Who God is

Jamie Gigliotti

God is: The Great I Am, the Beginning and the End, from everlasting to everlastimg; He is Love; He is Holiness; He is the Father of those born of Him through Jesus and the Holy Spirit, those who are led by Him. He is Light and all that is Good. He is the only thing that is truly awesome!

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
jamie did not say who she believes her spiritual mother is. The word spiritual is not found in this verse. The words "Jerusalem above" are.
Oh. You didn't answer my question though. Is "the Jerusalem above" your physical mother? If not, what does Galatians 4:26 mean?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Thanks for clearing that up. Now do you want to take a shot at answering the question? or are you done.
I'm not sure what you mean. I objected to jamie and you comment on what you thought. Have I cleared up that I don't see the word physical and I don't see the word spiritual in this verse? That the Jerusalem above is our mother is true. The correct understanding can be had by reading the passage.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
That the Jerusalem above is our mother is true. The correct understanding can be had by reading the passage.
Yes, and you've said that the verse does not mean that "the Jerusalem above" (Gal4:26) is our physical mother (and the word "physical" does not appear in the verse also). So you claim that, "The correct understanding can be had by reading the passage," so in what way is (we've established that it is not physical) "the Jerusalem above" "our mother?" That's what I'm asking you. Hazard some guesses, IOW.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes, and you've said that the verse does not mean that "the Jerusalem above" (Gal4:26) is our physical mother (and the word "physical" does not appear in the verse also). So you claim that, "The correct understanding can be had by reading the passage," so in what way is (we've established that it is not physical) "the Jerusalem above" "our mother?" That's what I'm asking you. Hazard some guesses, IOW.
Actually, you said the word physical is not there. But you brought in the words physical and spiritual. Neither is there. You might be saying something different from jamie. jamie may or may not be using this passage to support her statement.

Can we talk about the passage without thinking that jamie meant Jerusalem above is our spiritual mother? Yes, because we don't know what jamie meant and because the word spiritual is not in the verse.

Should we start with verse 1 of chapter 4 or something before that?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Can we talk about the passage without thinking that jamie meant Jerusalem above is our spiritual mother?

I said, "I was born physically but before I was born I was conceived and attached to my mother. To be born of the Spirit we must be spiritually conceived and attached to our spiritual mother."

I thought it was self-evident who our spiritual mother is.

If God could make us his children by fiat, why would he have created humans as mortal?

Spiritual reproduction is a two step process. We must be born of woman and then when mature spiritually we can be born of the Spirit.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said, "I was born physically but before I was born I was conceived and attached to my mother. To be born of the Spirit we must be spiritually conceived and attached to our spiritual mother."

I thought it was self-evident who our spiritual mother is.

If God could make us his children by fiat, why would he have created humans as mortal?

Spiritual reproduction is a two step process. We must be born of woman and then when mature spiritually we can be born of the Spirit.
Each person has a father and a mother. Your first birth you are born of your mother.

Spiritual birth is to be born of God. It is completely different. It is also a second birth. The first birth was physical. The second birth is of the Spirit so some people say it is spiritual.

oatmeal

John 4:24 God is spirit

I John 1:5 God is light

I John 4:16 God is love

Psalm 18:1-2 God is my strength, my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my strength in whom I will trust, my shield and my horn of my salvation, my stronghold

Psalm 23 my Shepherd

My redeemer

The God of peace

The God and Father of the lord Jesus Christ.

KingdomRose

Colossians 1:15 KJV ,,,in the mirror...

The one who Jesus is the reflection OF is God. He reflects his Father, Jehovah, to whom he said, "YOU are the only true God." (John 17:3) I wonder why most folks are unwilling to take seriously what Jesus said.

At Psalm 83:18 (KJV) it is stated just as clearly who God is:

"That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the Most High over all the earth."

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The one who Jesus is the reflection OF is God. He reflects his Father, Jehovah, to whom he said, "YOU are the only true God." (John 17:3) I wonder why most folks are unwilling to take seriously what Jesus said.

At Psalm 83:18 (KJV) it is stated just as clearly who God is:

"That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the Most High over all the earth."
JEHOVAH is the name the translators used here.