A Saviour unto Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

Believers are the Children of Promise as Isaac was !

Believers are the Children of Promise as Isaac was !

Gal 4:28

28 Now we [Believers in Christ], brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

Rom 9:8

That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Paul here in Gal 4:28 is writing to believers in Christ, and he states that they are the children of promise, and so they are that seed of Abraham to whom all the promises of God belong.

You see, Abraham had two sons, and both represent or picture his Two seeds; for the one son ishamel, does represent his seed/children according to the flesh as sinai with his mom hagar, and we know this by the allegory recorded earlier Gal 4:22-25

22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

Agar and her ishmael are being compared to Abraham's physical and natural descendants that God formed the Covenant with at Sinai See Exodus 19-20 !

Now also God had another Son named Isaac, who represents Abraham's seed/children, descendants according to the Spirit and Promise, who was though born physically, yet in a unnatural and supernatural way; a way that defied that which was normally natural, in fact in a way that was impossible, being that Abraham's and Sarah's child bearing capabilities were dead Rom 4:19

19 And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb:

To make it simple, Sarah and Abraham naturally and physically did not have the ability to have natural children, So Isaac was born naturally, however it was by a miraculous and supernatural cause, by God's Power and Word of Promise !

So Abraham had a seed given to him according to this supernatural birth [a type of new birth], and all believers in Christ are products of that word of promise as was Isaac. Remember God had promised Abraham a numerous seed of this kind Gen 17:1-5

And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the Lord appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly. See Heb 6:14 !

3 And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,

4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee. God means by this both jew and gentile believers in Christ ! Gal 3:7-8 !

Thats correct, all believers come into being and become believers as a result of God's Promise to Abraham to multiply him exceedingly, for this Promise had not to do with his natural seed, but that seed which was according to the supernatural promise as was Isaac. All believers come to be by God's Divine Ability and Power, as He fulfills His Promise to Abraham !

beloved57

Believers are the Children of Promise as Isaac was !2

Believers are the Children of Promise as Isaac was !2

Matt 3:9

9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

Remember when John the Baptist told them this ? Well God did just that, typified in How He raised up Isaac in a supernatural way to be Abraham's Seed,and its only Abraham's Children in the Isaac type that are the Children of the Promise, and are considered His Seed Israel , which is what Paul means here Rom 9:6-8

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. The Children born supernaturally Typified by New Birth !

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Abraham's Children according to the flesh, those at Sinai, are not the Children of God nor of Promise !

The Heir Seed of Abraham is typified in Isaac [His supernatural birth] His Son born to Him according to Promise, which was against all odds , and was in a supernatural way, which is apart from mere physical birth, and which birth of his is antityped by the New Birth or birth according to the Spirit Gal 4:29

But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

Abraham was given Children that should be born after the Spirit, or Born again of the Spirit. Why is that ? Because God Promised him a seed that would be of the same faith of Abraham ! Rom 4:12

And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

That Faith of which Abraham had, is out of New Birth of the Spirit, its a Fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22, and so in order for God to give Abraham a Seed that would be of his same Faith and follow in His foot steps, He would have to give them the Spirit Gal 3:13-14

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith [Christ's Faithfulness].

Christ's Faithfulness to to the Cross and His subsequent Resurrection and Ascension to the Right Hand of God, He received for all the Seed of Abraham, the Promise of the Spirit to pour upon that Seed Acts 2:33

Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

Its the fruit of the Spirit that effects Faith in Abraham's Seed, Children of Promise ! Thats how Abraham has a Seed or Children that Believe Gal 3:7

7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

That's God fulfilling His Promise to Abraham Gen 17:2

2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.

beloved57

Believers are the Children of Promise as Isaac was !3

Believers are the Children of Promise as Isaac was !3

So in God's fulfilling His Promise to Abraham to give him a believing seed, the believing seed had to e born twice, once naturally and then once Spiritually in order to be the children of promise, and that is why Paul said to the believing Corinthians 1 Cor 15:49

And as we have borne the image of the earthy[by physical birth], we shall also bear the image of the heavenly[by new birth/resurrection].

Remember Abraham thought about the resurrection when dealing with his son Isaac in this matter Heb 11:17-19

17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,

18 Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:

19 Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

And it did not matter if their first natural birth was of a jew or gentile in the flesh, what mattered was that supernatural birth by the Spirit of Promise, and all [jew or gentile] who are born after the Spirit in New Birth, are Abraham's Seed[Israel] after the Spirit, their Faith, a fruit of the Spirit verifies that Gal 3:7

7 Know ye therefore that they[jew or gentile] which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

All his natural born children without the new birth was his children Israel after the flesh 1 Cor 10:18

Behold Israel after the flesh: are not they which eat of the sacrifices partakers of the altar?

If there was an Israel after the flesh, it was in distinction to the Israel after the Spirit, remember Paul wrote in Gal 4:29

But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now[in Paul's present time].

Paul makes that distinction again here Rom 9:6

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel[after the Spirit], which are of Israel[after the flesh]:

So with Abraham as the Father, from him God brought forth Two separate Israel's or seed's of Abraham, one according to the flesh Jn 8:37 and one according to the Spirit of Faith Gal 3:29, again see Rom 9:6, one Israel according to the flesh, and one according to the Spirit and Promise.

Both sets of children are literal children, they are his literal natural children and they are his literal spiritual children. His literal spiritual children are born after the typification of how Isaac was born, supernaturally, whether they be from ethnic jews or from gentile , and that is the primary Israel of God's People, and Israel national is much inferior and not His People !

beloved57

That the Church, comprised of both Spiritual jews and gentiles, is the fulfillment of Israel's Priesthood unto God Ex 19:6

And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

This seen here 1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Now remember these here in 1 Pet 2:9 are those who were begotten again by the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

And thats who Peter designates 1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

And of course Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church as the begotten from the dead Col 1:18

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

And the Church is also by His Blood made into a Kingdom of Priest's unto God Rev 1:5-6

5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Now these Priests unto God are the same as those of 1 Pet 2:9 which is the fufillment of Ex 19:6,

This proves that Ex 19:6 is the Church, Christ is the Head of ! All the Promises God made to Israel Ex 19:6 are fulfilled in Christ to the Glory of God 2 Cor 1:20

20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

beloved57

The Spiritual House of David !2

The Spiritual House of David !2

The House of David is the Spiritual House of David which is the Church, the Body of Christ, with Christ/ David as its Head.

Ezekiel 34:23

And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd.

The House of David Spiritually is composed of all flesh [or ethnic groups] different sexes [male and female] and different social standings.

We know this by that Spiritual event that occurred on the Day of Pentecost with the out pouring of the Spirit of God upon some of all flesh, for Peter states here Acts 2:16-21

16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:

20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come:

21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

This was spoken of in Joel 2:28-32

28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come.

32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call.

But yet this is also the fulfillment of Zech 12:10

10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Now is this a different event than that of Joel 2 ? No. Is it a contradiction ? No !

Because the House of David referred to here as well as the inhabitants of Jerusalem, they are comprised of both jew and gentile Elect of God.

Now granted, on the actual day of Pentecost, most who received the Promise of the Spirit that was poured out were of the elect remnant of the jews, some from all over who traveled to Jerusalem for the Holy Day, to include the Apostles, however not many days hence, The Spirit was also poured out on the Gentile Elect Remnant of the House of David Acts 10:45-46

44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

So it came to pass as Joel Prophesied. God gave the Gentile Elect the same Gift of the outpouring of the Spirit as He did with the jewish elect remnant, and Peter mentions again here Acts 11:15-18

15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.

16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye [jew and gentile elect] shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

See 1 Cor 12:12-13 !

17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?

18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

So both gentiles and jews partake of the same Promise of the Gospel Eph 3:6

6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Such promise as here Zech 12:10

10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

That is a Gospel Promise to a specific People through Christ. Thats why Christ after dying and being resurrected and exalted to the Right Hand of God was given the Spirit to pour out as seen here Acts 2:32-33

32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed/poured forth this, which ye now see and hear.

All the promises of God are made sure by Christ the Head of the Church, the Spiritual House of David 2 Cor 1:20-22

20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

21 Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God;

22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

The Spiritual House of David is one body Eph 2:16

16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

This out pouring of the Spirit upon both jew and Gentile Elect is accomplished by the Redemption that is in only Christ Jesus, upon all for whom He died and redeemed from the curse of the Law Gal 3:13-14

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

The we here being the Spiritual House of David and the Inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Church, the Body of Christ under their King David Ezk 34:23

23 And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd.

Lk 1:69-70

69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;

70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

Now notice, Its being said here that that this Horn of Salvation,Jesus Christ for the House of David is a Promise to that People going back to since the world began.

That therefore has to be to the First Promise of Salvation which is here Gen 3:15

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

The Woman [Eve] Seed is Christ, and the Promise is made to her seed, which means that the House of David began in Adam and Eve, they represent the Elect of God, not the non elect. Now if Christ according to the flesh is God's Elect, then that means His Mother and Father according to the Flesh began in Adam and Eve, so they must have been God's Elect.

And the Church and Christ is One Flesh according to the Mystery Eph 5:29-32

29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

So therefore, The Promise to raise up a Horn of Salvation to the House of David, is a Promise to the Church !

beloved57

The Love of God toward Israel !

The Love of God toward Israel !

The Love of God told Israel here in Deut 7:6-8

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

7 The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

8 But because the Lord loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the Lord brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

It cannot be a Love of God that is any different from the Love of God here Rom 8:39

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

So if those here in Deut 7:6-8 are not the same as those Paul writes to and of in Rom 8:39, which are His Own Elect Justified by Christ's Death and the Called according to His Purpose Per Rom 8:28-39

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Then that People does not exist. The Love of God for a Special Chosen People inn Deut 7:6-8 must be the Love of God for God's Elect People Here Rom 8:33

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect [ or Chosen]? It is God that justifieth.

Now we know this because the Love of God in Rom 8:39 in the original , the word Love is preceded by the definit artcle, making it quite clear that it is the One and Only definite Love of God:

οὔτε ὕψωμα οὔτε βάθος οὔτε τις κτίσις ἑτέρα δυνήσεται ἡμᾶς χωρίσαι ἀπὸ τῆς ἀγάπης τοῦ θεοῦ τῆς ἐν Χριστῷ Ἰησοῦ τῷ κυρίῳ ἡμῶν

This Love is the Love God had for His Chosen People in Christ before the foundation, or of old Jer 31:3

3 The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

Which must be the Love Christ speaks of here of those who believe on Him and shall believe on Him through their word Jn 17:19-24

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

Deut 7:6-8 those God says He Loved there are the same as the them in Jn 17:23

Deut 7:6-8 is speaking to the Church of Christ in the OT ! Not all of that Nation belonged to that Chosen People of God's Love, remember Jesus said of that Nation Matt 22:14

14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

beloved57

Who is the Church ?

Who is the Church ?

The Church who Christ died and gave Himself for Eph 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Is the Lamb's Wife Rev 21:9,10,11

And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

Which is the Great City, the Holy Jerusalem Vs 10

And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

Notice, it having the Glory of God Vs11

Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

Remember Jesus said of His Church Jn 17:22

And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

Paul wrote of the Church Col 1:27

To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Rom 8:30

Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

So the Church, the Lambs Wife is that City that Abraham looked for Heb 11:8-10,16

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

Remember it was a Heavenly City

But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

That Heavenly Country or City Abraham and the Other Heirs lokked for is this one right here Rev 21:9-11

9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

The City is the Eternal society and Fellowship of the Redeemed Community by the Blood of the Lamb, the Church in Eternal Glory ! Comprised of Both OT and NT Saints !

beloved57

Christ is reigning now ! His 1000 yr reign !

1 Cor 15:25

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

The word reign basileuō is in the present tense. The word means:

to be king, to exercise kingly power, to reign
of the governor of a province
of the rule of the Messiah
of the reign of Christians in the millennium
metaph. to exercise the highest influence, to control

Rev 20:6

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Christians are presently priests of God and of Christ. Rev 1:5-6

5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

beloved57

The Church and Israel the same !

The Church and Israel the same !

The Church and Israel are the same because of what Paul says here Acts 28:20

20 For this cause therefore have I called for you, to see you, and to speak with you: because that for the hope of Israel I am bound with this chain.

And He writes this Eph 6:19-20

19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

This clearly indicates that the Hope of Israel and the Mystery of the Gospel, which is the Church, are the same for which He received imprisonment for.

Now the Hope of Israel in the greek has the definite article, the Hope:

διὰ ταύτην οὖν τὴν αἰτίαν παρεκάλεσα ὑμᾶς ἰδεῖν καὶ προσλαλῆσαι ἕνεκεν γὰρ τῆς ἐλπίδος τοῦ Ἰσραὴλ τὴν ἅλυσιν ταύτην περίκειμαι

There is only One Hope Eph 4:4

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called
of your calling;

Who is able to prove from scripture that the Hope of Israel that Paul mentions here in Acts 28:20 and the Mystery of the Gospel in Eph 6:19-20 are Two different things ?

beloved57

The Church is the promised Land !

The Church is the promised Land !

Gen 17:8

8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

Paul writes to to the Church at Corinth 1 Cor 3:9

9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

The word husbandry here is the greek word geōrgion which means:

a cultivated field, husbandry, tillage

Now the word is a derivative of geōrgos whose root word etomolgy is γῆ which means:

arable land
the ground, the earth as a standing place
the main land as opposed to the sea or water
the earth as a whole
the earth as opposed to the heavens
the inhabited earth, the abode of men and animals
a country, land enclosed within fixed boundaries, a tract of land, territory, region

Thats the Church, A Country, enclosed with fixed boundaries. Remember what Abraham looked for ?

Heb 11:8-10

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

Heb 11:14-16

14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.

15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.

16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

This City is the New Jerusalem Rev 21:2

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

That word prepared the greek word ἑτοιμάζω is the same word used in Heb 11:16

16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

That City is the New Jerusalem ! But ? What was this City Called after this ? Look at Rev 21:9-10

9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

And Who is the Lamb's Wife and Bride ? Its the Church ! 2 Cor 11:2

For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Remember, He wrote of these same ones this in the first Epistle to them 1 Cor 3:9

9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

And I previously showed how that word is derived from the word γῆ which means:

the inhabited earth, the abode of men and animals

a country, land enclosed within fixed boundaries, a tract of land, territory, region

So, Yes the Church is that Promised Land of Canaan of an Everlasting Possession Gen 17:8

8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

beloved57

The Temple of His Body !

The Temple of His Body !

Jn 2:21

But he spake of the temple of his body.

What is the Temple of His Body ? Many may take this to literally as the carnal jews did, and may believe Christ is now only speaking of His Physical Body, but its beyond the physical and does enter into the realm of the Spiritual, its both a Spiritual and Heavenly Truth being expressed here ; See Isa 26:19.

Now understand this, that His Body [spiritually speaking] is His Body the Church Col 1:18

And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

And His Body the Church is the Temple of God 1 Cor 3:16

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

Again, He is speaking to Christ's Body here in 1 Corintians as proven here 1 Cor 12:27

Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

Yes, that's right, the Body of Christ, the Church is also the Temple of God !

This Temple is built by Christ through His Resurrection from the Dead, and the materials He uses are living stones brought to life or into being by His Resurrected Life. 1 Pet 2:5

5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

Remember Peter is speaking to those who had been begotten again to a Lively Hope [same word] by the Resurrection of Christ from the dead 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Being built up a Spiritual House = Temple ! Now the same is written of by Paul here Eph 2:20-22

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

1 Cor 3:9,16

16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

Now remember Jesus said that destroy this Temple [His Body] that He shall raise it up ?

