Will You Escape the Judgment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Pate

Banned
I haven't been on TOL for sometime. On may 31st I had a massive heart attack that almost killed me. I have been recovering from that. July the 3rd will be my 85th birthday and my 49th wedding anniversary. My mind is still good but my body is dying. I still have a burden for the many lost souls that are on TOL, so many of you are professing Christians, but you have not been born again, this article is for you.

Not everyone that professes faith in Christ are saved. The Bible plainly teaches that only a remnant will be saved, Romans 9:27. Why is it that only a remnant will be saved? The answer is because those that profess Christ as their savior have not entered into his rest. What does it mean to enter into "His Rest?".

"For he that has entered into HIS REST, he also has ceased from his own works, as God did from his" Hebrews 4:10.

Only those that have entered into "His Rest" will be saved, the rest will perish. Those that have entered into "His Rest" are also "In Christ". This is why Paul wrote,

"That I might be found in him, not having my own righteousness which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith" Philippians 3:9.

Entering into his rest and being in Christ are much the same thing. We that have entered into his rest are resting in Christ. We are no longer trusting in our works or our obedience to the law, instead we are trusting in the work of Jesus (which is the Gospel) and in his obedience to the law. Many will say, "That is what I believe also". If that is what you believe, then why do you have a religion? Religion is not an indication of faith in Christ, religion is an indication of the absence of faith.

Why do you have to have a religion or a doctrine other than the Gospel? The truth of the matter is that you have not entered into his rest, you are still trusting in something other than the work and the person of Jesus Christ.

"Not everyone that says unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the Kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of the my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not preached in your name? and in your name cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works? And then I will profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity" Matthew 7:21-23.

The will of the Father is that you trust in the work and the person of Jesus Christ, plus nothing. It is not Jesus Christ plus Calvinism, nor is it Jesus Christ plus the Catholic church. In the judgment it is going to be Jesus Christ, plus nothing. Will you escape the judgment? or will you be in the Lord, Lord, didn't I group?

I will respond to the replies to this article as I am able to.

genuineoriginal

I haven't been on TOL for sometime. On may 31st I had a massive heart attack that almost killed me. I have been recovering from that. July the 3rd will be my 85th birthday and my 49th wedding anniversary.
Congratulations.

Entering into his rest and being in Christ are much the same thing. We that have entered into his rest are resting in Christ. We are no longer trusting in our works or our obedience to the law, instead we are trusting in the work of Jesus (which is the Gospel) and in his obedience to the law. Many will say, "That is what I believe also". If that is what you believe, then why do you have a religion? Religion is not an indication of faith in Christ, religion is an indication of the absence of faith.
Religion is not an indication of the absence of faith.

Why do you have to have a religion or a doctrine other than the Gospel?
We have religion because the Apostle Paul went around Asia setting up churches of believers.

The truth of the matter is that you have not entered into his rest, you are still trusting in something other than the work and the person of Jesus Christ.

"Not everyone that says unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the Kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of the my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not preached in your name? and in your name cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works? And then I will profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity" Matthew 7:21-23.
Jesus stated that we are to do something other than just trust in the work and person of Jesus Christ: we are also to do the will of the Father which is in heaven.

The will of the Father is that you trust in the work and the person of Jesus Christ, plus nothing.
You are mistaken.
Doing the will of the Father involves actually doing instead of pretending that you only have to trust that Jesus already did all the doing that needs to be done.

Matthew 21:28-32
28 But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard.
29 He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.
30 And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not.
31 Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.
32 For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him.​

When the Father tells you to go work today, you reply that you don't have to because Jesus worked yesterday.

Robert Pate

Banned
Congratulations.

Religion is not an indication of the absence of faith.

We have religion because the Apostle Paul went around Asia setting up churches of believers.

Jesus stated that we are to do something other than just trust in the work and person of Jesus Christ: we are also to do the will of the Father which is in heaven.

You are mistaken.
Doing the will of the Father involves actually doing instead of pretending that you only have to trust that Jesus already did all the doing that needs to be done.

Matthew 21:28-32
28 But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard.
29 He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.
30 And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not.
31 Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.
32 For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him.​

When the Father tells you to go work today, you reply that you don't have to because Jesus worked yesterday.

I appreciate your reply.

The only thing that counts for anything in the New Testament is faith. Very little is said about works.

Paul even wrote,

"But to him that does NO WORKS, but believes on him that justifies the ungodly, his FAITH is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

Faith, not works counts for righteousness. Religion has it backwards.

With faith comes the Holy Spirit. It is the Holy Spirit working in to life of the believer that will produce good works, Ephesians 2:10. Not religion. No one needs to teach you how to live the Christian life and do good works. That is the work of the Holy Spirit.

Robert Pate

Banned
Did Jesus mention works in his instructions to the churches addressed in the Revelation?

Jesus was a teacher of the law, was born under the law, lived his earthly life under the law and died under the law.

The law demands perfection. "Be perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect" Matthew 5:48.

All of the instructions (laws) that Jesus gave to the apostles and the churches are binding. If you fail to keep one of the commandments you have failed to keep the whole law, James 2:10.

If you fail to keep the law that makes you a sinner. All sinners are under the judgment of God and will be condemned.

Jesus taught the law to reveal the Father and to show you that you are a sinner that needs to be saved.

genuineoriginal

I appreciate your reply.

The only thing that counts for anything in the New Testament is faith. Very little is said about works.

Paul even wrote,

"But to him that does NO WORKS, but believes on him that justifies the ungodly, his FAITH is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

Faith, not works counts for righteousness. Religion has it backwards.
Religion does not have it backwards.
You can't have faith without works.

James 2:20
20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?​

With faith comes the Holy Spirit. It is the Holy Spirit working in to life of the believer that will produce good works, Ephesians 2:10. Not religion. No one needs to teach you how to live the Christian life and do good works. That is the work of the Holy Spirit.
You seem to have a problem with God establishing a religious hierarchy that puts Bishops over other believers.

genuineoriginal

Jesus was a teacher of the law, was born under the law, lived his earthly life under the law and died under the law.

The law demands perfection. "Be perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect" Matthew 5:48.
Perfection is not demanded by the Law, which gives instructions on the proper sacrifices to use when we are not perfect.
The statement you are quoting as if it comes from the Law is actually a commandment from Jesus.
This is what Jesus said about keeping His commandments:

John 14:21
21 [JESUS]He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.[/JESUS]​

All of the instructions (laws) that Jesus gave to the apostles and the churches are binding. If you fail to keep one of the commandments you have failed to keep the whole law, James 2:10.
No, the Law refers to the commandments given to the children of Israel from God through Moses.
These are different from the commandments of Jesus.

If you fail to keep the law that makes you a sinner. All sinners are under the judgment of God and will be condemned.
God gave instructions in the Law about sacrifices to atone for the sins.
Keeping the Law was never a difficult thing to do because of this.

Jesus taught the law to reveal the Father and to show you that you are a sinner that needs to be saved.
Actually, Jesus taught the Law to show what the Father really intended by giving the Law and how the Pharisees had distorted it for their own purposes.

Robert Pate

Banned
Perfection is not demanded by the Law, which gives instructions on the proper sacrifices to use when we are not perfect.
The statement you are quoting as if it comes from the Law is actually a commandment from Jesus.
This is what Jesus said about keeping His commandments:

John 14:21
21 [JESUS]He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.[/JESUS]​

No, the Law refers to the commandments given to the children of Israel from God through Moses.
These are different from the commandments of Jesus.

God gave instructions in the Law about sacrifices to atone for the sins.
Keeping the Law was never a difficult thing to do because of this.

Actually, Jesus taught the Law to show what the Father really intended by giving the Law and how the Pharisees had distorted it for their own purposes.

Christians are not under the law nor are they subject to it. The reason being is because Jesus is the end and the fulfillment of the law, Romans 10:4. In our name and on are behalf Jesus has offered to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to God's holy law. This is how we are justified, Romans 3:26.

Christians no longer live according to rules and laws because, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. Living by faith does not mean living by rules, laws or religion. Living by faith means that we live by faith in Christ and his Gospel.

In the Gospel we are justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus we stand before God as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 1:10. No laws, rules or religion needed.

genuineoriginal

Christians are not under the law nor are they subject to it.
Christians are not under the written law that God gave to the children of Israel through Moses.
Christians are subject to the law written on our hearts by the Holy Spirit.

Christians no longer live according to rules and laws because, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. Living by faith does not mean living by rules, laws or religion. Living by faith means that we live by faith in Christ and his Gospel.
Actually, living by faith not only means living by rules, laws, and religion, but it also means going beyond those rules, laws, and religion to live righteously before God.
This is what Jesus taught in the Sermon on the Mount.

