1 of 5 for GT to Debate (The entire book of Galatians)

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
All are welcome to participate.

No verses are allowed to be interpreted with anything but other, cross referenced verses of any "Translation" (not paraphrase) of the Canonized 66 books/Epistles of the Scriptures, with the exception of the book of Galatians.

Historical context, geography and exegesis are welcome.

Personal belief systems and conjecture are allowed

No slander, false prophet declarations or any judgment is to be cast.

We will break Galatians into small chunks and travel through it chronologically.

Debate will occur over each section, and if no response is made, than the chunks will continue to come until all is revealed.

Foreknowledge of further content in Galatians may be paraphrased from memory in illumination of Galatians to prove ones point, but no direct quotes from other verses in Galatians are to be used, than the verses that are provided in the part being evaluated.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Galatians 1Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

Greeting

1*Paul, an apostle—not from men or by man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised Him from the dead—

2*and all the brothers who are with me:
To the churches of Galatia.

3*Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ,

4*who gave Himself for our sins to rescue us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father.

5*To whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

No Other Gospel

6*I am amazed that you are so quickly turning away from Him who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel—

7*not that there is another gospel,but there are some who are troubling you and want to change the good news about the Messiah.

8*But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel other than what we have preached to you, a curse be on him!

9*As we have said before, I now say again: If anyone preaches to you a gospel contrary to what you received, a curse be on him!

10*For am I now trying to win the favor of people, or God? Or am I striving to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a slave of Christ.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Greeting

1*Paul, an apostle—not from men or by man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised Him from the dead—

4*who gave Himself for our sins to rescue us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father.

My personal take on these verses:

Paul starts out defining that His apostolic words are elected by God, because Jesus personally elected him.

He then re-emphasizes that Jesus is Raised from the dead and the Word of the Father.

He then explains that his stance is also being expressed from his fellow apostles and the BoC.

Paul immediately exalts Grace and Peace as the core of his message, as he always does in each of his books/Epistles. He also exalts the unity of God the Father and Jesus the Messiah.

Paul explains that Jesus fixed the problem of the sins of all mankind through his Life, Death and Resurrection by Rescuing us from this present age of fading dust, sinful flesh, sinful government and distorted religion as is God's absolute will.

He then gives Glory to God for all of His Love, Peace and Gospel Victory.

1st Chunk 1A

2nd Chunk 1B

2nd Chunk

3rd Chunk

4th Chunk

6th Chunk

[url="http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?118728-1-of-5-for-GT-to-Debate-(The-entire-book-of-Galatians)&p=4766403&viewfull=1#post4766403]7th Chunk[/url]

Last edited:

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

6*I am amazed that you are so quickly turning away from Him who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel—

7*not that there is another gospel,but there are some who are troubling you and want to change the good news about the Messiah.

8*But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel other than what we have preached to you, a curse be on him!

9*As we have said before, I now say again: If anyone preaches to you a gospel contrary to what you received, a curse be on him!

10*For am I now trying to win the favor of people, or God? Or am I striving to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a slave of Christ.

Paul jumps in after his core greeting and expresses anxiety that Galatia is turning away from Jesus and to a false Good News.

He then emphasizes that there is only one Gospel or Good News that was Jesus the Savior of mankind's WORK and OBEDIENCE to the Father.

Paul explains that men and wicked angels are trying to pervert the Good News with lies and extends that doing so will bring the Curse of the Mosaic law upon them .... Or (As Daqq added, essentially considered an Abomination)

Curse is a reference to all Mosaic law.(Daqq has forced me to reveal the full hand of cards. It goes even beyond just the Law. To the Jews, the Pentateuch or Torah is Moses.)

Deuteronomy 31:

25*That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the Lord, saying,
26*Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.
27*For I know thy rebellion, and thy stiff neck: behold, while I am yet alive with you this day, ye have been rebellious against the Lord; and how much more after my death?

Deuteronomy 28:

15*But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee:

A side note is that the curses that follow parallel the outpouring of God's wrath in Revelation, and immediate things that have already occurred.

