Ye must be born again !

beloved57

Being born again happens when someone is born again. They believe and pass from death to life. Belief in Christ creates new life in the dead sinner. The Holy Spirit is leading all men to Christ so the Calvinist assertion that one must be saved before they are saved is absurd.

Rabbit trail comment!

beloved57

God quickens us together with Christ !

Eph 2:5

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

All for whom Christ, were quickened together with Christ, meaning when He was quickened from the dead, or made alive from the dead, so were they for whom He died. In the principal of Headship representation [like man in Adam] when Christ was made alive from the dead after having died for the sins of many [Heb 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many;], the many for whom sins He died were made alive with Him.

This ensures, makes sure and certain the making alive personally of everyone for whom He died. Thats why Peter wrote 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Believers had been first begotten again through the Resurrection of Christ from the dead. This being begotten again is proof, evidence that we were represented by Christ our Surety Head when He was made alive from the dead after having died for our sins. If we are never begotten again by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, then He did not for our sins, and we were never quickened together with Him, its as simple as that !

Nanja

God quickens us together with Christ !

Eph 2:5

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

All for whom Christ, were quickened together with Christ, meaning when He was quickened from the dead, or made alive from the dead, so were they for whom He died. In the principal of Headship representation [like man in Adam] when Christ was made alive from the dead after having died for the sins of many [Heb 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many;], the many for whom sins He died were made alive with Him.

This ensures, makes sure and certain the making alive personally of everyone for whom He died. Thats why Peter wrote 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Believers had been first begotten again through the Resurrection of Christ from the dead. This being begotten again is proof, evidence that we were represented by Christ our Surety Head when He was made alive from the dead after having died for our sins. If we are never begotten again by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, then He did not for our sins, and we were never quickened together with Him, its as simple as that !

Exactly, and that's why Jesus told Nicodemus, "ye must be born again" John 3:7, because Nicodemus was a Sheep of His John 10:11, Christ Knew (ginōskō) him John 10:14 to be In Him Eph. 1:4, when He was raised from the dead Heb. 13:20!

~~~~~

beloved57

Exactly, and that's why Jesus told Nicodemus, "ye must be born again" John 3:7, because Nicodemus was a Sheep of His John 10:11, Christ Knew (ginōskō) him John 10:14 to be In Him Eph. 1:4, when He was raised from the dead Heb. 13:20!

~~~~~
Excellent point!

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Being born again happens when someone is born again.

We can always tell when someone is born again. Jesus said, "The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit." (John 3:8)

KingdomRose

John 3:7

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

When Jesus told Nicodemus that except a man be born again he cannot see [perceive] the Kingdom of God as per vs 3

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

In essence, what Jesus meant, except ye are of that seed in Me, by being Chosen in Him before the foundation of the World [Eph 1:4] ye cannot see or understand the Kingdom of God, which is to include it's Gospel, The Gospel of the Kingdom or of the Kingdom of God. Matt 24:14

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Mark 1:14

Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

Which are also the Kingdom Mysteries Luke 8:10

And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

Now, even though Jesus was giving a condition " except ye be born again ", yet He was not giving a imperative or duty for one to perform to become born again; because there is nothing a person can do to be born; even if it was for us to go back into our mothers womb, [ which its not] how could we accomplish that ? Could we make ourselves fetuses again ? Would that be in our ability ?

But nevertheless, Christ meant what He said in stating that 'Ye must be born Again " !

"Ye must be born again" IF you are part of Christ's government that will rule over the earth. If you are not, you don't have to be born again. You will live on the earth in paradise conditions forever.

The only reason to be "born again" is to be able to become a spirit person at your death, being CHANGED to meet Jesus in heaven. Those of us who will inherit the earth do not need to be changed. We will keep our physical bodies.

Have no fear, people, if being "born again" is strange & confusing to you. It is only for those with heaven in their future. I welcome the prospect of living in a physical paradise eternally.

beloved57

"Ye must be born again" IF you are part of Christ's government that will rule over the earth. If you are not, you don't have to be born again. You will live on the earth in paradise conditions forever.

The only reason to be "born again" is to be able to become a spirit person at your death, being CHANGED to meet Jesus in heaven. Those of us who will inherit the earth do not need to be changed. We will keep our physical bodies.

Have no fear, people, if being "born again" is strange & confusing to you. It is only for those with heaven in their future. I welcome the prospect of living in a physical paradise eternally.

You quoted a post of mine, did you read and understand the points made with scripture?

KingdomRose

Ok please prove it. What are the points I made ?

OK. (1) A person can't perceive the Kingdom of God as per vs 3, unless he is born again. I understand that verse to mean that a person can't enter into the Kingdom unless he is born again. "Seeing" probably means the same thing here.

(2) Jesus was saying that unless a person is part of his "seed," having been chosen before the foundation of the world, he can't understand the Kingdom of God. I agree that a person who will be part of that Kingdom government must be chosen by God, according to the plan by God which He formed after Adam sinned and before the "world"....that is, the world of alienated mankind that began with Cain. God foreordained a particular GROUP to rule with Christ, even though He chose not to foreknow the INDIVIDUALS in that group.

(3) The Gospel of the Kingdom will be preached throughout the earth before the end comes, as per Matt.24:14. Yes, absolutely. It is Jesus' theme for his entire ministry.

