Will there be animal sacrifice during the 1000 years millennium?

RealityJerk

The OC laws were like the laws of the land. Drive on this side of the road. Stop at stop signs. Pay taxes. These folks you can marry, these not.

There were also laws governing going to church since the OC did not separate church and state. You could not go to temple if you were running/oozing. So, if one had a cold with a runny nose, sneezing everywhere, or had an issue of blood, or were likely to infect others, the law was that you were unclean and ineligible to go to temple and contaminate others.

I have been to church, sat in front of someone sneezing and wheezing all over me, and wished we had a few clean and unclean laws for church going today.

We're not lawless. We're under the law of Christ, which is even more strict than the old covenant law. It's common sense to not sneeze on people in church or pass gas. Farting in the pews, should be prohibited :comeout:

iouae

We who are born again, in Christ, are Israel, whether we identify as Jewish or not. The scepter passed from earthly Judah/The Type, to actual Judah/The Lion Of Judah, who sits on the thrown of David/throne of YHWH in heaven.

You believe that the sceptre has ALREADY passed.

Here is what Genesis 49 says...

Gen 49:1
And Jacob called unto his sons, and said, Gather yourselves together, that I may tell you that which shall befall you in the last days.
Gen 49:10
The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.

Gen 49 is a prophecy for the "last days" the days when Shiloh or Christ returns. Every single prophecy for each and every tribe of Israel pertain to the yet future, just before Christ returns to take the sceptre.

In fact the verse you quote is saying the sceptre HAS NOT departed from Judah.

It is wrong to think of the church as a replacement Judah.

Christ is going to surround Himself in the Millennium, and in the post-millennial period with literal Israelites. The gates will even be named after the tribes that live at the gates of the Tabernacle that descends from heaven.

God is not finished dealing with the nation of Israel, nor is He finished with the OC laws by which He will rule the nation of Israel which will be gathered to Him, out of captivity, at His return.

The nation of Israel is just on pause while we accomplish the "times of the Gentiles" meaning the times of Gentile, world domination. These times will end. Daniel was shown a rock (Christ) returning to smite a Gentile statue, representing Gentile rule from the days of Daniel. Then Shiloh will take up His sceptre and rule the Gentiles with a rod/sceptre of iron.

Wick Stick

I originally posted this in another thread, but it seems equally appropriate here:

As far as the temple mount, and a new temple is concerned...

Stephen testified in Acts that God does not live in temples built by human hands. Peter says we are the stones of the new temple, and the priesthood thereof.

Wanting to build another temple is a fundamental misunderstanding of what God has done and is doing. Why do you want to bring back a temple and priesthood which God Himself has already judged, condemned, and destroyed? Build the temple again, and God will knock it down again.

Of course, that is what these "Christians" are actually excited about. They are hoping for Armageddon, and an end of the world. They don't want to actually worship at a new temple - they want to see it in flames. They don't want peace in Israel, they want a world war. They are nihilists, really, hoping for someone to put us all out of their misery.

Amos 5 seems appropriate:

Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light. As if a man did flee from a lion, and a bear met him; or went into the house, and leaned his hand on the wall, and a serpent bit him. Shall not the day of the LORD be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it? Amos 5:18-20

WatchmanOnTheWall

I originally posted this in another thread, but it seems equally appropriate here:

As far as the temple mount, and a new temple is concerned...

Stephen testified in Acts that God does not live in temples built by human hands. Peter says we are the stones of the new temple, and the priesthood thereof.

Wanting to build another temple is a fundamental misunderstanding of what God has done and is doing. Why do you want to bring back a temple and priesthood which God Himself has already judged, condemned, and destroyed? Build the temple again, and God will knock it down again.

Of course, that is what these "Christians" are actually excited about. They are hoping for Armageddon, and an end of the world. They don't want to actually worship at a new temple - they want to see it in flames. They don't want peace in Israel, they want a world war. They are nihilists, really, hoping for someone to put us all out of their misery.

Amos 5 seems appropriate:

Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light. As if a man did flee from a lion, and a bear met him; or went into the house, and leaned his hand on the wall, and a serpent bit him. Shall not the day of the LORD be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it? Amos 5:18-20

Many would disagree for reasons that are outlined in the OP. There are three more temples yet to be built according to prophesy. 4 previous temples mean a total of 7 in all, the number for perfection.

iouae

There was a period before the destruction of the temple and Jerusalem, where Jewish believers kept the old covenant law. That's normal and Jewish believers in Messiah, who had lived their whole lives keeping the Sabbath, abstaining from pork..etc, didn't have to reject that. Nonetheless, in Christ, both Jew and Gentile comprise Israel. We who are born again, in Christ, are Israel, whether we identify as Jewish or not. The scepter passed from earthly Judah/The Type, to actual Judah/The Lion Of Judah, who sits on the thrown of David/throne of YHWH in heaven.

While I agree with much that you say...

Take a look at the following prophecy.

Jer 33:15
In those days, and at that time, will I cause the Branch of righteousness to grow up unto David; and he shall execute judgment and righteousness in the land.
Jer 33:16
In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The LORD our righteousness.
Jer 33:17

For thus saith the LORD; David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel;
Jer 33:18
Neither shall the priests the Levites want a man before me to offer burnt offerings, and to kindle meat offerings, and to do sacrifice continually.

Obviously today, Judah is not saved and Jerusalem does not dwell safely.

This is speaking of Christ's return.
We know this further, because at His return, and only then "David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel". This is either referring to Christ or David himself.

And look how the priests and Levites offer offerings continuously. That has not happened. This again demonstrates how OC practices will be in force around Jerusalem in the Millennium.

Jer 33:14

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will perform that good thing which I have promised unto the house of Israel and to the house of Judah.

God has not yet fulfilled showing His divine blessing of Israel and Judah. Today, since 70 AD, till the end of the "time of the Gentiles" this blessing is on "pause". It is clear that the Jews are not blessed today. Note the holocaust and the state of Israel today. But they are in for it - in for divine blessing soon.

In summary, Jesus DOES NOT sit upon the throne of David yet.
When He does, He will rule. Christ sits on, not even His own throne, but on the throne of the Father, at His right hand, until the Father makes His enemies, His footstool. Future.

Wick Stick

Many would disagree for reasons that are outlined in the OP. There are three more temples yet to be built according to prophesy. 4 previous temples mean a total of 7 in all, the number for perfection.
I know that many disagree. Too bad for them. Disqualify me if you want, but...

But what do you do with Stephen's testimony in Acts? Or 1Peter calling us the temple, and the priests? Or Hebrews saying that the Levitical priesthood was done away with?

And there's the matter of types and anti-types. The temple is clearly the former. Is there any disagreement that the Body of Christ is its anti-type? If then, the anti-type is here already, what need or profit is there in the type. Indeed, it has already passed away.

Sorry if it doesn't match up with your prophetic timeline, but the CLEAR parts of Scripture (i.e. not prophetic) are all in agreement - the temple is history, the Body is now.

WatchmanOnTheWall

I know that many disagree. Too bad for them. Disqualify me if you want, but...

But what do you do with Stephen's testimony in Acts? Or 1Peter calling us the temple, and the priests? Or Hebrews saying that the Levitical priesthood was done away with?

And there's the matter of types and anti-types. The temple is clearly the former. Is there any disagreement that the Body of Christ is its anti-type? If then, the anti-type is here already, what need or profit is there in the type. Indeed, it has already passed away.

Sorry if it doesn't match up with your prophetic timeline, but the CLEAR parts of Scripture (i.e. not prophetic) are all in agreement - the temple is history, the Body is now.

Can't understand why you don't understand this subject; Sure we, the body of Christ, are the temple for the Holy Spirit and as you point out scripture confirms this but we are Christians, the Jews don't believe this, they still believe animal sacrifice in a temple is the only way to atone for their sins and they obviously want to and will soon rebuild a temple in Jerusalem. Revelation and Daniel confirm this will happen too, just as Ezekiel prophesied of a much larger temple complex that is yet to be built, (The Millennial temple) and again an even larger temple in Revelations that comes after that. Prophesy is they to be believed not dismissed. I pray the Holy Spirit reveals this to you.

Zeke

Only if you will be hanging around MT Sinai Galatians 4:24 which means you are still a babe Galatians 4:1 and least in the kingdom Matt 11:11, To think the Divine Spirit ever needed flesh sacrifices is traditional programming that keeps you killing the message 2Cor 3:6.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Only if you will be hanging around MT Sinai Galatians 4:24 which means you are still a babe Galatians 4:1 and least in the kingdom Matt 11:11, To think the Divine Spirit ever needed flesh sacrifices is traditional programming that keeps you killing the message 2Cor 3:6.

Fact is God did require sacrifices. There's pages and pages of God telling His people of what He wanted killed, when He wanted it killed, How He wanted it killed and where when and how to splash that blood all over:
:sheep::Commie::cow:

Zeke

Fact is God did require sacrifices. There's pages and pages of God telling His people of what He wanted killed, when He wanted it killed, How He wanted it killed and where when and how to splash that blood all over:
:sheep::Commie::cow:

Na mere allegory concerning the behavior of man who has the ability to react like animals before awakened to the Divine behavior Galatians 4:20-28 (Cain/letter and Able/spirit explains it. The sacrifices symbolized by the bible stories are inwardly experienced, which is why the literal interpretation of the letter kills through observation and the historic veil 2Cor 3:6, Luke 17:20-21!, still in Matt 11:11 mode looking (observation) into time/vanity Matt 11:3.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Na mere allegory concerning the behavior of man who has the ability to react like animals before awakened to the Divine behavior Galatians 4:20-28 (Cain/letter and Able/spirit explains it. The sacrifices symbolized by the bible stories are inwardly experienced, which is why the literal interpretation of the letter kills through observation and the historic veil 2Cor 3:6, Luke 17:20-21!, still in Matt 11:11 mode looking (observation) into time/vanity Matt 11:3.

Start reading the Old Testament for a change. Start Here with the first sacrifice made by God Himself:

Genesis 3:21
The LORD God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them.

Wick Stick

Can't understand why you don't understand this subject; Sure we, the body of Christ, are the temple for the Holy Spirit and as you point out scripture confirms this but we are Christians, the Jews don't believe this, they still believe animal sacrifice in a temple is the only way to atone for their sins and they obviously want to and will soon rebuild a temple in Jerusalem. Revelation and Daniel confirm this will happen too, just as Ezekiel prophesied of a much larger temple complex that is yet to be built, (The Millennial temple) and again an even larger temple in Revelations that comes after that. Prophesy is they to be believed not dismissed. I pray the Holy Spirit reveals this to you.
No... most Jews don't believe that animal sacrifice in a temple is the only way to atone for their sins. Judaism hasn't been static since Moses came down off the mountain. The synagogue replaced the temple, and the idea of atonement was largely re-cast in terms of keeping mitzvot and ritual purity.

Anyone who actually believes that the Jews are on a plan requiring propitiation with the blood of goats and lamb, is just flat out wrong. You say that God required sacrifices. I say that, it was not God that wanted sacrifices, it was Israel. God allowed sacrifices in the Bronze Age, because He wanted mercy (not sacrifices). And even then, He strictly regulated them, to the point where He essentially quarantined the practice to a single site.

The sacrificial system was abolished. It wasn't even in New Testament times. The practice of sacrifice was annulled before the Old Testament was even completed. Read the book of Amos. Here's a preview:

I hate, I despise your feast days, and I will not smell in your solemn assemblies. Though ye offer me burnt offerings and your meat offerings, I will not accept them: neither will I regard the peace offerings of your fat beasts. Amos 5:21-22

The plan that the Jews are on is repentance for atonement, as preached by John the Baptist before Jesus ministry started.

Trying to return to Bronze Age customs is bass ackwards and wrong-headed. The Jews know this. Why don't you?

WatchmanOnTheWall

No... most Jews don't believe that animal sacrifice in a temple is the only way to atone for their sins. Judaism hasn't been static since Moses came down off the mountain. The synagogue replaced the temple, and the idea of atonement was largely re-cast in terms of keeping mitzvot and ritual purity.
Only because they didn't have a choice. They we forced into creating an alternative to having their temple in Jerusalem because of the Romans. Unbelievable that you don't know this!!
Anyone who actually believes that the Jews are on a plan requiring propitiation with the blood of goats and lamb, is just flat out wrong. You say that God required sacrifices.
Wow! It's not me saying it it's God who said He requires it. Read your OT, there's pages and pages of God telling them how, where and when to sacrifice. Unbelievable that you don't know this also!!

I say that, it was not God that wanted sacrifices, it was Israel.
Read the Torah!!! Unbelievable!!!

God allowed sacrifices in the Bronze Age, because He wanted mercy (not sacrifices). And even then, He strictly regulated them, to the point where He essentially quarantined the practice to a single site.
God made the first sacrifice Himself before any 'bronze age' (That says' it all that your using secular dating terminology):

The sacrificial system was abolished. It wasn't even in New Testament times.
Well duh! Jesus was the fulfilment of the Sacrificial system! That's what it all pointed to!
The practice of sacrifice was annulled before the Old Testament was even completed. Read the book of Amos. Here's a preview:

I hate, I despise your feast days, and I will not smell in your solemn assemblies. Though ye offer me burnt offerings and your meat offerings, I will not accept them: neither will I regard the peace offerings of your fat beasts. Amos 5:21-22

NOOOO! God was angry at them not offering the best of the produce and as He prescribed. In Jesus' life He went three times every year to offer His sacrifices:

Deuteronomy 16:16
Three times a year all your men must appear before the LORD your God at the place he will choose: at the Festival of Unleavened Bread, the Festival of Weeks and the Festival of Tabernacles. No one should appear before the LORD empty-handed:

Luke 2:41
Every year Jesus' parents went to Jerusalem for the Festival of the Passover.

And this was the requirement:

Exodus 12:5
The animals you choose must be year-old males without defect, and you may take them from the sheep or the goats.

The plan that the Jews are on is repentance for atonement, as preached by John the Baptist before Jesus ministry started.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

John the Baptist was part of Jesus' ministry! He was the first to recognise Jesus was the Messiah!!!

John 1:29
The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

He was Jesus' first follower!!

Trying to return to Bronze Age customs is bass ackwards and wrong-headed. The Jews know this. Why don't you?

Your lack of understanding of the Bible and Christianity is staggering and bewildering. Worse than that other idiot here meshak!

Your're definitely on a 'sticky wicket':crackup:

Wick Stick

Only because they didn't have a choice. They we forced into creating an alternative to having their temple in Jerusalem because of the Romans. Unbelievable that you don't know this!! Wow! It's not me saying it it's God who said He requires it. Read your OT, there's pages and pages of God telling them how, where and when to sacrifice. Unbelievable that you don't know this also!!

Read the Torah!!! Unbelievable!!!

God made the first sacrifice Himself before any 'bronze age' (That says' it all that your using secular dating terminology):

Well duh! Jesus was the fulfilment of the Sacrificial system! That's what it all pointed to!

NOOOO! God was angry at them not offering the best of the produce and as He prescribed. In Jesus' life He went three times every year to offer His sacrifices:

Deuteronomy 16:16
Three times a year all your men must appear before the LORD your God at the place he will choose: at the Festival of Unleavened Bread, the Festival of Weeks and the Festival of Tabernacles. No one should appear before the LORD empty-handed:

Luke 2:41
Every year Jesus' parents went to Jerusalem for the Festival of the Passover.

And this was the requirement:

Exodus 12:5
The animals you choose must be year-old males without defect, and you may take them from the sheep or the goats.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

John the Baptist was part of Jesus' ministry! He was the first to recognise Jesus was the Messiah!!!

John 1:29
The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

He was Jesus' first follower!!

Your lack of understanding of the Bible and Christianity is staggering and bewildering. Worse than that other idiot here meshak!

Your're definitely on a 'sticky wicket':crackup:
I see that you've resorted to insulting rhetoric. I guess that means we're about done here. Sadly, what I "don't know" is more than you'll ever figure out. You are apparently no student of the Word, or of history. Just one more parrot.

Because I hate to leave blatant historical errors in your post uncorrected...

The vast majority of 1st century Jews had already transitioned away temple practice, to the use of synagogues, well before the Romans destroyed the temple. The corruption of the priesthood was well known, and attested in virtually all writings that come from that time/place in history.

The prophet Amos does not write about low quality sacrifices. His concern is that Israel uses the sacrifice as an excuse to sin.

WatchmanOnTheWall

I see that you've resorted to insulting rhetoric. I guess that means we're about done here. Sadly, what I "don't know" is more than you'll ever figure out. You are apparently no student of the Word, or of history. Just one more parrot.

Because I hate to leave blatant historical errors in your post uncorrected...

The vast majority of 1st century Jews had already transitioned away temple practice, to the use of synagogues, well before the Romans destroyed the temple. The corruption of the priesthood was well known, and attested in virtually all writings that come from that time/place in history.

The prophet Amos does not write about low quality sacrifices. His concern is that Israel uses the sacrifice as an excuse to sin.

Josephus recorded in 66 A.D. A heifer being led for sacrifice was said to have given birth to a lamb in the midst of the Temple.

Sacrificing continued right up to the siege. The last sacrifice was record in August 70AD:

http://www.josephus.org/FlJosephus2/warChronology7Fall.html

Even when the temple was burning the Priest were trying to carry on with their duties.

Wick Stick

Nearly missed your subtle climb down shame you can't produce some glad admittance of learning something new. :wave::thumb:
You didn't understand my post, responded with something that was irrelevant, and I didn't bother to try correcting you, because you don't take correction.

If you'd like me to teach you Josephus, just let me know.