which refers to a generic principle made specific with Moses.

Just as the gospel of God and the gospel of Christ are generic phrases.

God's good news concerning His Son: the gospel of Christ.

Generic phrasing that the particular context then determines which aspect of said good news - that aspect which was prophesied (Christ to Israel as King of Israel over the Earth), or that aspect which was kept secret (Christ to principalities and powers in the Heavenlies as Head of A New Creature: The Body; over said Heavenlies) since the times of the ages until Paul.

Might as well Greek these things, as too many are taking too much too literal.

Likewise with the WORK of THE LAW of God.

:mock: Danoh

Jerry Shugart

But no, I read your post #347, and no, I do not agree.

It was not the Law that was written in their hearts. Rather, the WORK of the Law of God.

Israel was merely made conscious of said WORK of the Law of God.

No, it is the law which is written in the heart:

"For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness" (Ro.2:14-15).​

It is a man's conscience that gives him the knowledge of what is right and what is wrong and that knowledge is written in the heart of man. That is why Paul wrote that the Gentiles are a law unto themselves.

And this verse is certainly not talking about the law of Moses:

"for until law sin was in the world; but sin is not put to account when there is no law" (Ro.5:13).​

Of course sin was put into man's account before the law of Moses came into existence. Here we can see that the Lord spoke of the "sin" committed by those of Sodom and Gomorrah and that happened before "the law" came into existence:

"And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous"
(Gen.18:20).​

The fate of these ungodly men who lived in those cities bears witness to the fact that their sins were indeed imputed into their account:

"Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire" (Jude 7).​

Even John Calvin understood that sin was indeed imputed to men before "the law" came into existence, writing that "before the law iniquities were by God imputed to men is evident from the punishment of Cain, from the deluge by which the whole world was destroyed, from the fate of Sodom, and from the plagues inflicted on Pharaoh and Abimelech on account of Abraham, and also from the plagues brought on the Egyptians" (Calvin, Commentary on Romans 5:13).

If you are going to understand what Paul was saying at Romans 5:12-13 then you must come to the understanding that when Paul used the word "law" at verse 13 he was referring to the law written on men's heart of which the conscience bears witness.

dodge

Jerry Shugart;4990476]First of all, David does not state that the guilt of Adam's sin was imputed to him. Instead, when we examine what is said we can understand that David was deeply troubled for his sins and wicked behavior and convicted of his guilt:

Jerry, that is EXACTLY what David said. Read it again !

Wrong again Jerry !

Psa 51:5
Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Danoh

The way you ignore and change scripture to make it say what YOU want it to say is pretty annoying also.

Look at it this way; her best is to call you a troll just because you don't bow to her error in one thing or another.

In contrast, her fellow Hybrid, calls me (in the Thank you post section) a "divisive pig" just because I call them on this Acts 9 /ACTS 28 Hybrid of theirs that they have been passing off as "Mid-Acts" or MAD :chuckle:

Here, read some of this when you have some time. You might not agree with some of it, but it shows their errors.

Don't go turnin Mid-Acts, now :D

https://forwhatsaiththescriptures.wordpress.com/2015/10/25/acts-9-28-hybrid-theology/

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

Yes, and he also said that broken bones rejoice! Do you take that literally?

At least I addressed your verse but you just ignored this one:

"For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well" (Ps.139:13-14).​

Of course you also ignored what the Lord Jesus said about little children here:

"Then people brought little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked them. Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these'" (Mt.19:13-14).​

According to your ideas the little children are dead spiritually even though the Lord Jesus said that the kingdom belongs to them!

dodge

Yes, and he also said that broken bones rejoice! Do you take that literally?

At least I addressed your verse but you just ignored this one:

"For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well" (Ps.139:13-14).​

Of course you also ignored what the Lord Jesus said about little children here:

"Then people brought little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked them. Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these'" (Mt.19:13-14).​

According to your ideas the little children are dead spiritually even though the Lord Jesus said that the kingdom belongs to them!

Scripture does NOT contradict scripture. Here a little there a little ,line upon line, and precept upon precept. Like it or not scripture teaches that in Adam all die as a result of sin which is the nature of mankind.

glorydaz

Scripture does NOT contradict scripture. Here a little there a little ,line upon line, and precept upon precept. Like it or not scripture teaches that in Adam all die as a result of sin which is the nature of mankind.

No, in Adam all die because they are made of the dust of the ground, earthly.

Will you ever read the actual text, or will you continue to speak lies?

Danoh

Wrong again Jerry !

Psa 51:5
Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Yep :thumb:

It is why babies die - the wages of ("tes" or "the" - the wages of The) sin is death, and by one man's trangression, all were made sinners; handed down via the conception resulting from a man and a woman's physical union.

We obviously do not agree on some things, bro; but we do on this.

There's hope for you yet :D

That's a ribbing, by the way; don't let the ever, one-sided legalist Hybrids tell you it is not a ribbing :chuckle:

Truster

You'll find that the wages of sin is death and not the wages of dust. Man dies and returns to dust, because of sin.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, the "wages" of sin is death. That alone tells you it is earned.

That is the point. Your conclusion is wrong. Paul uses the term "therefore" because he is giving a lesson. Adam disobeyed God leading to death. You claim you don't see death. Well, why do we need his life then?

18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.

At the other side is the Lord Jesus Christ, giving life. The opposite of what happens in Adam.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When Adam was created he was without sin. He was not righteous, he was innocent.

Jerry Shugart

It is why babies die - the wages of ("tes" or "the" - the wages of The) sin is death, and by one man's trangression, all were made sinners; handed down via the conception resulting from a man and a woman's physical union.

"What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death...For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Ro.6:21,23).​

This is speaking about men dying spiritually as a result of their own sin. That means that they are alive spiritually before they die.

Therefore this verse has nothing to do with babies.

How many more verses are you going to pervert in a failed effort to defend the ridiculous idea of Original Sin?

dodge

I did and you are still missing the "whole"context of Genesis 3 and what follows as far as sacrifice and the condition of the WHOLE human race.

FYI, I do not have to ignore the context to stay in an error as do many.

dodge

Jerry Shugart;4990520]Yes, and he also said that broken bones rejoice! Do you take that literally?

I see you believe the "apple of God's eye" is not credible.

You discredit and ignore what is literal for what wasn't literal ! Got ya.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I already gave it to you. But, he is not accounting our trespasses to us. God has reconciled us to him at the cross. We need not concern ourselves with such a thing.

I forgot to ask... are you referring to 2 Co. 5:19 in your verbiage of the impact of Christ's DBR and dispensation of grace through Paul?

Is this where we seem to be lining up in speech, though we are nit picking one another at other points?