Why would God need a hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...The scriptures are not boring, its just your style...
:yawn: Eph 4:14

publicity_ZW0045A020S00.jpg

Last edited:

Mickiel

"Col 1:28. preach—rather as Greek, “announce” or “proclaim.”

warning … teaching—“Warning” is connected with repentance, refers to one’s conduct, and is addressed primarily to the heart. “Teaching” is connected with faith, refers to doctrines, and is addressed primarily to the intellect. These are the two heads of evangelical teaching.

every … every man—without distinction of Jew or Gentile, great or small (Ro 10:12, 13).

in all wisdom—with all the wisdom in our method of teaching that we possess: so ALFORD. But Col 1:9; Col 3:16, favor ESTIUS’ view, which refers it to the wisdom communicated to those being taught: keeping back nothing, but instructing all in the perfect knowledge of the mysteries of faith which is the true wisdom (compare 1 Co 2:6, 7; 12:8; Eph 1:17).

present—(See on Col 1:22); at Christ’s coming.

every man—Paul is zealous lest the false teachers should seduce one single soul of Christ’s people at Colosse. So each individual among them should be zealous for himself and his neighbor. Even one soul is of incalculable value." Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 2, p. 375). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

p02x76d5.jpg

I disagree so much with those concordances, but not everything in them; but enough. Just to show you I am not against them totally, I actually like Scofield's concordance. And a bit of Strong's.

Mickiel

Why would God need a hell, when he could shrink humans to the size of microbes , and just put them in a fishbowl. Then he could turn the water in the bowl into fire. And just set the bowl on a table somewhere.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Why would God need a hell, when he could shrink humans to the size of microbes , and just put them in a fishbowl. Then he could turn the water in the bowl into fire. And just set the bowl on a table somewhere.
God loves and God hates (Mal 1:3). Esau didn't give a damn about spiritual things (Gen. 25:29–34). If you are an Esau type, you go to hell (Heb. 12:16, 17).

See:

Indifference
Denial
Rebellion

Aimiel

Who says that isn't what He meant by saying 'outer darkness'?

Timotheos

And use it as a nifty nightlight. :devil:

Zeke

The problem with reading between the lines and creating a doctrine out of what you imagine is, there isn't anything there. It's difficult to understand the reasoning behind your particular cherry picking wherein Jesus wasn't a real Person but Paul was? Honestly Zeke, I support your right to your faith but it's a stretch beyond normal liberties people take with their bible based doctrines.

I have stated that neither most likely ever existed and only represent personas of flesh and spirit in two dramas repeated through out scripture So go ahead attack a phantom/shadow which you haven't rightly divided from the light you reject 2Cor 3:6.

Its just a book like the UR which cast their spell/Dream on people who are still heading to emerald city.

Mickiel

And use it as a nifty nightlight. :devil:

Yes, he could even shrink enough of them, because Christianity is projecting billions of humans will be hell fodder ; shrink them into hundreds of little bowls and then create a kind of " Hell street", that leads to a place of darkness, but God could use this laminated path as an eternal example for the pearly bright righteous people to walk a bit of the way on, just to see what happens to ugly sinners; then they could get to the end and turn around and not loose their way, because the little bowls of the dammed are so well lit with the fire.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Yes, he could even shrink enough of them, because Christianity is projecting billions of humans will be hell fodder ; shrink them into hundreds of little bowls and then create a kind of " Hell street", that leads to a place of darkness, but God could use this laminated path as an eternal example for the pearly bright righteous people to walk a bit of the way on, just to see what happens to ugly sinners; then they could get to the end and turn around and not loose their way, because the little bowls of the dammed are so well lit with the fire.

No, no. You've got it all wrong. :dizzy: The servant tells the Master, "There's still room." Love this guy. He could have said, "We're good." But no, he gets back out there to find more:
dog_wagging.gif

“A certain man gave a great supper and invited many, and sent his servant at supper time to say to those who were invited, ‘Come, for all things are now ready.’ But they all with one accord began to make excuses. The first said to him, ‘I have bought a piece of ground, and I must go and see it. I ask you to have me excused.’ And another said, ‘I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I am going to test them. I ask you to have me excused.’ Still another said, ‘I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.’ So that servant came and reported these things to his master. Then the master of the house, being angry, said to his servant, ‘Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in here the poor and the maimed and the lame and the blind.’ And the servant said, ‘Master, it is done as you commanded, and still there is room.’
dog_smiley.gif
Then the master said to the servant, ‘Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.
smiley-chores016.gif
For I say to you that none of those men who were invited shall taste my supper.’” The New King James Version. (1982). (Lk 14:23–24). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
More Theosophical insights......

More Theosophical insights......

~*~*~

Hades was quite a different place from our region of eternal damnation, and might be termed rather an intermediate state of purification. Neither does the Scandinavian Hel or Hela, imply either a state or a place of punishment; for when Frigga, the grief-stricken mother of Bal-dur, the white god, who died and found himself in the dark abodes of the shadows (Hades) sent Hermod, a son of Thor, in quest of her beloved child, the messenger found him in the inexorable region – alas! but still comfortably seated on a rock, and reading a book. The Norse kingdom of the dead is moreover situated in the higher latitudes of the Polar regions; it is a cold and cheerless abode, and neither the gelid halls of Hela, nor the occupation of Baldur present the least similitude to the blazing hell of eternal fire and the miserable “damned” sinners with which the Church so generously peoples it. No more is it the Egyptian Amenthes, the region of judgment and purification; nor the Onderah – the abyss of darkness of the Hindus; for even the fallen angels hurled into it by Shiva, are allowed by Parabrahma to consider it as an intermediate state, in which an opportunity is afforded them to prepare for higher degrees of purification and redemption from their wretched condition. The Gehenna of the New Testament was a locality outside the walls of Jerusalem; and in mentioning it, Jesus used but an ordinary metaphor. Whence then came the dreary dogma of hell, that Archimedean lever of Christian theology, with which they have succeeded to hold in subjection the numberless millions of Christians for nineteen centuries? Assuredly not from the Jewish Scriptures, and we appeal for corroboration to any well-informed Hebrew scholar.

The only designation of something approaching hell in the Bible is Gehenna or Hinnom, a valley near Jerusalem, where was situated Tophet, a place where a fire was perpetually kept for sanitary purposes. The prophet Jeremiah informs us that the Israelites used to sacrifice their children to Moloch-Hercules on that spot; and later we find Christians quietly replacing this divinity by their god of mercy, whose wrath will not be appeased, unless the Church sacrifices to him her unbaptized children and sinning sons on the altar of “eternal damnation”!

– – Isis Unveiled, Vol. 2, p. 11

'Hell' is mostly thanks to superstition and tradition, an imagined realm of firery torment and suffering, while 'sheol' and 'hades' are not that. Jesus spoke more of 'Gehenna' as a place of waste, refuse, destruction, incineration, death, disintegration....and any fire there consumed what was thrown into that garbage dump (the valley of hinnom) turning it to ashes. This is the closest thing resembling the lake of fire mentioned in Rev....causing the second death...but much is symbolic and figurative here, except showing that these fires destroy, consume or incinerate supporting the view of 'conditional immortality'.

A case for universalism can be had as well but such resorts to even more figurative language here as the fires being a purifying or reforming agent whereby sin and impurity is somehow cleansed while the soul itself is saved.

Theosophy criticises the eternal hellfire doctrine from ancient knowledge sources and universal wisdom principles therefore rejects 'hell' on those grounds, allowing for reincarnation and karma to condition, teach and prosper soul's along towards the path of purification and harmony with divine law. Many other schools of philosophy or religion also reject eternal punishing in hellfire beliefs on principle alone, besides other factors that render such untenable.

Sadly most torturists here abandon reason and conscience in excusing such to assume God can do want he wants because he's God, so eternal torment is somehow justified, but this is absurd as it violates conscience, abhors one's sense of morality and justice (equity) and defames the good character of God demonizing him.

Aimiel

You have to reason away hell because you can't justify the fact that you do deserve it. God says you shall go there, and except you repent: you shall.

Mickiel

You have to reason away hell because
you can't justify the fact that you do deserve it..

God help us, this is coming from the leading religion on earth. They are teaching that humans " Deserve" being tortured for 9 trillion years, plus 6 million years, plus 100,000 trillion more years on into infinity!

We deserve it!

God help us.

Status
Not open for further replies.