In the Gospel we are justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus we stand before God as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 1:10. No laws, rules or religion needed.
What you are trying to do is establish your own righteousness.

Romans 10:3
3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.​

What you should be doing is stop making the law void through faith and start establishing the Law.

Romans 3:31
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.​

Robert Pate

Banned
Christians are not under the written law that God gave to the children of Israel through Moses.
Christians are subject to the law written on our hearts by the Holy Spirit.

Actually, living by faith not only means living by rules, laws, and religion, but it also means going beyond those rules, laws, and religion to live righteously before God.
This is what Jesus taught in the Sermon on the Mount.

What you are trying to do is establish your own righteousness.

Romans 10:3
3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.​

What you should be doing is stop making the law void through faith and start establishing the Law.

Romans 3:31
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.​

Christians do not posses a righteousness that God will accept, Romans 3:10. Christ is our righteousness.

We establish the law by being "In Christ" Romans 3:26.

"Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: BUT BY THE LAW OF FAITH" Romans 3:27.

The law that is written on our hearts by the Holy Spirit is not the same law that God gave to Moses. There is no demand to obey, instead there is a prompting of the Spirit to obey. We can and frequently do resist. Simply because we are sinners, Romans 3:23.

Living by faith does not mean living by laws, rules or religion. Living by faith means to live according to the Gospel. In the Gospel we have ALREADY been reconciled unto God by the doing and the dying of Jesus, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. In the Gospel we are complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. In the Gospel we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed by Jesus Christ, 1 Corinthians 1:30.

You seem to think that salvation is all about you.

clefty

I haven't been on TOL for sometime. On may 31st I had a massive heart attack that almost killed me. I have been recovering from that. July the 3rd will be my 85th birthday and my 49th wedding anniversary. My mind is still good but my body is dying. I still have a burden for the many lost souls that are on TOL, so many of you are professing Christians, but you have not been born again, this article is for you.

Not everyone that professes faith in Christ are saved. The Bible plainly teaches that only a remnant will be saved, Romans 9:27. Why is it that only a remnant will be saved? The answer is because those that profess Christ as their savior have not entered into his rest. What does it mean to enter into "His Rest?".

"For he that has entered into HIS REST, he also has ceased from his own works, as God did from his" Hebrews 4:10.

Only those that have entered into "His Rest" will be saved, the rest will perish. Those that have entered into "His Rest" are also "In Christ". This is why Paul wrote,

"That I might be found in him, not having my own righteousness which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith" Philippians 3:9.

Why do you have to have a religion or a doctrine other than the Gospel? The truth of the matter is that you have not entered into his rest, you are still trusting in something other than the work and the person of Jesus Christ.

The will of the Father is that you trust in the work and the person of Jesus Christ, plus nothing. It is not Jesus Christ plus Calvinism, nor is it Jesus Christ plus the Catholic church. In the judgment it is going to be Jesus Christ, plus nothing. Will you escape the judgment? or will you be in the Lord, Lord, didn't I group?

I will respond to the replies to this article as I am able to.

You survived a massive heart attack?

HalleluYah!!...

hmmmm...so does your heart beat in order for you to become alive...or because you already are...

each breath the same...do you breath to become alive or because you already are...

Same with works...we are saved first...acknowledging that we WANT to live...is why we do the works and out of gratitude for having been saved (become alive) first...

We did NOTHING to become born...we do the same to be reborn...we merely acknowledge it and do what is necessary to remain alive...and forever if abiding in Him

Robert Pate

Banned
You survived a massive heart attack?

HalleluYah!!...

hmmmm...so does your heart beat in order for you to become alive...or because you already are...

each breath the same...do you breath to become alive or because you already are...

Same with works...we are saved first...acknowledging that we WANT to live...is why we do the works and out of gratitude for having been saved (become alive) first...

We did NOTHING to become born...we do the same to be reborn...we merely acknowledge it and do what is necessary to remain alive...and forever if abiding in Him

We are born again when we hear and believe the Gospel, just like on the day of Pentecost, Acts Chapter 2. This is why Paul wrote,

"So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17.

It is all of God. Good works are a product of the Holy Spirit. When we hear and believe we are sealed with the Holy Spirit. There is no unsealing, once sealed always sealed.

"In whom you also trusted after you heard the word of truth, THE GOSPEL OF YOUR SALVATION in whom after that you believed, YOU WERE SEALED WITH THAT HOLY SPIRIT OF PROMISE" Ephesians 1:13.