Well that word raise Jn 2:19

19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

That word egeirō is used to denote His Resurrection from the dead as here 2 Cor 4:14;1 Cor 6:14;Rom 8:34;1 Cor 15:13-14

So the Church, the Body of Christ, the Temple of God, He through His Resurrection Builds. This is the Temple also as the Son Of David that ultimately fulfills the Davidic Promise here 2 Sam 7:12-16

12 And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.

13 He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.

14 I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men:

15 But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.

16 And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever.

This is Fufilled in Christ's Resurrection Acts 2:29-31

29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

beloved57

The Church, the Body of Christ = 12 Tribes !

The Church, the Body of Christ = 12 Tribes !

Acts 26:6-8

6 And now I stand and am judged for the hope of the promise made of God, unto our fathers:

7 Unto which promise our twelve tribes, instantly serving God day and night, hope to come. For which hope's sake, king Agrippa, I am accused of the Jews.

8 Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise the dead?

Even if its argued that Paul here is speaking more particularily of the jewish remnant of the Election of Grace as Per Rom 11:5-7, nevertheless they and the Gentile Election of Grace which James refers to here Act's 15:13-18

13 And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me:

14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,

16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

So both groups together combine are one whole gathering of the 12 Tribes of Israel; Just as the jew and gentile believers that belong to Christ are the Seed of Abraham Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. See Heb 11:9

By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

Clearly here Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and the Galatian Believers that belong to Christ, jew and gentile , all are of the Same Heirs of Promise !

They are also the Israel of God, and so they are also the Twelve Tribes whom Paul said was "instantly serving God day and night of the Hope to Come.

Now Paul was not speaking of the physical jews, because he says in Vs 7 that are accusing him ! and also the natural jews in their religious views of which Paul was converted from, was not true worship, but Idolatry !

But this Twelve Tribes was in agreement with Paul and were presently with him serving God. This had to be New Testament jewish converts such as the other Apostles and their converts in the Hope of the Gospel, the coming resurrection of the dead in Christ !

beloved57

The Church, the Body of Christ = 12 Tribes ! 2

The Church, the Body of Christ = 12 Tribes ! 2

But even further , by Paul's statement here to King Aggripa about the Hope of Israel or the Twelve Tribes [Also Israel], it reveals that this Hope was not centered in a physical literal fulfillment of an earthly kingdom, but a Spiritual one fulfilled in the Resurrection of Christ; That's why also Peter when preaching on the day of Pentecost, and in regard to God raising up a Son of David to sit on his Throne, from the fruit of His Loins, Peter says plainly Acts 2:30-31

30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

So Christ does literally [in the realm of the Spiritual and Heavenly] sit on the Throne of David; Its also why that Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, sought a City, a Country, that was not earthly but heavenly, a Spiritual and Living Hope 1 Pet 1:3

Which also means they were born again by the same Resurrection from the dead as was the New Testament Believers.

beloved57

The Church of the Firstborn !

The Church of the Firstborn !

Heb 12:24

To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

All True Believers who had or has Faith in Christ, all of the great cloud of witnesses Heb 12:1, all are part of the Church of the Firstborn, who is Jesus Christ, they are His Body, the Church.

Notice, which are written in Heaven: This coincides with Lk 10:20

20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

Rev 13:8

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Now who doubts that all the OT Saints like Araham, Isaac, and Jacob, Moses, Elijah, King David and on and on that their Names had been written in the Lambs Book of Life from the foundation, all of whom therefore would constitute the General Assembly, and Spirit's of Just mean made Perfect; so they are part of the Church of the Firstborn Col 1:18

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Was not all of their Hope the Resurrection ? Paul stated to King Agrippa Acts 26:6-8

6 And now I stand and am judged for the hope of the promise made of God, unto our fathers:

7 Unto which promise our twelve tribes, instantly serving God day and night, hope to come. For which hope's sake, king Agrippa, I am accused of the Jews.

8 Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise the dead?

This Promised Hope of Resurrection, the Hope of the Fathers, rested in the Firstborn from the dead, so they are part of the Church of the Firstborn. Remember how the sister of Lazarus, after he died, stated to Jesus this Jn 11:23-25

23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.

24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Martha expresses Faith from the OT Saints, as well as Lazarus, and Jesus informs her that He is that Resurrection the OT Saints looked forward to, so their Hope was in the Firstborn of the Dead Col 1:18, without Him and His Finished Work, there would be no Resurrection from the dead for no one !1 Cor 15:12-18

12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:

14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.