Paul then EMPHASIZES that the Curse of the Law is for ALL who Distort the TRUTH of the Gospel. Because the Law brings a curse, it is clear that the Law of OBEDIENCE is already being written as being in diametric opposition to the Gospel of FAITH.

Paul then states that He is not concerned with the approval of his Brothers of Judaism or the government or the BoC. Above all, Paul had previously been a law Obedient Jew, and commissioned by Judaism and the Government of Rome to kill the message of the Way.

When Paul calls himself a slave to Christ, he is referring to the imprisonment, judgment and absolute threat of torture and death that is threatening the BoC for delivering the blasphemous (In the eyes of the Proud, Religious, power hungry and hateful) message of the Gospel that all people are Loved by the Supreme Creator equally, and that simple Faith in this brings eternal life! The Gospel took power away from Man Made Religious Structure and Man Made Government and Even Fallen Angels Simultaneously. The days of a human being or Angel standing as the authority of God were failing. The message of the Cross made all equal in the eyes of Jesus/God. Nobody with any sense of personal pride or desire to rule wanted the Gospel to survive.

1st Chunk 1A

2nd Chunk 1B

2nd Chunk

3rd Chunk

4th Chunk

6th Chunk

[url="http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?118728-1-of-5-for-GT-to-Debate-(The-entire-book-of-Galatians)&p=4766403&viewfull=1#post4766403]7th Chunk[/url]

Last edited:

daqq

Paul jumps in after his core greeting and expresses anxiety that Galatia is turning away from Jesus and to a false Good News.

He then emphasizes that there is only one Gospel or Good News that was Jesus the Savior of mankind's WORK and OBEDIENCE to the Father.

Paul explains that men and wicked angels are trying to pervert the Good News with lies and extends that doing so will bring the Curse of the Mosaic law upon them.

Curse is a reference to all Mosaic law.

Deuteronomy 31:

25*That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the Lord, saying,
26*Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.
27*For I know thy rebellion, and thy stiff neck: behold, while I am yet alive with you this day, ye have been rebellious against the Lord; and how much more after my death?

Deuteronomy 28:

15*But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee:

A side note is that the curses that follow parallel the outpouring of God's wrath in Revelation, and immediate things that have already occurred.

Paul then EMPHASIZES that the Curse of the Law is for ALL who Distort the TRUTH of the Gospel. Because the Law brings a curse, it is clear that the Law of OBEDIENCE is already being written as being in diametric opposition to the Gospel of FAITH.

Paul then states that He is not concerned with the approval of his Brothers of Judaism or the government or the BoC. Above all, Paul had previously been a law Obedient Jew, and commissioned by Judaism and the Government of Rome to kill the message of the Way.

When Paul calls himself a slave to Christ, he is referring to the imprisonment, judgment and absolute threat of torture and death that is threatening the BoC for delivering the blasphemous (In the eyes of the Proud, Religious and Government) message of the Gospel that all people are Loved by the Supreme Creator, and that simple Faith in this brings eternal life! The Gospel took power away from Man Made Religious Structure and Man Made Government, Simultaneously. The days of a human being standing as the authority of God were failing. The message of the Cross made all equal in the eyes of Jesus/God. Nobody with any spread of personal pride or desire to rule wanted the Gospel to survive.

No, it is not a reference to the Torah, (Mosaic Law as you put it), a simple reading of other translations would have shown you this if only you had checked. But even so, what is in the Greek is in the Greek anyways, that is, anathema, which is wrongly translated often as "accursed" because what it really means is the very same thing that the RCC uses it for, which is, to excommunicate, (cut off from the body).

Galatians 1:8 W/H
8 αλλα και εαν ημεις η αγγελος εξ ουρανου ευαγγελισηται [υμιν] παρ ο ευηγγελισαμεθα υμιν αναθεμα εστω

αναθεμα = anathema

Galatians 1:8 ASV (American Standard Version)
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach unto you any gospel other than that which we preached unto you, let him be anathema.

So almost your entire post is a misdirect due to your misunderstanding of the words of Paul.
Tisk, tisk . . . :)

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

No, it is not a reference to the Torah, (Mosaic Law as you put it), a simple reading of other translations would have shown you this if only you had checked. But even so, what is in the Greek is in the Greek anyways, that is, anathema, which is wrongly translated often as "accursed" because what it really means is the very same thing that the RCC uses it for, which is, to excommunicate, (cut off from the body).

Galatians 1:8 W/H
8 αλλα και εαν ημεις η αγγελος εξ ουρανου ευαγγελισηται [υμιν] παρ ο ευηγγελισαμεθα υμιν αναθεμα εστω

αναθεμα = anathema

Galatians 1:8 ASV (American Standard Version)
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach unto you any gospel other than that which we preached unto you, let him be anathema.

So almost your entire post is a misdirect due to your misunderstanding of the words of Paul.
Tisk, tisk . . . :)

Awesome point!

To be truthful, I didn't want to go further, because I was trying to keep the shock down to the Law/Obedience types.

But the cats out of the bag now.

I have added the content as follows (Daqq has forced me to reveal the full hand of cards. It goes even beyond just the Law. To the Jews, the Pentateuch or Torah is Moses. This stacks my already unfair deck. I was trying to avoid this.)

(Also, I added that curse means Abomination)

Do you disagree that Obedience to God through Moses (Torah) vs Faith in Jesus is Paul's main thrust here and extending lead up?

Do you feel things are complete now Daqq, or do you have anything to add?

This brings to light much more and even opens the Protoevangelium up in this, which is a nasty pill for Law/obedience verses faith types to swallow.

Have you no shame Daqq?

[emoji85][emoji2][emoji33]

Last edited:

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

I'm on my phone. Don't hold your breath if think GodsTruth will participate in a meaningful way.

Fair enough.

All are welcome.

LOL, Daqq forced my hand and explained how the entire Torah / Pentatuke is The Law or as the Jews know it (Moses). I had to expound even past the law within the Law.

daqq

Awesome point!

To be truthful, I didn't want to go further, because I was trying to keep the shock down to the Law/Obedience types.

But the cats out of the bag now.

I have added the content as follows (Daqq has forced me to reveal the full hand of cards. It goes even beyond just the Law. To the Jews, the Pentateuch or Torah is Moses. This stacks my already unfair deck. I was trying to avoid this.)

Do you feel things are complete now Daqq, or do you have anything to add?

This brings to light much more and even opens the Protoevangelium up in this, which is a nasty pill for Law/obedience verses faith types to swallow.

Have you no shame Daqq?

[emoji85][emoji2][emoji33]

Fair enough.

All are welcome.

LOL, Daqq forced my hand and explained how the entire Torah / Pentatuke is The Law or as the Jews know it (Moses). I had to expound even past the law within the Law.

Well, I hope this does not make me an "enemy", but I do not perceive Paul as "abolishing the law" anywhere. That would apparently make me one of those whom you are preaching at, I suppose.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Well, I hope this does not make me an "enemy", but I do not perceive Paul as "abolishing the law" anywhere. That would apparently make me one of those whom you are preaching at, I suppose.

Daqq, I do not believe Paul abolishes the Law, but explains that it was fulfilled through Jesus.

I'm not asking you if raping, pillaging and murder sprees are OK, but I am pointing out that Obedience to God through Moses is diametrically different than trusting that Jesus has fulfilled all of my Ordinance based obedience to God through Moses for my lifetime. Does that statement upset you?

Galatians does reference Curse/Abomination, and in light of Moses, the Protoevangelium assigned that Title to a very particular entity.

Again, I propose that my tying of the Curse / Abomination ties to the Law.

The Law is talked about expansively in Galatians, and it is talked about by Paul as a guardian, and that we were under a guardian.

If death is the enemy of God, and the sting/curse comes from Sin/Deviation from God's perfect standards, and the Law empowers Death this way, I ask you to evaluate the Protoevangelium and tell me who Death is?

Who brought death into Gods Kingdom through deceiving The Bride into Disobedience?

What does the curse of Eating Dust mean in direct exegesis to Adam and Eve returning to dust and You Will Surely Die?

