Why God Does NOT Impose Salvation On Anyone

disturbo

BANNED
Banned
Of course God doesn't impose salvation on anyone, He just gives it to His elect for whom Christ died! They have it while they are enemies and unbelievers Rom 5:10 for to be reconciled to God is Salvation, that means all has been forgiven !

Last edited:

beloved57

The only enemy of God who ever was promised eternal life before he died was the penitent thief on the cross. God can't give salvation to his elect because he would be giving to them something they already possess...they already have it. No person has salvation while they were enemies of God. The cross lies in the middle of one being a condemned enemy, or saved friend of God.

So how about you show me how one who fits the description of 'enemy' can be "SAVED!"

hated, odious, hateful
hostile, hating, and opposing another
used of men as at enmity with God by their sin
opposing (God) in the mind
a man that is hostile
a certain enemy
the hostile one
the devil who is the most bitter enemy of the divine government.

What you believe actually takes everything the cross stands for but you don't care.

I know nothing of your god and your salvation!

The God I serve, His People had Salvation,Reconciliation and Forgiveness while they were enemies and unbelievers Rom 5:10 !

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I know nothing of your god and your salvation!
Well I can't argue with this.

The longer I go, the more I am convinced that Calvinism, at least of the sort you believe in, is an entirely different religion and that its followers have been given over to a debased mind. I've all but decided to stop debating with Calvinists of your stripe except to whatever degree doing so serves my own purposes. It's a complete waste of time to try to convince Calvinist of anything, because their minds do not operate under any set of rules that would permit even the theoretical falsification of their doctrine. A point that they do not deny, by the way. They are openly, proudly, piously irrational.

Resting in Him,
Clete

beloved57

clete

The longer I go, the more I am convinced that Calvinism, at least of the sort you believe in, is an entirely different religion and that its followers have been given over to a debased mind.

And just think, this is your comment of the True Gospel, you know that makes you an unbeliever !

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
clete

And just think, this is your comment of the True Gospel, you know that makes you an unbeliever !

Well we cannot both be right and so if what you believe is correct then, yes, I am an enemy, not just of you but of your god as well. I do not, will not, submit to an unjust being of any kind. Of course you believe that your god will force me to do so but that's just being bullied not actually submitting.

As for me, I know that you will submit to the God of justice and you will do so willingly, understanding fully the blasphemy you not only believed but taught others to believe.

Resting in Him,
Clete

beloved57

Well we cannot both be right and so if what you believe is correct then, yes, I am an enemy, not just of you but of your god as well. I do not, will not, submit to an unjust being of any kind. Of course you believe that your god will force me to do so but that's just being bullied not actually submitting.

As for me, I know that you will submit to the God of justice and you will do so willingly, understanding fully the blasphemy you not only believed but taught others to believe.

Resting in Him,
Clete

You speak evil of God and His Gospel ! God has ordained that for you, See you at the Judgment !

disturbo

BANNED
Banned

The longer I go, the more I am convinced that Calvinism, at least of the sort you believe in, is an entirely different religion and that its followers have been given over to a debased mind. I've all but decided to stop debating with Calvinists of your stripe except to whatever degree doing so serves my own purposes. It's a complete waste of time to try to convince Calvinist of anything, because their minds do not operate under any set of rules that would permit even the theoretical falsification of their doctrine. A point that they do not deny, by the way. They are openly, proudly, piously irrational.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Why God Does NOT Impose Salvation On Anyone - November 11th, 2015, 01:07 PM

Well actually He does at the request of those who know Him.

This is why saved men are sometimes lost afterward.

Judas was an example of that.

as also will be those who refuse the sanctifying power of Gods word, and instead settle for easy things which cost them nothing in the short term.

Heb 11:24 By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;
Heb 11:25 Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;
Heb 11:26 Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.
Heb 11:27 By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.

Psa 45:10 Hearken, O daughter, and consider, and incline thine ear; forget also thine own people, and thy father's house;
Psa 45:11 So shall the king greatly desire thy beauty: for he is thy Lord; and worship thou him.
Psa 45:12 And the daughter of Tyre shall be there with a gift; even the rich among the people shall intreat thy favour.
Psa 45:13 The king's daughter is all glorious within: her clothing is of wrought gold.
Psa 45:14 She shall be brought unto the king in raiment of needlework: the virgins her companions that follow her shall be brought unto thee.
Psa 45:15 With gladness and rejoicing shall they be brought: they shall enter into the king's palace.
Psa 45:16 Instead of thy fathers shall be thy children, whom thou mayest make princes in all the earth.

Isa 49:14 But Zion said, The LORD hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me.
Isa 49:15 Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.
Isa 49:16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.
Isa 49:17 Thy children shall make haste; thy destroyers and they that made thee waste shall go forth of thee.
Isa 49:18 Lift up thine eyes round about, and behold: all these gather themselves together, and come to thee. As I live, saith the LORD, thou shalt surely clothe thee with them all, as with an ornament, and bind them on thee, as a bride doeth.
Isa 49:19 For thy waste and thy desolate places, and the land of thy destruction, shall even now be too narrow by reason of the inhabitants, and they that swallowed thee up shall be far away.
Isa 49:20 The children which thou shalt have, after thou hast lost the other, shall say again in thine ears, The place is too strait for me: give place to me that I may dwell.
Isa 49:21 Then shalt thou say in thine heart, Who hath begotten me these, seeing I have lost my children, and am desolate, a captive, and removing to and fro? and who hath brought up these? Behold, I was left alone; these, where had they been?
Isa 49:22 Thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I will lift up mine hand to the Gentiles, and set up my standard to the people: and they shall bring thy sons in their arms, and thy daughters shall be carried upon their shoulders.
Isa 49:23 And kings shall be thy nursing fathers, and their queens thy nursing mothers: they shall bow down to thee with their face toward the earth, and lick up the dust of thy feet; and thou shalt know that I am the LORD: for they shall not be ashamed that wait for me.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You sound like a real pro. Your judgmentalism is why I avoid people and organizations like you. You're an offense to Christ and His cause because it all begins with negating the efficacy of the Cross with you. You don't care that you outright PERVERT God's Word and are a hypocrite about it.

Well said.

Do you mind if I use your eloquent words to describe some others here too.

LA

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
You speak evil of God and His Gospel ! God has ordained that for you, See you at the Judgment !

I speak the truth! You believe that your god does things that are unjust, by any definition of the word. You don't even deny it!

I reject that god and even you believe and state plainly that I cannot do otherwise because god said I can't. So why should I worry about a judgment I can do nothing about?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Good question, why would a determined creature attempt to do anything other than follow its instincts?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Has anyone ever stopped to think about what the point of Judgment Day is if Calvinism is right?

How does it make sense to even bother having a judgment day when it all the judgements where made by God before time began? How is it a threat to someone to speak about a Judgment Day that has, in effect, already happened? What's there to judge?

Resting in Him,
Clete

musterion

Has anyone ever stopped to think about what the point of Judgment Day is if Calvinism is right?

Yep. Same quandary as with the Gospel: if reprobates CAN'T believe and the elect can't NOT believe, what's the point of the so-called Great Commission, of appeals to faith, of warning anyone of judgment? Meaningless.

Calvinism, taken consistently and to its logical conclusions, is an antibiblical religion designed to slander God and destroy faith in Him, which it has helped to do in Europe and here.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
The answer is very simple.

God does not impose salvation on anyone for several reasons.

1. Salvation is a gift from God.

There are numerous scriptures that tell us savation is a gift from God that has been provided for us by his Son Jesus Christ. In Romans 5:15-18 The word "gift" is mentioned 5 times. And then there are many other scriptures that refer to salvation as a gift from God.

2. Does God really need to make people love him?

According to Calvinism, God had to elect "Some certain Persons" before the foundation of the world to be his own special people. He has to make them love or like him. It appears that God is such a tyrant that he just can't trust people to love or like him by their own free wills. So, he imposes salvation on them.

3. Salvation is by grace through faith.

The Bible teaches that salvation is by grace through faith. The word "grace" means God's unmerited favor towards fallen man. God was merciful in sending Jesus into the world to provide salvation for fallen man. In the Old Testament they were justified by believing in God's promise of a savior. In the New Testament we are justified by believing that Jesus is our savior. Nothing has changed, we are justified by faith and by faith alone. And not by being predestinated or by having salvation imposed upon us.

The God of the Bible imposes salvation on no one. If you want to be saved you will have to come to Christ as a repentant sinner and ask Jesus to save you, "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.
Salvation IS a gift, but Jesus offered and granted salvation to many people before he was supposedly offered as a blood sacrifice in Jerusalem.

Salvation is clearly about transformation in THIS life.

Anyone--the good and the righteous or the evil and the unrighteous--only has to knock at the metaphoric door and Jesus will be revealed to them in their own lives and struggles. And they will all learn Who He IS.