16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:

17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.

That would mean Lazarus had no Hope of Resurrection as Per Jn 11:24 if Christ, the Firstborn had not have died and Risen !

beloved57

Fulfilled in the Church !

Fulfilled in the Church !

The fulfillment of the New Covenant to the House of Israel is in the Church, the Body of Christ, and here is proof ! Jer 31:31-34

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Compare to Heb 8:6-12

6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Now here in the book of Hebrews this New Covenant Promise to the House of Israel has been fulfilled.

Notice in Jer 31:31,33 the New Covenant was yet future, it reads, " I will make a New Covenant", but in the Book of Hebrews, its already been made Heb 8:13

13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Its been made and is in effect so much so that the Old is fading away. The New Covenant era began with the Coming of Christ in the Flesh, The Messenger of the Covenant Mal 3:1, and its full effects began operating for the House of Israel at His Death, His Death being the sheddng of His Blood for the confirmation of that New Covenant . Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament/covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Heb 9:15-18

15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

17 For a testament/covenant is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

18 Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.

The New Covenant was was Validated and took effect after the Death of the Testator which is Christ !

Notice here the mention of remission of sins Matt 26:28, for that was one of the prominent Blessings for the House of Israel in the New Covenant Jer 31:34

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

"for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more"

Well this is the Remission of sins Jesus speaks of here Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Also the writer of Hebrews mentions here in the context of Jesus being now made the Mediator of a Better Covenant Heb 8:6 tothe House of Israel Heb 8:8,10,12 in Vs 12

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

This is the language of Remission of sins !

beloved57

Fulfilled in the Church ! 2

Fulfilled in the Church ! 2

So the New Covenant Fulfillment for the House of Israel is in Christ and His Shed Blood Matt 26:28, who is also the Head of the Church, His Body Eph 5:23

For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

Yes, this Christ here in Eph 5:23 is the exact same one Peter preaches here to the House of Israel Acts 2:30

Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Do you recall that Christ said unto Peter Matt 16:18-19

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Notice Jesus said to Him " That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church"

Now lets look at Acts 2 at the Preaching of Peter, in fulfillment of what Christ said to him Matt 16:18-19, and notice after the coming of the Spirit, poured out by Christ The Head of the Church and the Mediator of the New Covenant, Peter after seeing the effects of the Spirit, addressed who ? Notice Acts 2:14,36

14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:

36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Peter is addressing the spiritual house of Israel Vs 36. In response to the New Covenant promise made with them here Jer 31:31,33 and in those jewish converts from Peter's sermon, it is said the Lord was adding to His Church Acts 2:47. He added those Peter addressed as the House of Israel Vs 36 to the Church which is the Lord's Body. That is how Christ builds His Church as stated here Matt 16:18, and His Church building was initiated by Peters Sermon in Acts 2, to the House of Israel. Later Peter was sent to the Gentiles to begin adding them also to Christ's Building His Church Acts 10 !

beloved57

The Inheritance is the Same !

The Inheritance is the Same !

Gal 3:18,16

18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Now exactly what Inheritance is Paul speaking of here that was promised Abraham and his seed Vs 16 ?

It was this Inheritance Gen 17:8

The word possession here is the word 'achuzzah and means:

possession by inheritance

Yes, that land of canaan for a everlasting possession is the Inheritance of Gal 3:18 !

Now this Inheritance is centered in Christ Gal 3:16 and His Blood, and that is what the writer of Hebrews means here Heb 9:14-15

14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Note: The Eternal Inheritance is Heaven Gen 17:8

The Inheritance that Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob had been made Heirs to as Per Heb 11:8-9

It was based on Christ's Blood and Eternal Redemption Heb 9:12

12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Yes, the Eternal Inheritance Heb 9:15 is the Gift from Eternal Redemption Vs 12 obtained for all the Called Heirs by Christ's Blood !

