ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The rights of the infant.

what's your justification for claiming that this has rights:

celebrity-newborn-photography-nyc-1024x679.jpg

and this doesn't?

week_37_605x380.jpg

glassjester

Why do you think a fetal child's life should not be protected by the law, but an infant's life should?

Again, because an infant does not imperil the rights of the mother

Which rights?

Privacy... from government intrusion/obtrusion.

why shouldn't she be able to just abandon [an infant], or kill it?

how is that not an infringement on her right to "Privacy... from government intrusion/obtrusion" :freak:

what's your justification for infringing on her rights?

The rights of the infant.

Big contradiction, here.

Quip says we must not protect the right to life of a fetus, because doing so would imperil the rights of the mother.

Yet, Quip justifies imperiling the rights of a mother, in order to protect the life of an infant.

Either "imperiling the rights of a mother" is sufficient cause to disregard another human life, or it isn't. You can't have it both ways.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Either "imperiling the rights of a mother" is sufficient cause to disregard another human life, or it isn't. You can't have it both ways.

quip doesn't recognize the unborn as human life - remember?

it's why i tried nailing him down on that particular point last year

he's like jello

quip

BANNED
Banned
Big contradiction, here.

Quip says we must not protect the right to life of a fetus, because doing so would imperil the rights of the mother.

Yet, Quip justifies imperiling the rights of a mother, in order to protect the life of an infant.

You're not imperiling the rights of the mother by protecting the vested rights of the infant.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Big contradiction, here.

The determining factor appears to be in which rights. Direct attachment to the woman's body is the line?

glassjester

A safe populace is a productive one; the state has a moral duty to protect its citizen from foreign and domestic threat.
Any more you can think of?

I think my right to life is unalienable. It does not depend on my being productive. Does it?