Why should God accept you?

turbosixx

Please post your answers below, being as brief but precise as possible: Why should God accept you? What have you done to be accepted by Him?

Obeyed the gospel.
2 Thes. 1:8 dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Please post your answers below, being as brief but precise as possible: Why should God accept you? What have you done to be accepted by Him?

In a way, he doesn't. He has accepted his perfect, glorious, righteous Son in my place. So when he looks at my no good, rotten self, he sees perfection. He does not see the sin of the dead body I occupy.

turbosixx

The God incarnated in Jesus accepts all. No favorites, everyone's invited to the banquet.

But we must be clothed properly.

11 "But when the king came in to look over the dinner guests, he saw a man there who was not dressed in wedding clothes, 12 and he said to him, 'Friend, how did you come in here without wedding clothes?' And the man was speechless. 13 Then the king said to the servants, 'Bind him hand and foot, and throw him into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'

daqq

In the OP the word "should" seems merely designed to catch people in a word game. The Father owes no man anything, period. But we are told many things that WE OURSELVES SHOULD DO and even Paul lays out much of this in his epistles:

Romans 12:1-2 KJV
1. I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

2 Corinthians 6:16-18 KJV
16. And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.
18. And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Not to mention the epistles of Peter and James, (i.e. James 4:1-10) which we know some here do not even accept as having been written to themselves. :crackup:

Ben Masada

why Should God Accept You?

why Should God Accept You?

God should nothing. He has accepted us because we have chosen him and, for that matter, we have become God's chosen People. Hence His Words to Pharaoh, "Israel is My son; so let My son go that he may serve Me." (Exod. 4:22,23)

Dan Emanuel

God should nothing. He has accepted us because we have chosen him and, for that matter, we have become God's chosen People. Hence His Words to Pharaoh, "Israel is My son; so let My son go that he may serve Me." (Exod. 4:22,23)
Curious: How do you serve Him?

Daniel

Ben Masada

Why should God accept you?

Curious: How do you serve Him?

Daniel

Don't you have any idea of how a Jew of the same Faith of Jesus which was Judaism serves God? "To the Law and the Prophets; if we don't serve God according to the Law and the Prophets, we don't serve God." (Isa. 8:20) And we don't serve God as Paul used to, only in his mind while he would serve sin in the flesh. (Rom. 7:25)

Dan Emanuel

Don't you have any idea of how a Jew of the same Faith of Jesus which was Judaism serves God? "To the Law and the Prophets; if we don't serve God according to the Law and the Prophets, we don't serve God." (Isa. 8:20)...
The Prophet's talk about resurrection.
...And we don't serve God as Paul used to, only in his mind while he would serve sin in the flesh. (Rom. 7:25)
Paul was once stoned so thoroughly, that they thought he was dead. Later, he was beheaded. Thats not serving sin in the flesh.

Daniel

Amen to both posts. The only reason He "should" is because He said He would....not because of what I have done but because I believe what the LORD Jesus Christ did for us.

Very well said, and in elegantly fewer words. You know, the truth is beautiful in its simplicity, yet the simple word of God filled with the glory of God.

Psalms 119:89 For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven... 103 How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!... 105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Ben Masada

The Prophet's talk about resurrection.
Paul was once stoned so thoroughly, that they thought he was dead. Later, he was beheaded. Thats not serving sin in the flesh.

Daniel

Would you please quote to me which Prophet speaks in favor of bodily resurrection? I am all ears. To say what they do without any evidence, is like hit and run.

Ben Masada

Psalm 16:10 KJV
Psalm 49:9 KJV
Isaiah 26:19 KJV
Daniel 12:2 KJV

Daniel

None of the quotes above has absolutely nothing to do with bodily resurrection. The two quotes from the Psalms are prayers not to be left to die in battle and turn into corruption in the grave. The quotes from Isaiah and Daniel are about the Jews in exile waiting for the end of the exile to return to the Land of Israel. If you want to try again, go ahead and do it. But you will be only wasting your time. Bodily resurrection is not a Jewish doctrine. but Christian.

Dan Emanuel

None of the quotes above has absolutely nothing to do with bodily resurrection. The two quotes from the Psalms are prayers not to be left to die in battle and turn into corruption in the grave. The quotes from Isaiah and Daniel are about the Jews in exile waiting for the end of the exile to return to the Land of Israel. If you want to try again, go ahead and do it. But you will be only wasting your time. Bodily resurrection is not a Jewish doctrine. but Christian.
Its you're word against the whole history of the Christian Church. God weighed in on you're religion Ben. He providentially allowed the Temple to be completely ruined, and has providentially prevented it from being re-built. This happened within the 1st generation of the Church, and nothing has changed in the intervening 1,900+ year's. Still no Temple. Still, God underscore's that you're religion is over.

Daniel