A Saviour unto Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanja

Ps 122:6

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee.

To pray for that Jerusalem which Paul called " That now is" here Gal 4:25

25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

It is only to pray for hagar and her children, a bunch of ishmaelites, who are not heirs, and who do not Love God, and God will not hear that prayer, for they have been cast out and cannot be heirs Gal 4:30

30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.

Who knows what Paul means when he writes in Vs 25 " Jerusalem which now is" ?

I believe this refers to the false Jerusalem; the false church, which follows a different gospel (Gal 1:7).
It's a perverted gospel which teaches that salvation is dependent on some kind of human effort
in conjunction with God's Grace, such as adding man's freewill action to the Sovereign Will of God.

Consequently, they are in bondage to satan's false religion, and will remain under the wrath of God until they die,
unless God grants them repentance (2 Tim. 2:25), as He does for all whom Christ died (Acts 5:31).

~~~~~

Truster

To understand the relationship Israel had and the ecclesia now have with Yah Veh you must transliterate the word from Hebrew. Instead of using Israel in should be Yisra'El which means Ruled of El in a covenant manner. That rule is no longer in place. The Ruled of El are now His children by the New Covenant.

Words, words, meaning and transliteration sheds light on so many things that otherwise confuse.

beloved57

nanja

I believe this refers to the false Jerusalem; the false church, which follows a different gospel (Gal 1:7).

That's is certainly True, however Paul is speaking about Israel, his kinsmen according to the flesh at that time, the national state of ethnic physical Israel.

It's a perverted gospel which teaches that salvation is dependent on some kind of human effort
in conjunction with God's Grace, such as adding man's freewill action to the Sovereign Will of God.

Consequently, they are in bondage to satan's false religion, and will remain under the wrath of God until they die,
unless God grants them repentance (2 Tim. 2:25), as He does for all whom Christ died (Acts 5:31).

That is certainly true as well ! Thanks !

Nanja

beloved57
Paul is speaking about Israel, his kinsmen according to the flesh at that time, the national state of ethnic physical Israel.

Yes, I understand. Thanks for pointing that out. ☺

beloved57

Who are the hagarites according to Gal 4 ? 4

Who are the hagarites according to Gal 4 ? 4

Another Truth as to who the Church of the Firstborn are, Its all whose Names are enrolled in Heaven Heb 12:23

23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

Look at Lk 10:20

20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

Technically those here are OT Saints from the perspective of time since at that particular time Christ spoke that to them, the New Covenant had not yet been confirmed by His Blood, but because their names were written in Heaven, they belonged to the Church of the Firstborn, which was He that spoke to them.

The same for Daniel 12:1

And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

Those written in the book, the same as those in Lk 10:20 are these here in Heb 12:23 the Church of the Firstborn, which of course are the same intimated here Rev 13:8;17:8

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

The OT Saints had Knowledge of this Book Moses Ex 32:32

32 Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written.

David Ps 139:16

16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

David Ps 69:28

28 Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.

Daniel Dan 12:1

And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

The Book here in Daniel is the Lambs Book of Life, The Firstborn, all Saints of all time belonged to the Church of the Firstborn, which is Christ and His Church Col 1:18

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

beloved57

Who are the hagarites according to Gal 4 ? 5

Who are the hagarites according to Gal 4 ? 5

Heb 12:22-24

22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

The Church of the Firstborn Christ, all of its members have the same Spiritual Hope of Christlikeness, remember David here an OT believer Ps 17:15

15 As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.

Its the same Hope as here Rom 8:29

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

The word image here is the word eikōn and means:

I.an image, figure, likeness
A.
an image of the things (the heavenly things)
i.
used of the moral likeness of renewed men to God

ii.
the image of the Son of God, into which true Christians are transformed, is likeness not only to the heavenly body, but also to the most holy and blessed state of mind, which Christ possesses

Notice Christ here is the Firstborn of many brethren, and David is one of those many brethren to be conformed to His Image and Likeness, so he is part of the Church of the firstborn.

This is True of all the Church of the firstborn 1 Cor 15:49

49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

That's what David looked to here Ps 17:15

15 As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.

David is speaking of Christ here, the Head of the Church Col 1:18

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

There is no other way that his Hope could be anywhere else ! David's Hope and all other OT Saints rested in a New Covenat reality in Christ 2 Cor 3:18

18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

So the Covenant with Christ had to be revealed to him 2 Sam 23:5

5 Although my house be not so with God; yet he hath made with me an everlasting covenant, ordered in all things, and sure: for this is all my salvation, and all my desire, although he make it not to grow.

That's where his desire here in Ps 17:15 is from ! Also remember Ps 27:4

One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple.

To behold the beauty of the Lord ! Remember Jesus prayed Jn 17:24

24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

Ps 25:14

14 The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.

Gal 3:17

17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

This speaks to a Covenant of God in Christ, who is the Firstborn of the Church Col 1:18; Heb 12:23

For Christ has always been God's Covenant with the People Isa 42:6

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

Which is the Covenant He shews to all who fear Him Ps 25:4, both in the OT and NT .

It was from this Covenant David had a hope of waking in God's Likeness Ps 17:15, which likeness is in the Firstborn of many brethren Rom 8:29 who is Christ the Head of the Church !

beloved57

Who are the hagarites according to Gal 4 ? 6

Who are the hagarites according to Gal 4 ? 6

Which is the Covenant He shews to all who fear Him Ps 25:4, both in the OT and NT .

Now exactly who are those that Fear Him ? There is another scripture I want to consider in this question "who are they that fear Him" that is Fear God Ps 103:11,17;Lk 1:50

11 For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.

17 But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;

Lk 1:50

50 And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.

Now lets be clear about something here, all men without exception, BY NATURE, jew or gentile DO NOT FEAR GOD, this Verse applies to every person born of a women Rom 3:18,19

18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

That's why the very next verse says this:

19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

In fact man in adam and eve in a state of innocence did not fear God !

Now behold a Mystery, all those Christ represented in the Everlasting Covenant, when He came upon the Earth a Covenant for the People, He did in the behalf of them, did Fear God, even from the womb, lets look back to Isa 42:6

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

As He being given a Covenant of the People [jew and gentiles], and as the Servant of the Lord Isa 42:1

Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

BTW He being the Elect, proves that those He was made a Covenant unto and represented were God's Elect as well !

But as that Elect Servant He was qualified here Isa 11:1-3

1And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:

2 And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord;

3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the Lord: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:

Notice please " the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord"

This Fear of the Lord that He had while on earth as a Covenant for the People, Remember the writer of Hebrews wrote Heb 5:7-8

7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;

8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

God imputed that Fear of God He had as the Head Represenative of the People, He imputed it to all for whom He was a Covenant of the People in behalf of.

Proof of that is clear when we consider the True Nature of Wisdom and here it is Ps 111:10

10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

Prov 9:10

10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

And by Christ coming and being given a Covenant unto the People [all those He represented before God] God made Him unto them to be Wisdom 1 Cor 1:30

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

and in that He made Him unto us the Fear of the Lord, because God had us in Him ! So all for whom He died automatically have the Fear of the Lord imputed to them, and He shews them His Covenant, because He shews it to them that fear Him Ps 25:14

14 The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.

beloved57

Christ's Sheep [The Church], All Believers of all Time !

Christ's Sheep [The Church], All Believers of all Time !

Christ's Sheep, The Lord makes a connection , togetherness of His OT Sheep, Believers in Him Pre Calvary and His NT Sheep Believers in Him post Calvary, Lets observe Jn 10:1-11

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

6 This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.

7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

Look at Vs 7-8

He is here speaking of Sheep of His Before Him [His Incarnation], which Sheep of His did not listen to false teachers, and prophets before Him, now for this to be True, He had Sheep of His Before Him, that is before His Incarnation.

False Sheperds like these Zechariah 11:8.

