3rd Annual TOL-a-THON

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Welcome to the Third annual TOL-a-THON.

We need to raise $3500.00 which is down from last years goal of $4500. Now that we are settled into our new dedicated server and have no installation expenses we were able to reduce our yearly budget by $1000 (ain't we good?) :D

Therefore we are having our annual two week long telethon, errrrrr... webathon, errrrr... TOL-a-THON!!! The money we raise during the TOL-a-THON will pay our server fee's for an entire year. (and any other expenses we might run into)

So, if you support what TOL stands for, or you just love participating on TOL, or you hate us but love having a forum to battle us on and you want to see theologyonline grow and thrive please consider donating to the 3rd annual TOL-a-THON! Donations are accepted in any amount and can be paid securely via a credit card or eCheck through our TOL-aTHON donation system.

CLICK HERE TO MAKE A DONATION OF ANY AMOUNT

Another easy way to help....
Besides straight donations the next best way to help TOL raise money during the 2009 TOL-a-Thon will be to renew your yearly TOL subscription during the TOL-a-Thon and we will count that towards our fund raising goal, it will also help us raise the server fees next August and so-on.

EXAMPLE:
Let's say you are a $30 per year TOL member and your subscription anniversary is in April. If you renew your subscription during the TOL-a-Thon you will be essentially paying for a few months twice but now your subscription anniversary will be in August and it will really help TOL stay in business. Therefore you will be donating funds because of your semi-double payment, but more importantly you will be getting on a payment schedule that will REALLY help TOL survive.

Also if you are a monthly subscriber and you change to a yearly subscriber during the TOL-a-Thon that will really help us as well. Again we will count that towards our goal.

Basically we want to alter the way we collect money and try to do as much of it as possible every August/September.

If you have any questions about the upcoming TOL-a-Thon please don't hesitate to ask your questions in this thread.

Thank you in advance for your support!

In Christ - Knight.

TOL-a-THON FAQ...

Question: How long is the TOL-a-THON going to last?
Answer: Two weeks. The TOL-a-THON will run from August 24th until September 7th.

Question: Should only right-wing Christians donate to the TOL-a-THON?
Answer: Of course not! TOL depends on ALL of you! You don't have to be a right-wing fanatic to help TOL thrive! If you like participating on TOL for the sole purpose of bashing right-wingers then TOL still is a value for you and you should consider donating to the cause.

Question: What if we fall short of our goal? What will happen to the money raised in the TOL-a-THON?
Answer: We will not fall short of our goal!!! But, for whatever reason if we fall short of our goal we will have to make a determination at that point as to what direction and course of action we will take to make ends meet.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The 2009 TOL-a-THON officially starts tomorrow (August 24th) but you can start today if you feel moved to.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
But I wasn't quite ready to renew my membership.
Well, you don't have to renew if you don't want to. However, if would be great to get all the yearly subscriptions to renew in August/September so that it would be much easier to reach our yearly goal.

Now that we are on a dedicated server we save a sizable amount by paying our bill yearly. It's a large bill but it's much less than paying it monthly.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Whoa! 4 very generous donations has already put us at 10% of our goal and we haven't even officially started the fund raiser yet. Thank you guys so much!

Tomorrow, we need to really get crackin!

We need to hit about 70% of the goal the first week if we want to make our goal.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
Well, you don't have to renew if you don't want to. However, if would be great to get all the yearly subscriptions to renew in August/September so that it would be much easier to reach our yearly goal.

Now that we are on a dedicated server we save a sizable amount by paying our bill yearly. It's a large bill but it's much less than paying it monthly.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

I was going to renew on my first paycheck after I return from DragonCon. Sooner if I don't spend too much there. I hope you are not offended, but Leonard Nimoy and Patrick Stewart's autographs are slightly more important.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Things are tough right now, Knight. But I am sure that before the TOL-a THON is over my family will be able to contribute something to this great site!

:sozo: Come on people!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Things are tough right now, Knight. But I am sure that before the TOL-a THON is over my family will be able to contribute something to this great site!

:sozo: Come on people!
I hear ya!

And don't worry.... only donate if you are able to. :up:

Aimiel

My wife started her new job today (after being unemployed for several months). I now know I'll be able to donate before it's over with, thank God. :thumb:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Alright! The TOL-A-THON entertainment has officially begun. I heard rumor that some of the acts will consist of ventriloquists (Terry Fader maybe?) and comedy sketches as well. Guess we'll see.

On with the show!! :BRAVO:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Alright! The TOL-A-THON entertainment has officially begun. I heard rumor that some of the acts will consist of ventriloquists (Terry Fader maybe?) and comedy sketches as well. Guess we'll see.

On with the show!! :BRAVO:
Yes! we have lined up a ventriloquist.

Here ya go....

Señor Wences

C

cattyfan

Well...I went to see Norm MacDonald last night. He's an unashamed Christian (to the point where 8 or 10 non-Christians in the audience got offended and walked out.) Maybe you can convince him to make an appearance. (Careful, though. His language is sometimes a bit salty.)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well...I went to see Norm MacDonald last night. He's an unashamed Christian (to the point where 8 or 10 non-Christians in the audience got offended and walked out.) Maybe you can convince him to make an appearance. (Careful, though. His language is sometimes a bit salty.)
I couldn't find any clip "unsalty" enough. :D

C

cattyfan

I couldn't find any clip "unsalty" enough. :D

Oops :eek:

MacDonald did a great bit about Bill Maher and that ridiculous movie Maher released. I laughed 'til my sides hurt! (CleverDan and I were celebrating our anniversary early.) But you're right...Norm's language is not for the faint of heart :chuckle: