1 JOHN ONLY ISRAEL CAN BE BORN AGAIN

God's Truth

Yes, the Church, His Body

Jesus came for those who ALREADY belonged to God by FAITH. They were ALREADY God's BUT now they had to go through Jesus to REMAIN God's.

The old covenant was NOT based on faith---but some Jews had faith and some did not.

Jesus came to make a new covenant based on faith and that means the Jews who ALREADY belonged to God and had faith could remain.

The rest of the Jews were cut off and bound to where the GENTILES were.

Since Jesus was crucified, ALL can come to him, but they have to have faith with obedience.

Lack of faith got many Jews cut off, and lack of obedience kept all the Gentiles out.

Now we are saved by living faith, faith that is alive with obedience.

God's Truth

Random scripture is NOT a response.

You don't even know who is the "WE BRETHREN" that Paul is talking to.

It is NOT random. There is no such thing anyway as random scripture. You can't put any scripture aside, and, I gave scripture where APOSTLES are explaining the scriptures that you don't understand!

Paul is speaking to the Gentiles.

You are ridiculous if you don't think Paul calls Gentiles his brothers.

hahahahaha

Right Divider

Body part
Paul is speaking to the Gentiles.
Sometimes (and I'm sure that you cannot tell the difference) Paul is speaking to his brethren (i.e., fellow Israelite's).

Rom 9:1-5 KJV I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost, (2) That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart. (3) For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh: (4) Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises; (5) Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

Is the "my brethren" there gentiles?

God's Truth

What is your vague "IT"?
The RESTORATION from Jeremiah that you posted !
Note that the scripture ACTUALLY SAYS in that verse.
Luk 22:37 KJV For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.

He's NOT talking in GENERALITIES, He's speaking about ONE SPECIFIC thing "written about Him".
JESUS SAYS EVERYTHING that was written was written about him!!!
Luke 24:27 And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.

Get rid of that garbage NIV and get a real Bible.
I use the KJV for proof of everything that I use from other translations.
The sheep are Israel. That is what the Bible says THROUGHOUT.

Paul NEVER ONCE calls the body of Christ sheep. NOT ONCE!
The sheep are the JEWS who already belonged to GOD BY FAITH.
When Jesus was crucified then all could come to him by faith.

God's Truth

Sometimes (and I'm sure that you cannot tell the difference) Paul is speaking to his brethren (i.e., fellow Israelite's).
Rom 9:1-5 KJV I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost, (2) That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart. (3) For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh: (4) Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises; (5) Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

Is the "my brethren" there gentiles?

Of course. Paul is talking to his brother GENTILES about his brother Israelites.

God's Truth

YOU claimed that ALL had been "fulfilled". ALL prophecy has NOT YET been fulfilled. THAT was the POINT that I was making.

All prophecy HAS BEEN FULFILLED. I gave you scriptures where Jesus himself says so.

Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it hasn't been fulfilled.

Right Divider

Body part
The RESTORATION from Jeremiah that you posted !
That is completely INSANE. That scripture says that:

Jer 33:16 KJV In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The LORD our righteousness.

Apparently you have no idea what "dwell safely" means. Jerusalem was destroyed only a few year later.

JESUS SAYS EVERYTHING that was written was written about him!!!
NO, HE DID NOT. Quit lying.

Luke 24:27 And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.
Yes.
Luk 24:27 KJV And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

It does NOT say that all of the scripture is written about Him. It says that He expounded on THE THINGS concerning Himself from all the scripture.

Again, you like to twist the scripture to attempt to make it say what you want it to say.

I use the KJV for proof of everything that I use from other translations.
Why the need to jump around? Never mind, I already know.

So you want to ignore the LOST SHEEP?

No kidding. I've never said otherwise.

Your lack of understanding is amazing, as is your willingness to scripture twist to make your story "true".

God's Truth

That is completely INSANE. That scripture says that:

Jer 33:16 KJV In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The LORD our righteousness.
Apparently you have no idea what "dwell safely" means. Jerusalem was destroyed only a few year later.
The Jews will dwell safely in the Lord and on the new earth along with all the saved.

NO, HE DID NOT. Quit lying.
I gave you scripture that says so.

Everything was about Jesus, even the names of the prophets were about Jesus.

The whole world was for him.

Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
Yes.
Luk 24:27 KJV And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

It does NOT say that all of the scripture is written about Him. It says that He expounded on THE THINGS concerning Himself from all the scripture.

THAT is what he says.

Again, you like to twist the scripture to attempt to make it say what you want it to say.
That’s one of your ole’ comments you use when you can’t defend your beliefs. There are a handful of comments you always make instead of defending your beliefs or explaining further; or you just deny what I say and twist the scriptures LIKE YOU JUST did with Luke 24:27, just like you say I do, but you do it.

Why the need to jump around? Never mind, I already know.
It is good to have a translation in our English.

So you want to ignore the LOST SHEEP?

That is the lost sheep.

No kidding. I've never said otherwise.

Your lack of understanding is amazing, as is your willingness to scripture twist to make your story "true".
Just more of that worthless stuff you fall back on. Why not try to make me understand better? Maybe it is just you who doesn’t understand and refuses?

beloved57

Jesus came for those who ALREADY belonged to God by FAITH. They were ALREADY God's BUT now they had to go through Jesus to REMAIN God's.

The old covenant was NOT based on faith---but some Jews had faith and some did not.

Jesus came to make a new covenant based on faith and that means the Jews who ALREADY belonged to God and had faith could remain.

The rest of the Jews were cut off and bound to where the GENTILES were.

Since Jesus was crucified, ALL can come to him, but they have to have faith with obedience.

Lack of faith got many Jews cut off, and lack of obedience kept all the Gentiles out.

Now we are saved by living faith, faith that is alive with obedience.

Jesus came to die for His Sheep

God's Truth

He did die for the whole world of His Sheep !

No such thing as the whole world of His Sheep.

Jesus tells us how to become sheep.

Even the dogs can become as a sheep and be saved.

Matthew 15:26 He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to the dogs."

Jesus came to save ALL MEN the WHOLE WORLD, EVERYONE.

In this passage, read how many times Jesus says "whoever."

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's only begotten Son. This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on them.

“Whoever” is whoever. This is plain and simple. Calvinists use special exegesis to twist the scriptures. Whomever in the world believes turns into whomever in the world of believers who believe.

1 John 2:2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Are you willing to repent of all the falseness you followed?
Are you ready to give up family and friends who will go against you for leaving Calvinism?
Are you ready to give it all up for God's Truth?

Jesus is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. This scripture shows that Jesus saves any who come to him in belief; it is a choice of all men, if they only would not love darkness instead of the light.

God wants all men saved. Read how many times scripture says "all men.”

John 1:6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. 8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 9That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. 10He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. 11He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name. 13Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

1 Timothy2:3-6 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all men—the testimony given in its proper time.

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men.

1 Timothy 4:10 (and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.

That scripture right there should stop any one from ever misunderstanding and believing Calvinism ever again. How much plainer language does it have to be? "Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.” All men have the chance to obey and believe.

God's Truth

I've never denied that. So, AGAIN, you have no point.

Instead... ONCE AGAIN... address what others say when you REPLY to them.

RD,
You keep just making vague comments like that. Defend your beliefs by giving scriptures and explaining them, and deal with what I say and the scriptures I give.

The Jews have to get saved the same way as the Gentiles.

The Jews who were saved first before Jesus died are in the same place as all who get saved.

Right Divider

Body part
RD,
You keep just making vague comments like that.
There was NOTHING the slightest bit vague about what I said.

Defend your beliefs by giving scriptures and explaining them, and deal with what I say and the scriptures I give.
I do.

The Jews have to get saved the same way as the Gentiles.
Indeed.

The Jews who were saved first before Jesus died are in the same place as all who get saved.
No, they are not. I noticed that you failed to attempt any scriptural support for this claim.

You chastise others for giving opinions without scripture and YET you do it all the time.... that's called being a hypocrite.

God promised the nation of Israel a kingdom in the land. God did not make any such promise to gentiles.

Eze 36:22-28 KJV Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went. (23) And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes. (24) For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. (25) Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. (26) A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. (27) And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. (28) And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

Jesus confirmed this gathering His people from all nations as well.

Mat 24:29-31 KJV Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: (30) And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. (31) And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

I have to assume that you also have no knowledge of the "valley of dry bones" as well.