This is why we need to preach the Gospel.

clefty

We are born again when we hear and believe the Gospel, just like on the day of Pentecost, Acts Chapter 2. This is why Paul wrote,

"So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17.

It is all of God. Good works are a product of the Holy Spirit. When we hear and believe we are sealed with the Holy Spirit. There is no unsealing, once sealed always sealed.

"In whom you also trusted after you heard the word of truth, THE GOSPEL OF YOUR SALVATION in whom after that you believed, YOU WERE SEALED WITH THAT HOLY SPIRIT OF PROMISE" Ephesians 1:13.

This is why we need to preach the Gospel.

Good works are indeed a product of the Holy Spirit...is why Yah is needing us to do them and as a direct result of our belief and faith...

So there are good works to be done...prepared in advance for us to do...

Not one work earns our salvation...all are done as a result of it...

Glad we cleared that up...

Now as for “once sealed always sealed”

“But he who endures to the end shall be saved” Matt 24:13

“Behold I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown” Rev. 3:11

It is NOT just a one time claim of faith...even Satan believes in Him...the demons have faith but lack something...

We are to abide in Him...if we love Him...and do...and certainly not just once...

Again when you breath it is NOT to come alive it is BECAUSE you are alive...and we are to breath more than once...

Robert Pate

Banned
Good works are indeed a product of the Holy Spirit...is why Yah is needing us to do them and as a direct result of our belief and faith...

So there are good works to be done...prepared in advance for us to do...

Not one work earns our salvation...all are done as a result of it...

Glad we cleared that up...

Now as for “once sealed always sealed”

“But he who endures to the end shall be saved” Matt 24:13

“Behold I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown” Rev. 3:11

It is NOT just a one time claim of faith...even Satan believes in Him...the demons have faith but lack something...

We are to abide in Him...if we love Him...and do...and certainly not just once...

Again when you breath it is NOT to come alive it is BECAUSE you are alive...and we are to breath more than once...

I agree.

Perseverance is a part of the work of the Holy Spirit. Those that have received the Gospel as their only means of salvation are indwelt with the Holy Spirit and will never fall away. Those that do fall away never did believe the Gospel in the first place, they were counterfeits.

clefty

I agree.

Perseverance is a part of the work of the Holy Spirit. Those that have received the Gospel as their only means of salvation are indwelt with the Holy Spirit and will never fall away. Those that do fall away never did believe the Gospel in the first place, they were counterfeits.

This is NOT a catholic marriage by which the church determines the validity of the marriage.

A Catholic annulment, also known as a declaration of nullity or invalidity, is a statement of fact by the Catholic Church. After carefully examining the couple's broken relationship, the Church states that a valid marriage, as the Church defines marriage, never existed. It is not "Catholic divorce," as some have called it, since divorce looks at the moment the relationship broke down and says, "A marriage existed, and now we are ending it." The annulment process says, on the other hand, "From the very beginning, something was lacking that was necessary for this relationship to be called a marriage."

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/...ily/marriage/catholic-marriage-and-annulments

As if when Yah joined together He Himself overlooked or missed reasons to invalidate His joining...so now the church has to find them...

The Way is a process that at any point we can miss the mark, err, fall, stumble, cause others to do the same...

True the Spirit guides us in all things but we being fallen kick against the pricks of the Spirit and sometimes permenantly as for it to leave us...

Like the bronze serpent which had the Spirit of healing for a specific purpose and time the Spirit left it...however it was still worshipped as if it still retained the Spirit..it was then an idol

Like Saul’s appointment to king he failed to persevere and the Spirit left him...

Like the temple...once made Holy by the Spirit it was then destroyed as the Spirit no longer resided in it...

Like the Holy Land which once contained the Spirit...It then left and the land is no longer Holy...

What Yah joins together man CAN seperate by his heart and hands...but let no man do so...

Once saved always saved would mean even David would not need to repent...or Paul who himself knew he still did that which HE HATED...

If it was once saved always saved our reward would be for our conviction not our works

“Behold, I come quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to each person according to what he has done.” Rev 22:12

See? What each person has DONE not believed.

Is why it remains “Here are they that KEEP the commandments of Yah and the faith OF Yahushua”

Again...it is not faith IN Him...but the faith OF Him His way...thus His Faith walk was followed...His obedience to His Father’s Will...this was the faith OF Yahushua

Keep His faith Robert...even to the cross

WWJD?...do that...just as...like Paul said “copy me as I copy Christ”...just as

Run the race...His race...to the end

clefty

We are born again when we hear and believe the Gospel, just like on the day of Pentecost, Acts Chapter 2.

“When the day of Pentecost came, they (believers) were all together in one place.”

So to illustrate how it works...

because they had faith they were saved from Egypt...because they went into the desert they received the Law...and because now, in the book of Acts thousands of years later, the church of the wilderness was still faithful and still gathered for the Pentecost...it was anointed...

Now because they had faith and gathered they were blessed further with the in dwelling of the Holy Spirit...

Only faith with works is faith...

And at any point they could have stopped gathering...but then missed out...

Robert Pate

Banned
“When the day of Pentecost came, they (believers) were all together in one place.”

So to illustrate how it works...

because they had faith they were saved from Egypt...because they went into the desert they received the Law...and because now, in the book of Acts thousands of years later, the church of the wilderness was still faithful and still gathered for the Pentecost...it was anointed...

Now because they had faith and gathered they were blessed further with the in dwelling of the Holy Spirit...

Only faith with works is faith...

And at any point they could have stopped gathering...but then missed out...

The Gospel is the faith activator. On the day of Pentecost they heard about the "Wonderful works of God" Acts 2:11. Which is the Gospel. This is why Paul wrote, "So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" Romans 10:17.

No one can be born again without hearing and believing the Gospel.

"Being born again, not of corruptible seed (works) but of incorruptible, by the word of God (the Gospel) which lives and abides for ever" 1 Peter 1:23.

clefty

The Gospel is the faith activator. On the day of Pentecost they heard about the "Wonderful works of God" Acts 2:11. Which is the Gospel. This is why Paul wrote, "So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" Romans 10:17.

No one can be born again without hearing and believing the Gospel.

"Being born again, not of corruptible seed (works) but of incorruptible, by the word of God (the Gospel) which lives and abides for ever" 1 Peter 1:23.

Yes...and on that day of Pentecost...which they were already celebrating...they were now able to hear further truth...on a day which remains as Paul made clear that festival days ARE a shadow not WERE a shadow...

Responsible with little you are given more...

So again it was their FAITH in ACTION that had them gather on that day and they were blessed for it...

Faith + works= A saved soul as much as dust + spirit= A living soul

All glory to the One Who secures both

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
Yes...and on that day of Pentecost...which they were already celebrating...they were now able to hear further truth...on a day which remains as Paul made clear that festival days ARE a shadow not WERE a shadow...

Responsible with little you are given more...

So again it was their FAITH in ACTION that had them gather on that day and they were blessed for it...

Faith + works= A saved soul as much as dust + spirit= A living soul

All glory to the One Who secures both

Looking back over your post there is nothing about the Gospel. Do you believe the Gospel? Do you believe that you are justified by faith? Tell me about your salvation experience.

clefty

Looking back over your post there is nothing about the Gospel. Do you believe the Gospel? Do you believe that you are justified by faith? Tell me about your salvation experience.

Again and again and again...faith first...that is the Gospel He came died and was resurrected you believe/have faith then show your gratitude...it is that simple

By faith they left egypt and were saved...and then given festival of Pentecost and thus were gathered hundreds of years later to celebrate the Pentecost and received MORE BLESSINGS...please notice that they met to keep an OT festival EVEN THOUGH IT WAS AFTER THE BIRTH DEATH AND RESURRECTION...yup they STILL gathered as their faith compelled them too...still...ok?

They unlike most christians DID NOT THINK HE CAME TO ABOLISH THE LAW nor did HE CHANGE THE LAW as the false witnessing jews tried to claim

The festivals still remain...is why because of their FAITH they met...

They had faith and were justified as Noah was...as Abraham was...as all the FAITH heroes listed in Hebrews...

SO YOU LISTENING? I have said again and again and again...we keep the Law and we do the works BECAUSE WE HAVE FAITH WE ARE SAVED and NOT TO GAIN SALVATION

Just like your heart beats not to make you alive but because you already are alive...

You breath not to become alive but because you already are alive...

You do works NOT TO GAIN SALVATION but BECAUSE YOU ALREADY ARE...

It is the faith IN HIM BECAUSE OF WHAT HE DID...THE GOSPEL that motivates compels and inspires WORKS...out of gratitude...

Just as they met that day for Pentecost because of their faith...and were blessed...

Seriously Robert stop playing coy about this...

Status
Not open for further replies.