You are gods

Status
Not open for further replies.

CherubRam

All who will inherit life immortal are gods. Psalm 82:6 “I said, ‘You are “gods”; you are all sons of the Most High.’ 7 But you will die like mere mortals; you will fall like every other ruler.”

Genesis 6:2
the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were beautiful, and they took any they chose as wives for themselves.

Genesis 6:4
The Nephilim were on the earth both in those days and afterwards, when the sons of God came to the daughters of men, and who bore children to them. They were the powerful men of old, men of renown.
[Nephilim translated means "Fallen ones." They were [men] who were of a very low moral grade.]

Job 1:6
One day the sons of God [men] came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them.

Job 2:1
One day the sons of God came again to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them to present himself before the LORD.

Job 38:7
while the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Hos. 1:10
“Yet the Israelites will be like the sand on the seashore, which cannot be measured or counted. In the place where it was said to them, ‘You are not my people,’ they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’

Matthew 5:9
Blessed are the peacemakers, because they will be called sons of God.

Luke 20:36
For they cannot die anymore, because they are like [angels/messengers] and are sons of God, since they are sons of the resurrection.

Galatians 3:26
for you are all sons of God through faith in Messiah Yahshua.

Psalm 82:6
I said, "You are (gods / elohiym
clear.png
you are all sons of the Most High.

John 10:33-34
33"We are not stoning you for any of these," replied the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."
34 Yahshua answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are (gods / elohiym) 35If he called them ('gods / elohiym,) to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken— 36what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'?

Yahshua was asked if he was the Messiah, he was not asked if he was God. It has always been understood that the Messiah would be a god from Heaven.

John 10:24. The Jews who were there gathered around him, asking, “How long will you keep us in suspense, if you’re the Messiah, tell us plainly?”

CherubRam

Adoption to sonship

Malachi 2:15
Has not the one God made you? You belong to him in body and spirit. And what does the one God seek? Godly offspring.

Romans 8:15
The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.”

Romans 8:23
Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies.

Romans 9:4
the people of Israel. Theirs is the adoption to sonship; theirs the divine glory, the covenants, the receiving of the law, the temple worship and the promises.

Galatians 4:5
to redeem those under the law, that we might receive adoption to sonship.

Ephesians 1:5
he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will—

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The word "adoption" is a faulty translation. We have the same spiritual father as Jesus.

CherubRam

The word "adoption" is a faulty translation. We have the same spiritual father as Jesus.
A better explanation is needed.
Footnotes:

Romans 8:15 The Greek word for adoption to sonship is a term referring to the full legal standing of an adopted male heir in Roman culture.

S-word

BANNED
Banned
A better explanation is needed.
Footnotes:

Romans 8:15 The Greek word for adoption to sonship is a term referring to the full legal standing of an adopted male heir in Roman culture.

The Talmud states, "Whoever brings up an orphan in his home is regarded...as though the child had been born to him." (Sanhedrin 119b).” In other words, the adopted child is to be treated as a child born to the father of that house.

CherubRam Wrote........Yahshua was asked if he was the Messiah, he was not asked if he was God. It has always been understood that the Messiah would be a god from Heaven.

S-word........The Jews believed that Elijah who, like Enoch had been carried to heaven while still alive and translated to angelic status, is the Messiah who is to return.

Sandalphon is an archangel in Jewish and Christian writings. Sandalphon figures prominently in the mystical literary traditions of Rabbinic Judaism and early Christianity, notably in the Midrash, Talmud, and Kabbalah.

Some of the earliest sources on Sandalphon refer to him as the prophet Elijah transfigured and elevated to angelic status. Other sources (mainly from the midrashic period) describe him as the "twin brother" of Metatron, whose human origin as Enoch was similar to the human origin of Sandalphon.

Sandalphron and Metatron are post human angels, Metatron is the name that was given to Enoch after he had been translated from a body of corruptible matter into a glorious body of incorruptible light, and Sandalphron, who is erroneously thought by some to be Metatron"s twin, is in fact Elijah"s angelic name after he was carried up to stand before Enoch and was also transfigured.

Metatron is also mentioned in the Pseudepigrapha, most prominently in the Hebrew Book of Enoch (also called Third Enoch), in which his grand title, "the lesser YHVH" resurfaces. It is also said that Metatron, the anointed one=CHRIST, was the angel who guided Israel through the wilderness.

Jesus was Enoch reborn on earth.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
All who will inherit life immortal are gods. Psalm 82:6 “I said, ‘You are “gods”; you are all sons of the Most High.’ 7 But you will die like mere mortals; you will fall like every other

This again. Again? Trying to act smart when you are really dumb.:plain:

daqq

Malachi 2:15
Has not the one God made you? You belong to him in body and spirit. And what does the one God seek? Godly offspring.

That is a faulty rendering because it clearly stems from Genesis 2:7 where there is no mention of ruach, (spirit). That is what Malachi 2:15 is explaining, for it says:

Malachi 2:15 — "And did He not make one? but the remnant of the Spirit is His: and why the one? because He seeks an elohim seed: therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth."

If one does not understand this then neither will the nativity accounts be understood.

CherubRam

That is a faulty rendering because it clearly stems from Genesis 2:7 where there is no mention of ruach, (spirit). That is what Malachi 2:15 is explaining, for it says:

Malachi 2:15 — "And did He not make one? but the remnant of the Spirit is His: and why the one? because He seeks an elohim seed: therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth."

If one does not understand this then neither will the nativity accounts be understood.

Sometimes interpretations are given in place of translations.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Perhaps you would like to share your superior intellect with us about those scriptures.

No, not really. Ask STP to do it, he might have the inclination. Maybe St. John W. might give it a shot, who knows? :idunno: You might ask Nick M?

Lon

All who will inherit life immortal are gods. Psalm 82:6 “I said, ‘You are “gods”; you are all sons of the Most High.’ 7 But you will die like mere mortals; you will fall like every other ruler.”

Right, so it is an oxymoron. We are not gods. I can't walk on water. I can't add a single hour to my life. The universe doesn't exist by my right hand. In fact, the ONLY sense that I am a god is 1) if I am stupidly arrogant and a fool (and this verse suggests this is the case) 2) I am found 'in' a God Colossians 1:17 John 15:5 BTW, this is why we are triune, and you are not. You are EITHER 1 or 2. Guess which one we are. Guess which one you are and want to be?

the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were beautiful, and they took any they chose as wives for themselves.
Not popular, but these were men who were in line with number 2, not number 1.

The Nephilim were on the earth both in those days and afterwards, when the sons of God came to the daughters of men, and who bore children to them. They were the powerful men of old, men of renown.
[Nephilim translated means "Fallen ones." They were [men] who were of a very low moral grade.]
Again, not popular in today's commentaries, but these were just men, those who were gods in their own eyes, or those who found their identity and worth in God alone. That's it. No magic, just one or two imho.

1) god who exalts self, yet is powerless 2) very identity found 'in' God

One is arrogant and self-exalting, self-desiring and independent "you shall be like God."
The second is the one who is 'like God' because he/she is found in Him and they are hid with Christ in God. Colossians 3:3 1 John 3:3

Which are you? The arrogant 'god' or the one whose identity is found in Christ alone? :think:

I'd hope every thread ever after this would recognize there are two types of 'god' and only the one found in Him is the right one, and that one is rather hoping ONLY to be found in Him. Philippians 3:9 End of thread and the start of a new one now, right? Right?

daqq

Sometimes interpretations are given in place of translations.

What I posted is essentially word for word. The only thing I left out was "them" in the statement, "And did He not make them one?", but even that is implied. It speaks of the Genesis 2 creation account which lacks ruach-spirit, (also lacking pneuma-spirit in the Septuagint version).

daqq

Right, so it is an oxymoron. We are not gods. I can't walk on water. I can't add a single hour to my life. The universe doesn't exist by my right hand. In fact, the ONLY sense that I am a god is 1) if I am stupidly arrogant and a fool (and this verse suggests this is the case) 2) I am found 'in' a God Colossians 1:17 John 15:5 BTW, this is why we are triune, and you are not. You are EITHER 1 or 2. Guess which one we are. Guess which one you are and want to be?

Again, not popular in today's commentaries, but these were just men, those who were gods in their own eyes, or those who found their identity and worth in God alone. That's it. No magic, just one or two imho.

One is arrogant and self-exalting, self-desiring and independent "you shall be like God."
The second is the one who is 'like God' because he/she is found in Him and they are hid with Christ in God. Colossians 3:3 1 John 3:3

Which are you? The arrogant 'god' or the one whose identity is found in Christ alone? :think:

I'd hope every thread ever after this would recognize there are two types of 'god' and only the one found in Him is the right one, and that one is rather hoping ONLY to be found in Him. Philippians 3:9 End of thread and the start of a new one now, right? Right?

You are denying the Testimony of Messiah, which the OP quoted from John 10:33-34, where the Master clearly says, "those to whom the Logos of Elohim has come", and, "and the scripture cannot be broken". Has the Logos of Elohim come to you? If you claim to have the Word, which you clearly do because you say by John 1:1 that "Jesus is the Logos", then the Master says that the statement from the Psalm applies to you, O god, (lol).

daqq

You are denying the Testimony of Messiah, which the OP quoted from John 10:33-34, where the Master clearly says, "those to whom the Logos of Elohim has come", and, "and the scripture cannot be broken". Has the Logos of Elohim come to you? If you claim to have the Word, which you clearly do because you say by John 1:1 that "Jesus is the Logos", then the Master says that the statement from the Psalm applies to you, O god, (lol).

And when you exalt your own understanding against the Testimony of Messiah and his and our Father you break the very first commandment, O elohim, (lol), which is, "You shall have no elohim against My face", (Exo 20:3, "equal to Me"). :chuckle:

Lon

See, I don't play with you 1) because I already said " /thread, "which means I wouldn't be entertaining contenders.

2) you are never as careful with scriptures as I attempt to always be, lest you find me making a mistake about entirely too important of issues for mistakes to be made about. Because of that, you are left to B-movie status or worse on TOL. You just make too many of these Daqq. "Not many of you should be teachers." You? You don't take Him seriously and so play this stupid dangerous game to your own detriment. I REALLY wish you'd stop doing that.
You are trying to make it about 'me' again instead of Him. :nono:

John 10:34-35 He IS God. You? Me? :nono: Exodus 4:16; 7:1 Only if/when we are found IN Him, that we 'become' gods to others. Know why? As I said, it was either 1) Genesis 3:5 your own glory, and all that you sought in thread even, instead of supporting the latter --> 2) 2 Corinthians 3:18;4:6 a reflection of Him, to a lost world, so Christ-in-us Colossians 1:27

But no, Daqq is too petty and self-serving with his own glory :vomit: Be a better person, Daqq You are jealous, rude, and 2nd rate and I HATE telling you that. You were made for better, but only in Christ can/will that happen. Your jealousy is of Him, not me. That's the whole point of my entrance to this thread and you punctuated it, not diminished it.

daqq

See, I don't play with you 1) because I already said " /thread, "which means I wouldn't be entertaining contenders.

2) you are never as careful with scriptures as I attempt to always be, lest you find me making a mistake about entirely too important of issues for mistakes to be made about. Because of that, you are left to B-movie status or worse on TOL. You just make too many of these Daqq. "Not many of you should be teachers." You? You don't take Him seriously and so play this stupid dangerous game to your own detriment. I REALLY wish you'd stop doing that.
You are trying to make it about 'me' again instead of Him. :nono:

John 10:34-35 He IS God. You? Me? :nono: Exodus 4:16; 7:1 Only if/when we are found IN Him, that we 'become' gods to others. Know why? As I said, it was either 1) Genesis 3:5 your own glory, and all that you sought in thread even, instead of supporting the latter --> 2) 2 Corinthians 3:18;4:6 a reflection of Him, to a lost world, so Christ-in-us Colossians 1:27

But no, Daqq is too petty and self-serving with his own glory :vomit: Be a better person, Daqq You are jealous, rude, and 2nd rate and I HATE telling you that. You were made for better, but only in Christ can/will that happen. Your jealousy is of Him, not me. That's the whole point of my entrance to this thread and you punctuated it, not diminished it.

It has nothing to do with me, again, you deny the Testimony of Messiah:

John 10:30-36 ASV
30 I and the Father are one.
31 The Jews took up stones again to stone him.
32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I showed you from the Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
33 The Jews answered him, For a good work we stone thee not, but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came (and the scripture cannot be broken),
36 say ye of him, whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am
the Son of God?

The above is quoting from Psalm 82:6 which employs the word elohim and therefore we know for a fact that theoi and theous in this passage are the Greek equivalents for the word elohim. Additionally they had claimed that the Master was making himself equal to Elohim Almighty; but by his very own words and response he denies it right before your very own eyes, and you also deny that truth in your doctrine:

John 10:34-36
34 Yeshua answered them, Is it not written in your own Law, "I have said, You are elohim"?
[Psalm 82:6]
35 If He called them elohim, to whom the Logos of Elohim came, and it is impossible for the Scripture to be broken:
36 You say of him, whom the Father has sanctified-set apart and sent into the world, "You blaspheme", because I said, "I am a son of Elohim"?
[Psalm 82:6]