Now is Christ in this context of Jn 10 speaking of mere ethnic jews as being His Sheep ? No, because if He was, why would He say of them Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

In other words, jewish ethnicity is not the determining factor of being one of His Sheep, even though some of that ethnicity were first recognized as His Sheep, but clearly in Vs 26 He is telling some ethnic jews they were not of His Sheepfold. No jewish ethnicity does not determine who is a Sheep , however His Sheep were those ethnic jews , who had been given Faith in Him, which was a very small remnant, and Christ was saying of them that they did not hear the voices of the thieves and robbers of Jn 10:8

8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

Now understand what my objective is, its to show the connection of the OT Sheep of Christ to the NT Sheep of Christ, which is His Church Acts 20:28

28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

The implication is quite clear here, the Flock [Sheep] and the Church of God are the same Group of People !

beloved57

Christ's Sheep [The Church], All Believers of all Time !2

Christ's Sheep [The Church], All Believers of all Time !2

Notice again Jesus comments in Jn 10:8

You know who He is talking about here as thieves and robbers ? Look at Matt 21:12-13

12 And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,

13 And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

Jesus is speaking of the corrupt jewish religious leaders over the nation of Israel, look at Matt 21:15

15 And when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that he did, and the children crying in the temple, and saying, Hosanna to the son of David; they were sore displeased,

The religious leaders of the nation were ignorant of God's Salvation through Christ, the Coming Messiah, the Seed of the Women, the Shiloh the Old Patriarch spoke of here Gen 49:10

The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.

Shiloh That's Christ ! And as you can see the Old Testament Patriarch here had Faith in Him, because he was one of the Sheep of His .

But now some Sheep He did have among the jewish people. Now Jesus groups the Sheep He was about to lay down His Life for Jn 10:11,15, and the Ones He had amongst the Gentiles Jn 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold[jewish]: them[Gentile] also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

So He lumps together the Sheep of Old Covenant Israel who believed in Christ, Shiloh, The Sheep He was presently speaking of in Jn 10:11,15 and those in the Gentile World who yet shall hear His Voice, all to make One Fold, all are His Sheep, His Flock, His Church He layed down His Life for and purchased with His Own Blood Acts 20:28

28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

If we have any understanding at all, we see that all of Christ's Sheep from the OT to the NT are His Church, the Body of Christ !

beloved57

Who is the Lord's Wife, One Flesh with ?

Who is the Lord's Wife, One Flesh with ?

Who is the Lord's Wife, whom He became One Flesh with ? The scripture informs us that the very first Marriage at Creation, When Adam and Eve became One Flesh as Per Gen 2:18-25

18 And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

19 And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

21 And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

22 And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

Notice please Vs 24 Cp Mk 10:6-9

6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.

7 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife;

8 And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.

9 What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

And of course Paul under inspiration identifies this as a figure of Christ and the Church Eph 5:30-32

30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

When Christ the Man /Mediator 1 Tim 2:5 left Heaven and His Father He came to be Joined experimentally to His Wife, The Church, and they Twain become One Flesh, His Life in the Flesh was also His Wife's, the became One.

Now this being the case, exactly what People was it that Christ came and was made like unto in the flesh ? Heb 2:14-17

14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Jesus in Vs 14 became One Flesh with them, shared their Humanity, He Joined His Wife ! That's Right, its the Seed of Abraham Heb 2:16 that He became One With, He Joined Himself to. Heb 2:16

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

The word took on in the greek is epilambanomai, its Two Words in the greek, one of which is lambanō:

C.to take what is one's own, to take to one's self, to make one's own
i.
to claim, procure, for one's self
a.
to associate with one's self as companion, attendant

Now what is a Wife to a Man but a Companion ? He was made like unto His Brethren

Back in Heb 2:14

14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

The English word same means:

being one or identical though having different names, aspects, etc.

So we conclude that Christ's Wife, the Church,is The Seed of Abraham. A Great Mystery !

Eph 5:31-32

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

beloved57

Who is the Lord's Wife, One Flesh with ? 2

Who is the Lord's Wife, One Flesh with ? 2

We have showed that the Lord's Wife, the Church, is the Seed of Abraham, those He came and partook of flesh and blood with, and were made one flesh. Heb 2:14,16

Now He took on their flesh and blood [without sin] and was Joined experimentally with His Wife, This is a Great Mystry . Now understand something Christ and His Church Eph 5:30-32 = Christ and His Wife, His Eve = Christ and the Seed of Abraham Heb 2:14,16,17. Now Look at Jer 3:13-15

13 Only acknowledge thine iniquity, that thou hast transgressed against the Lord thy God, and hast scattered thy ways to the strangers under every green tree, and ye have not obeyed my voice, saith the Lord.

14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the Lord; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:

15 And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.

Cp To what Christ gave His Church Eph 4:11

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

Now Look at Acts 20:28

28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers [Pastors], to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

This is the fulfillment of God's Promise here in Jer 3:15

15 And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.

Did He not say He was Married to them in Jer 3:14

14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the Lord; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:

Also the Lord here in Vs 14 is Christ, The Head of the Church. He calls the backsliding children

So lets look again at Heb 2:13-14

13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

Now what does all this mean ? Well it means that Yahweh Jer 3:14 is Christ, and it means the Seed of Abraham, Israel is His Church, His Wife ! Whom He is One Flesh with ! Eph 5:30-32

beloved57

Who are the hagarites according to Gal 4 ? 7

Who are the hagarites according to Gal 4 ? 7

My last point was that all for whom Christ died, God made Him to be unto them Wisdom 1 Cor 1:30

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

And we looked at scripture indicating that Wisdom equates to the Fear of the Lord Ps 111:10

10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

So all for whom He died, as their Covenant Head, they have Wisdom/ The Fear of the Lord imputed to them, as well as Righteousness, Sanctification, and Redemption !

And since the Fear of the Lord is imputed to them, they are qualified for Covenant Mercies, such as Ps 25:14

John Gill comments on the promise to shew His Covenant to those that Fear Him by their Union with Christ their Covenent Head:

and he will show them his covenant: the covenant of grace, which was made with Christ for them from eternity, is made known to them in time, when they are called by the grace of God, and made partakers of the grace of the covenant, then the Lord reveals himself as their covenant God and Father; shows them that his Son is their surety, Mediator, Redeemer, and Saviour; puts his Spirit into them to implant covenant grace in them, to seal up the blessings of it to them, and bear witness to their interest in them, as pardon, justification, and adoption; and to apply the exceeding great and precious promises of it to them.

Also lets look at Ps 103:17

17 But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;

This Mercy is theirs from Everlasting unto Everlasting because of their Union with Christ, and so it , the Fear of the Lord is Imputed to them, and this being the case they do experience a departing from evil as an evidence of Christ being made unto them Wisdom because of Job 28:28

28 And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.

See in this connection Ps 111:10; Prov 9:10. Another qualification of the Covenant Servant for the People which was coupled with the Spirit of Wisdom is Understanding Isa 11:2

2 And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord;

Prov 4:7

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

So Christ has been made unto us that He died for as Covenant Head, both Wisdom and Understanding 1 Cor 1:30, so He gives those who are His Covenant People Understanding 1 Jn 5:20

20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

And back to what Job said Job 28:28

28 And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.

Now this conclusion, If Christ has been of God[The Father] made unto us Wisdom/Understanding/ The Fear of the Lord, it shall manifest itself in a departure from Evil, and the first and foremost evil to depart from is false religion of all sorts 2 Tim 2:19

19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Here the iniquity to depart from is false doctrine 2 Tim 2:16-18;19-21, the cleansing here is the departure from iniquity Vs 19.

For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.

beloved57

Heb 10:21

21 And having an high priest over the house of God; and 1 Tim 3:15

15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Who can answer correctly this question. Is the House of God in Heb 10:21, with jewish Christians, the same House of God in 1 Tim 3:15, which is the Church of the Living God ?

beloved57

Acts 15 The call of the Gentiles to Zion !

Acts 15 The call of the Gentiles to Zion !

The call of the Gentiles to Zion , the Church ! What James preached in Acts 15 by the inspiration of God in Acts 15:13-18

13 And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me:

14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,

16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

In this He [God] is building or establishing the House of David or Tabernacle of David Vs 16. A word about the Tabernacle of David, its the same, no different from the House of David; For Remember David spoke of his House to grow 2 Sam 23:5

5 Although my house be not so with God; yet he hath made with me an everlasting covenant, ordered in all things, and sure: for this is all my salvation, and all my desire, although he make it not to grow.

