"|all you have to do is believe in Jesus".. Huh?

republicanchick

so many so called Christians say that all you have to do is believe... always pointing to those psgs that seem to say this.. just believe stuff

well, if you really believe Jesus..

if you really, really believe in Him.. you will do what He says

He said this Himself

"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments"

Also see:

James 2:14

"Faith without works is dead"

__

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I did not get from that who or which you believed, Christ or your works?

How long are you gunna keep up these works? they haven't saved you so far...will another 10 years of works save you?

When you lay on your death bed will you have done enough?

turbosixx

so many so called Christians say that all you have to do is believe... always pointing to those psgs that seem to say this.. just believe stuff

He said this Himself

Also see:

__

It takes more than mere belief. It takes belief that causes action. That is what it means to believe. Saved by "faith alone" is a scheme of the devil. Just as he told Adam and Eve they would NOT surely die, today he says "faith without works is NOT dead."

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
By the way I think you are very proud to think you can do something that will save you....your sins cry to heaven, God demands that you die for your sins.

You say "Lord, Lord, did I not do this? and did I not do that?" but God roars and says "Your sins, your sins...you shall surely die"

"But, but Lord you came and preached in our streets"

"Your sins, your sins...you must die for your sins, the wages of sin is death"

Yes the wages of sins is death, I'm so glad that Jesus died for me

turbosixx

By the way I think you are very proud to think you can do something that will save you....your sins cry to heaven, God demands that you die for your sins.

You say "Lord, Lord, did I not do this? and did I not do that?" but God roars and says "Your sins, your sins...you shall surely die"

"But, but Lord you came and preached in our streets"

"Your sins, your sins...you must die for your sins, the wages of sin is death"

Yes the wages of sins is death, I'm so glad that Jesus died for me

Yes, Jesus did for us what we COULD NOT do, does that free us from doing what we can do? Are we free to do nothing?

john w

Hall of Fame

He said this Himself...

"..sell all that thou hast,.."- Luke 18:22 KJV

Do it.

I thought so.

Another fraud "argument."

Daniel1611

People seem to think that if they follow some if the commandments that they're doing such great things, above and beyond everyone else. Wrong. If you obey every single commandment all the time and do everything the Bible says, you're at zero. You're doing what you are commanded to do. What reward shall a man have for doing the work he was hired to do? When you go to work and do your job, your boss doesn't go out of his way to praise you because you are doing what he said to.

Likewise, if you do everything that the Bible says to do, you aren't going above and beyond. You are doing the minimum commanded. And no one does even that much. If you aren't saved by faith alone, then you aren't saved.

turbosixx

People seem to think that if they follow some if the commandments that they're doing such great things, above and beyond everyone else. Wrong. If you obey every single commandment all the time and do everything the Bible says, you're at zero. You're doing what you are commanded to do. What reward shall a man have for doing the work he was hired to do? When you go to work and do your job, your boss doesn't go out of his way to praise you because you are doing what he said to.

Likewise, if you do everything that the Bible says to do, you aren't going above and beyond. You are doing the minimum commanded. And no one does even that much. If you aren't saved by faith alone, then you aren't saved.

"by faith alone"

"not by faith alone"

One is a direct quote from scripture and one is not. Which one should be believe? I'll take scripture.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It takes more than mere belief. It takes belief that causes action. That is what it means to believe. Saved by "faith alone" is a scheme of the devil. Just as he told Adam and Eve they would NOT surely die, today he says "faith without works is NOT dead."

You will die in your sins with the heathen.

Daniel1611

"by faith alone"

"not by faith alone"

One is a direct quote from scripture and one is not. Which one should be believe? I'll take scripture.

So what you're saying is you have and do obey every commandment at all times without fail? If it's not faith alone, you best be sinless. If you break the law in one point, you are guilty of all.

turbosixx

So what you're saying is you have and do obey every commandment at all times without fail? If it's not faith alone, you best be sinless. If you break the law in one point, you are guilty of all.

That's not the way I understand it.

As Christians we are live the best we can as Christ our example. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

We are human so we will sin. 8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

But in Christ, we have his blood that cleanses us of our sin. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

We can not obey every commandment and be sinless, that's why it's grace. Once in Christ, are we free to do nothing?

Daniel1611

As Christians we are live the best we can as Christ our example. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

We are human so we will sin. 8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

But in Christ, we have his blood that cleanses us of our sin. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

We can not obey every commandment and be sinless, that's why it's grace. Once in Christ, are we free to do nothing?

So you don't have to follow Jesus's commandments to be saved? Which is it?

Works salvation doesnt even make sense. You need the obedience to be saved, but if you aren't obedient then you're still forgiven and saved? It doesn't make sense. It's by faith alone, not of works and not of ourselves. It is the gift of God.

glorydaz

There is only one way to be free from sin and that necessitates our being delivered from the law. Which is why we are no longer under the law but under grace. Sin is transgression of the law and the wages of sin is death.

Romans 6:6-7
Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin.​

It is the Holy Spirit that does His work in us after we obey the Gospel and believe. That's our job ....to believe. Then we rest while God performs the conforming of us into the image of Jesus Christ. Get out of His way and stop worrying about "sin". Our Lord dealt with that already.

turbosixx

There is only one way to be free from sin and that necessitates our being delivered from the law. Which is why we are no longer under the law but under grace. Sin is transgression of the law and the wages of sin is death.

Romans 6:6-7
Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin.​

It is the Holy Spirit that does His work in us after we obey the Gospel and believe. That's our job ....to believe. Then we rest while God performs the conforming of us into the image of Jesus Christ. Get out of His way and stop worrying about "sin". Our Lord dealt with that already.

I would suggest to you that in Romans Paul is speaking about dying to the Mosaical law that had no provision for the forgiveness of sins. That is why one has to die to the law of Moses in order to live in Christ. We can't follow both.

Once in Christ, are we free to live as we choose?

turbosixx

So you don't have to follow Jesus's commandments to be saved? Which is it?

Works salvation doesnt even make sense. You need the obedience to be saved, but if you aren't obedient then you're still forgiven and saved? It doesn't make sense. It's by faith alone, not of works and not of ourselves. It is the gift of God.

I think you miss understood what I meant. I don't believe in works salvation in that we earn salvation through our works.

I don't know if you realize you did this, but if you look at the passage you quoted, you ADDED to God's word because alone is not there.

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Yes, we are saved by faith, but faith alone or faith that works? It says, "not by works", it doesn't say without works. Our works can't save us but can we be saved without them?

14What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them?

Last edited:

Daniel1611

I think you miss understood what I meant. I don't believe in works salvation in that we earn salvation through our works.

I don't know if you realize you did this, but if you look at the passage you quoted, you ADDED to God's word because alone is not there.

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Yes, we are saved by faith, but faith alone or faith that works? It says, "not by works", it doesn't say without works. Our works can't save us but can we be saved without them?

14What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them?

Paul said to him that worketh not but believeth, his faith is counted to him for righteousness.

I'm all for good works, but including then in salvation is basically works salvation.

turbosixx

Paul said to him that worketh not but believeth, his faith is counted to him for righteousness.

I'm all for good works, but including then in salvation is basically works salvation.

I would suggest you are missing the point Paul is making in Romans when he contrast works and faith.

28For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

He says works of the law. You have to ask yourself, is he talking about law in general or a specific law (Mosaical)?

Jews who became Christians wanted to keep the law of Moses but Paul is telling them that the law brings about death because it had no provision to remove sin.

8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. 3 For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin,

If you can show me in context that Paul is not talking about the law of Moses, then I will believe that works contribute nothing.

Tell me, what did the one talent man do wrong to be sent to hell?

Matt. 25:28 Therefore take away the talent from him, and give it to the one who has the ten talents.'...... 30 Throw out the worthless slave into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Romans 3:21-22 KJV, Romans 4:24-25 KJV

He said this Himself

Matthew 15:24 KJV
Also see:

James 1:1 KJV