It all had to do with the forgiveness of sins, that is "Redemption of the Transgressions" Vs 15 under the First Covenant, which would be the sins of the OT Saints, like Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, who were Called in Abraham Heb 11:8

As well as Abraham's Seed beinf Called in the NT Administration Rom 4:16

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise [Eternal Inheritance] might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Now this verse is key, because it Identifies not only believing ethnic jews as the Heirs of Promise tlo the Eternal Inheritance, but that it does include believing Gentiles.

If we recall, God right before that promise of the Everlasting Possession of Canaan Gen 17:7-8

7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

God had just told him what in Vs 5 ? Lets read Gen 17:5

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

Yes, That He made Abram, now Abraham a Father of many Nations [Gentiles], so it stands to figure, that some of them are his seed Gen 17:7-8 and so the reason for Rom 4:16

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

The One seed is comprised of Two Companies, Abraham's spiritual seed that was under the Law of Moses and his Spiritual seed amongst the Nations = Equals the One Seed in Christ Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

This proves that Israel and the Church are the same heirs .

beloved57

all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession

all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession

Gen 17:8

Many today in organized religion believes that this Promise to Abraham and His Seed, believe it to be a physical land over in the middle east, but its not, neither did Abraham undertand it to be so. The Promise here is actually concerns the World as it is stated here Rom 4:13

13 For the promise, that he should be the heir[an alloted possession] of the world[kosmos], was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

Notice here to Abraham and his Seed as here Gen 17:7-8

7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

Yes Abraham and His Seed are the same in both places, just now in Rom 4:13, the The Land of Canaan for an everlasting possession is called the world, the Kosmos.

Peter also reiterates the same promise here 2 Pet 3:13

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

So understand, the New Heavens and New Earth are also the Land of Canaan of Gen 17:8; and finally its that Inheritance that those Christ died for was begotten to by the Resurrection of Him from the dead 1 Pet 1:3-4

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

The word inheritance here is the greek word klēronomia and means:

an inheritance, property received (or to be received) by inheritance
what is given to one as a possession

Remember what Gen 17:8 says ?

Thats what 1 Pet 1:4 is talking about ! Its Eternal Life in the New Heavens and the New Earth !

beloved57

Who is the Israel of God ?

Who is the Israel of God ?

Gal 6:16

16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

In the greek it reads:

καὶ ὅσοι τῷ κανόνι τούτῳ στοιχήσουσιν εἰρήνη ἐπ᾽ αὐτοὺς καὶ ἔλεος καὶ ἐπὶ τὸν Ἰσραὴλ τοῦ θεοῦ

Its the Israel of the God. Yes, this is the One and Only Israel of the One and only True God !

Now this Israel is composed of them that walk according to the Rule of Faith.

The word rule here is the greek word kanōn:

metaph. any rule or standard, a principle or law of investigating, judging, living, acting

The Law of Faith is appropriate Like Rom 3:27

Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Law here is a principle:

27 Then what becomes of [our] pride and [our] boasting? It is excluded (banished, ruled out entirely). On what principle? [On the principle] of doing good deeds? No, but on the principle of faith.AMP

And this rule of Faith by which they walk is out of the New Covenant, or the Everlasting Covenant Matt 26:28. Its that rule established out of the Work of the Cross of Christ Gal 6:14

14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

Now listen, all for whom Christ died, by His Cross alone, for them He has terminated the law, having fulfilled all of its righteous demands for them, both in its Holy Precepts, and in its penalty for them having broken it.

Now anyone who by the Spirit of New Birth that comes to believe on Him, He has been revealed to them as the End of the Law Rom 10:4

4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth. or to everyone who is believing !

4 For Christ is an end of law for righteousness to every one who is believing,YLT

Everyone here denotes both jew and gentile, and whoever walks by this Gospel Rule of Faith, is the Israel of God, the Seed of Abraham Gal 3:7,29

7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed[Israel], and heirs according to the promise.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
If we are spiritual Israel? Why does Paul think we are on the verge of being forsaken?

If becoming a spiritual Jew or Israel took place when a person came to faith and has eternal security then what the hell was Paul talking about "has God forsaken Israel?"

Status
Not open for further replies.