(4) We don't have the ability to cause ourselves to be born again. I agree. It is God who chooses the co-rulers who will be with Christ in heaven. They aren't any better than the rest of Jesus' followers; they just happened to be in line ahead of us. The number of the group of co-rulers has been filled, and now most of us Christians are looking forward to life in paradise on earth forever. (Psalm 37:9-11,29)

beloved57

OK. (1) A person can't perceive the Kingdom of God as per vs 3, unless he is born again. I understand that verse to mean that a person can't enter into the Kingdom unless he is born again. "Seeing" probably means the same thing here.

(2) Jesus was saying that unless a person is part of his "seed," having been chosen before the foundation of the world, he can't understand the Kingdom of God. I agree that a person who will be part of that Kingdom government must be chosen by God, according to the plan by God which He formed after Adam sinned and before the "world"....that is, the world of alienated mankind that began with Cain. God foreordained a particular GROUP to rule with Christ, even though He chose not to foreknow the INDIVIDUALS in that group.

(3) The Gospel of the Kingdom will be preached throughout the earth before the end comes, as per Matt.24:14. Yes, absolutely. It is Jesus' theme for his entire ministry.

(4) We don't have the ability to cause ourselves to be born again. I agree. It is God who chooses the co-rulers who will be with Christ in heaven. They aren't any better than the rest of Jesus' followers; they just happened to be in line ahead of us. The number of the group of co-rulers has been filled, and now most of us Christians are looking forward to life in paradise on earth forever. (Psalm 37:9-11,29)
I didn't ask you for your understanding.

beloved57

John 3:3

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again or from above, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

The Kingdom of God here is the Gospel, or the Gospel of the kingdom, which is but another name for the Gospel of Jesus Christ,or the Gospel of God's Grace. And a person can't see or understand it unless born again or from above. This entails being given a new heart and new spirit as per Ezk 36:26

26 A new heart also will I give you,26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Then a person can see/understand the Gospel of the kingdom,the kingdom of God.

Jerry Shugart

The Kingdom of God here is the Gospel, or the Gospel of the kingdom, which is but another name for the Gospel of Jesus Christ,or the Gospel of God's Grace. And a person can't see or understand it unless born again or from above. This entails being given a new heart and new spirit as per Ezk 36:26

Your idea is exactly what the Calvinists teach, that being "born again" (regeneration) precedes "faith." That is according to the "logical order of salvation" spoken here by Calvinist R.C. Sproul:

"The 'ordo salutis' is the order of salvation. This focuses on the acts of God and the response of the individual in salvation. God calls us, produces regeneration in us, so that we respond with repentance, faith, and obedience. Behind the divine call is God’s electing decree. The 'ordo salutis' is not concerned with a temporal sequence of events, but with a logical order" (The Order of Salvation, Ligonier Ministries, The Teaching Fellowship of R.C. Sproul).​

According to this the logical order is first, God calling us. Then secondly, He produces regeneration (born again) in us. Then finally that enables us to respond in faith.

So being "born again" precedes faith in the Calvinist's logical order. But both Peter and James makes it plain that is is faith which results in being "born again":

"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God...And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you" (1 Pet.1:23,25).​

"He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created"
(Jas.1:18).​

beloved57

Your idea is exactly what the Calvinists teach, that being "born again" (regeneration) precedes "faith." That is according to the "logical order of salvation" spoken here by Calvinist R.C. Sproul:

"The 'ordo salutis' is the order of salvation. This focuses on the acts of God and the response of the individual in salvation. God calls us, produces regeneration in us, so that we respond with repentance, faith, and obedience. Behind the divine call is God’s electing decree. The 'ordo salutis' is not concerned with a temporal sequence of events, but with a logical order" (The Order of Salvation, Ligonier Ministries, The Teaching Fellowship of R.C. Sproul).​

According to this the logical order is first, God calling us. Then secondly, He produces regeneration (born again) in us. Then finally that enables us to respond in faith.

So being "born again" precedes faith in the Calvinist's logical order. But both Peter and James makes it plain that is is faith which results in being "born again":

"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God...And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you" (1 Pet.1:23,25).​

"He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created"
(Jas.1:18).​

Unless a person is born again they can't understand the Gospel.

Paul says the same thing here 1 Cor 2:14

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually

The Gospel of Christ is spiritually discerned.

Nanja

John 3:3

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again or from above, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

26 A new heart also will I give you,26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Then a person can see/understand the Gospel of the kingdom,the kingdom of God.

So True, only after being given a new heart / mind in New Birth!

That's the reason why so many false gospels are being preached today:

It's because those who preach them are not of God; have never been Born of God or Born Again.

John 8:43, 47
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Therefore, they are spiritually unable to Hear the Gospel of God's Grace, which are God's Words:

The Good News is that Grace was Given to all God's Elect Children before the World began:

2 Tim. 1:8-9
8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;
9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

And it was then that God's Elect Children, who make up the Kingdom of God, were Justified by the same Grace in their Surety Head and Mediator Christ Jesus Heb. 7:22.

Rom. 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus

Titus 3:7
That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Rom. 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

So each one of God's Elect chosen In Union with Christ before the world began, shall be born in Time and be Born Again.

Not by anything they do, but solely by the Work of God: No intervention or participation from man.

This Gospel of God's Grace gives Eternal God all the Glory from start to finish!

beloved57

nanja

So True, only after being given a new heart / mind in New Birth!

A New Heart, after its given, Jesus says they understand the word Matt 13:23

But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

I believe the good ground is the new heart given in new birth !

Nanja

nanja

A New Heart, after its given, Jesus says they understand the word Matt 13:23

But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

I believe the good ground is the new heart given in new birth !

I'm certainly with you on that Brother! :thumb:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame