Why men won't marry you

1PeaceMaker

Of course. Cautioning young teens against adults who would prey on them is ageist. Just like when parents tell their children not to trust strangers. That is ageist also.

:plain:

You weren't doing that. By your own logic these young women shouldn't be voting. And how about the manipulators in countries where they accept voting at 16? Man, they just want to manipulate teens in government, too.

Or maybe they see the young women and men the way I do. Smarter than you give credit for.

So I think I figured out your beef with 18 year olds getting married, it means old harpies have to compete with fresh, ambitious, fertile, aggressive women who know what they want earlier in life than the old maids who aren't as attractive due to their weird attitudes towards normal men.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You weren't doing that.

Of course I was ... and I will continue to warn young women and men to stay away from adult predators.

By your own logic these young women shouldn't be voting.

They can't until they are eighteen. Try again.

And how about the manipulators in countries where they accept voting at 16? Man, they just want to manipulate teens in government, too.

What on earth are you going on about now? :think:

Or maybe they see the young women and men the way I do. Smarter than you give credit for.

Or it's like I said ... they are easier to manipulate than adult women.

So I think I figured out your beef with 18 year olds getting married, it means old harpies have to compete with fresh, ambitious, fertile, aggressive women who know what they want earlier in life than the old maids who aren't attractive due to their weird attitudes towards normal men.

:chuckle: Sorry to disappoint your childish daydreams, but no, this is about protecting teens from adult predators. I am sorry that educated, mature women make you feel so insecure that you need to act like a 15 year old by lashing out and calling names.

BOLCATS

BANNED
Banned
Of course I was ... and I will continue to warn young women and men to stay away from adult predators.

:chuckle: Sorry to disappoint your childish daydreams, but no, this is about protecting teens from adult predators. I am sorry that educated, mature women make you feel so insecure that you need to act like a 15 year old by lashing out and calling names.

This discussion is about protecting teens and keeping young men and women away from adult predators? You are calling teens young men and women? There are no teen predators? What makes a person a predator? Is a person above a certain arbitrary age who shows interest in a person below a certain arbitrary age a predator by definition or is it more complicated than that? I assume your dividing line is 18? Are there no teens above that age? Are there no adults below that age? What is the act of predation in your mind?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This discussion is about protecting teens and keeping young men and women away from adult predators? You are calling teens young men and women?

The option was children, teen boppers or young men and women. I guess not quite men and women would have been preferable? Or perhaps you are just nit picking.

There are no teen predators?

You know, I was asked that very question in another thread awhile back. Care to gander a guess about who asked that "brilliant" question? It was Voltaire/Dolo/Orange, etc.

What makes a person a predator? Is a person above a certain arbitrary age who shows interest in a person below a certain arbitrary age a predator by definition or is it more complicated than that?

It's not complicated. Adults seeking out teenagers are predators.

I assume your dividing line is 18? Are there no teens above that age? Are there no adults below that age? What is the act of predation in your mind?

Simple ... going after teens who are not intellectually mature enough to understand someone of that age is seeking them out because they are an easy target. It's about ego and control. Men and women with low self esteem need to show the world they are capable of scoring someone much younger. They also know that it is easier to control a child or teen as compared to an adult woman or man.

BOLCATS

BANNED
Banned
The option was children, teen boppers or young men and women. I guess not quite men and women would have been preferable? Or perhaps you are just nit picking.

So, the people you are talking about are not men and women?

You know, I was asked that very question in another thread awhile back. Care to gander a guess about who asked that "brilliant" question? It was Voltaire/Dolo/Orange, etc..

This is very strange. Why do you see the Voltaire connection under every bush? How is it relevant to the discussion?

It's not complicated. Adults seeking out teenagers are predators.

Who are adults and who are teenagers? What are predators. Unless you define your terms, then it becomes not necessarily complicated but unclear and murky.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You have been here long enough to know how to use the quote feature. If you wish to have a reply, fix your post.

