"|all you have to do is believe in Jesus".. Huh?

God's Truth

No, I do understand. I said if you have commited a sin more than ONCE you should have cut your eye out. Have you ever looked at something more than once and knew it wasn't right? So on the 2nd time you should have cut your eye out. You may say well I repented of it or confessed it. If you did the first time but sinned again a 2nd you may do it a 3rd. Cut it out, according to what Jesus said if you take it literally. No, he is meaning whatever the sin is cut yourself totally off from it. Don't even play or get near the thing that may cause you to sin. If you love women, stay out of a strip club!

I do not sin like I did before I was saved. You keep mocking Jesus in your ignorance to what he means.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No this means salvation is not of ourselves. Periord. Let's ready the 1st seven scriptures to put this statement in context.

1. As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins,

What were we? Dead.

2. in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient.

What did we used to do? What we see the world doing now? What caused them to be this way. The spirit of disobedience.

3.All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our fles and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath.

Simple, we were all that way.

4. But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy,

God is SO loving, and merciful to us.

5. made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.

God MADE us alive with Christ when were DEAD IN TRANSGRESSIONS(not once we started being obedient) it is by grace we have been saved. What grace are we receiving if we make ourselves alive what did God do? If we make ourselves alive why did Christ have to come? We can do it ourselves. What is the purpose of CHRIST?

6. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,

Once again God raising us up. We are not raising ourselves.

7. in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus.

Once again so that GOD may get the glory in how kind He is toward us by giving us Christ Jesus.

8. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God

So that we can't boast about a thing. Not even our obedience to God. It's because of Christ doing it that we can obtain to real heart obedience and not just outwardly. Now where was ceremonial works in the context we just read?

Excellent Post.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
That means we did not have to do the ceremonial works.

We did not talk God into it, for God made the plan for salvation to be through Jesus before He created the world.

You silly woman. The gentiles were NEVER under the Law. You're
annoying posters. If you were a phone I'd say: "Hang up!"

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I can give you scripture to everything that I preach. However, you try to dismiss those scriptures by saying, "That is not to us", and "That was before the DBR".

You have all kinds of excuses why YOU WON"T BELIEVE AND OBEY JESUS.

Well, that's because you, like many around here, don't
know how to, "Rightly Divide" the Scriptures. Therefore,
you're left with confusion and misinterpretation.

Ben Masada

1 - I'm not here to be against you. If they don't think we should repent of sins then they don't either sin anymore or they don't know what repent means.

2 - Being saved means you will obey. Obedience will not save you.

3 - That's why the Jews weren't saved. They didn't have what was needed on the inside to obey. It was only outwardly.

4 - It's more like you will stay saved not if you obey me, but you will obey me. That's apart of salvation. That's the package. True salvation breeds obedience, but not only that, love, patience, kindness, long suffering, temperance, and soooo much more. God is too good not to get the worse sinner's attention. God is a warrior! Every knee will bow and confess that Jesus is Lord to the glory of God the Father!

1 - Either way, they are wrong. First, there has never been a man upon earth who has never sinned and that includes Jesus who was a man upon earth and he did sin.(Eccl. 7:20) And second, repentance is return to the obedience of the Law. One can never claim not to know. (Isa. 1:18,19)

2 - Here, you contradict yourself. You define salvation with obedience and, at the same time, obedience won't save you.

3 - Salvation is not for the Jews but "from" the Jews. Wasn't so what Jesus said? (John 4:22) BTW, that's about universal salvation from universal catastrophes of the size of the Flood. That's free salvation that comes from the Jews. The other kind of salvation is personal salvation which is not free. We all must obey to be saved.

4 - Nevertheless a scribe once asked Jesus about the most important of all the commandments and Jesus responded with the Shema when God is described as absolutely One and the only Lord. (Mark 12:29) It means that God is the only Lord of all glory and the commandment is broken when lordship is attributed to another.

Last edited:

Soodanim

You will die in your sins with the heathen.

Wow. Utterly sinful response. Try to exhibit some love and grace.

In fact, that poster only expressed what James did only using slightly different terminology. Luther understood what James was saying and didn't try to reconcile it to what he thought Paul was saying (as many do today), hence he called James' letter an epistle of straw.

But the fact is that the Bible says that faith without deeds cannot save you, because a faith without deeds is dead.

The good works that faith doesn't need are the works of the Law that many Judaizers claimed converts needed; by good works (that are not needed alongside faith) Paul was not referring to good (or righteous) deeds. Once this distinction is grasped, the issue becomes clearer.

But please grow past using such invective against people you disagree with. Those are not Christian words, certainly not mature ones.

glorydaz

Wow. Utterly sinful response. Try to exhibit some love and grace.

In fact, that poster only expressed what James did only using slightly different terminology. Luther understood what James was saying and didn't try to reconcile it to what he thought Paul was saying (as many do today), hence he called James' letter an epistle of straw.

But the fact is that the Bible says that faith without deeds cannot save you, because a faith without deeds is dead.

The good works that faith doesn't need are the works of the Law that many Judaizers claimed converts needed; by good works (that are not needed alongside faith) Paul was not referring to good (or righteous) deeds. Once this distinction is grasped, the issue becomes clearer.

But please grow past using such invective against people you disagree with. Those are not Christian words, certainly not mature ones.

Are you God's UNtruth in disguise? :think:

glorydaz

What does that even mean?

It means you are preaching the same nonsense God's UNtruth does. Show me where Paul is talking about the works law being works of righteousness. Read it....read it right here. I see no circumcision or various washings. I do see the "washing of regeneration"....nothing there concerning the law.

Titus 3:1-4
Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work, To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men. For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another. But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,​

Titus 3:5-6
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;​

Soodanim

It means you are preaching the same nonsense God's UNtruth does. Show me where Paul is talking about the works law being works of righteousness. Read it....read it right here. I see no circumcision or various washings. I do see the "washing of regeneration"....nothing there concerning the law.

Titus 3:1-4

Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work, To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men. For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another. But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,​

Titus 3:5-6

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;​

I never said Paul doesn't speak of good deeds. But he speaks pejoratively of 'good works' in regards to people thinking they will be saved by subscribing to them; by that technical phrase he refers to the identifying markers of Judaism that were being pushed on Gentile converts. But when he and other writers are mentioning (positively) good actions, the phrase should be rendered 'good deeds' (or something similar (and not confused with the 'good works' considered injurious to saving faith.

Try to respond graciously.

glorydaz

I never said Paul doesn't speak of good deeds. But he speaks pejoratively of 'good works' in regards to people thinking they will be saved by subscribing to them; by that technical phrase he refers to the identifying markers of Judaism that were being pushed on Gentile converts. But when he and other writers are mentioning (positively) good actions, the phrase should be rendered 'good deeds' (or something similar (and not confused with the 'good works' considered injurious to saving faith.

Try to respond graciously.

This is as gracious as you'll get until you stop thinking so highly of yourself. :)

No, Paul was not speaking "pejoratively" of good works when he says "Not by works of righteousness" but according to His mercy He saves us. "Not of works that any man should boast"....not of ourselves. It's hardly a pejorative that we are created in Christ Jesus unto "good works", although they do not save us. Just try to take the verse at it's face value instead of reading your own understanding into it.

Eph. 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.​

Soodanim

This is as gracious as you'll get until you stop thinking so highly of yourself. :)

No, Paul was not speaking "pejoratively" of good works when he says "Not by works of righteousness" but according to His mercy He saves us. "Not of works that any man should boast"....not of ourselves. It's hardly a pejorative that we are created in Christ Jesus unto "good works", although they do not save us. Just try to take the verse at it's face value instead of reading your own understanding into it.

Eph. 2:8

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.​

Because I can't find a Christian to discuss with, I will leave it there.