Will You Escape the Judgment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

genuineoriginal

I hope you don't think that you are going to be saved because you are a "good and faithful servant".
Why would you want me to suffer damnation instead of being saved?

There is only one good and faithful servant and it is not you.
Jesus spoke those words as part of a parable.
The interpretation of the parable has Jesus as the man traveling to a far country and what He will do about His followers upon His return.
Therefore, Jesus is the one looking for good and faithful servants when He returns and we are either good and faithful servants or unprofitable servants.

Matthew 25:14-30
14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.
15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.
16 Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.
17 And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.
18 But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.
19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.
20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.
23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:
27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.​

If anyone goes to heaven it will be on the merits of Jesus Christ and not our own.
If anyone goes to heaven it will be because of the choices of Jesus Christ based on whether He thinks we have merit, and He will not choose anyone who persists in refusing to serve Him while expecting to go to heaven based on the merits of Jesus Christ.

God sees us as perfect "In Christ".
No, He doesn't.

I am afraid that you are going to be in the "Lord, Lord, didn't we" group spoken of in Matthew 7:21-23.
No, that category is reserved for those that refuse to do the will of the Father but instead are workers of lawlessness that falsely think God sees them perfect "in Christ".

Robert Pate

Banned
Why would you want me to suffer damnation instead of being saved?

Jesus spoke those words as part of a parable.
The interpretation of the parable has Jesus as the man traveling to a far country and what He will do about His followers upon His return.
Therefore, Jesus is the one looking for good and faithful servants when He returns and we are either good and faithful servants or unprofitable servants.

Matthew 25:14-30
14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.
15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.
16 Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.
17 And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.
18 But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.
19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.
20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.
23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:
27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.​

If anyone goes to heaven it will be because of the choices of Jesus Christ based on whether He thinks we have merit, and He will not choose anyone who persists in refusing to serve Him while expecting to go to heaven based on the merits of Jesus Christ.

No, He doesn't.

No, that category is reserved for those that refuse to do the will of the Father but instead are workers of lawlessness that falsely think God sees them perfect "in Christ".

The will of the Father is that you believe on his Son Jesus Christ.

As Christians we have no merit that God will accept. Simply because, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

All of the parables have a spiritual meaning. The talents represent the Gospel. Jesus has entrusted to us his Gospel. The main question is what are you going to do with it?

MennoSota

I haven't been on TOL for sometime. On may 31st I had a massive heart attack that almost killed me. I have been recovering from that. July the 3rd will be my 85th birthday and my 49th wedding anniversary. My mind is still good but my body is dying. I still have a burden for the many lost souls that are on TOL, so many of you are professing Christians, but you have not been born again, this article is for you.

Not everyone that professes faith in Christ are saved. The Bible plainly teaches that only a remnant will be saved, Romans 9:27. Why is it that only a remnant will be saved? The answer is because those that profess Christ as their savior have not entered into his rest. What does it mean to enter into "His Rest?".

"For he that has entered into HIS REST, he also has ceased from his own works, as God did from his" Hebrews 4:10.

Only those that have entered into "His Rest" will be saved, the rest will perish. Those that have entered into "His Rest" are also "In Christ". This is why Paul wrote,

"That I might be found in him, not having my own righteousness which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith" Philippians 3:9.

Entering into his rest and being in Christ are much the same thing. We that have entered into his rest are resting in Christ. We are no longer trusting in our works or our obedience to the law, instead we are trusting in the work of Jesus (which is the Gospel) and in his obedience to the law. Many will say, "That is what I believe also". If that is what you believe, then why do you have a religion? Religion is not an indication of faith in Christ, religion is an indication of the absence of faith.

Why do you have to have a religion or a doctrine other than the Gospel? The truth of the matter is that you have not entered into his rest, you are still trusting in something other than the work and the person of Jesus Christ.

"Not everyone that says unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the Kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of the my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not preached in your name? and in your name cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works? And then I will profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity" Matthew 7:21-23.

The will of the Father is that you trust in the work and the person of Jesus Christ, plus nothing. It is not Jesus Christ plus Calvinism, nor is it Jesus Christ plus the Catholic church. In the judgment it is going to be Jesus Christ, plus nothing. Will you escape the judgment? or will you be in the Lord, Lord, didn't I group?

I will respond to the replies to this article as I am able to.
Pray that God would choose to save your fellow sinners.
We enter into God's rest by God's gracious pardon on our sins, by the atoning work of Christ Jesus.
May God open the eyes of the blind and the ears of the deaf.
Unless God builds the house, the labor is in vain.

MennoSota

If anyone goes to heaven it will be because of the choices of Jesus Christ based on whether He thinks we have merit,
That is demonstrably false according to the Bible.
Spiritually dead people cannot merit God's favor.
The Bible says that "no one seeks after God, not even one."
Ephesians 2:1 tells us that we were dead in our trespasses and sins.
Ephesians 2:4-5 tells us that God made us alive in Christ Jesus.
Ephesians 2:8-9 tells us that we have been saved by grace through faith, that NOT of ourselves, it is the gift of God so that no one can boast.
Your statement is false.
and He will not choose anyone who persists in refusing to serve Him while expecting to go to heaven based on the merits of Jesus Christ.
God chose a terrorist named Saul, later known as the Apostle Paul, who was on his way to Damascus to kill Christians. He was trying to merit God's favor.
God's word stands in complete opposition to your claims.

God's Truth

The will of the Father is that you believe on his Son Jesus Christ.

As Christians we have no merit that God will accept. Simply because, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

All of the parables have a spiritual meaning. The talents represent the Gospel. Jesus has entrusted to us his Gospel. The main question is what are you going to do with it?

There is none righteous is what Paul says when quoting the Old Testament where it is said there is none who are righteous who have not ever sinned.

Paul is explaining that the Jews were not so righteous to where they never sinned not even once. Paul is explaining that the Gentiles can be included too along with the Jews.

You don't understand Paul.

God's Truth

Pray that God would choose to save your fellow sinners.
We enter into God's rest by God's gracious pardon on our sins, by the atoning work of Christ Jesus.
May God open the eyes of the blind and the ears of the deaf.
Unless God builds the house, the labor is in vain.

Jesus saves those who do what he says to do to get saved.

Robert Pate goes against what Jesus says to do to get saved.

God's Truth

That is demonstrably false according to the Bible.
Spiritually dead people cannot merit God's favor.
The Bible says that "no one seeks after God, not even one."
Ephesians 2:1 tells us that we were dead in our trespasses and sins.
Ephesians 2:4-5 tells us that God made us alive in Christ Jesus.
Ephesians 2:8-9 tells us that we have been saved by grace through faith, that NOT of ourselves, it is the gift of God so that no one can boast.
Your statement is false.

God chose a terrorist named Saul, later known as the Apostle Paul, who was on his way to Damascus to kill Christians. He was trying to merit God's favor.
God's word stands in complete opposition to your claims.

You don't understand the scriptures.

If a person wants to be saved they can do right and that is to whom the gospel is given and that is to whom God saves.

Paul had to obey Jesus before he could be saved.

Acts 10:35 but that in every nation those who fear Him and live good lives are acceptable to Him.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

MennoSota

Jesus saves those who do what he says to do to get saved.

Robert Pate goes against what Jesus says to do to get saved.

No one does what God says to do.
What does it say in Romans 3? Can you not read? Can you not comprehend that God says "no one seeks God, not even one."
When God says "not even one" how do you possibly twist that to mean "Jesus saves those who do what he says to do"? You preach a message of salvation by works. Paul condemns your message in his letter to the Galatians. He wishes that you would cut your genitals off. Could he have made it anymore graphic and obvious about how wrong you are?
Jesus tells us that those whom the Father has given him will be saved. He tells us that those sheep hear his voice. The rest do not hear. They cannot hear because God has not chosen them to be saved. Read the gospel of John and see how utterly wrong you are.
It is you who goes against what Jesus has declared.

MennoSota

You don't understand the scriptures.

If a person wants to be saved they can do right and that is to whom the gospel is given and that is to whom God saves.

Paul had to obey Jesus before he could be saved.

Acts 10:35 but that in every nation those who fear Him and live good lives are acceptable to Him.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.
You forgot to include this from Acts 13...
46 And Paul and Barnabas spoke out boldly, saying, “It was necessary that the word of God be spoken first to you. Since you thrust it aside and judge yourselves unworthy of eternal life, behold, we are turning to the Gentiles. 47 For so the Lord has commanded us, saying,

“‘I have made you a light for the Gentiles,
that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.’”

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord, and as many as were appointed to eternal life believed.
Notice..."and as many as we're appointed to eternal life believed."
Once again, you are heretically wrong.

God's Truth

You forgot to include this from Acts 13...

Notice..."and as many as we're appointed to eternal life believed."
Once again, you are heretically wrong.

You don't understand what "as many as we're appointed to eternal life believe" means.

You completely believed the false teachers on that. You should have searched the truth for yourself.

The scripture says when the GENTILES heard this they began rejoicing. Why do you think they were rejoicing? The Gentiles were just told that they could now have a relationship with God; they could now have eternal life. The Gentiles used to be excluded, and without God in the world, see Ephesians 2:12.

HOWEVER, NOW they were told they could have salvation! All those Gentiles who were there who heard the good news, the news that Gentiles as a race of people could now have eternal life, they believed. Gentiles as a nation of people were appointed to eternal life, not all Gentiles will have eternal life, and only the Gentiles who believe will have eternal life. The Gentiles who were appointed life---all those there at that time believed.

Acts 13:48 When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.

There were Jews AND Gentiles in the crowd. All who were appointed [the Gentiles] in the crowd, all of them there believed.

The scripture says the Gentiles were ordained to be included, and ALL the Gentiles that were there--- BELIEVED. It does NOT say God caused them to believe and or trust. Take more time to understand what is written and what it means.

Gentiles as a nation of people were ordained to come into a relationship with God; they were ordained to be saved as any of the Jews, if they believe and obey.
Not all Jews believe and obey. Not all Gentiles believe and obey.
The scripture about Gentiles being ordained is not about individual people; it s about all people from all nations and ethnicity ordained---to have the chance to be saved.

The Gentiles as a nation of people were ordained/allowed to be saved, but people individually still had to believe and repent of their sins.

God's Truth

Paul condemns your message in his letter to the Galatians. He wishes that you would cut your genitals off. Could he have made it anymore graphic and obvious about how wrong you are?

Paul is saying not to do the old works of the law called purification/ceremonial works.

Paul is NOT rebuking the Galatians for obeying Jesus.

Where is your sense?

MennoSota

You don't understand what "as many as we're appointed to eternal life believe" means.

You completely believed the false teachers on that. You should have searched the truth for yourself.

The scripture says when the GENTILES heard this they began rejoicing. Why do you think they were rejoicing? The Gentiles were just told that they could now have a relationship with God; they could now have eternal life. The Gentiles used to be excluded, and without God in the world, see Ephesians 2:12.

HOWEVER, NOW they were told they could have salvation! All those Gentiles who were there who heard the good news, the news that Gentiles as a race of people could now have eternal life, they believed. Gentiles as a nation of people were appointed to eternal life, not all Gentiles will have eternal life, and only the Gentiles who believe will have eternal life. The Gentiles who were appointed life---all those there at that time believed.

Acts 13:48 When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.

There were Jews AND Gentiles in the crowd. All who were appointed [the Gentiles] in the crowd, all of them there believed.

The scripture says the Gentiles were ordained to be included, and ALL the Gentiles that were there--- BELIEVED. It does NOT say God caused them to believe and or trust. Take more time to understand what is written and what it means.

Gentiles as a nation of people were ordained to come into a relationship with God; they were ordained to be saved as any of the Jews, if they believe and obey.
Not all Jews believe and obey. Not all Gentiles believe and obey.
The scripture about Gentiles being ordained is not about individual people; it s about all people from all nations and ethnicity ordained---to have the chance to be saved.

The Gentiles as a nation of people were ordained/allowed to be saved, but people individually still had to believe and repent of their sins.
I understand exactly what it means.
What confuses you about God appointing people to eternal life?
From Genesis to Revelation we see God choosing whom he wills to give faith. God chose Adam and Eve. God chose Abel and Seth. God chose Noah. God chose Abraham. God chose Jacob, not Esau. God chose Joseph. God chose Moses. God chose Joshua. God chose Ruth. God chose David. God chose, God chose, God chose. It is one of the central themes of God's amazing grace.
Yet, you desire to be saved by your corrupt and vile works. Unless God intervenes, you will die in your sins and spend eternity in hell. May God be gracious to you as he has been with all whom he elects to save.

MennoSota

Paul is saying not to do the old works of the law called purification/ceremonial works.

Where is your sense?
He's rebuking the Judaisers who are telling the Galatians that they must work to merit God's salvation. He is rebuking you!

God's Truth

Jesus tells us that those whom the Father has given him will be saved.
You completely are oblivious to the fact that Jesus came first for those who were already saved.

He tells us that those sheep hear his voice. The rest do not hear. They cannot hear because God has not chosen them to be saved. Read the gospel of John and see how utterly wrong you are.
It is you who goes against what Jesus has declared.

When Jesus walked the earth, God cut off the Jews who did not already have faith, and He hardened them. He cut off the Jews who did not already belong to Him by faith and hardened them so that while Jesus walked the earth only the Jews who already belonged by faith could come to Jesus to continue to be saved.

God's Truth

He's rebuking the Judaisers who are telling the Galatians that they must work to merit God's salvation. He is rebuking you!

Paul is rebuking them for doing the works of the old law, the purification/ceremonial works.

Those are the works that no longer save. Obeying God and having faith always saved and saves.

God's Truth

The 'not of by works' is the purification/ceremonial works of the old law.

Those are the works that no longer save.

Paul would not ever preach that NOT obeying God saves now.

Status
Not open for further replies.