ECT Would MAD be more accepted if Gal 2:7 were not in the text

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
So far, i've nothing against MAD generally speaking, just another example of getting stuck. I remember when I first began truly UNDERSTANDING Paul's good news. I also remember when I got my first bike, THEN I learned how to ride it. It's when it becomes extremism coupled with "gang" style drive-bys. Stuck. They might find more.

For instance, i just saw a great post - Charismania and Lawlessness. some folks are content to exchange clever, and i admit, sometimes funny quips. It's great to re-read and study ALL of The Bible, but God also warns us of the future, hence Revelation.

I am not a doomsday predictor or a man that wants the world to end, I am not a prophet of ANY kind, but I see and feel something in the world today. I can identify passionately with MAD in principle, but why be mad ONLY when you can go all the way, and be INSANE FOR CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD AND SAVIOR

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I really don't believe PJ knows anything about what, "MAD" stands for? He/she's just taking a wild guess?
"Usually" when someone designates themselves a "Christian OTHER" they are mixing, ' The True Gospel'
with some form of false doctrine! I would ask "PJ" to give a testimony of how he/she became a member
of "The Body of Christ?" And, does he/she know for certain where they will spend eternity, and why?

"Others" usually, cannot or will not comply with this request!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I really don't believe PJ knows anything about what, "MAD" stands for? He/she's just taking a wild guess?
"Usually" when someone designates themselves a "Christian OTHER" they are mixing, ' The True Gospel'
with some form of false doctrine! I would ask "PJ" to give a testimony of how he/she became a member
of "The Body of Christ?" And, does he/she know for certain where they will spend eternity, and why?

"Others" usually, cannot or will not comply with this request!

Mat 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

heir

TOL Subscriber
No, I see you as a very confused believer.

Hopefully someday, you will give up following Darby, and believe what the Bible says.
What you really mean when you say, "believe what the Bible says" is don't believe it means what it says:

Dispensationalists claim to take the literal approach to scriptures. That's the same mistake the Pharisees did with OT prophecies pertaining to their Messiah. Because the Pharisees took the OT prophecies literally, they rejected their Messiah.

You make the same mistake as the Pharisees.

musterion

Because the Pharisees took the OT prophecies literally,
That is a flat-out LIE.

Taking the Law literally is exactly what God expected Israel to do.

Christ condemned them, not for following the Law to the letter, but for layering their own human traditions on top of it.

I look forward to the day you are banned forever from TOL for your insufferable lying against Scripture.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That is a flat-out LIE.

I said PROPHECIES, not the law.

Try to pay attention.

You might want to learn the difference between "Law and Prophets".

Last edited:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What you really mean when you say, "believe what the Bible says" is don't believe it means what it says:

No, what I said is that Dispensationalists take OT prophecies literally, and that's the same thing the Phrarisees did.

SaulToPaul 2

Do You guys work in shifts ?:loser:

I work the TOL first shift, early AM to mid afternoon, eastern time.

saint john w, the Great, is a Bud Fox by day and works TOL on the second shift...mid afternoon until late night, eastern time.

heir is freelance, we hire her to work odd hours as she becomes available.

Dialogos

Back up the truck! Mark 1:14 says:

Mark 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
Right....

I forgot about the KJV only folks.

Nevertheless, even the KJV won't bail you out of the variety of "gospels" that all refer to a single body of knowledge proclaimed during the ministries of John the Baptist and the Lord Jesus.

Matthew refers to the gospel that Jesus preached as the gospel of the kingdom (Matthew 4:23) while mark refers to the gospel as the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God (Mark 1:1).

Are these different gospels?

No?

So would you agree that the bible can call the same gospel by different terms?

heir said:
So you believe the gospel of the kingdom is the same as the gospel of God?
Of course.

That gospel progressively developed as the events of redemptive history progressed, of course.

So Jesus didn't publicly proclaim His death, burial and resurrection (though He did disclose this to His disciples even if they weren't prepared to hear it).

You look at the progressive development of the one gospel and impose a man made structure chopping it up in order to maintain the artificial distinction between the church and Israel. And you do so very inconsistently.

Most MAD folks I have heard believe that Jesus and Paul preached different gospels even though the scriptures refer to them both as the Gospel of Christ (See Mark 1:1 and Romans 1:16).

heir said:
Think again. Take a look at what Mark 1:15 KJV describes the gospel of the kingdom as and then how Romans 1:1-4 defines the gospel of God. Do you really think those are the same gospel?

Which gospel is at hand heir?

The gospel of Jesus Christ or the gospel of the kingdom?

Mark doesn't appear to think they are different:

"The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God"; (Mar 1:1 KJV)

"Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, (Mar 1:14 KJV)"

Are there two different gospels in Mark alone?

SaulToPaul 2

"Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, (Mar 1:14 KJV)"

If you read the rest of Mark 1, you will see what the good news in Mark 1:1 is. That the promised Son was there on the scene, beginning his ministry. No more , no less.

Scripture will usually explain it all for you.

Check out the "everlasting gospel" in Revelation. Scripture will define exactly what the content of this good news message is.

Dialogos

MAD delineates the ones already delineated in Scripture. Your argument is with God, not us.
:nono:

MAD makes the word "dispensation" mean a period of time (which no Greek lexicon will define it as...). And then proceeds to manufacture "dispensations" that the bible never refers to as dispensations and ignores the very clear covenantal delineations of the bible.

I'll bet you believe that there is a dispensation of conscience right?

Where in the bible can I find that?

Do you want a simple and clear illustration of how MAD makes up dispensations?

The word οικονομια only occurs 9 times in the entire NT.

3 of those are used in Jesus' parable in Luke 16 to refer to the stewardship of the dishonest manager.

The other six are used by Paul:
1 Cor 9:17 where Paul talks about his responsibility to preach the gospel (nothing to do at all with any epoch of time).
Ephesians 1:10 Here Paul speaks of a plan for the fullness of time.
Ephesians 3:2 This one which the dispies love but is really best seen as Paul's responsibility to take the gospel to the gentiles
Ephesians 3:9 Where, again, it speaks of God's unfolding plan
Colossians 1:25 Very much the same idea as Ephesians 3:2
1 Tim 1:4 Which refers to the stewardship of faith in contrast to the speculations on geneologies.

Not a single time in all the bible does it refer to a "dispensation of conscience" or a "dispensation of innocence" or a "dispensation of patriarchal rule."

On the other hand, I can point out specifically and unambiguously the covenants that God makes with man.

Every single one, I can give you chapter and verse.

Musterion said:
First, you have a choice to make here. Either words in the Bible mean things, or they do not.
I totally agree!

Which is why you are not at liberty to take the work "dispensation" and contort it to mean something it doesn't in order to chop up the bible into sections the bible never refers to.

Musterion said:
Put another way…either these, for the most part, are different “good newses” that are somehow distinct from one another, or they are all the exact same “good news” simply referred to by different labels. Which is the case?
Same gospel.

But if you are going to be consistent in applying your logic then you really should claim that Mark 1:1 speaks of a different gospel than Mark 1:14 since Mark uses different words to describe the gospel.

Is that what you believe?

Musterion said:
Second, if you want to know what various Gospels in the Bible actually mean (instead of trying to guess by what they’re called), try to perceive the terms of what each required…in other words, what is the exact “good news” proffered in each, and what were people expected or required to do about it. That’ll clue you big.
Good idea, and when you do so you find that the gospel that Jesus preached is as much about grace as the gospel that Paul preached.

Contrary to some MAD folks, Jesus didn't preach works righteousness.

Musterion said:
Third, Deut 6:25 is one of the many “good newses” in the Bible:
Where in the bible is this ever referred to as a gospel?

Words have meaning.

Musterion said:
You are too ignorant and confused as to what we actually believe to have posted this. Seriously. You posted a straw man and don't even know it.
Feel free to correct any misconceptions you think I have. Did the gospel of Jesus Christ, the son of God begin with Jesus or with Paul? Which gospel did Jesus proclaim?

Musterion said:
Anyway, Romans 1:2-3 contains the clue you need, if you have eyes to see it.
Romans 1:2-3 is a beautiful synopsis of the gospel.

So you tell me, was Jesus promised beforehand for the Jews in Jesus' time? Was He not the descendant of David of according to the flesh? Isn't that more relevant for Jew than a gentile? Think here :think: isn't Romans supposed to be Paul preaching the gospel of the un-circumcision?

Musterion said:
And? In what respect are these the same Gospel that Paul said was revealed and committed unto him directly from heaven, which he received nor was taught by any man?
Which you think means what?

That the message of salvation to the gentiles is different than the message of salvation to the Jews?

Why not let the passage be exegeted in context.

"For I would have you know, brothers, that the gospel that was preached by me is not man's gospel. 12 For I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ. 13 For you have heard of my former life in Judaism, how I persecuted the church of God violently and tried to destroy it. 14 And I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my own age among my people, so extremely zealous was I for the traditions of my fathers. 15 But when he who had set me apart before I was born, and who called me by his grace, 16 was pleased to reveal his Son to me, in order that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately consult with anyone; 17 nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me, but I went away into Arabia, and returned again to Damascus. (Galatians 1:11-17 ESV)"​

Paul didn't say that he received a completely different message than the one preached by Peter, he said that he didn't receive the gospel from Peter, or James, or John or anyone, he received the gospel from a revelation from Christ. Furthermore, he didn't run right out and seek the approval of the other apostles, he didn't need to. He got the gospel from Jesus Himself.

Musterion said:
See…either words mean things, or they don’t.
I agree!

So where in Galatians does it say that Paul received a different gospel than the one Peter was preaching?

Hint: Saying that Paul didn't receive the gospel from Peter is not the same thing as saying that Paul received a different gospel.

What Paul does say is that there isn't another gospel (Gal 1:6) and that if Peter is preaching one, he is damned (Gal 1:8).

:jawdrop:

If MAD is right, Peter is burning in hell for preaching another gospel.

Musterion said:
Because (a) Paul said what he said and (b) Paul made the same distinction elsewhere.
Really, where?

Because so far you have been unsuccessful in giving us a valid example.

john w

Hall of Fame
I work the TOL first shift, early AM to mid afternoon, eastern time.

saint john w, the Great, is a Bud Fox by day and works TOL on the second shift...mid afternoon until late night, eastern time.

heir is freelance, we hire her to work odd hours as she becomes available.

I'm also a part time life guard, at an automatic carwash, in the winter.

john w

Hall of Fame
Are these different gospels?

No?

So would you agree that the bible can call the same gospel by different terms?

Of course.

That gospel progressively developed as the events of redemptive history progressed, of course.

So Jesus didn't publicly proclaim His death, burial and resurrection (though He did disclose this to His disciples even if they weren't prepared to hear it).

Which gospel is at hand heir?

The gospel of Jesus Christ or the gospel of the kingdom?

Made up.The 12, including Judas, preached the good news of the coming kingdom of heaven upon the earth, "the days of heaven upon the earth," "the gospel of the kingdom," which they did for almost 3 years, and it had NADA to do with the dbr good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That is a flat-out LIE.

Christ condemned them, not for following the Law to the letter, but for layering their own human traditions on top of it.

I look forward to the day you are banned forever from TOL for your insufferable lying against Scripture.

Then you should be banned yourself.

You need to become a man of the Spirit.

2Co 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Rom 9:30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.
Rom 9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
Rom 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

LA