you cannot be a communist and Christian @ the same time

republicanchick

Why can't u be a communist and Christian both?

because the Church Christ founded opposes Communism

that's the simple answer. Now the complex aspect of the answer: WHY does it condemn Communism?

well, here is my non-Church approved response to that Q

Look what has happened everywhere Communism is instigated.. tyranny... massive murder

enough said

+++

Lexington'96

Communism teaches that Heaven can be found on Earth through the dictatorship of the Proletariat. Communism is a religion where the government takes the place of God and the writings of Marx replaces the Bible. Of course, the attempts to create Heaven on Earth only resulted in death and destruction not seen at any previous point in human history.

john w

Hall of Fame
Acts 2 KJV(Communism 1)

44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common; 45 and sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. 46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, 47 praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Roman Catholicism drones-clueless.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
say what?

com·mu·nism

/ˈkämyəˌnizəm/

noun

noun: communism; noun: Communism; plural noun: Communisms

a political theory derived from Karl Marx, advocating class war and leading to a society in which all property is publicly owned and each person works and is paid according to their abilities and needs.

republicanchick

Communism teaches that Heaven can be found on Earth through the dictatorship of the Proletariat. Communism is a religion where the government takes the place of God and the writings of Marx replaces the Bible. Of course, the attempts to create Heaven on Earth only resulted in death and destruction not seen at any previous point in human history.

and only proved that it was massively wrong

but people do not study, much less LEARN from history...

and so it repeats

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

Government was ordained by God, so putting the sole blame on something that God ordained is asinine.

Communism is a form of government whose "god" is man (i.e. atheism).

Put the blame where it belongs: on moral relativist atheism.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Why can't u be a communist and Christian both?

because the Church Christ founded opposes Communism

that's the simple answer. Now the complex aspect of the answer: WHY does it condemn Communism?

well, here is my non-Church approved response to that Q

Look what has happened everywhere Communism is instigated.. tyranny... massive murder

enough said

+++

How does the Catholic Church define communism?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
it's probably in the Catechism
So you don't know? Do you care to find out? Or are you content to believe that they are against something that you are also against without knowing exactly what they condemn?

which u wont read b/c you are afraid some Cahtolicism might rub off on you...
I'm not anti-Catholic.

republicanchick

So you don't know? Do you care to find out? Or are you content to believe that they are against something that you are also against without knowing exactly what they condemn?

I trust he hierarchy in the Church and the papal writings. I don't trust everyone in the Church but I trust that Jesus will protect, as he has through the centuries, the teachings of the RCC

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I trust he hierarchy in the Church and the papal writings. I don't trust everyone in the Church but I trust that Jesus will protect, as he has through the centuries, the teachings of the RCC

But you apparently don't care enough to read what the writings actually say. :plain: You trust the teachings but can't say what they actually are. :eek:

Christian Liberty

If we're defining "communism" broadly as the idea that private property shouldn't exist and that everything should be shared in common, I'd say that that's a stupidly naive idea. But I'd be less surprised to see one get into heaven than a neocon.

republicanchick

So you don't know? Do you care to find out? Or are you content to believe that they are against something that you are also against without knowing exactly what they condemn? .
I know; I just don't know what the Catechism says and also don't know the exact wording. Unlike some precision-hating folks around here, i am not going to quote something I cannot verbatim quote.. not in a situation like this anyway. I have read parts of papal documents that address Communism and how evil it is... but I cannot recall what those documents were called or the details. Again, I don't quote when I cannot quote... I suppose you can agree that may be a good way to do things? I think it was Pope Pius X who addressed Communism... and others b4 him.. but I am not sure. I don't study that kind of thing b/c I study other things.. can't learn everything in the short time allotted me on Earth,
I'm not anti-Catholic.

coulda fooled me..

Morpheus

I know; I just don't know what the Catechism says and also don't know the exact wording. Unlike some precision-hating folks around here, i am not going to quote something I cannot verbatim quote.. not in a situation like this anyway. I have read parts of papal documents that address Communism and how evil it is... but I cannot recall what those documents were called or the details. Again, I don't quote when I cannot quote... I suppose you can agree that may be a good way to do things? I think it was Pope Pius X who addressed Communism... and others b4 him.. but I am not sure. I don't study that kind of thing b/c I study other things.. can't learn everything in the short time allotted me on Earth,

coulda fooled me..
Do you have any idea what the Catholic Church says about capitalism!? I'll give you a couple of links to get you started, then afterward you might Google a bit to find out how your beloved right and Fox News have trashed the Pope for being foolish enough to have made such declarations.

National Catholic Reporter

Evangelii Gaudium
[Note: Here you might start by looking at Chapter 2, section 1]