you cannot be a communist and Christian @ the same time

republicanchick

Do you have any idea what the Catholic Church says about capitalism!? I'll give you a couple of links to get you started, then afterward you might Google a bit to find out how your beloved right and Fox News have trashed the Pope for being foolish enough to have made such declarations.

National Catholic Reporter
at Chapter 2, section 1]
I read the first one you gave, the other one not working out at this time..

the pope does not say ONE thing against capitalism in that article

which figures... You libs... always claiming something and never delivering

ho hum.. you people are so tiresome

you may want to look up LYING in the Bible... and how God doesn't like it and how you end up in Hell through it

Morpheus

I read the first one you gave, the other one not working out at this time..

the pope does not say ONE thing against capitalism in that article

which figures... You libs... always claiming something and never delivering

ho hum.. you people are so tiresome

you may want to look up LYING in the Bible... and how God doesn't like it and how you end up in Hell through it
If you actually read the first and came to that conclusion your reading comprehension needs some help. Maybe if you ask a 6th grader for help. Yet I noticed that you decided to skip the Popes actual edict which is the second link. You might need a high schooler to help you with that one. Before calling someone a liar it might help if you actually know one lick about the subject.

Morpheus

If you actually read the first and came to that conclusion your reading comprehension needs some help. Maybe if you ask a 6th grader for help. Yet I noticed that you decided to skip the Popes actual edict which is the second link. You might need a high schooler to help you with that one. Before calling someone a liar it might help if you actually know one lick about the subject.
+​
which the IWant2StayIgnorant&Uninformed folks won 't read

oh well,

your loss
= Irony​

kmoney

Hall of Fame
OK, then how does the Church define Communism? I cut out the rest of your post because I never asked for a direct quote.

which the IWant2StayIgnorant&Uninformed folks won 't read

oh well,

your loss

Perhaps, but TOL is primarily for dialogue, not a link dump. I'd prefer someone to explain in their own words, perhaps with a supplemental link.

Although in this case he hasn't even posted a link so I'm not losing anything so far. :think:

republicanchick

you anti-Catholics always seem to expect Catholics here to do your homework for you: teach you what the RCC teaches.. acting like you want verbatim quotes from the Catechism, etc..

If you don't care to know about your topic any more than that, meaning that you would just depend on catholics explaining things sufficiently and comprehensively (but if they don't, oh well)

then you just WANT to be ignorant and clueless about Catholicism..

again, your choice..

But personally, I myself would be terribly embarrassed if I, say, held a lecture in which I claimed to know some topic, but found out the audience knew more... and that I didn't know half of what they do...

yes, that would be a situation I would definitely want to AVOID

+++

kiwimacahau

And still we hear the words of Luke and Matthew.

Luke 4: "..." The Spirit of the LORD is upon Me, Because He has anointed Me To preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives And recovery of sight to the blind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed; 19 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD."

Matt 25: 4 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in;
36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.'
37 "Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink?
38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You?
39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?'
40 And the King will answer and say to them, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.'

kiwimacahau

you anti-Catholics always seem to expect Catholics here to do your homework for you: teach you what the RCC teaches.. acting like you want verbatim quotes from the Catechism, etc..

If you don't care to know about your topic any more than that, meaning that you would just depend on catholics explaining things sufficiently and comprehensively (but if they don't, oh well)

again, your choice..

But personally, I myself would be terribly embarrassed if I, say, held a lecture in which I claimed to know some topic, but found out the audience knew more... and that I didn't know half of what they do...

+++

If you are going to quote the RCC's viewpoint then it is your responsibility to ensure that you provide a link so that the context of your quote can be understood. It is not my job to do your work for you.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
If you are going to quote the RCC's viewpoint then it is your responsibility to ensure that you provide a link so that the context of your quote can be understood. It is not my job to do your work for you.

:wave2: Welcome to TOL.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Why can't u be a communist and Christian both?

because the Church Christ founded opposes Communism

that's the simple answer. Now the complex aspect of the answer: WHY does it condemn Communism?

well, here is my non-Church approved response to that Q

Look what has happened everywhere Communism is instigated.. tyranny... massive murder

enough said

+++
The description of some early church groups that practiced a system of communism can be found in the authentic letters of Paul and in Luke/Acts.

At first the small group of Jesus Jews were able to duplicate the type of system outlined centuries later by Karl Marx.

"Now the full number of those who believed were of one heart and soul, and no one said that any of the things that belonged to him was his own, but they had everything in common.…There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were owners of lands or houses sold them and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and it was distributed to each as any had need."

--Acts 4:32–35

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_communism

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame

that's the simple answer. Now the complex aspect of the answer: WHY does it condemn Communism?

Look what has happened everywhere Communism is instigated.. tyranny... massive murder

enough said

+++
Catholic Monistaries are the only true form of communism on earth.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Karl Marx was an antichrist as were all the other commie leaders. Christ was not, obviously...

and I would not call communal living as practiced by monks and nuns communist... not at all.

Most people don't realize that what we call communism today, Soviet Union, China, Cuba, are actually much closer to fascism.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame

again, your choice..

+++
Didn't Jesus say go and make believers of all men? If you refuse to teach people what the Catholic Church teaches aren't you refusing to do what Jesus asked you to do?

Sitamun

again, your choice..

+++
First rule of forums, you make the claim, you provide the evidence to back it up. Did you never take a public speaking class where you learned about debate?

Sweetie, you are more clueless about your topics than just about anyone here. I mean that is when you aren't posting about your lastest republican heart throb. The fact that you've admitted that you like to avoid looking like an idiot, yet constantly show yourself either ignorant or downright lying, to just sticking your fingers in your ears shows why you can't participate in a debate and just provide a new thread for everything that comes across the scroll box on Fox News. The fact that you know nothing about Marxist Communism Vs. Leninist Communism is very telling. It's also funny that you've been shown that Catholic Monasteries are THE definition of Communism, yet you sit there and stick your fingers in your ears screaming "I can't hear you" and yet you even refuse to educate yourself on the basics of the subjects you start threads on.

....It's no wonder you're on at least your fourth account here

kiwimacahau

First rule of forums, you make the claim, you provide the evidence to back it up. Did you never take a public speaking class where you learned about debate?

Sweetie, you are more clueless about your topics than just about anyone here. I mean that is when you aren't posting about your lastest republican heart throb. The fact that you've admitted that you like to avoid looking like an idiot, yet constantly show yourself either ignorant or downright lying, to just sticking your fingers in your ears shows why you can't participate in a debate and just provide a new thread for everything that comes across the scroll box on Fox News. The fact that you know nothing about Marxist Communism Vs. Leninist Communism is very telling. It's also funny that you've been shown that Catholic Monasteries are THE definition of Communism, yet you sit there and stick your fingers in your ears screaming "I can't hear you" and yet you even refuse to educate yourself on the basics of the subjects you start threads on.

....It's no wonder you're on at least your fourth account here

Excellent points.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

enough said

+++

*****************************"you cannot be a communist and Christian @ the sametime"*********************************

The Believers Share Their Possessions (Acts 4:30-35)

31 After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.

32 All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had.

33 With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all

34 that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales

35 and put it (money) at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need.
- they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly

- All the believers were one in heart and mind.

- No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had.

- God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all that there were no needy persons among them

- put it (money) at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need

Is it "republicanchick's" contention that these early apostles, despite being filled with the Holy Spirit, couldn't have been true Christians because, "No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had?"

Last edited:

OCTOBER23

COMMUNISM started with Karl Marx and his brothers Groucho, Chico and Harpo.

It was a Utopian concept of share and share alike.

But Humans Screwedd it up.