Allah Islam Muslim

Apple7

It was an attempt at making obvious the differences between Methodism and Islam. However it makes no difference to me whether you believe me or not. All that matters is that I have shown you to be a bigot, a liar, a perverter of truth, and one who will knowingly lead others down a false path to satisfy his own sinful hatred of anyone different.

The only thing that you have amply demonstrated is scriptural ignorance.

I'll pray for you. You'll need it.

Pray to whom, and for what, exactly...?

No I do not have an Arabic translator on hand, which would call into question your charge of me being Muslim, but I digress.

How would an Arabic translator have any bearing upon you being a muslim...?

I agree with the translation that Allah is "lord of jinn and mankind: lord of all created beings."

Do you really have any choice?

Although the translation by two Professors of Arabic Language and Muslim Theology differs from yours slightly: "Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin [mankind, jinn, and all that exists]".......

.....it is close enough in meaning and obviously shows that Allah is lord over not only the jinn, but lord of ALL of creation

Now that you have agreed with my supplied definition...plug it into context...

1God4all

BANNED
Banned
Seems that everything that I state is the first that you have heard of it.....yes?
The "your god is pagan" nonsense is used by Christians who point to Allah as false, and by Muslims who point to Elohim as false. Both are right and both are wrong, as I've covered numerous times already.

The fact that Muslims use your same argument about the Canaanite sun god against you should tell you something.

Of course, that it should doesn't always mean that it will. Denying enlightenment is foolish but also your right.

However, most people fall into the willfully ignorant category, such as yourself, and can only express their rage and disapproval....of which, cannot alter the facts...
I am the only one of us two who seeks answers without preconceived notions. You are 100% correct that I don't alter facts. I only wish I could say the same of you.

If it comforts you to imagine me as a furious Muslim then be my guest. It's no concern of mine if you believe my stated personal religion. And it certainly delights me to hear you continually reference anger. You clearly are projecting your own emotions, and I would hope that you'd be so angry you'll never blatantly lie again.

Actually, Satan is stated to be the lower-case 'theos' of the world in scripture....and, so what?
So what? Nothing to me. But you are claiming that Islam worships Satan because Allah is "lord of all created beings," the idiocy of such a claim being obvious.

And the idiocy grows when you consider that the Quran never says such things AND that Satan is "prince of this world" according to the Bible. The uncultured Christian's hypocrisy again rears its ugly head.

Everything that I state can be verified by those wishing to do so.
Which, even with your near constant refusal to give sources, I've been doing. And the results I come back with, my sources provided of course, contradict you and show that you falsify information. That's busch league.

What matters for you, is that this lower-case god is the one that you personally worship

You have yet to show anything besides that Allah is lord of all created beings. Nobody sane will take that definition as meaning "Satan."

Your lies will be exposed. When you have to step outside of your Kentucky backwoods community and live in the real world it's going to shock you. Your meaningful perversions of holy book verses and peer-reviewed scriptural studies is disgraceful.

God is watching. He hears when you call him Satan. He hears you when you show intolerance of gays, Catholics, muslims, Jews, and anyone else that doesn't hold an exclusionist worldview. I hope your sins are worth the torture

1God4all

BANNED
Banned
Now that you have agreed with my supplied definition...plug it into context...

To everyone but you, "lord of all created beings" and "lord of all creation" do not refer to Satan. Jinn are created beings, as with man, and angels, and animals, and anything else.

But apparently you think God is not lord over Satan and demons?

You make YECs look knowledgeable

Apple7

The "your god is pagan" nonsense is used by Christians who point to Allah as false, and by Muslims who point to Elohim as false. Both are right and both are wrong, as I've covered numerous times already.

Your 'allah' is Satan.

Is that a little clearer....?

The fact that Muslims use your same argument about the Canaanite sun god against you should tell you something.

Of course, that it should doesn't always mean that it will. Denying enlightenment is foolish but also your right.

You mean those googled 'wiki sources' that anyone with an internet link can edit...?

I am the only one of us two who seeks answers without preconceived notions. You are 100% correct that I don't alter facts. I only wish I could say the same of you.

You google for your answers...that is not research...

If it comforts you to imagine me as a furious Muslim then be my guest. It's no concern of mine if you believe my stated personal religion.

It does...why else would you have created a new nic name after being banned with the first?

Something bothering you that you needed to come back for...?

And it certainly delights me to hear you continually reference anger.You clearly are projecting your own emotions, and I would hope that you'd be so angry you'll never blatantly lie again.

Where would this be, exactly.....or are you (once again) confusing me with another...?

So what? Nothing to me. But you are claiming that Islam worships Satan because Allah is "lord of all created beings," the idiocy of such a claim being obvious.

I proved this with the Arabic definition for 'allah'....which has the term being derived from the same exact root word as other pagan Arab false gods.

Apple7

Which, even with your near constant refusal to give sources, I've been doing. And the results I come back with, my sources provided of course, contradict you and show that you falsify information. That's busch league.

I provide numerous sources, from my nearly 20 years of research.

You, on the other hand, google your responses within minutes...showing your shallow depth of understanding...

You have yet to show anything besides that Allah is lord of all created beings. Nobody sane will take that definition as meaning "Satan."

I have provided numerous other examples...but you 'need more time' to understand them...

God is watching. He hears when you call him Satan. He hears you when you show intolerance of gays, Catholics, muslims, Jews, and anyone else that doesn't hold an exclusionist worldview. I hope your sins are worth the torture

Spoken like a true muslim...

Apple7

To everyone but you, "lord of all created beings" and "lord of all creation" do not refer to Satan. Jinn are created beings, as with man, and angels, and animals, and anything else.

But apparently you think God is not lord over Satan and demons?

Why does the Koran have some suras narrated by, and named after, demons...?

You make YECs look knowledgeable

As compared to followers of islam...

1God4all

BANNED
Banned
Your 'allah' is Satan.

Is that a little clearer....?
Crystal.

You mean those googled 'wiki sources' that anyone with an internet link can edit.....that is not research...
I'll be happy to show you scholarly sources. For future reference though, wikipedia has a 97.5% accuracy rate. Also I referenced wiki exactly twice on this thread. But it's no problem.

What is your method of research? I seem to remember you saying Muslims believe in the Holy Trinity.....Ironic, since you'd probably be executed in Saudi Arabia for saying that. You know good research clearly. I'll stick to the scholarly sources I find using Google.

I proved this with the Arabic definition for 'allah'....which has the term being derived from the same exact root word as other pagan Arab false gods.
Since my own words mean nothing to you, I'll be posting quotes found via this webpage [http://www.plim.org/1Allah.html]. The creator of that webpage is Penny Warren, Assistant Dean at Northwestern University.

<<<<NOTE: if the link does not work, Google "is the word Allah similar to elohim" and the correct source is the first result>>>>

Introduction:

"The Hebrew title of God is "Elohim;" in Arabic it's "Allah." These two words for God have a common bond that most people don't understand. Both of these words have their origin in pagan deities of the ancient past."

On Commonality of Origin:

"Webster’s Dictionary gives the definition and etymology of Allah as follows. Allah is the Muslim name for "the God." Allah is derived from two words "al," which means "the" and "ilah," which is related to the feminine Hebrew word for God, "eloah."
Now the Hebrew title or name for God is 'Elohim' and it is the plural form of eloah. It is made plural by adding "im," which is masculine. This corresponds to adding "s" to make a word plural in English. So the commonality between Allah and Elohim is "eloah" and "ilah."

According the Huston Smith’s book The World’s Religions(p. 222), it states: "Allah is formed by joining the definite article al meaning ‘the’ with Ilah (God). Literally, Allah means ‘The God.’ … When the masculine plural ending im is dropped from the Hebrew word for God, Elohim, the two words sound much alike." Eloah (Hebrew feminine) is similar to Ilah (God). Both Elohim and Allah are titles and not names."

On 'Elohim' being derived from Canaanite theology:

""Elohim, the plural of the Hebrew word eloha, "god," a lengthened form of the Canaanite word el (Aramaic alaha; Arabic ilah), is most frequently used for the God of Israel in the Old Testament. … The Israelites probably borrowed the Canaanite plural noun elohim and made it singular in meaning in their cultic practices and theological reflections (The New Encyclopaiedia Britannica, Micropaedia, Vol. III, 15th Edition, p. 863).""

On Etymology of Allah:

"Encyclopedia Britannica Micropedia (Vol. 1; p. 250) states the following about Allah: "Etymologically, Allah is probably a contraction of the Arabic al-ilahh, "the God," although the Aramaic Alaha has also been proposed. The origin of the name can be traced to the earliest Semitic writings in which the word for god was Il or El, the latter bring in the Old Testament synonym for Yahweh. Known to Arabs even in pre-Islamic times, Allah is standard Arabic for God And is used by Arab Christians as well as Muslims.""

Who is Allah?:

"Allaah is the Arabic word for 'one God,' the same as Eloh in Armaic. Allaah is not God of Muslims only. He is God of all creations, because He is their Creator and Sustainer." (From the Daar-ul-Ehsaan USA site, "The Most Frequently Asked Questions About Islaam," http://www.daar-ul-ehsaan.org/faq.HTM#Allaah)

Conclusion:

"Although the etymology of Allah and Aleim (Elohim) is inconclusive, it is clear that the Jews, Christians, and Arabs are worshipping the same God or "All in All." None of these religions would deny that there is ONE source of life, regardless of what names or title The Creator is called. Innumerable names can be attributed to the Most High."

How's that for some quality research?

Last edited:

CherubRam

Crystal.

I'll be happy to show you scholarly sources. For future reference though, wikipedia has a 97.5% accuracy rate. Also I referenced wiki exactly twice on this thread. But it's no problem.

What is your method of research? I seem to remember you saying Muslims believe in the Holy Trinity.....Ironic, since you'd probably be executed in Saudi Arabia for saying that. You know good research clearly. I'll stick to the scholarly sources I find using Google.

Since my own words mean nothing to you, I'll be posting quotes found via this webpage [http://www.plim.org/1Allah.html]. The creator of that webpage is Penny Warren, Assistant Dean at Northwestern University.

Introduction:

"The Hebrew title of God is "Elohim;" in Arabic it's "Allah." These two words for God have a common bond that most people don't understand. Both of these words have their origin in pagan deities of the ancient past."

"Webster’s Dictionary gives the definition and etymology of Allah as follows. Allah is the Muslim name for "the God." Allah is derived from two words "al," which means "the" and "ilah," which is related to the feminine Hebrew word for God, "eloah."
Now the Hebrew title or name for God is 'Elohim' and it is the plural form of eloah. It is made plural by adding "im," which is masculine. This corresponds to adding "s" to make a word plural in English. So the commonality between Allah and Elohim is "eloah" and "ilah."

According the Huston Smith’s book The World’s Religions (p. 222), it states: "Allah is formed by joining the definite article al meaning ‘the’ with Ilah (God). Literally, Allah means ‘The God.’ … When the masculine plural ending im is dropped from the Hebrew word for God, Elohim, the two words sound much alike." Eloah (Hebrew feminine) is similar to Ilah (God). Both Elohim and Allah are titles and not names."

""Elohim, the plural of the Hebrew word eloha, "god," a lengthened form of the Canaanite word el (Aramaic alaha; Arabic ilah), is most frequently used for the God of Israel in the Old Testament. … The Israelites probably borrowed the Canaanite plural noun elohim and made it singular in meaning in their cultic practices and theological reflections (The New Encyclopaiedia Britannica, Micropaedia, Vol. III, 15th Edition, p. 863).""

On Etymology of Allah:

"Encyclopedia Britannica Micropedia (Vol. 1; p. 250) states the following about Allah: "Etymologically, Allah is probably a contraction of the Arabic al-ilahh, "the God," although the Aramaic Alaha has also been proposed. The origin of the name can be traced to the earliest Semitic writings in which the word for god was Il or El, the latter bring in the Old Testament synonym for Yahweh. Known to Arabs even in pre-Islamic times, Allah is standard Arabic for God And is used by Arab Christians as well as Muslims.""

Who is Allah?:

"Allaah is the Arabic word for 'one God,' [/I]the same as Eloh in Armaic.[/I] Allaah is not God of Muslims only. He is God of all creations, because He is their Creator and Sustainer." (From the Daar-ul-Ehsaan USA site, "The Most Frequently Asked Questions About Islaam," http://www.daar-ul-ehsaan.org/faq.HTM#Allaah)

Conclusion:

"Although the etymology of Allah and Aleim (Elohim) is inconclusive, it is clear that the Jews, Christians, and Arabs are worshipping the same God or "All in All." None of these religions would deny that there is ONE source of life, regardless of what names or title The Creator is called. Innumerable names can be attributed to the Most High."

There is no person named elohiym, it is a title. There is no person named eloah, it is also a title. Yahwah is the only personal name of our creator. Allah and Yahwah are not the same name in the same or different language. There is no relationship between the two names.

1God4all

BANNED
Banned
There is no person named elohiym, it is a title. There is no person named eloah, it is also a title. Yahwah is the only personal name of our creator. Allah and Yahwah are not the same name in the same or different language. There is no relationship between the two names.

Your first three statements are confirmed by the source. How about you click on the link and let the Assistant Dean of one of the country's most prestigious universities teach you something?

CherubRam

Your first three statements are confirmed by the source. How about you click on the link and let the Assistant Dean of one of the country's most prestigious universities teach you something?

A title is not a personal name. Why does that elude you?

1God4all

BANNED
Banned
A title is not a personal name. Why does that elude you?

I misunderstood you originally, my apologies.

There are problems with the word Yahweh. Since Judaism did not allow for it to be spoken by humans, we don't actually know the proper pronunciation. This is why some Bibles have 'Jehovah' in place of Yahweh. There are various other pronunciations like Yahowa and Yahwah.

As you're well aware YHWH is a more accurate way to represent God's personal name. We can determine the meaning of YHWH by examining Exodus 3:14-15

14 And God said unto Moses: 'I AM THAT I AM'; and He said: 'Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel: I AM hath sent me unto you.'
15 And God said moreover unto Moses: 'Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel: YHWH, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you; this is My name for ever, and this is My memorial unto all generations.

YHWH is derived from the Hebrew verb haya meaning "to be," and the italicized words above have been used to define YHWH as "He is" or "He will be."

HoWa or is a word used often in the Quran to refer to God in the same way that 'He' is used in English Bibles.

So now we have a word each from both the Quran and Torah meaning roughly the same thing. Haya and howa are clearly similar in structure as well. Additionally, howa fits neatly into one of the accepted pronunciations of God's personal name, Yahowah.

Look at these two words side by side.

Defined as:
YHWH -- He is
HoWa -- He

Even before taking into account that the true pronunciation of YHWH has been forever lost to history, there is very strong evidence that HoWa is the Arabic equivalent of YHWH. This small change in spelling is consistent with the transition seen of the Hebrew 'Eloha' to the Arabic 'Allah'

CherubRam

I misunderstood you originally, my apologies.

There are problems with the word Yahweh. Since Judaism did not allow for it to be spoken by humans, we don't actually know the proper pronunciation. This is why some Bibles have 'Jehovah' in place of Yahweh. There are various other pronunciations like Yahowa and Yahwah.

As you're well aware YHWH is a more accurate way to represent God's personal name. We can determine the meaning of YHWH by examining Exodus 3:14-15

14 And God said unto Moses: 'I AM THAT I AM'; and He said: 'Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel: I AM hath sent me unto you.'
15 And God said moreover unto Moses: 'Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel: YHWH, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you; this is My name for ever, and this is My memorial unto all generations.

YHWH is derived from the Hebrew verb haya meaning "to be," and the italicized words above have been used to define YHWH as "He is" or "He will be."

HoWa or is a word used often in the Quran to refer to God in the same way that 'He' is used in English Bibles.

So now we have a word each from both the Quran and Torah meaning roughly the same thing. Haya and howa are clearly similar in structure as well. Additionally, howa fits neatly into one of the accepted pronunciations of God's personal name, Yahowah.

Look at these two words side by side.

Defined as:
YHWH -- He is
HoWa -- He

Even before taking into account that the true pronunciation of YHWH has been forever lost to history, there is very strong evidence that HoWa is the Arabic equivalent of YHWH. This small change in spelling is consistent with the transition seen of the Hebrew 'Eloha' to the Arabic 'Allah'

Yahuah=Yahwah. Hebrew did not have an e vowel until about 200AD. In Hebrew howa means evil. There is no vowel between Yah and Wah.

Apple7

I'll be happy to show you scholarly sources.

Then do it...

For future reference though, wikipedia has a 97.5% accuracy rate. Also I referenced wiki exactly twice on this thread. But it's no problem.

According to.....?

What is your method of research?

Exegesis.

I seem to remember you saying Muslims believe in the Holy Trinity.....

No.

I said that the authors of the Koran state The Trinity, repeatedly.

Muslims follow islam...they don't follow their Koran.

Ironic, since you'd probably be executed in Saudi Arabia for saying that.

Are you planning on doing that...?

You know good research clearly. I'll stick to the scholarly sources I find using Google.

You're lazy...what else would I expect...?

Apple7

<<<<NOTE: if the link does not work, Google "is the word Allah similar to elohim" and the correct source is the first result>>>>

Introduction:

According the Huston Smith’s book The World’s Religions(p. 222), it states: "Allah is formed by joining the definite article al meaning ‘the’ with Ilah (God). Literally, Allah means ‘The God.’ … When the masculine plural ending im is dropped from the Hebrew word for God, Elohim, the two words sound much alike." Eloah (Hebrew feminine) is similar to Ilah (God). Both Elohim and Allah are titles and not names."

On Etymology of Allah:

Who is Allah?:

"Allaah is the Arabic word for 'one God,' the same as Eloh in Armaic. Allaah is not God of Muslims only. He is God of all creations, because He is their Creator and Sustainer." (From the Daar-ul-Ehsaan USA site, "The Most Frequently Asked Questions About Islaam," http://www.daar-ul-ehsaan.org/faq.HTM#Allaah)

Conclusion:

This googled garbage is wrong on so many counts....but you lapped it up like a kitten and a saucer of milk.

What a liberal....rolfolol!

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Allah Islam Muslim
Allah is not Yahwah

Allah is a phase of the sun, translation "The Dawn", interpretation: Morning Star or Rising Sun. Allah is the contracted form from Alilah, {Al il ah} and the transliteral is this: The/god/ascends. The reason for the confusion is because the word "Allah" is borrowed from the Chaldean language. It is not an Aramaic word. More than two thousand years ago the Aramaic word for God was El, and "Elah," and “Il” and “Ilah,” which means “God” and “The God."

Note: Aramaic and ancient Hebrew did not use the letter e for a vowel.

As tradition has it, it was Abraham and Ishmael that built the Kaaba as a house for Elohiym, but as time went on other gods were introduced and placed in the Kaaba. Now when Elohiym was in the Kaaba pantheon, there came the King of Moab called Balak; and it was Balak who wanted the prophet Balaam to ask Elohiym to curse the Jews, but Elohiym refused to curse the Jews.