Are you following?

Do you see where the punishment of death comes from?

Do you see the first to be called Abomination in Genisis or Cursed?

As in, Oh death where is thy sting, thy sting is in the Sin and the power of Sin is the Law.

(Paraphrasing 1 Cor 15:55). This is your excuse to bring in your other verse in Galatians. I Paraphrased one verse out of 1 Cor.)[emoji33]

Last edited:

daqq

Daqq, I do not believe Paul abolishes the Law, but explains that it was fulfilled through Jesus.

I'm not asking you if raping, pillaging and murder sprees are OK, but I am pointing out that Obedience to God through Moses is diametrically different than trusting that Jesus has fulfilled all of my Ordinance based obedience to God through Moses for my lifetime. Does that statement upset you?

Galatians does reference Curse/Abomination, and in light of Moses, the Protoevangelium assigned that Title to a very particular entity.

Are you following?

There is another Greek word which Paul uses for that "curse", and it indeed means curse, but if I was to quote that passage I would be breaking one of your own laws which you set down for this thread in Post#2 above:

All are welcome to participate.

[01] No verses are allowed to be interpreted with anything but other, cross referenced verses of any "Translation" (not paraphrase) of the Canonized 66 books/Epistles of the Scriptures, with the exception of the book of Galatians.

[02] Historical context, geography and exegesis are welcome.

[03] Personal belief systems and conjecture are allowed

[04] No slander, false prophet declarations or any judgment is to be cast.

[05] We will break Galatians into small chunks and travel through it chronologically.

[06] Debate will occur over each section, and if no response is made, than the chunks will continue to come until all is revealed.

[07] Foreknowledge of further content in Galatians may be paraphrased from memory in illumination of Galatians to prove ones point, but no direct quotes from other verses in Galatians are to be used, than the verses that are provided in the part being evaluated.

Yes, it appears that if I quoted the text I would be breaking your seventh commandment. :crackup:

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

There is another Greek word which Paul uses for that "curse", and it indeed means curse, but if I was to quote that passage I would be breaking one of your own laws which you set down for this thread in Post#2 above:

Yes, it appears that if I quoted the text I would be breaking your seventh commandment. :crackup:

Lol!!!!

You may proceed.

I grant you the ability to expand on the Greek, but please cross reference it with scripture for the sake of your excellent point.

Also, you are paraphrasing from memory! You may expound on the Greek, or quote this one verse for the sake of your point.

You're in the clear.

In other words, commandment 7 allows for your Paraphrase.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

It is moving fast, but you and I will slow it back down.

Fair. I am glad to have this opportunity to share understanding with one another out of respect.

No one is required to change stance, or bow views to the other.

This is an opportunity for views of scripture behind expressions of conviction to be systematically revealed in the direct capture of scripture.

God's Truth

Greeting

Paul is letting all know that he did not learn what to say from any man, such as from the other apostles. He is letting us know that he is an apostle by the Holy Spirit of God just like the other apostles.

Jesus died for our sins, which is about his blood, as compared to the blood of animals that used to clean the people.

No Other Gospel

There is no other gospel from Paul that is different than the gospel Jesus preached, and what Peter and the other apostles taught.

The Galatians were turning to a false gospel, a gospel where it would be a belief in Jesus, but now also the old way to clean us, the old way from the old law, i.e. circumcision, and the observance of special days...the old law, the purification/ceremonial works.

Again, Paul confirms that the good news IS JESUS, and not a different gospel that he is preaching. By now, there seems to be much confusion and false teachings going around.

The good news about the Messiah is that Jesus came and there is ONLY ONE GOSPEL.

Paul is CONFIRMING that he will NOT EITHER preach another gospel, or he shall himself be condemned.

Paul is letting all know that what he says will insult some people, but it will not stop him from preaching the Truth.

God's Truth

Fair. I am glad to have this opportunity to share understanding with one another out of respect.

This is an opportunity for views of scripture behind expressions of conviction to be systematically revealed in the direct capture of scripture.

It means so much to me to come across another person who wants to discuss the scriptures more deeply.

Mark M

GT is nice