Why Calvinist, Catholics, Muslims, Others are Lost

beloved57

I follow Jesus Christ and not a man. Can't say the same for you.

Brinsmead is just a Christian scholar that teaches justification by faith and by faith alone. Which I also believe.

You deny Jesus Christ, you don't believe that Christ death alone saved from their sins all for whom He died.

Robert Pate

Banned
You follow what Brinsmead has claimed is "the truth" about Jesus Christ and His supposed teaching. Thanks for proving my point.

No, I try everything in the light of the scriptures and the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ.

If it isn't according to the Bible and the Gospel, it is rejected. This is why I am not a Catholic.

Robert Pate

Banned
Yes, "in light of the Scriptures and the 'Historical Gospel' as interpreted and formulated by Brinsmead." Again, you prove my point.

Hogwash!

Read my article, "The Basis or Condition for Christian Fellowship".

You deny the Gospel and the justfying work of Christ. That is why I cannot fellowship with you.

Cruciform

It's simply self-evident. Again: theology does not occur in a vacuum. Back to Post #465.

You deny the Gospel and the justfying work of Christ. That is why I cannot fellowship with you.
You follow the opinions (traditions) of men (Brinsmead, etc.) rather than the authoritative teachings of Christ's one historic Church. THAT is why you cannot fellowship with me.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
What the audience must understand is people like Pate and Raven are free loaders. They want the benefits that are provided through what today is called Calvinism. But they don't want to take the responsibility.

Well, what you just said, makes no rational sense. Then, you wonder
why posters don't understand you. You don't know how to articulate
your confused thoughts?

Robert Pate

Banned
It's simply self-evident. Again: theology does not occur in a vacuum. Back to Post #465.

You follow the opinions (traditions) of men (Brinsmead, etc.) rather than the authoritative teachings of Christ's one historic Church. THAT is why you cannot fellowship with me.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Brinsmead teachs the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ as the only means of one's salvation.

Your one historic church does not even have a Gospel.

Cruciform

Brinsmead teachs the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ as the only means of one's salvation.
Back to Post #465.

Your one historic Church does not even have a Gospel.
An ironic assertion, since Christ's one historic Church was preaching and living the Gospel of Jesus Christ for fifteen centuries before a single sectarian Protestant ever managed to stumble onto the scene. Try again.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Calvin vs brinsmead? One is popular and the other is never heard of. One stood the test of time and the other never made it to the surface. Christians knows how to read the bible.

Robert Pate

Banned
Calvin vs brinsmead? One is popular and the other is never heard of. One stood the test of time and the other never made it to the surface. Christians knows how to read the bible.

You had best define what a Christian is.

"Many will say to me on that day, Lord, Lord, didn't we...?"

Only to hear... "Depart from me I never knew you" Matthew 7:21-23.

Robert Pate

Banned
Back to Post #465.

An ironic assertion, since Christ's one historic Church was preaching and living the Gospel of Jesus Christ for fifteen centuries before a single sectarian Protestant ever managed to stumble onto the scene. Try again.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Before a Catholic ever stumbled upon the scene the Bible became a closed book.

There is nothing, absolutly nothing in the Bible about your one historic church.

Cruciform

Before a Catholic ever stumbled upon the scene the Bible became a closed book.
Hardly, since it was Christ's one historic Catholic Church that composed, compiled, copied, and canonized the Scriptures centuries before any such thing as a "Protestant" even existed. Your fundamental ignorance of Christian history is on display here.

There is nothing, absolutly nothing in the Bible about your one historic Church.
Categorically refuted (again) here and here. Don't even bother.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hardly, since it was Christ's one historic Catholic Church that composed, compiled, copied, and canonized the Scriptures centuries before any such thing as a "Protestant" even existed. Your fundamental ignorance of Christian history is on display here.

Categorically refuted (again) here and here. Don't even bother.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Show where scripture states that Christ's Church is the Catholic Church

Cruciform

Answers from a totally Catholic Website that still does not address the question. Where does the scripture state that the Church Christ founded is the Catholic Church?
Already decisively answered. The fact that you happen not to prefer the answer is entirely irrelevant.