Why no one needs to be predestinated

beloved57

The only ones that are going to be saved in the judgment are those that are "In Christ". God's purpose has already been accomplished and fulfilled by Jesus Christ. As far as God is concerned sin, death and the devil have been abolished by his Son Jesus Christ. We now stand complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. You are not there.

You teach that sinners Christ died for are lost and condemned !

Robert Pate

Banned
"Few there be that find it" Matthew 7:14.

Few there be that find it, because few there be that seek it.

"Enter in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate and broad is the way, that leads to destruction and many there be that go that way".

The broad way is the way of religion. Its Calvinism, Catholicism and all of the other isms.

Jesus is the strait and narrow way, which leads to life and few there be that find it.

Truster

Didn't know God was a works salvation god. Thank you for letting me know. :nono:

You are saying that man needs to provide the work of faith in order to be saved...I don't know if you are seriously that stupid as to try and twist what I posted. It certainly seems to be the case.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Trying to keep the commandments will put you under the curse, Galatians 3:10.

I said
I think you miss the context. That is speaking of the old testament law. Jesus delivered us from that law with the law of Christ(new testament)

[Gal 3:10-12
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, "Cursed [is] everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them."
11 But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God [is] evident, for "the just shall live by faith."
12 Yet the law is not of faith, but "the man who does them shall live by them."

Robert Pate

Banned
I said
I think you miss the context. That is speaking of the old testament law. Jesus delivered us from that law with the law of Christ(new testament)

[Gal 3:10-12
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, "Cursed [is] everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them."
11 But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God [is] evident, for "the just shall live by faith."
12 Yet the law is not of faith, but "the man who does them shall live by them."

Jesus did not introduce New Testament law. What he did do is he elevated the law of Moses and spiritualized it.

The law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, 1 Timothy 1:9.

Christians are not under laws or rules, simply because like you said, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17.

The man that is living by faith does not need laws, rules or religion.

Nanja

Pate

The man that is living by faith does not need laws, rules or religion.

But the only kind of Faith that pleases God is a Fruit and Gift of the Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22; Eph. 2:8.

So unless a person is Born of the Spirit John 3:5 nothing he does can please God.

Rom. 8:8
So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Robert Pate

Banned
Pate

But the only kind of Faith that pleases God is a Fruit and Gift of the Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22; Eph. 2:8.

So unless a person is Born of the Spirit John 3:5 nothing he does can please God.

Rom. 8:8
So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

The only way that one can be born again is by hearing and believing the Gospel. The New Testament does not teach that one can be born again any other way, Galatians 3:2.

Nanja

The only way that one can be born again is by hearing and believing the Gospel. The New Testament does not teach that one can be born again any other way, Galatians 3:2.

Incorrect. That's salvation by works Eph. 2:8!

Hearing and believing the Gospel is only made possible by a person who has been given Faith in New Birth Gal. 5:22; John 3:27.

He first must be OF GOD, Born of the Spirt, before he can hear God's Words John 8:47 which are Spiritual 1 Cor. 2:13-14.

So if and unless a person is first Given New Birth, no works he does pleases God Rom. 8:8 .

Robert Pate

Banned
Incorrect. That's salvation by works Eph. 2:8!

Hearing and believing the Gospel is only made possible by a person who has been given Faith in New Birth Gal. 5:22; John 3:27.

He first must be OF GOD, Born of the Spirt, before he can hear God's Words John 8:47 which are Spiritual 1 Cor. 2:13-14.

So if and unless a person is first Given New Birth, no works he does pleases God Rom. 8:8 .

Like most religious people, you are allowing your religion (Calvinism) to dictate what you believe.

Whether you think it is works or not works, the New Testament teaches that the reception of the Holy Spirit comes to those that hear and believe the Gospel. You apparently don't believe the Gospel, if you did you would not need Calvinism.

"This only would I learn of you, Did you receive the Holy Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith" (hearing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

Only those that hear and believe the Gospel are indwelt with the Holy Spirit.

"For unto us was the Gospel preached, as well unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it" Hebrews 4:2.

You have heard the Gospel, but you don't believe it. This is why you are not indwelt with the Holy Spirit. You must hear and believe.

Truster

Like most religious people, you are allowing your religion (Calvinism) to dictate what you believe.

Whether you think it is works or not works, the New Testament teaches that the reception of the Holy Spirit comes to those that hear and believe the Gospel. You apparently don't believe the Gospel, if you did you would not need Calvinism.

"This only would I learn of you, Did you receive the Holy Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith" (hearing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

Only those that hear and believe the Gospel are indwelt with the Holy Spirit.

"For unto us was the Gospel preached, as well unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it" Hebrews 4:2.

You have heard the Gospel, but you don't believe it. This is why you are not indwelt with the Holy Spirit. You must hear and believe.

As in all his epistles Paul is addressing the saints, not the world. The just and not the unjust. The regenerate and not the unregenerate.

Nanja

Pate

Salvation in Christ is completely involuntary 2 Tim. 1:9; Eph. 2:8-9.

lifeisgood

You are saying that man needs to provide the work of faith in order to be saved...I don't know if you are seriously that stupid as to try and twist what I posted. It certainly seems to be the case.

Don't think so, for the Bible says that ALL come with a measure of faith (Rom. 12). If God did not provide the measure of faith, you or I could never be saved.

So, if anything instead of calling me stupid talking to God about what He does so that all who call on His name can be saved because God has even provided the measure of faith that is necessary for anyone to call on the name of the Lord and be saved would be so much better. Go figure.

On the other side of the coin, whosoever DOES NOT call on the name of the Lord CANNOT and WILL NOT be saved.

Truster

Don't think so, for the Bible says that ALL come with a measure of faith (Rom. 12). If God did not provide the measure of faith, you or I could never be saved.

So, if anything instead of calling me stupid talking to God about what He does so that all who call on His name can be saved because God has even provided the measure of faith that is necessary for anyone to call on the name of the Lord and be saved would be so much better. Go figure.

On the other side of the coin, whosoever DOES NOT call on the name of the Lord CANNOT and WILL NOT be saved.

God is not the title of the Creator. Lord is an English word used to replace Yah Veh and does not convey the Name Eternal. You can call on these titles and names, but you won't be heard.

lifeisgood

God is not the title of the Creator. Lord is an English word used to replace Yah Veh and does not convey the Name Eternal. You can call on these titles and names, but you won't be heard.

So, you address God as Name Eternal in English?

BTW: You changed the subject of the conversation, which is too bad.

lifeisgood

Yah means Eternal and it is autological.

:duh:

Lord is a label.

:duh:

Enough for me. You have a problem with how you are to address God in English, go take it up with Him don't put obstacles on others' path. God can be addressed with so many different names. Have you never read the Bible and seen all the different names God is addressed by. People waste too much time in things that are NON-salvific.

God will hear all who call on His name with faith, be it YHVH or YHWH (which no one knows how to pronounce anyway), Lord, LORD, etc., etc., etc., ad infinitum

Truster

For the sake of clarity we should use the names that are in the Bible, otherwise no one will know what you are talking about.

The Names that are in which Bible?

We all know that you don't know what you are talking about or more importantly WHO you think you are talking about.