The whole argument comes from exactly what we find in the Psalm which the Master quotes from; for not only does it say, "I have said, You are elohim", but in the same line the Psalm says, "and all of you are sons of the Most High", (Psalm 82:6). Moreover you appear not to recognize the FACT that the Master calls this LAW, and that is because the Psalms are primarily written by kings and priests, and if written by kings of Judah-Israel then it is indeed law, as in "king's law", for all the people of Israel who honor their kings and priests and their writings and decrees, (for example this Psalm is written by Asaph, a head of the priests). Moreover you continue to ignore the FACT that the Master says this scripture cannot be broken. Moreover you are still ignoring the FACT of what was also already said to you, that the Master says that it concerns, "those to whom the Logos of Elohim had come". It is therefore YOU who does not take these things seriously, not me, and you prove it with every response wherein you again and again deny the Testimony of Messiah, nearly every time it is quoted to you, and that is because you uphold your traditions of your church and your fathers of your particular brand of faith over and above the Testimony of the Messiah whom you claim to know and follow.

Psalm 82:6-7
6 I said, You are elohim, and all of you are sons of the Most High.
7 But you shall die as adam, and fall as one of the sarim-princes.

You do not actually believe the Testimony of Messiah: for you claim to have Messiah who is the Logos-Word, and you do confess that he is the Logos-Word from John 1:1, and that means that either the Logos-Word has come to you or at least that is your claim; however you reject what the Master says all of this means because you neither want the responsibility, nor desire to take responsibility for the constant judgments you proclaim against others who also believe and should be counted as brethren. But if you do not want the responsibility for what being a son of Elohim entails then why do you run around judging people as if you are an elohim? :chuckle:

Moreover your whole argument is fallacious when you start off comparing this to the lie from the serpent in the garden; for we all know what the scripture says, "Behold, the man has become as one of us", and therefore you do not even truly understand what the lie was. Go teach yourself, O teacher, and remove the beam from your eye while you are at it. If these things were not important to me I would not be here: and if they were indeed important to you then you would actually discuss them instead of making proclamations and saying you do not wish to discuss it with those you have judged in your own mind; you would concentrate on the subject matter instead of the continual false accusations and slander which you continually engage in, just as you have now done here yet again.

S-word

BANNED
Banned

Job 1:6
One day the sons of God [men] came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them.

Job 2:1
One day the sons of God came again to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them to present himself before the LORD.

Job 38:7
while the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Hos. 1:10
“Yet the Israelites will be like the sand on the seashore, which cannot be measured or counted. In the place where it was said to them, ‘You are not my people,’ they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’

Matthew 5:9
Blessed are the peacemakers, because they will be called sons of God.

Luke 20:36
For they cannot die anymore, because they are like [angels/messengers] and are sons of God, since they are sons of the resurrection.

Galatians 3:26
for you are all sons of God through faith in Messiah Yahshua.

Psalm 82:6
I said, "You are (gods / elohiym
clear.png
you are all sons of the Most High.

John 10:33-34
33"We are not stoning you for any of these," replied the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."
34 Yahshua answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are (gods / elohiym) 35If he called them ('gods / elohiym,) to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken— 36what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'?

Yahshua was asked if he was the Messiah, he was not asked if he was God. It has always been understood that the Messiah would be a god from Heaven.

John 10:24. The Jews who were there gathered around him, asking, “How long will you keep us in suspense, if you’re the Messiah, tell us plainly?”

CherubRam wrote.........Genesis 6:2; the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were beautiful, and they took any they chose as wives for themselves.

S-word.........According to Reuben in his last Testament to his children, Chapter 5: verse 5; "For thus they (The pre-flood women) allured the Watchers/heavenly observers, who were before the flood; for as these continually beheld them, they lusted after them, and they conceived the act in their mind; for they changed themselves into the shape of men, and 7 appeared to them when they were with their husbands.

It was from within the bodies of their husbands, which the Sons of God had possessed, that they united with the women and were able to pass on their issue.

CherubRam

CherubRam wrote.........Genesis 6:2; the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were beautiful, and they took any they chose as wives for themselves.

S-word.........According to Reuben in his last Testament to his children, Chapter 5: verse 5; "For thus they (The pre-flood women) allured the Watchers/heavenly observers, who were before the flood; for as these continually beheld them, they lusted after them, and they conceived the act in their mind; for they changed themselves into the shape of men, and 7 appeared to them when they were with their husbands.

It was from within the bodies of their husbands, which the Sons of God had possessed, that they united with the women and were able to pass on their issue.

What is your source?

Status
Not open for further replies.