(For more info see Numbers 22 through 24:25 in the bible)

At some point in time afterward, Elohiym, the God of Abraham was cast out of the Kaaba by the Arabic people, and His name was cursed and not to be ever spoken. During that time Chemosh was made the head of the Pantheon in the Kaaba. Chemosh means Highest Power, and is also a phase of the sun at midday; it is Allah who becomes Chemosh at midday.

And so Mohammed did not know the name of the God of Abraham. What Arabs have forgotten, is that because the Hebrews and Arabs are descendants of Abraham, they both had spoken the same language at one time.

The New Testament scripture of Matthew 22:37 repeat’s Deut. 6:5. If this verse were represented in Hebrew, it would, show YHWH, not Allah as the one you should love as the God of you. The translations clearly show that LORD is a substitute for the word Yahwah.

Jesus is reported to have cried out in Aramaic: ELOI, ELOI, LAMA SABACHTHANI? If Allah was valid, how come Jesus called out in Aramaic "Eloi;" Although those who have translated the Bible into Arabic used Allah as a term for God.

According to The New Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible, the definition of Eloi is as follows: Eloi is of Aramaic origin, and is the Aramaic phrase "my God". God has many name titles, but Yahwah is the only "true" personal name of God.

Note: Babylonia, Babylonian: ( Bavili / Babili ) in the Akkadian language of the time, meant "Gate of the gods." Babili, a contracted word for "gate of the gods"; ending in "li", forming a double "LL" sound for the word "gods".

Using Ahmed Deedat's booklet, "What is His Name." On page 25 of Deedat's book, he gives a list of the names of deities in Hebrew, English, and Arabic.

He claims that Elah, a Hebrew Bible name, is the same as ILAH in Arabic. There is just one problem. Nowhere in the Hebrew Bible is Elah the name of God. It is the name of a man and the name of an oak tree.
(Pictorial Ency. of the Bible, Zondervan, Grand Rapids, MI, USA, Vol. 5.)

"Elah" means "gods above" in the old Aramaic. We are grateful to Ahmed Deedat who has helped us identify Allah by admitting that "ILAH" is the root name for Allah.

The complete name of Allah before it is contracted is "AL-ILAH."
(Hitti, Philip, History of The Arabs, London, 1950 , 8 ,) "ILAH" is the masculine root word for Allah, or "god", in Arabic. "AL ILAT" is the feminine resulting in Allat.
All translations are a betrayal.
To offer a short example, Jesus was described in the gospels as offering "a ransom for many."

While many believers actually think the verse refers to his sacrificial death on the cross, the real translation of the word is related to being freed from captivity.

Does it have anything to do about payment for our sins?

It almost certainly does not have this meaning in Mark.

The Greek word refers to the payment made to liberate captives, as in war, or slaves from debt slavery.

The word is "lutron" and it refers to bondage, not sin.

But tell that to the readers and moderators on this board and you will eventually be prevented from posting.

These folks cannot yet believe the Good News that the Devil has already lost and God is in control.

"I saw Satan fall from the sky like lightning from Heaven."

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Egypt will be at peace with Israel and it will come by conversion. There will be a cruel Moslem ruler that they will reject and will turn to Jehovah.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Egypt will be at peace with Israel and it will come by conversion. There will be a cruel Moslem ruler that they will reject and will turn to Jehovah.

In that day shall there be an altar to Jehovah in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar at the border thereof to Jehovah. And it shall be for a sign and for a witness unto Jehovah of hosts in the land of Egypt; for they shall cry unto Jehovah because of oppressors, and he will send them a saviour, and a defender, and he will deliver them. And Jehovah shall be known to Egypt, and the Egyptians shall know Jehovah in that day; yea, they shall worship with sacrifice and oblation, and shall vow a vow unto Jehovah, and shall perform it. (*Isaiah‬ *19‬:*19-21‬ ASV)