Ye must be born again !

beloved57

What is the New Birth ? 2

Also in addition, the New Birth is the attending fruit of Christ's Righteousness having been Imputed to those He died for, because Righteousness demands Life Prov 12:28

28 In the way of righteousness is life: and in the pathway thereof there is no death.

And because Christ's Obedience unto death makes them He died for Righteous Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Then Life , Spiritual Life, must be granted to spiritually dead sinners whom He makes Righteous by His Obedience !

Last edited:

beloved57

What is the New Birth ? 3

Life must follow Imputed Righteousness, and that is what Paul means in Rom 5:18

even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Because of Christ's Death, those He died for receive both Justification and Life. Life flows to them that have been Justified or made righteous by the obedience of one Rom 5:19b, and for all whom He rose again because of their Justification Rom 4:25

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for[because of] our justification.

And they receive the attending life for Prov 11:19

As righteousness tendeth to life: so he that pursueth evil pursueth it to his own death.

Prov 12:28

In the way of righteousness is life: and in the pathway thereof there is no death.

This is Spiritual Life and Eternal Life, and again Rom 5:18 informs us that Both Justification and Life are the fruits of Christ's Death ! The word Justification here in the text

I.the act of God declaring men free from guilt and acceptable to him

II.abjuring to be righteous, justification

So Life given validates being made Righteous, which Life is New Birth !

Last edited:

beloved57

Born again of incorruptible seed, by the Word of God !

1 Pet 1:3,23

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible[seed], by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Now understand something, before there can be a birth, life must exist, before a baby is born into the world Jn 16:21, they had life hidden inside the womb by creation power, and so one that is born again, a life they had already before it was manifested.

In the text this birth is of incorruptible seed, even the word of God, the Logos of God, the Lord Jesus Christ in preincarnate and prexisting state, before His Incarnation in which He was made flesh Jn 1:1,14

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

14 And the Word[logos] was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Now in Him as the Logos/Word of God was Life Jn 1:4

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

And this Life which was in Him, was for men, but what men ? It was His Offspring, His Seed, which were all men who had been Chosen in Him before the foundation Eph 1:4, His Church/Bride/Wife/Offspring, and they had a life in Christ the Logos, it was hidden in Him before all worlds Col 3:3

3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

And Paul directed this comment to the Elect of God Col 3:12

12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

Now again, this Life hid in Christ, the Elect of God had in Him before the foundation, even before the life natural they had in Adam at the beginning of the world, for Christ was their Head before Adam was, which life they had in Adam was corruptible, it fell by temptation of the flesh, and any fellowship with God was lost by it, and any hope of a restored Life and Fellowship with God, is in that Life they have hid in Christ, the Logos of God, which comes by Election Union Eph 1:4. Being born again of incorruptible seed, the Word/Logos of God is only possible if one had been Chosen in Him before the foundation, and by that had Life in Him Jn 1:4

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

And the Light is the Light of Life Jn 8:12

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Last edited:

beloved57

New Birth result of being Justified by Grace !

New Birth result of being Justified by Grace !

Titus 3:7

7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

All for whom Christ died, tasted death for by the Grace of God Heb 2:9, have been Justified before God, cleared of all guilt and punishment due, Justified by His Grace also by Redemption Rom 3:24

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: See Eph 1:7 also.

Now having been Justified by Grace, they shall be made Heirs according to the Hope of Eternal Life, that is made Heirs subjectively.

The word made here in Titus 3:7 is important, its the greek word ginomai and means:

I.to become, i.e. to come into existence, begin to be, receive being,

to cause to be, to be generated, create, evolve, originate

Here in the Salvation context of being made Heirs it speaking of being made a New Creature, New Birth or Generation. It agrees with Rom 5:19b How that by the obedience of one many shall be made Righteous, that is subjectively Righteous, just as by the disobedience of one Adam, many were made subjectively sinners, hence being born sinners with a nature to match, so being made righteous by Christ's obedience one shall be born righteous by New Birth of the Spirit, which makes them experimentally Heirs by Faith !

beloved57

The New Birth/Spiritual Resurrection is one of the proofs/evidences that Christ died for us and was raised again for our Justification Rom 4:25 and that we were in Union with Him when He did it. This is what ensures our spiritual resurrection from being by nature dead in trespasses and sins Eph 2:1,5.

This is whay Jesus told nicodemus that he must be born again Jn 3, for by tellling him this it was a direct indication that nicodemus was one for whom He would die, and that being so, because He would rise from the dead, he must be born again or given new spiritual life from spiritual death.

Again thats why Paul writes to the Ephesian Believers this Eph 2:1-6

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)
6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

And why Peter wrote to believers saying 1 Pet 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Because they were in Union with Him when He rose from the dead after having been delivered for their offences Rom 4:25, So Christ's resurrection from the dead was theirs, and receiving spiritual life is proof of the same; this is so much so, that if one is not born again in this life, its a sure proof that they had no part in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, He did not die and raise for them !

Last edited:

Nanja

The New Birth/Spiritual Resurrection is one of the proofs/evidences that Christ died for us and was raised again for our Justification Rom 4:25 and that we were in Union with Him when He did it. This is what ensures our spiritual resurrection from being by nature dead in trespasses and sins Eph 2:1,5.

This is whay Jesus told nicodemus that he must be born again Jn 3, for by tellling him this it was a direct indication that nicodemus was one for whom He would die, and that being so, because He would rise from the dead, he must be born again or given new spiritual life from spiritual death.

Again thats why Paul writes to the Ephesian Believers this Eph 2:1-6

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

And why Peter wrote to believers saying 1 Pet 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Because they were in Union with Him when He rose from the dead after having been delivered for their offences Rom 4:25, So Christ's resurrection from the dead was theirs, and receiveng spiritual life is proof of the same; this is so much so, that if one is not born again in this life, its a sure proof that they had no part in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, He did not die and raise for them !

Precisely!

~~~~~

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Those who are born of the flesh are flesh and flesh bleeds.

Those born of the Spirit do not bleed. They are invisible and immortal.

beloved57

He that Loveth is Born of God !

1 Jn 4:7

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

Love to God and other Believers is an evidence of having been born of God. So the OT Saints that Loved God and their Brethren had to have been born of God. For instance David wrote Ps 18:1-3

I will love thee, O Lord, my strength.

2 The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

3 I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

Ps 26:8

Lord, I have loved the habitation of thy house, and the place where thine honour dwelleth.

Ps 31:23

O love the Lord, all ye his saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer.

Ps 97:10

Ye that love the Lord, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.

Ps 116:1

I love the Lord, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications.

Ps 145:20

The Lord preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy.

All things work together for their good Rom 8:28

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

They that Love God, Love those born of God as well. 1 Jn 5:1

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

David said Ps 119:63

I am a companion of all them that fear thee, and of them that keep thy precepts.

That word companion means knit together Col 2:12

That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;

So OT Saints and NT Saints had to be born of God to Love God. This shows the connection of the Body of Christ, the Church from the OT to the NT !

Epoisses

Being born again happens when someone is born again. They believe and pass from death to life. Belief in Christ creates new life in the dead sinner. The Holy Spirit is leading all men to Christ so the Calvinist assertion that one must be saved before they are saved is absurd.