Abortion. The United States of America.

john w

Hall of Fame
Not sure what you are taking to achieve those heavenly places. You've not been able to engage in any kind of rational discussion. I stand by the principle I stated, and I think you will find it is commonly held.

Stuart
Translation: Sound byte, cliches.
you cannot tell anyone else what they can do regarding their own bodies...

Keep on defending the above argument, and see TOL laugh, Forest.

Sure we can, and do.

Thanks for checkin' in.

Stuu

Translation: Sound byte, cliches.

Sure we can, and do.

Thanks for checkin' in.
I have no doubt a proportion of ToL will laugh. That says more about ToL than my claim.

Stuart

Bradley D

This is what you tell her.
http://americanrtl.org/abortion-rape-exception.

What About Bodily Autonomy? If there were no God requiring parents to care for their children, then abortion would not be wrong. You lose bodily autonomy when you become a parent. And a man and woman become parents when the woman conceives. As a parent, for your child to survive both in and out of the womb, he will require your physical body. He or she will also require your emotions and finances, again both in and out of the womb, for survival and well-being. Killing your child at any time is wrong. Any parent who does not want parental responsibility might find another person to transfer the responsibility to, but they are not free to kill their child.

-http://americanrtl.org/personhood-talking-points

For me it is still seems hard to tell the victim that I believe God wants you to have that baby. I have read/heard of women who did not get abortions and had the child. I have a lot of respect for them.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
DO NOT GET AN ABORTION. Abortion is against God's Law. It is the taking of an innocent life, a life a child a fetus in the womb.

Shalom.

Jacob

Stuu

Sure we can, and do.

Thanks for checkin' in.
You can't tell anyone else what they can do regarding their own bodies, when it comes to medical consent.

The government will, and should, tell people what they can't do with their own bodies in the cases I described. But not when it comes to medical consent. There is only one person who can decide what happens to the medical procedures to be performed, or not, and that is the person whose body it is.

I stand by that completely, in the face of anyone who would deny medical consent. And I say again, if you don't believe in medical consent then I will come round to your house and take your liver should I ever need one. After all, you don't believe in medical consent.

Stuart

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You can't tell anyone else what they can do regarding their own bodies, when it comes to medical consent.

The government will, and should, tell people what they can't do with their own bodies in the cases I described. But not when it comes to medical consent. There is only one person who can decide what happens to the medical procedures to be performed, or not, and that is the person whose body it is.

So when does the baby get to say that he doesn't want to be chopped up and suctioned out of mom's womb? Oh wait, that's right, you prefer the murderer/abortionist kill the baby before he can defend himself.

I stand by that completely, in the face of anyone who would deny medical consent. And I say again, if you don't believe in medical consent then I will come round to your house and take your liver should I ever need one. After all, you don't believe in medical consent.

Stuart

The point is, Stuart, that the baby never gives consent to be killed, therefore by your own argument, abortion should be prohibited.

Plus all the other reasons given in the links in this post:

This is what you tell her.
http://americanrtl.org/abortion-rape-exception.

What About Bodily Autonomy? If there were no God requiring parents to care for their children, then abortion would not be wrong. You lose bodily autonomy when you become a parent. And a man and woman become parents when the woman conceives. As a parent, for your child to survive both in and out of the womb, he will require your physical body. He or she will also require your emotions and finances, again both in and out of the womb, for survival and well-being. Killing your child at any time is wrong. Any parent who does not want parental responsibility might find another person to transfer the responsibility to, but they are not free to kill their child.

-http://americanrtl.org/personhood-talking-points

Stuu

So when does the baby get to say that he doesn't want to be chopped up and suctioned out of mom's womb? Oh wait, that's right, you prefer the murderer/abortionist kill the baby before he can defend himself.

The point is, Stuart, that the baby never gives consent to be killed, therefore by your own argument, abortion should be prohibited.

Plus all the other reasons given in the links in this post:
And what about the rights of the woman when the foetus is murdering her? Would you call that murder too? If not, why not?

Stuart

john w

Hall of Fame

You did not argue that...You argued:

you cannot tell anyone else what they can do regarding their own bodies...

That is slick, sport...Real slick...Moving the goalposts.

Sure we can, and do.

Thanks for checkin' in.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Shalom.

Today is Revi'i (Fourth) 12-27. It is Yom, Day.

There are no exceptions. No abortion is okay when fill in the blank...

Shalom.

Jacob
That's what the article at the link is saying.

Stuu

You did not argue that...You argued:

That is slick, sport...Real slick...Moving the goalposts.

Sure we can, and do.

Thanks for checkin' in.
Both those statements contain that same phrase. For what it is worth, my advice is to just keep smoking the stuff and try not to vote if you can help it.

Stuart

Stuu

So there is a percentage of ectopic pregnancies that will result in the death of the woman inless the foetus is intentionally killed. If this abortion is ok, why not any 'intentional' abortion?

By the way, your cited website uses the term 'child' incorrectly. A child is a human being between birth and puberty. The words it should use are zygote, embryo or foetus, depending on the stage of development.

Stuart

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So there is a percentage of ectopic pregnancies that will result in the death of the woman inless the foetus is intentionally killed. If this abortion is ok, why not any 'intentional' abortion?

No, not intentionally killed. If someone is dying, and cannot be saved, then there is nothing wrong with letting them die. It's not murder, it's not killing, it's simply allowing nature to take it's course. Intentionally stopping care for both (even if they are dying and can't be saved) to kill the baby or the mother is wrong.

By the way, your cited website uses the term 'child' incorrectly. A child is a human being between birth and puberty. The words it should use are zygote, embryo or foetus, depending on the stage of development.

Stuart

Nope.

ce173855e6355119f30c6653417c1a3d.jpg

Stuu

No, not intentionally killed. If someone is dying, and cannot be saved, then there is nothing wrong with letting them die. It's not murder, it's not killing, it's simply allowing nature to take it's course. Intentionally stopping care for both (even if they are dying and can't be saved) to kill the baby or the mother is wrong.
You don't know what an ectopic pregnancy is, do you.

So that's 'child' that's synonymous with 'newborn'.

Stuart

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You don't know what an ectopic pregnancy is, do you.

I do. What does that have to do with anything?

So that's 'child' that's synonymous with 'newborn'.

Stuart

Also means "a son or daughter of ... any ... age."

That includes in the womb.