The word house here is the Hebrew word bayith :

A.house, dwelling habitation

V.household, family
A.
those belonging to the same household

B.
family of descendants, descendants as organized body

Its translated Temple like here 1 Kings 6:3

And the porch before the temple of the house, twenty cubits was the length thereof, according to the breadth of the house; and ten cubits was the breadth thereof before the house.

Ps 5:7

But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple.

Ps 27:4

One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.

Ps 65:4

Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple.

Well Davids House of 2 Sam 23:5 is the Tabernacle of David of Acts 15:16.

Remember that the Lord promised David that He was going to build him a House 2 Sam 7:8-18

8 Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David, Thus saith the Lord of hosts, I took thee from the sheepcote, from following the sheep, to be ruler over my people, over Israel:

9 And I was with thee whithersoever thou wentest, and have cut off all thine enemies out of thy sight, and have made thee a great name, like unto the name of the great men that are in the earth.

10 Moreover I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime,

11 And as since the time that I commanded judges to be over my people Israel, and have caused thee to rest from all thine enemies. Also the Lord telleth thee that he will make thee an house.

12 And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.

13 He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.

14 I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men:

15 But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.

16 And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever.

17 According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so did Nathan speak unto David.

18 Then went king David in, and sat before the Lord, and he said, Who am I, O Lord God? and what is my house, that thou hast brought me hitherto?

Look at Vs 11 and in Vs 12, this promise was partially fulfilled in Solomon, but would find its Ultimate fulfillment in the Son of David the Christ in His Resurrection Vs 13 and what is Christ alludes to here Matt 16:18

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

And its alluded to here Isa 9:6-7

6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

Now keep in Mind that this Tabernacle of David, its being rebuilt by God, includes the Call of the Gentiles Acts 15:16-17

16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

beloved57

Acts 15 The call of the Gentiles to Zion ! 2

Acts 15 The call of the Gentiles to Zion ! 2

Also concerning God's Covenant Promise to build David a House, its seen here too Ps 89:28-29

28 My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and my covenant shall stand fast with him.

29 His seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven.

Ps 132:11-14

11 The Lord hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne.

12 If thy children will keep my covenant and my testimony that I shall teach them, their children shall also sit upon thy throne for evermore.

13 For the Lord hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation[The Idea of a Tabernacle/Dwelling].

14 This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it.

Remember when Jesus was on earth it read Jn 1:14

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

That word dwelt actually means:

I.to fix one's tabernacle, have one's tabernacle, abide (or live) in a tabernacle (or tent), tabernacle

Now keep that in Mind as we return back to Acts 15:14-17

14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,

This is Crucial, its being stated here by Divine Inspirition, that the Visiting of the Gentiles to take out of them, A People for His Name, that this is integral, and corresponding The Building again the Tabernacle of David, that it includes the residue of men and the Gentiles whom His Name is Called.

That's the Temple, the Tabernacle being Built for David Eph 2:19-22

19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Now this is the same Habitation that is mentioned here Ps 132:13-14

13 For the Lord hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation.

14 This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it

I challenge anyone to prove from scripture that this conclusion is wrong !

So the Calling out of the Gentiles Acts 15 is the Fufillment of God's Covenant Promise to David. This rebuilding of the Tabernacle of David is also the restoring the Kingdom to Israel Acts 1:6

6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

In other words, Acts 1:6 and Acts 15:16 are the same, And its the Kingdom Jesus speaks of here Matt 16:18-19

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

beloved57

Church and Israel are the same !

Church and Israel are the same !

Rom 9:6

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel[Of Promise], which are of Israel[national]:

Now when I say Israel, as Israel and the Church are the same, I'm not speaking of Israel national of Sinai Gal 4:25

25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

But the Israel which is from above Gal 4:26

26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

C."Jerusalem that is above", that is existing in heaven, according to the pattern of which the earthly Jerusalem was supposed to be built

i.metaph. "the City of God founded by Christ", now wearing the form of the church, but after Christ's return to put on the form of the perfected Messianic kingdom

D."the heavenly Jerusalem", that is the heavenly abode of God, Christ, the angels, saints of the Old and New Testament periods and those Christians that are alive at Christ's return

I am speaking of that Israel which comprises God's Believing People, People of Faith.

Abraham had Two Sons/Seeds , a Seed according to his flesh, national ethnic Israel being pictured by Ishmael, and Spiritual Israel of promise typified by Isaac and Sarah and they are called Children of Promise, See also Rom 9:6-8.

Now lets go back to the beginning and start with Gen 3:14-15

14 And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Here we have God pronouncing His Judgment on the serpent because of his deception of Eve the Woman, remember the transgression actually came through the Woman 1 Tim 4:14

14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

But God now made a striking concerning the Woman who had been deceived into transgression, That Her Seed shall bruise the head of the serpent Gen 3:15; again the Woman here is Eve, and Her Seed is Christ, the Messiah, coming in the flesh, to destrioy the works of the devil, that obviously did include what he accomplished with her, and this prodigious figure would be Her Seed !

Now lets observe Rev 12:1-2

1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

Now who is this Woman ? This Woman with Child is Covenant Israel, the Israel of Promise Rom 9:1-5

I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,

2 That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.

3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:

4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

And She brought forth a Man Child to rule the Nations Vs 5

Rev 12:5

5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

The Child brought forth is the Seed of the Woman, promised back in Gen 3:15 to Eve, so this Women , Covenant Israel is the fulfillment of the promise made to Eve, So Eve in the beginning was a Type of Israel, the Israel of God.

beloved57

Church and Israel are the same ! 2

Church and Israel are the same ! 2

So Eve in Gen 3:15 was allegorically the Woman here in Rev 12:1-2

And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

Tony Warren writes on Rev 12:1

"And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a Woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:"

The woman in this chapter symbolizes the Congregation of God (Covenant Israel). The symbolism in this chapter is of what took place with her both before Messiah came, and then after His ascension to the Throne after the cross. The congregation of God is often symbolized as a woman who is betrothed to God. The heaven here is symbolizing the Kingdom of Heaven where the congregation dwells.

We should understand that from the very beginning of creation God instituted the Sun, Moon, and the stars as the heavenly lights of the world. We read in:

Genesis 1:16-17
• "And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: He made stars also,

•And God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light upon the earth"

So its my conclusion from an allegorical comparison that Eve is the Woman Israel whom God Promised that Her Seed would deliver the death blow to the head of the serpent.

Now lets return back to the beginning and see who was Eve's Husband ? Was it not Adam ? Gen 2:16-25

And were they not One ? Gen 2:24

24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Gen 5:1-2

This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Her Husband is Adam who is a Type and Figure of Christ Rom 5:14

14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

So in allegory that would make Christ the Head of the Woman Eve, who is the Woman the Israel of God Rev 12:1-2.

The Woman in Rev 12:1-2 receives her Glory from her Husband, which is Christ, who is the Image of God and the Glory of God; Adam with Eve in him, was made in the Image and Likeness of God Gen 1:26; Gen 5:1-2, and Just as the Woman is the Glory of the Man her Husband Christ 1 Cor 11:7

7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.

So the anology is, If Eve, the Women from whence cometh the promise of Christ Gen 3:15, is allegorically the Women in Rev 12:1-2, the Israel of God, or Covenant Israel, and She is the Wife of Adam, who is the figure of Christ, made in His Image and Likeness, Then Israel the Woman is the Wife of Christ, the Last Adam, who is the Head of His Body [Wife] the Church ! 1 Cor 11:3

3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

The Woman in Rev 12:1-2 has Christ as her Head, The Man, Her Husband. See Isa 54:5

Israel, the Women, Her Husband Christ is her Creator/Maker Col 1:16

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

And He is her Redeemer Col 1:14

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

He is the Head of the Body the Church Col 1:18

Remember the Mystery Paul wrote of here Eph 5:28-32

28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

Christ and His Church, which means Christ and Israel are One flesh. Now who did Christ come in the flesh to be Joined to , to take hold of ? Heb 2:14-16

15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

The words took part of the same in Vs 14, are the greek word metechō:

I.to be or become partaker,B.used of those joined to any one by the bonds of natural blood or marriage or friendship or duty or law etc, of attendance or companionship

And He took on Him the seed of Abraham. The word took here is the greek word epilambanomai:

I.to take in addition, to lay hold of, take possession of, overtake, attain, attain to

A.to lay hold of or to seize upon anything with the hands, to take hold of, lay hold of

B.metaph. to rescue one from peril, to help, succour

to take what is one's own, to take to one's self, to make one's own

to associate with one's self as companion, attendant

Christ Joined Himself with His Church, the Seed of Abraham, Israel

The Lord told Israel that He was married to her Jer 3:14

Remember what scripture says in Heb 2:14 about the children ?

Because He is Married to them ! Jer 3:20

20 Surely as a wife treacherously departeth from her husband, so have ye dealt treacherously with me, O house of Israel, saith the Lord.

beloved57

More On Israel and Church the Same !

More On Israel and Church the Same !

That Israel Elect and the Church are the Same is because Jess Christ their Lord is at the Right Hand of God on their behalf. King David centuries before made this statement Ps 110:1

The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Now unto the Church it is written Rom 8:34

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Col 3:1

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

Notice, as David called Christ the Lord in Ps110:1

The Lord said unto my Lord[Christ], Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

So it is the Colossian Church had received Him as Lord Col 2:6

6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

Now why would not this Christ Jesus the Lord, at the Right Hand of God, not be the same as David's acknowledged Lord at the Right Hand of God ? Ps 110:1

The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

The Lord of David's at the Right Hand of God has the Melchesedec Priesthood Ps 110:4

4 The Lord hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

The Lord of the Church has as well. Rom 8:34

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Now Heb 7:21-25

21 (For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec )

22 By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.

23 And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death:

24 But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.

25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

He is the same making Intercession for the Church in Rom 8:34

as He is in Heb 7:25

25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

This points back to Davids Lord at the Right Hand of God Ps 110:1-4

2 The Lord shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.

3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

4 The Lord hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

beloved57

They are not all Israel, which are of Israel

They are not all Israel, which are of Israel

Rom 9:6

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

No honest heart can deny that two distinct Israel's are indicated here, one which is national Israel, comprised of Abraham's children accornding to the flesh, and the other Israel is believing Israel which is comprised of Abraham's Children according to the Faith of Abraham, which is Faith in Christ Rom 4:12,16

And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Now the Israel of Faith shall embrace the word of promise or the word of God, because Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God Rom 10:17 !

So within Israel #1 which is for the sake of ID Abraham's physical descendants of ethnic Israel was a Israel, and #2 Abraham's Physical descendants of national Israel who had Faith in Christ was Israel, and these constituted Two different Israel's of Rom 9:6 !

beloved57

They are not all Israel, which are of Israel 2

They are not all Israel, which are of Israel 2

So of those Two Israel's seen in Rom 9:6, only one of them had promises made to them, which had to be Israel of Faith, for God does not make promises to unbelievers, which is evidenced by Abraham , for unbelief does not believe God's promises, but God given Faith does, and it gives Glory to God as Per Abraham Rom 4:16-22

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

18 Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.

19 And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb:

20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;

21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.

22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.

Particularly Vs 20 And all who exhibit the same Faith as did Abraham are Abraham's Children that God Promised him Gal 3:7

Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham =Israel ! And its not Faith for the sake of Faith which we speak of here, but Faith in Christ Jesus Gal 3:26

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. See Their Father Abraham rejoiced to see His Day and saw it by Faith Jn 8:56

56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

And all with that Faith constitute Abraham's Seed of Promise Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Which is Israel of Faith, which is contrasted with Israel according to the flesh Rom 9:6; Abraham's seed according to promise that belongs to Christ, is the other Israel in Rom 9:6 !

Remember, Paul made it clear that one Israel did receive/obtain the Promises Rom 11:7

7 What then? Israel [according to the flesh] hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election[ Israel of Faith] hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

Status
Not open for further replies.