Will there be animal sacrifice during the 1000 years millennium?

WatchmanOnTheWall

It say there will be a celebration each year:

Zechariah 14:16

Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the LORD Almighty, and to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles.

And there is a very large temple described that has never been built, where offerings will be slaughtered:

Ezekiel 40:39

In the portico of the gateway were two tables on each side, on which the burnt offerings, sin offerings and guilt offerings were slaughtered.

There are also two alters described; a small wooden one that sits before the Lord in the temple, like the alter of incense did but it is made of wood without any metal overlay and would therefore suggest that nothing will be burnt on it and is only a memorial alter in remembrance of the burnt offerings of the past:

Ezekiel 41:22

There was a wooden altar three cubits high and two cubits square; its corners, its base and its sides were of wood. The man said to me, "This is the table that is before the LORD."

The second alter is not described till later in chapter 43 and before it is, there is a description of how Jesus will be enthroned in this temple forever:

Ezekiel 43:6-9

6While the man was standing beside me, I heard someone speaking to me from inside the temple. 7He said: “Son of man, this is the place of my throne and the place for the soles of my feet. This is where I will live among the Israelites forever. The people of Israel will never again defile my holy name—neither they nor their kings—by their prostitution and the funeral offeringsb for their kings at their death.c 8When they placed their threshold next to my threshold and their doorposts beside my doorposts, with only a wall between me and them, they defiled my holy name by their detestable practices. So I destroyed them in my anger. 9Now let them put away from me their prostitution and the funeral offerings for their kings, and I will live among them forever.

Notice how it seem to describe the previous temple being next to something unholy. Is this describing the soon to be built third temple being between the dome of the rock and Al Aqsa Mosque on the temple mount? Maybe..

God continues to state that the temple must be built according to the measurements stated and also He then mentions it's regulations:

Ezekiel 43:10-12

10“Son of man, describe the temple to the people of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their sins. Let them consider its perfection, 11and if they are ashamed of all they have done, make known to them the design of the temple—its arrangement, its exits and entrances—its whole design and all its regulationsd and laws. Write these down before them so that they may be faithful to its design and follow all its regulations. 12“This is the law of the temple: All the surrounding area on top of the mountain will be most holy. Such is the law of the temple.

The second larger alter is now described, which is in front of the temple outside, it is about the same size as the one Solomon's temple had and that was rebuilt on the same spot by Ezra after the return from the Babylonian captivity, (also again erected by Herod and remained in its place till the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans in 70AD):

Ezekiel 43:13-17

13“These are the measurements of the altar in long cubits, that cubit being a cubit and a handbreadth: Its gutter is a cubit deep and a cubit wide, with a rim of one spanf around the edge. And this is the height of the altar: 14From the gutter on the ground up to the lower ledge that goes around the altar it is two cubits high, and the ledge is a cubit wide. From this lower ledge to the upper ledge that goes around the altar it is four cubits high, and that ledge is also a cubit wide. 15Above that, the altar hearth is four cubits high, and four horns project upward from the hearth.16The altar hearth is square, twelve cubits long and twelve cubits wide. 17The upper ledge also is square, fourteen cubitsj long and fourteen cubits wide. All around the altar is a gutter of one cubit with a rim of half a cubit. The steps of the altar face east.”18Then he said to me, “Son of man, this is what the Sovereign Lord says: These will be the regulations for sacrificing burnt offerings and splashing blood against the altar when it is built: 19You are to give a young bull as a sin offeringl to the Levitical priests of the family of Zadok, who come near to minister before me, declares the Sovereign Lord.

Now at this point Zadok is mentioned but because Zadok (and the Levitiacal priests) have long since died out this can not be restored in the temple that was described. This could suggest that from chapter 43:12 what is being described is the reestablishment of the altar that Ezra over saw? And that all the sacrificial regulations relate to the second temple? I may be wrong but in Revelation it talks about a completely different priestly order that reigns with Christ for the 1000 years; the 144,000:

Revelation 20:4-6

3And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth. 4I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5(The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 6Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

These priests resurrect before the 1000 years begin and will have resurrected bodies like Christs during the Millennial reign, while the survivors of the tribulation who go up each year at Tabernacles will not. If you would like se to the temple where the 144,000 will reign on Earth from please watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3nft2WfHJg

iouae

Seems like there will be sacrifices, performed by a restored Levitical priesthood, at Christ's coming...

Mal 3:2
But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:
Mal 3:3
And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.
Mal 3:4
Then shall the offering of Judah and Jerusalem be pleasant unto the LORD, as in the days of old, and as in former years.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Yes it is very possible yet some say that because Jesus was the last sacrifice necessary for salvation then there won't be any need for sacrifices but the rebuttal to that is that the survivors of the tribulation and their descendants, who go up to Jerusalem every year at Tabernacles will still be sinful and will therefore need to make sacrificial offerings to God the Father, while Jesus will be the High Priest over seeing all of this.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I do not know what in Scripture is referring to a Millennium.

The English word millennium refers to a thousand year period of time.

"Now when the thousand years have expired" (Revelation 20:7)

iouae

Yes it is very possible yet some say that because Jesus was the last sacrifice necessary for salvation then there won't be any need for sacrifices but the rebuttal to that is that the survivors of the tribulation and their descendants, who go up to Jerusalem every year at Tabernacles will still be sinful and will therefore need to make sacrificial offerings to God the Father, while Jesus will be the High Priest over seeing all of this.

Being a Levite and offering a sacrifice is nothing more than bringing a gift to Christ, and having a barbecue with Him, where the meat is very fresh. Representatives of all nations will do this every year, or they will get no rain the next.

Zec 14:16

And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
Zec 14:17
And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
Zec 14:18
And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
Zec 14:19
This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Being a Levite and offering a sacrifice is nothing more than bringing a gift to Christ, and having a barbecue with Him, where the meat is very fresh. Representatives of all nations will do this every year, or they will get no rain the next.

Zec 14:16

And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
Zec 14:17
And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
Zec 14:18
And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
Zec 14:19
This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Yep, that is how I see it will mostly be. A very nice time had buy all. Can't wait. :cow::sheep::TomO::firechyld:)

beameup

As was the size of the Tabernacle, so will be the dimensions of the Tribulation Temple (ie: 3rd Temple).
The Temple described in Ezekiel 40 on, would be the huge "Millennial" Temple (ie: 4th Temple).
Messiah will dwell there as Priest and King. It is much too large to place in the current topography.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
As was the size of the Tabernacle, so will be the dimensions of the Tribulation Temple (ie: 3rd Temple).
The Temple described in Ezekiel 40 on, would be the huge "Millennial" Temple (ie: 4th Temple).
Messiah will dwell there as Priest and King. It is much too large to place in the current topography.

During this age we are the temple.

During the millennium there will be physical temple and God will not indwell anyone.

beameup

During this age we are the temple.

During the millennium there will be physical temple and God will not indwell anyone.
You are missing the gap between the age of grace (ie: Body of Christ) and the Millennium.
That "gap" is the transition period between the current age and the age of the Divine Earthly Monarchy of Yeshua.
During that "gap" a small Temple will be rebuilt and sacrifices resumed. It must be standing in order for the False Messiah to enter into it and declare that He is God.

beameup

There is no gap between this present evil age and the world to come.
And he [false Christ] shall confirm the covenant with many for one shabuwa` : and in the midst of the shabuwa` he [false Christ] shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. Daniel 9:27
shabuwa` = seven, a "week" of years

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
And he [false Christ] shall confirm the covenant with many for one shabuwa` : and in the midst of the shabuwa` he [false Christ] shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. Daniel 9:27

Wrong. Christ confirmed the covenant and ended animal sacrifices.

Christ was cut off in the middle of the week.

genuineoriginal

shabuwa` = seven, a "week" of years

That is a shameful interpretation of the verse.
Here is what the verse actually states:

Daniel 9:27
27 And he (God) shall confirm the (new) covenant with many for one week (seven years): and in the midst of the week (seven years) he (God) shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease,
and for the overspreading of abominations he (God) shall make it (Jerusalem) desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.​

Here is the declaration about the new covenant:

Jeremiah 31:31-34
31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.​

Here is the confirmation of the new covenant:

Matthew 26:28
28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.​

Here is the historical evidence of the end of sacrifice and oblation:
"Forty years before the destruction of the Temple, the western light went out, the crimson thread remained crimson, and the lot for the Lord always came up in the left hand. They would close the gates of the Temple by night and get up in the morning and find them wide open" (Jacob Neusner, The Yerushalmi, p.156-157). [the Temple was destroyed in 70 CE]
"Our rabbis taught: During the last forty years before the destruction of the Temple the lot ['For the Lord'] did not come up in the right hand; nor did the crimson-colored strap become white; nor did the western most light shine; and the doors of the Hekel [Temple] would open by themselves" (Soncino version, Yoma 39b).​

Here is the declaration that Jerusalem would be left desolate:

Matthew 23:37-38
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.​

Here is the declaration of what was determined to be poured out on the desolate:

Deuteronomy 28:63-64
63 And it shall come to pass, that as the Lord rejoiced over you to do you good, and to multiply you; so the Lord will rejoice over you to destroy you, and to bring you to nought; and ye shall be plucked from off the land whither thou goest to possess it.
64 And the Lord shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there thou shalt serve other gods, which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, even wood and stone.​