Isaiah 66:2 For all those things hath mine hand made,

and all those things have been, saith the LORD:

Job 9:8 Who alone spreadeth out the heavens,

and treadeth upon the waves of the sea.

-----------------------------------------------

1-This thread is to make a cogent or compelling presentation

for the Definition of the Comforter/Holy Spirit that Jesus sent to

the Apostles.

2- Question: Was the Spirit of God a Separate Personage or part of the Lord God,

who said that HE set up the Seas ?

Genesis 1:2 And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Isaiah 48:12
Listen to Me, O Jacob,
And Israel, My called:
I am He, I am the First,
I am also the Last.
13 Indeed My hand has laid the foundation of the earth,
And My right hand has stretched out the heavens;
When I call to them,
They stand up together.
=====================================

OCTOBER23

People were stressed in their SPIRIT....

The SPIRIT seems to be their Minds or put in their minds and cannot be a separate Personage

but must be some form of Communication or Thought Processor.

Job 21:4 As for me, is my complaint to man? and if it were so, why should not my spirit be troubled?
Psalms 31:5 Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth.
Psalms 77:3 I remembered God, and was troubled: I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed. Selah.
Psalms 77:6 I call to remembrance my song in the night: I commune with mine own heart: and my spirit made diligent search.
Psalms 142:3 When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then thou knewest my path. In the way wherein I walked have they privily laid a snare for me.

Exodus 31:3 And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship,

Exodus 35:31 And he hath filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship;

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, just what we need...another Trinitarian thread. After all, the topic is scarcely seen around these parts. :AMR:

The Trinity is an essential of the faith we hold dear. Deny it and one has no warrant to the claim to being a Christian. It is not debatable. "This is the catholic {universal} faith, which except a man believe faithfully, he cannot be saved" (see Athanasian Creed: http://www.reformed.org/documents/athanasian.html).

Asked and answered by the church militant about fifteen hundred years ago.

AMR

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

the Apostles.

2- Question: Was the Spirit of God a Separate Personage or part of the Lord God,

Listen to Me, O Jacob,
And Israel, My called:
I am He, I am the First,
I am also the Last.
When I call to them,
They stand up together.

John 1:3 KJV - Colossians 1:16 KJV and 17

They were there

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, just what we need...another Trinitarian thread. After all, the topic is scarcely seen around these parts. :AMR:

The Trinity is an essential of the faith we hold dear. Deny it and one has no warrant to the claim to being a Christian. It is not debatable. "This is the catholic {universal} faith, which except a man believe faithfully, he cannot be saved" (see Athanasian Creed: http://www.reformed.org/documents/athanasian.html).

AMR

Why are the words of Jesus not good enough for you?

Where did Jesus or the Apostles teach such rubbish as the creed?

LA

daqq

Why are the words of Jesus not good enough for you?

Where did Jesus or the Apostles teach such rubbish as the creed?

LA

Once there was a man who ordered a pizza from a popular establishment after seeing one of their advertisements proclaiming that all of their pizza's were made only with "Real" cheese. After about an half hour wait his anticipated pizza with "Real" cheese arrived with a knock at the front door. After paying and tipping the delivery person he shut the door and sat down to dinner, said his thanksgiving, and began to enjoy his pizza made only with "Real" cheese. Suddenly a still small voice whispered in his mind: "That is not the real cheese that you have been led to believe it is." And with another taste he realized that indeed he had been duped with phony cheese on his pizza. He immediately rose up in anger and called the pizza place so as to get to the bottom of the matter. The pizza shop told him that the advertisement was completely on the up and up as the advertisement clearly stated in fine print at the bottom of his TV screen the fact that the pizza shop uses only "Real" Brand cheese. It seems "Real" was only the registered trademark for the brand of synthetic cheese the shop was using to make all of their pizza.

Seems the same thing has happened in modern times with so-called Christianity. "Christian" has become nothing more than a trademark name for a large conglomerate-establishment that calls itself the one true world-wide church. If you want to become part of their establishment you must adhere to their dogmas and creeds or you cannot be called by the names and titles they have usurped from the Scripture and claimed for themselves. :chuckle:

keypurr

Once there was a man who ordered a pizza from a popular establishment after seeing one of their advertisements proclaiming that all of their pizza's were made only with "Real" cheese. After about an half hour wait his anticipated pizza with "Real" cheese arrived with a knock at the front door. After paying and tipping the delivery person he shut the door and sat down to dinner, said his thanksgiving, and began to enjoy his pizza made only with "Real" cheese. Suddenly a still small voice whispered in his mind: "That is not the real cheese that you have been led to believe it is." And with another taste he realized that indeed he had been duped with phony cheese on his pizza. He immediately rose up in anger and called the pizza place so as to get to the bottom of the matter. The pizza shop told him that the advertisement was completely on the up and up as the advertisement clearly stated in fine print at the bottom of his TV screen the fact that the pizza shop uses only "Real" Brand cheese. It seems "Real" was only the registered trademark for the brand of synthetic cheese the shop was using to make all of their pizza.

Seems the same thing has happened in modern times with so-called Christianity. "Christian" has become nothing more than a trademark name for a large conglomerate-establishment that calls itself the one true world-wide church. If you want to become part of their establishment you must adhere to their dogmas and creeds or you cannot be called by the names and titles they have usurped from the Scripture and claimed for themselves. :chuckle:

Excellent post.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You should tone down the anti-trinity words of your reprobate mind. It wasn't taught as a "creed"

It was the Holy Spirit that fathered Jesus.

Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 1:18 NKJV)

But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 1:20 NKJV)​

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It was the Holy Spirit that fathered Jesus.

Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 1:18 NKJV)

But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 1:20 NKJV)​

The Word was made flesh, yes. the 3 are 1.

John 1:14 KJV -

Elia

Bs"d

"Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our God, Y-H-W-H is ONE!" Deut 6:4

"Listen, Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is One" Holman Christian Standard Bible

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one." English Standard Version

"Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!" New American Standard Bible

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one." New International Version

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one!" New King James Version"

"And one of the scribes came up and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, asked him, "Which commandment is the first of all?" Jesus answered, "The first is, `Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, THE LORD IS ONE; and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.' The second is this, `You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these." And the scribe said to him, "You are right, Teacher; you have truly said that HE IS ONE, and there is no other but he; and to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the strength, and to love one's neighbor as oneself, is much more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices." And when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, he said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God."" Mark 12:28-34 Revised Standard Version

“The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one." .... "You are right in saying that God is one" New International Version

"Here is the most important one. Moses said, 'Israel, listen to me. The Lord is our God. The Lord is one." .... "You are right in saying that God is one." New International Readers Version

"Jesus answered: Listen, Israel! The Lord our God, The Lord is One." .... "You have correctly said that He is One," Holman Christian Standard Bible

"Jesus answered, The first is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God, the Lord is one:" .... "thou hast well said that he is one;" American Standard Version

"Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is one." New King James Version

"Jesus answered, "The most important is, 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one" .... "You have truly said that he is one," English Standard Version

"Jesus said, "The first in importance is, 'Listen, Israel: The Lord your God is one;" .... "A wonderful answer, Teacher! So lucid and accurate—that God is one" The Message

"‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one." .... “You are right in saying that God is one" New International Version

"Now an intermediary implies more than one; but GOD IS ONE." Gal 3:20 Revised Standard Version

"Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but GOD IS ONE" King James Version

"A mediator, however, implies more than one party; but GOD IS ONE." New International Version

"Now an intermediary implies more than one, but GOD IS ONE." English Standard Version

"Now a mediator is not a mediator of one; but GOD IS ONE." American Standard Version

"and the mediator is not of one, and GOD IS ONE" Youngs Literal Translation

"You believe that GOD IS ONE; you do well." James 2:19 Revised Standard Version

"thou -- thou dost believe that GOD IS ONE; thou dost well," Youngs Literal translation

"Thou believest that GOD IS ONE; thou doest well:" American Standard Version

"You believe that GOD IS ONE; you do well." Holman Christian Standard Bible.

"*Thou* believest that GOD IS ONE. Thou doest well." Darby Translation.

"It’s good that you believe that GOD IS ONE." Common English Bible

"You believe that GOD IS ONE; you do well." English Standard Version

"You believe that GOD IS ONE; you do well." Amplified Bible

"You believe that GOD IS ONE You do well;" New American Standard Bible

So the Bible teaches clearly that God is ONE.

"And J-e-h-o-v-a-h shall be King over all the earth: in that day shall J-e-h-o-v-a-h be one, and his name one." Zach 14:9 American Standard Version

"And the LORD shall be King over all the earth. In that day it shall be— “The LORD is one, And His name one." New King James Version

"And the LORD will be king over all the earth. On that day the LORD will be one and his name one." English Standard Version

"And the Lord shall be King over all the earth; in that day the Lord shall be one [in the recognition and worship of men] and His name one." Amplified Bible

Elia

The Trinity is an essential of the faith we hold dear. Deny it and one has no warrant to the claim to being a Christian. It is not debatable. "

Bs"d

Why do Christians hang on to a doctrine which is nowhere to be found in the Bible, and which contradicts the Biblical doctrine that God is one?

God's Truth

the Apostles.

Listen to Me, O Jacob,
And Israel, My called:
I am He, I am the First,
I am also the Last.
When I call to them,
They stand up together.

There is only one God, and He is the Father.

God the Father is invisible He is fire.

Jesus is God the Father with a body.

God's Truth

AMR

Any teaching that makes a person kill should be questioned.

God's Truth

Bs"d

"Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our God, Y-H-W-H is ONE!" Deut 6:4

"Listen, Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is One" Holman Christian Standard Bible

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one." English Standard Version

"Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!" New American Standard Bible

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one." New International Version

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one!" New King James Version"

"And one of the scribes came up and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, asked him, "Which commandment is the first of all?" Jesus answered, "The first is, `Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, THE LORD IS ONE; and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.' The second is this, `You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these." And the scribe said to him, "You are right, Teacher; you have truly said that HE IS ONE, and there is no other but he; and to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the strength, and to love one's neighbor as oneself, is much more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices." And when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, he said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God."" Mark 12:28-34 Revised Standard Version

“The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one." .... "You are right in saying that God is one" New International Version

"Here is the most important one. Moses said, 'Israel, listen to me. The Lord is our God. The Lord is one." .... "You are right in saying that God is one." New International Readers Version

"Jesus answered: Listen, Israel! The Lord our God, The Lord is One." .... "You have correctly said that He is One," Holman Christian Standard Bible

"Jesus answered, The first is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God, the Lord is one:" .... "thou hast well said that he is one;" American Standard Version

"Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is one." New King James Version

"Jesus answered, "The most important is, 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one" .... "You have truly said that he is one," English Standard Version

"Jesus said, "The first in importance is, 'Listen, Israel: The Lord your God is one;" .... "A wonderful answer, Teacher! So lucid and accurate—that God is one" The Message

"‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one." .... “You are right in saying that God is one" New International Version

"Now an intermediary implies more than one; but GOD IS ONE." Gal 3:20 Revised Standard Version

"Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but GOD IS ONE" King James Version

"A mediator, however, implies more than one party; but GOD IS ONE." New International Version

"Now an intermediary implies more than one, but GOD IS ONE." English Standard Version

"Now a mediator is not a mediator of one; but GOD IS ONE." American Standard Version

"and the mediator is not of one, and GOD IS ONE" Youngs Literal Translation

"You believe that GOD IS ONE; you do well." James 2:19 Revised Standard Version

"thou -- thou dost believe that GOD IS ONE; thou dost well," Youngs Literal translation

"Thou believest that GOD IS ONE; thou doest well:" American Standard Version

"You believe that GOD IS ONE; you do well." Holman Christian Standard Bible.

"*Thou* believest that GOD IS ONE. Thou doest well." Darby Translation.

"It’s good that you believe that GOD IS ONE." Common English Bible

"You believe that GOD IS ONE; you do well." English Standard Version

"You believe that GOD IS ONE; you do well." Amplified Bible

"You believe that GOD IS ONE You do well;" New American Standard Bible

So the Bible teaches clearly that God is ONE.

"And J-e-h-o-v-a-h shall be King over all the earth: in that day shall J-e-h-o-v-a-h be one, and his name one." Zach 14:9 American Standard Version

"And the LORD shall be King over all the earth. In that day it shall be— “The LORD is one, And His name one." New King James Version

"And the LORD will be king over all the earth. On that day the LORD will be one and his name one." English Standard Version

"And the Lord shall be King over all the earth; in that day the Lord shall be one [in the recognition and worship of men] and His name one." Amplified Bible

There is only One God, and He is the Father.

Jesus is that One God and Father come in the flesh as a Son of Man.

God's Truth

Bs"d

Why do Christians hang on to a doctrine which is nowhere to be found in the Bible, and which contradicts the Biblical doctrine that God is one?

The trinity doctrine is false; however, there is three, and they are one and the same.