BOLCATS

BANNED
Banned
Simple ... going after teens who are they? who are not intellectually mature you know this how? enough to understand someone of that age what age is that? is seeking them out because they are an easy target. An easy target for what? You are a mind reader? How would you know they are seeking in the first place? It's about ego and control. You know this how? Men and women with low self esteem need to show the world they are capable of scoring someone much younger. Read minds much? Why is this particular motivation the only one possible in your mind?They also know that it is easier to control a child or teen as compared to an adult woman or man. Why do you assume they are seeking control of anything to begin with?

My comments are in red.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Fix your post. I am not going to do the work for you. Using the quote feature is not rocket science.

BOLCATS

BANNED
Banned
You have been here long enough to know how to use the quote feature. If you wish to have a reply, fix your post.

I haven't posted here as long as you think. I have been lurking a long time. This last post also indicates to me that you have an issue with control that you project onto others, especially the male species.

1PeaceMaker

A summary of the conversation highlights:

They. Are. Legally. Women. Though I would advise against marriage so early.....

The only reason a man would want to marry someone so young is because they are much easier to manipulate than adult women. Oh. And then there is that ego thing.

First, you are sounding ageist against young women. They are not stupid.....

Your years are what you make of them. Don't spend them dumbing down if you want to be less easy to manipulate.

Rusha said:
Of course. Cautioning young teens against adults who would prey on them is ageist

You weren't doing that. By your own logic these young women shouldn't be voting......

From the woman who whined about stooping to name calling, you are referring to women and men in moral and legal relationships as predators. That's pretty hypocritical.

In your opinion, at what point in the aging process do you get diminishing returns on all that age-based intellectual advantage?

No, it's about why men don't want some women. And that's for many reasons. One of which is because some women have unrealistic expectations that are pretty cemented in their aging heads.

Dan Emanuel

I haven't posted here as long as you think. I have been lurking a long time. This last post also indicates to me that you have an issue with control that you project onto others, especially the male species.
Its difficult to reply to you're post though. She isn't making that up. Its like your making it difficult and not explaining why your doing it, and then when she say's something like, "Hey, can you not make it difficult?" and you're post is you going, "No, I'm going to continue to make it difficult, for no reason."

Daniel

BOLCATS

BANNED
Banned
Its difficult to reply to you're post though. She isn't making that up. Its like your making it difficult and not explaining why your doing it, and then when she say's something like, "Hey, can you not make it difficult?" and you're post is you going, "No, I'm going to continue to make it difficult, for no reason."

Daniel

OK. This whole quoting thing is very difficult for a newbie. It is incredibly time consuming but I apologize for the difficulty in reading it.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
That's not how I remember it. You implied later that it was him wanting too-young women for himself, as I recall. I remember it that way because I felt compelled to correct you.
Blatently false, i was well aware that his "russian emailer bride to be" was over 18 as was everyone else.

We spoke about what he advocated for, and thought was ok for others - hes the one who went off the deep end because we dont agree with his stance on young marriage, or yours.

He gets bent when anyone doesnt agree with him or support what he thinks, thats his issue.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

:thumb: and thats what happened before.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This last post also indicates to me that you have an issue with control that you project onto others, especially the male species.

Quit projecting. I am not required to converse with anyone who is being intentionally inconsiderate to other posters.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...In your opinion, at what point in the aging process do you get diminishing returns on all that age-based intellectual advantage?
This I'd like to address. The prefrontal cortex isn't finished, which means your judgment from a purely biological perspective, until the early to mid twenties, is suspect. At the very least I'd prefer people refrain from making life long commitments until they're well into or out of college. Now couple that with the experiential want someone who has barely left high school suffers from, one taken seriously enough that we've legislated a bar to their ability to contract until the very end of their teens and/or without serious consideration from a court of competent jurisdiction.

A girl or a boy who marries in those early years is likely making an uninformed decision, is demonstrably doing math with a bad calculator.

Age differences can be important, depending on where/when they fall. For instance, if a fifty year old man married a thirty five year old women no one would blink. But if a thirty year old man asks a fifteen year old...different and understandable response. It's reasonable to ask what a grown man is doing attempting to establish a romantic relationship with someone at an age where her genetics and/or experience call her judgement into question.

Last edited: