Your opinion on God’s Law.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Questions are always for learning. Sometimes the learning is in the question. Answers are good too, and some people have them. The Bible has them.

You should be learning from the Bible, not from man.

You are not in the dark age any more. Why do you rely on someone else to teach you?

Early Christians needed teacher to teach them because they did not have bible. But we have direct word from perfect Teacher, Jesus.

do you know Jesus says don't let anyone call you a teacher because He is the teacher?

You don't seem to know how to use Jesus' word to communicate about Christianity. You are still immature.

I am sorry to be blunt but you just don't get it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You should be learning from the Bible, not from man.

You are not in the dark age any more. Why do you rely on someone else to teach you?

Early Christians needed teacher to teach them because they did not have bible. But we have direct word from perfect Teacher, Jesus.

do you know Jesus says don't let anyone call you a teacher because He is the teacher?

You don't seem to know how to use Jesus' word to communicate about Christianity. You are still immature.

I am sorry to be blunt but you just don't get it.

You ought to know those things because you have been a Christian since childhood.
Jesus should be your teacher. The church He established has teachers as well.

You can read and learn from the Bible, no problem. There are teachers you can learn from as well. Check everything you hear against what the Bible says.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
but you have been trying to learn from this site posters.

But never mind.

I am done.

good day.
There is nothing wrong with learning from others. I am hear to help people, but I am not beyond learning myself. It is best to learn from Jesus directly. We have His words in the Bible.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
There is nothing wrong with learning from others. I am hear to help people, but I am not beyond learning myself. It is best to learn from Jesus directly. We have His words in the Bible.

You see, you don't seem to have confidence in Jesus' teachings.

that's why you are still immature after all these years.

good day.

Aletheiophile

You may have this confused. But I am not certain.

Well, being involved in the movement for a year and a half of my life, I know of which I am speaking.

It is a group/network of gentiles, reading the OT and feeling called to physically follow and fulfill OT commands. They understand the NC as Christ restoring OT law, and thus we are to follow the commandments of even the OT. They observe the moedim, kosher, sabbath. Many women wear headcoverings. Many live more traditional lifestyles. Some even do not wear mixed fabrics.

There are varying doctrines, but overall it is run by gentiles wanting to follow OT law. I say it is a type of Messianic Judaism because although it did not originate with Jews, they are related and often affiliate. Yes, I know that Messianic Judaism does make itself distinct from Hebrew Roots, but functionally they are very similar.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
They observe the moedim...

And they do so contrary to the Torah. For example: "You shall dwell in booths for seven days. All who are native Israelites shall dwell in booths... (Leviticus 23:42.)

Jacob is not obeying Torah.

The feasts of YHVH are for Israel, the people of Jacob.

Aletheiophile

And they do so contrary to the Torah. For example: "You shall dwell in booths for seven days. All who are native Israelites shall dwell in booths... (Leviticus 23:42.)

Yes, of course it is. I used to be Hebrew Roots, and was simply explaining it to Jacob.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Well, being involved in the movement for a year and a half of my life, I know of which I am speaking.

It is a group/network of gentiles, reading the OT and feeling called to physically follow and fulfill OT commands. They understand the NC as Christ restoring OT law, and thus we are to follow the commandments of even the OT. They observe the moedim, kosher, sabbath. Many women wear headcoverings. Many live more traditional lifestyles. Some even do not wear mixed fabrics.

There are varying doctrines, but overall it is run by gentiles wanting to follow OT law. I say it is a type of Messianic Judaism because although it did not originate with Jews, they are related and often affiliate. Yes, I know that Messianic Judaism does make itself distinct from Hebrew Roots, but functionally they are very similar.

The new covenant is different from the old covenant in that it is not like the old. But the old covenant still is God's Law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Jacob is not obeying Torah.

The feasts of YHVH are for Israel, the people of Jacob.
Why do you say this?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Why do you say this?

Here's why: "Speak to the children of Israel and say to them, 'The feasts of the LORD, which you shall proclaim to be holy convocations, these are My feasts.'" (Leviticus 23:2)

In this case the "children of Israel" is a reference to Jacob.